PDA

View Full Version : BGW in '05?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

bigbadwolf501
08-31-2004, 10:58 PM
Think about the size of the building compared to the size of a standard mouse coaster. The building would have tons of extra space and since they just got rid of one i would think if they would've wanted an indoor mouse they would've just built the building around the original coaster. It would be extremely stupid if they did get a spinning mouse. All of busch's major rides are originial and this looks like it will be a MAJOR attraction. i would be so dissapointed if they did decide to put in one. it would be stupid business. also, just a question, did williamsburg get a lot of rain from Gaston? if so it could delay construction a little bit, couldn't it?

BuschBoys
08-31-2004, 11:19 PM
ya'll are way off. i used to work there and from all my boys still there. it already has a name. i dont have enough experience with rides outside of va to explain what its close to but what i hear its compared to be better than that spiderman ride

bk2004
08-31-2004, 11:24 PM
It's funny because all of the puzzle pieces come togather for a coaster similar to Exterminator. I just hopes it's not, but I to doubt it since they just removed one! :eek:

McMonkey
08-31-2004, 11:50 PM
I've seen the construction of the show building, and it doesn't appear to be large enough to support an attraction like IOA's Spiderman. Although I would like to think they would build something like that, the people saying "indoor wild mouse" are probably closer to the new attraction. I then thought they could fit a Premier LIM launch coaster, similar to Florida's Mummy, but their show building is much larger in square feet. The hollywood version seems more realistic, or even that coaster tracked robo-coaster attraction could also be a possibility, but who knows. I'm sure it will be a great attraction, seeing as how the last coaster attraction added was Apollo's Chariot in 99.

Wes
09-01-2004, 07:58 AM
To throw a monkey wrink in, could it be an indoor Top Spin, a la Tomb Raider?

I would love that if it was. I want a coaster more of course.

ErioL
09-01-2004, 09:21 AM
Ughh...they need a coaster, no question about it. Seems this is not the year though.

DrachenFire123
09-02-2004, 10:23 PM
I bet there going to suprise us next year, and just pop one up without us knowing.

rocketchk
09-03-2004, 03:06 AM
Sweetie, I think the newspapers would find out and report it. Or at least report all the construction complaints from the Snobsmill, ahem, sorry, the Kingsmill community. Hopefully we'll get an official press release soon. They could use the publicity with 2005 passports just going on sale. Don't worry, the skeletons told me it's gonna be awesome. Big sign=big ride. ;)

Jessica

HPStormRunner22
09-03-2004, 06:05 AM
^ I think we would of found out by now. They would have to be building this deep in the woods and will have to wait to go verticle until the park is closed. There is almost no way they could build a coaster without it being spotted from the Alpengeist or Apollo's Chariot lift hills.

DrachenFire123
09-03-2004, 12:04 PM
Maybe there not going to build it until the season is over?

rocketchk
09-03-2004, 03:48 PM
Nah, if I remember correctly, they had a majority of Alpie up before the end of the season before it actually opened. I'm not sure the specifics of how long it takes to completly build a coaster, but I *think* (please dont yell at me for not knowing) its gotta be more than 7 months, especially with our weather. Besides, they've already got one ride opening next year, god knows Busch wouldnt want to put TWO new rides in within at least 2 years of each other. It seems like they alternate years with what they do new- show, attraction/ride, show, attraction/ride. Does anyone else know exactly how many years/coasters are left on the B&M contact with BGW? I think it's at least 2 more coasters, but not sure about the yrs left.

Jessica

TomG
09-06-2004, 10:54 PM
I was driving down to Cape Hatteras this weekend for a little surf session from Frances and saw a sign in Virginia on Rte 168. It was a BGW billboard that said:

"Fables to Freefalls"

It also had the date 2005.

What do you think? An indoor 4D freefall?

Carowinds 73-03
09-06-2004, 11:02 PM
Thats sounds intresting, thats what it sounds like to me. Wish you would have gotten a pic. Maybe i'll see it on I-77 on my way to Ohio.

Was there anything else on the billboard? Like color or some kind of pic of the park or just what you said with BGW on it?

rocketchk
09-07-2004, 01:45 AM
I'm way too excited about this new ride, thank you Tom for the info...but can anyone pretty please explain to me what a freefall coaster is, and maybe even see some pics? I would really appreciate it, I can't find any info on rcdb and the glossary on here doesn't help either.

Jessica

Brian P
09-07-2004, 08:57 AM
If I understood, he was referring to a freefall tower, not coaster (ie: Power Tower, Drop Zone, etc).

TomG
09-07-2004, 09:41 AM
Man I wish I had my camera at the time. The billboard was black with some bluish-greenish round shaped spots behind the writing. That was not as impressive as the message.

Anyway, I did a google with the message and found this:

http://www.buschgardens.com/buschgardens/va/parkinfo/bgw.pdf

Nothing too exciting except the first picture which shows a yellow track like the Loch Ness with people screaming on a B&M floorless looking train.

ErioL
09-07-2004, 10:04 AM
I don't know if you noticed but in the Ireland page there is your quote, "Fables to Freefall." Interesting.

Jerry S
09-07-2004, 10:39 AM
Seems like a smaller Tower of Terror, but with more than one tower drop. It's not a coaster probably.

Lochness78
09-07-2004, 11:51 AM
Hi im new here and to let you know i do work at BGW. I work at Lochness. Let you know the new ride isnt a freefall or a coaster. I cant really say cause Busch isnt ready to tell people yet, but i will leave you with a hint for this new ride. Its inside and you have to wear something in order to enjoy the ride.

TomG
09-07-2004, 12:09 PM
Virtual reality robocoaster...choose your adventure.

edh101985
09-07-2004, 01:06 PM
How can you think it is a freefall ride? Look at the building! And its obviously going to be a 4-d style ride.

Aphelion
09-07-2004, 05:11 PM
Man I wish I had my camera at the time. The billboard was black with some bluish-greenish round shaped spots behind the writing. That was not as impressive as the message.

Anyway, I did a google with the message and found this:

http://www.buschgardens.com/buschgardens/va/parkinfo/bgw.pdf

Nothing too exciting except the first picture which shows a yellow track like the Loch Ness with people screaming on a B&M floorless looking train.
Wow, that's really interesting, the first concrete evidence anyone has posted that points to what it will be. Also the castle to the top right makes me think that the building will look like a castle, maybe the new ride will be a coaster that comes outside of the building, it wouldn't have that much room though.

rocketchk
09-07-2004, 05:49 PM
Since the "Fables to Freefalls" line is in the Ireland section on the brochure, it is probably referring to the "freefall" at the end of Corkscrew Hill. And I always thought that the coaster with the red OTSRs and yellow track was just a mistake. I wonder if anyone has ever taken the picture to guest services and asked where that coaster is located in the park. And the castle structure next to the non-existent reminds me of the castle thing that you walk under when you enter Ireland. Look here:http://mysite.verizon.net/mattmidgette/bgw/id10.html

BTW, I think BGW just likes to torture their fans. I wish they'd just let us know something.

Jessica

HPStormRunner22
09-07-2004, 05:56 PM
I was wandering what that coaster was doing there on the brochure. I can just wish that it is a sign of what is to come.:)

bigbadwolf501
09-07-2004, 07:11 PM
The picture on the brochure has been used several times. It was used on a pamphlet about season passes for the 2003 season. It is also used on all the other brochures for the A-B parks. It's used for BGT, BGW, SWO, & SWT. The coaster is actually Kraken but the company just used for all their parks w/ major coasters and just changed the color. It's a promotional pic. Also, the "Fables to Freefalls" slogan has been used for several years now and has always been referring to Ireland. I saw a billboard w/ the slogan on it on I-95 in 2003 so it's obviously not a promotion for 2005.

Lochness78
09-07-2004, 10:47 PM
Actually, yeah. Its a simulator. Its going to be like the Spider-Man simulator of the Islands of Adventure. None of the employees know what the theme is though. The managers won't tell us. Well, the info on the ride is suppose to be posted in our employee newspaper. So i will see if its posted and if it is, I will tell you the theme for the ride and stuff like that.

ErioL
09-07-2004, 11:09 PM
Ain't it funny how these employees always seem to pop up when we have a question about a park?...I'm not saying anything you didn't think.

StevenV
09-08-2004, 09:51 PM
After looking at the building and even the pictures of the posters, I have come to another possible conclusion.

I think that this attraction will be another R.L. Stein - based attraction.

GAcoasterguy
09-08-2004, 10:19 PM
I doubt that...Haunted Lighthouse seems to be pretty unpopular with guests (especially compared to Pirates). I don't think they'll be going with RL Stine again anytime soon.

ErioL
09-08-2004, 11:29 PM
I doubt that...Haunted Lighthouse seems to be pretty unpopular with guests (especially compared to Pirates). I don't think they'll be going with RL Stine again anytime soon.
I hope not...I really hope not.

rocketchk
09-08-2004, 11:54 PM
The teaser sign doesn't remind me of anything that RL Stine would do. I take that back-I just looked at the list of books he's written, and he spits out on average 10-15 books a year, and a lot were about werewolfs. I don't think that they have some sort of developing contract with him, that would just be too random. Everybody hates Lighthouse. But the skeleton teaser saying that its for the family does bother me a bit. They need to let go of the family thing for just one attraction. Nobody minds "Fiends in the Festhaus", and that show's full of strippers. Swear to god. LOL

Jessica

ErioL
09-09-2004, 09:37 AM
^? Strippers in BGW? Surely you jest.

Jerry S
09-09-2004, 10:20 AM
No really. The dancers don't wear a "family friendly" amount of clothing sometimes.

rocketchk
09-09-2004, 07:04 PM
During the last show last year (only about 50 people in the Festhaus, and no little kids thank god), one of the nurses jumped up on the table behind us, got on all fours and grinded her booty in the face of the teenage boys sitting behind us while licking her lips at me. If thats not strippin, I don't know what is. Maybe thats why they had the rating of PG-13 for the show. It was crazy, scary and hilarious all at the same time.

Jessica

Red Dog 40
09-09-2004, 07:15 PM
coasternet.com reports that this attracttion wil be a highly themed walkthrough experiance, sounds very gay to me. I dont want some gay fun house as a new ride we want thrills BGW!!!

ErioL
09-10-2004, 09:52 AM
It would be nice if it were a fun house/walkthrough to a coaster.

BimmerZ3
09-10-2004, 04:23 PM
http://www.thrillnetwork.com/stories_view.php/584

"Park officials are very tight-lipped, only saying that the new ride is a thrill ride that will push the envelope of theme park technology."

Sounds promising, no?

coasetrphil
09-10-2004, 05:11 PM
Unless the say pushes the envelope of roller coaster technology then you can't get too excited. They probably said the same type of stuff before that crappy Haunted Lighthouse attraction.

CPdude05
09-10-2004, 05:15 PM
^They said "it will push the envelope of theme park techology"

This should be pretty awesome. BGW hasnt gotten anything in a while.

ErioL
09-10-2004, 10:26 PM
^Yea I hope so. I'm going there in 2006, this better be good.

Jerry S
09-11-2004, 10:49 AM
It's something that we've never heard of OR It's those RoboArm things, but ona lracks. I think they advertised that on the site too. It's a robotic arm with seats that you strap into, and then it moves along a track.

HPStormRunner22
09-12-2004, 07:36 AM
^ Those Robo Arms sound pretty fun. Though I'd like to see something new, yet still reliable and exciting.

BimmerZ3
09-14-2004, 11:23 PM
Do you mean Robo coaster? If so, then yeah, they look like the kick ass, but I seriously doubt they could manage the capasity that a park like BGW would need, especially since this would be a brand new type of attraction, except I think they have some in one of the Legolands.

coasetrphil
09-14-2004, 11:27 PM
Those robocoasters are really lame so I don't think that would be a good investment unless its a really tiny park, so BGW would definitely not be a good choice for one.

ErioL
09-15-2004, 10:24 AM
Those robocoasters are really lame so I don't think that would be a good investment unless its a really tiny park, so BGW would definitely not be a good choice for one.
Agree, I hope we don't a robo snoozer.

BimmerZ3
09-15-2004, 05:54 PM
Have you ridden one? If not, I think they look pretty damn cool to me, just not practical for a big park. If so, then well... that sucks.

coasetrphil
09-15-2004, 06:32 PM
Yes Bimmer I have ridden one before and I can tell you firsthand that they are extremely lame. I have a pic of me on one of them in a thread somewhere.

Edit: Here is the proof http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/showpost.php?p=368117&postcount=1026

Jerry S
09-17-2004, 06:21 PM
I'm sure they're not that bad. It's probably cool to be upsidedown for a while. I would love to ride one of them. Anything new with BG? I searched around a bit, but got nothing. You'd think that they would release it after seeing what their competition let out.

rocketchk
09-17-2004, 08:37 PM
Hey Phil...you're pretty cute there :kiss: . I attempted to go and get pics today but we're getting a bit of the left over Ivan. As of last Sunday...a ton of HOS theming is up. Banbury Cross, Heatherdowns and Festa Italia look almost complete. The bridge's effects after Pompeii have been working for about 3 weeks now, scarying the crap outta everybody. A bunch of the scenes during the train is in place. For some reason, I'm really excited about this years HOS.

As for construction, most of the walls are up. No theming yet, but I think they'll wait until after the season for that. There are a few corners of the building still open, possibly to drag the ride parts in. If you go on the train, you can get a great backside view. The building reminds me of the Spongebob theatre ride at PKD, It's about the same size. I hope part of the line is going to be inside because WM's old que will not hold the capacity for a new ride. Why have they not announced anything yet? I'm dying over here.

Jessica

ErioL
09-18-2004, 10:05 PM
Why have they not announced anything yet? I'm dying over here.
Jessica
Yea I want a press release, but we just have to be patient.

Jerry S
09-18-2004, 10:24 PM
I hate when BG does this. Damn! It's not fari. I don't understand why parks dont release it to people like us simply before public. It's not like GP actually care when WE tell them.

rocketchk
09-19-2004, 01:31 AM
Dude, I feel ya. You would think they would want to use all the excitement as advertisement with the 2005 season pass drive going on. It would really boost sales. Patient is not in my vocabulary. lol

Jess

Jerry S
09-19-2004, 11:43 AM
Yes, and the locals wouldn't know about a new ride in BGW, as PKD already released their information. Many would jump to the "early bird specials" in PKD before knowing that BG has somethin too.

bigbadwolf501
09-19-2004, 03:15 PM
you would think that they would want to announce it since PKD has announced their new ride. it seems like they would want people to know that they're going to have a new ride which is bigger and maybe better. All 3 Sea World parks have kinda announced what they're going to do for 2005 so I think it shouldn't be long until BGW and BGT both announce their new rides. But, do think BGW might not announce it till Howl-O-Scream is over because it seems like they're really trying to make that their main advertising thing right now.

Jerry S
09-19-2004, 03:15 PM
Really? What did San Diego announce?

RLLrCoastrLover
09-19-2004, 03:27 PM
How far in advance did they anounce AC?

bigbadwolf501
09-19-2004, 05:59 PM
SWSD is getting the same show as SWT. They haven't really said that it is that show but on their website it says that the sea lion and otter stadium will close this fall to undergo a renovation for a new show next year so it sounds like it will be the same show as SWT. I think they announced AC in late September.

bigbadwolf501
09-19-2004, 06:15 PM
I just found it on ultimaterollercoaster.com. They announced AC on Sept. 4 of 98

rocketchk
09-19-2004, 10:31 PM
Here's some pics I took today of the construction and of some HOS stuff. I had to climb up and lift my camera up and over the fence so they were taken blindly but I think they turned out decent.

http://www.picturetrail.com/rocketchk (http://www.picturetrail.com/rocketchk)

Jessica

bk2004
09-19-2004, 10:43 PM
/\ Pretty nice pictures, knowing that you took them blindly.

I still have no clue what they are building.

Wes
09-20-2004, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the pics as well. I passed the link on to some coaster friends of mine (who aren't on TN) :)

After watching that show on video this weekend about Dracenfire I'm just dieing to have a good ride in that area again (in Wild Maus area I know).

Can't wait. Hope it's not a let-down when they announce it.

Jerry S
09-21-2004, 06:39 PM
It looks like it'll be a coaster. I think that that robocoaster thing was a good guess, because I think this entire ride and building is being built by Maurer Sohne. They have many variations on their coasters, It can be any of them. And most aren't too tall. Maybe It's one that's really twisted. Also, Maurer Sohne makes buildings like that too, and the one in those pics above is alot like the one on the website.

Wes
09-21-2004, 09:31 PM
Do you know the name of one of their coasters?

I've never heard of them.

rocketchk
09-22-2004, 02:27 AM
They've made a bunch of Wild Mouses'. I swear to god if BG puts a WM in right after taking one out, I'm gonna scream. But on their (MS) website, theres a video about their new "ride experience" and its got video. If this is whats going in, along with BGW's themeing, it'll be awesome. Xtended Roller Coaster (http://www.maurer-soehne.de/en/Amusement/Xtended_Rides/Rollercoaster/Rollercoaster.htm)
http://www.maurer-soehne.de/en/Amusement/Xtended_Rides/Rollercoaster/Rollercoaster.htm

Jessica

Wes
09-22-2004, 08:04 AM
They've got some wicked looking rides! Can't believe I've never heard of them.

ErioL
09-22-2004, 09:42 AM
Hey while your at it, if anyone wants to buy some coasters for cheap change, head here http://www.italintl.com/category.php?category=Roller%20Coasters

HPStormRunner22
09-22-2004, 04:09 PM
Those Xtended coasters look pretty awesome. They would make a great dark ride too. All in all it the perfect fit for BGW.

DaBGWFreak
09-22-2004, 05:16 PM
I was wondering if you guys have a reason to think that Maurer Sohne is building the new ride. If they are it seems like the new ride will be awesome. That video of the xtended roller coaster was sick

bigbadwolf501
09-22-2004, 05:23 PM
I also think that this ride would be great. It looks like it can be intense and fun in a compact space. I know 40,000 sq ft. is big for a building but for a coaster it would be small but it looks like this ride could pull it off.

rocketchk
09-23-2004, 12:11 AM
That video of the xtended roller coaster was sick Yea I know. I was amazed when I was watching it. And did you notice they used some of the same phrases that BGW has used in their press release and with their skelton spokesmen? That's what leads me to believe that there is a good possibility that this company is involved.

I know 40,000 sq ft. is big for a building but for a coaster it would be small but it looks like this ride could pull it off.Plus with the added elements that the Xtended cars could provide-it WILL be awesome. If you look on the website where they talk about the "indoor halls" they can build, it lists the added stuff the park can add to the ride. So all the employees that I've been bothering everytime I go that say its gonna be a 3D, possibly 4D ride could be right. Meowcoaster1, you may be a genius. :)

Jessica

Wes
09-23-2004, 08:28 AM
I was wondering if you guys have a reason to think that Maurer Sohne is building the new ride. If they are it seems like the new ride will be awesome. That video of the xtended roller coaster was sick

:eek: Another bgwfreak???? :eek: Can TN handle two of us??? ;) he he

Welcome to the Boards.

After seeing this builders site I'd love to see one of their coasters at BGW. But nothing will ever replace Drachenfire. :sadface:

DaBGWFreak
09-23-2004, 02:44 PM
:eek: Another bgwfreak???? :eek: Can TN handle two of us??? ;) he he
I dunno bgwfreak lol...

DaBGWFreak
09-23-2004, 02:46 PM
I'm going to bg on saturday and try to scope out the construction myself... I feel bad because I've only gone like 3 times this season, so I have to start working that number up before the end of the season. :)

ErioL
09-23-2004, 02:50 PM
I'm going to bg on saturday and try to scope out the construction myself... I feel bad because I've only gone like 3 times this season, so I have to start working that number up before the end of the season. :)
Shut up, just Shut up. I haven't been in years =(.

HPStormRunner22
09-23-2004, 04:17 PM
I wish I could go down and scope out construction. Oh well I got Hydra to watch being built.

DaBGWFreak
09-27-2004, 12:36 AM
I went on Saturday to BGW and the building is huge... they have a fence up, but you can clearly see the building from all over Oktoberfest. I tried to take a pic of it, but all I had was my phone and the pic didn't turn out to good. Also there were steam shovels inside the building so that sorta confirms what employees have told me, that the building inside is below ground level. So there could be enough room for a roller coaster. Or at least an extended coaster.

DaBGWFreak
09-27-2004, 12:46 AM
also, the red baron plane ride was taken out due to the construction.

ErioL
09-27-2004, 09:35 AM
^Ouch...Busch doesn't have many flats anyway....Not that I was crazy about that ride.

HPStormRunner22
09-27-2004, 04:10 PM
^ Busch is lacking in the flats department. Next year I would like to see a nice assortment of flats added. A top spin would be nice.

bigbadwolf501
09-27-2004, 06:34 PM
the red baron was a kiddie ride so its no big deal that they got rid of it. i mean it had a height limit on it. i bet they might put it back up in another spot after construction is over. Today the park sent out a voucher about renewing passports and inside it says, "Get ready for our newest, most thrilling attraction ever. Prepare for a scare that will chill you to the bone." sounds pretty promising to me. i just can't wait till they announce it.

rocketchk
09-28-2004, 03:27 AM
Havent gotten that in the mail yet. Im waiting to renew to see what new pass designs they have next season, and oh yes, I have no money. So they're saying that this is gonna be better than Alpie and AC? Hmmmm, think not. They're seriously pissing me off. Official verdict on 2004's HOS---lame. Sea Dog Cemetery gets 70 pts tho. We'll see about next weekend.

Jessica

ErioL
09-28-2004, 11:24 AM
^Dude--I mean dudette--you take BGW for granted...I have to deal with SFTW in Houston, and we probably won't get anything for a long time; BGW is eons ahead of this park in so many ways...Don't count BGW out.

BTW...how are the Admirals doing this year??

rocketchk
09-28-2004, 04:06 PM
BTW...how are the Admirals doing this year??
Oh snap, you said the magic words! The Admirals are my heart. Our teams gonna be a serious contender for the Calder Cup this year...season starts on Oct. 15th. I'll keep you posted if you want.

I guess I should add something about BGW so I don't get hurt, lol. Uhhh, theres a big, huge deep hole inside the building. I'm sure it will be great, and I don't take them for granted, it just makes me upset sometimes that they take us for granted. This season vs. last season just makes me shake my head in disbelief. Isn't a park supposed to improve every season, not take steps back? They need to have a board of passmembers that sit down every month and talk to the park officials about issues they see need to be worked on. I'd looove to tell them what I think.

Jessica

HPStormRunner22
09-28-2004, 05:59 PM
This is a bit off topic but.. I might go see the Admirals play a preseason game against the Hershey Bears in the Soveirgn Center in Reading, PA. Back on topic. I hope this will be an extremely thrilling attraction. They better not pull a Six Flags on us.:)

ErioL
09-28-2004, 06:54 PM
Oh snap, you said the magic words! The Admirals are my heart. Our teams gonna be a serious contender for the Calder Cup this year...season starts on Oct. 15th. I'll keep you posted if you want.

I MISS MY HOME!!! I miss the Scope, I miss the giant whale mural in downtown Norfolk...I miss the aircraft carriers in the bay. I miss the BLUE CRAB!! I miss the boardwalk. And I big time miss Williamsburg during Christmas. I miss my grandma's house :( lol, hehe...Don't take Virginia for granted...Its so much better then the giant oil refinery called Houston. Virginia is for lovers---thats why I'm going back :devil:

bigbadwolf501
09-28-2004, 06:55 PM
rocketchk- they did add new attractions this season. Imaginique was revamped and Pet Shenanigans was a new show in Ireland. I know what u mean by them taking a step back but they did add something, even though it was small, this season.

rocketchk
09-28-2004, 10:47 PM
Okay, let's discuss here. Pet Shenanigans is funny the first time, tedious the next. Its not something to see again and again. On the other hand, the only reason why we bought season passes the last two years, and the same reason we will buy them next season, is only because of Imaginique. I went every single night I didnt have to work with my trusty camcorder. I can't talk enough about how much I LOVE that show. The "revamped" show was great--but remember last season? They had a ton of street performers (and the 3 gymnastics girls with realllllly bad french accents do NOT count) and they passed out pinwheels, the artists walked around for pictures before they got ready and it was really an experience. This year, they treated it like it was just another show. The enthusiasm was gone. It really broke my heart because theres so much they can do with theming for Imaginique, and thats exactly what I meant by taking steps back. Continue to do a great job at something. Don't just get people to be wowed by something one season and then just stop. I just see a lot of missed opportunities walking around the park throughout the year, and it frustrates the hell outta me. But please don't get me wrong, I'll have an undying love for that park.

BTW---HERSHEY BEARS SUCK! :P And I just found my new signature line. lol. This AHL season is gonna rock. Bears and Phantoms are going down baby.

Jerry S
09-29-2004, 08:22 AM
I can get free Admirals tickets. My grandparents live in VA Beach, and are friends with one of the star players. But I prefer NHL hehehehe.

ErioL
09-29-2004, 10:13 AM
^That's nice^ It would be cool if the Admirals kinda got...put in the NHL, but it would be rough. Do you think Norfolk could have any kind of professional team like that?? Is the support there?? I haven't been in almost 4 yrs.

rocketchk
09-29-2004, 02:05 PM
Um, we don't have enough support for the Admirals as it is! We were thisclose to losing the team this year. Lots of drama I dont want to relive. We also lost the bid for the Expos to come here. This area has always tried to get a professional team here (NBA, NHL, MLB) and the support is just not there. We will never be "professional," but we have an awesome group of professional guys on the Ads and Tides. I'm satisfied how we are. We went to see a Blackhawks vs Capitals game in march, and it was the most painful 3 hours of my life. Seriously, I could go on forever about my Ads. And Meow, I think free tickets are cool, and some of the guys offer them to me, but with the state the team is in right now, I perfer to pay for my seat to support my team. Along with a few $7 beers. lol
How bout those flowers at BGW? lol Gotta throw the topic in there somewhere
Jessica

HPStormRunner22
09-29-2004, 04:28 PM
Hershey Bears are awesome. And the Tide suck. Scranton Red Barons would kill them any day.

I hope BGW will announce this soon. Everybody else has made their announcements, It's BGW's turn now.

Red Dog 40
09-29-2004, 06:43 PM
i wish bg could get something like kanga ka it looks so freakin awsome it even looks themed well. But i was at BGW on saturday and the builing is massive and if it has that hole in it this ride will be awsome. Get ready for an anouncement anytime before halloween.

PS hallowscream was great this year it just gets bigger better and scarier every year, i remeber how small it was the 1st year when there was one haunted house where corkscrew hill is, good job bg

DaBGWFreak
09-30-2004, 02:37 PM
I agree with Red Dog, howl-o-scream was great and it had huge potential. Last weekend was only the first weekend, and they didn't seem to have everything quite finished. (Distorted Dimension didn't have the last spinning room finished and they didn't hand out the glasses). But it seems like they tried alot harder this year. The Curse Pompeii actually had a storyline, there were LOTS more costumed characters scaring people all over the park, sea dog cemetary was better and more detailed. Before you go putting down the park you have to realize that it wasn't finished and actually take a good look at how it was last year. And btw I can't wait to go back in a couple of weeks (which I am) because it was that damn good.

DaBGWFreak
09-30-2004, 02:38 PM
Fiends in the Festhaus also had a lot more people in it as well. :)
(And let's keep the topic to BGW because let's face it, the admirals suck. Otherwise they would be able to get more support)

DMBCardinal
09-30-2004, 02:44 PM
Do people talk about rollercoasters around here? ;)

Wes
09-30-2004, 02:44 PM
I personally wasn't that impressed with Howl-o-scream. Although I didn't go into the pay per attractions, the in-park "frighteners" weren't very scary. More annoying than anything.

I wanted to punch the stupid clown over near Apollo. lol

bigbadwolf501
09-30-2004, 06:16 PM
ummm, i don't think they have any pay-per attractions at howl-o-scream. everything is included with admission

NC Coasterman
09-30-2004, 06:22 PM
BGWFreak,
What pay per attractions did you encounter at Howl-O-Scream?
I can't think of any.

As for the new attraction, I would be surprised if any announcement was made at all before this season ends.

rocketchk
09-30-2004, 09:30 PM
Last weekend was only the first weekend, and they didn't seem to have everything quite finished. (Distorted Dimension didn't have the last spinning room finished and they didn't hand out the glasses). I was there Friday when HOS started at 6pm, DD was the first thing I went on, and I recieved glasses and the tube at the end was complete (looked the same as last year, just paint touched up) and fully working. Almost fell and busted my @ss.

But it seems like they tried alot harder this year. The Curse Pompeii actually had a storyline, there were LOTS more costumed characters scaring people all over the park Did you even GO last year? They have FEWER people out last weekend than last year, except they had a few more in the werewolf part, and those actors did an excellent, excellent job. That's where the screams were coming from. And I also noticed the improvements on Sea Dog, and thought it was fun.

Fiends in the Festhaus also had a lot more people in it as well. Same amount as last year.

Before you go putting down the park you have to realize that it wasn't finished and actually take a good look at how it was last year. Actually, I did take a good look, and even considering Isabel, I had more fun last year. See this is called an opinion. Which is why people post-to give their opinion.

(And let's keep the topic to BGW because let's face it, the admirals suck. Otherwise they would be able to get more support) Thank you for your opinion.

Wes
10-01-2004, 08:33 AM
BGWFreak,
What pay per attractions did you encounter at Howl-O-Scream?
I can't think of any.

As for the new attraction, I would be surprised if any announcement was made at all before this season ends.

Maybe I misunderstood last year. I was under the impression that you had to pay to get into the houses and stuff. oh well :sadface:

But still the in-park "entertainment" was very annoying.

rocketchk
10-03-2004, 01:31 AM
On their website, they're saying details coming soon, so all the posts saying an announcement will be coming before the end of season are probably right. Go here and see:
Busch Gardens Williamsburg Attractions (http://buschgardens.com/buschgardens/va/ar_rides.aspx)

Did anyone else notice they took down part of the wall they had already built in the front? It was like a stone covering (looked like what is on the pathways) and now its gone. Any ideas why?

Jessica

HPStormRunner22
10-03-2004, 07:03 AM
Good, I thought they were going to wait till the end of the season for the announcement. I think this may be an X-tended coaster. The description fit this project very well.

ErioL
10-03-2004, 08:53 AM
I still think they will wait till after the Howl-o-Scream...Lol I even emailed the Busch contacts to see when we could expect a press release, I don't really expect a reply though.

Jerry S
10-03-2004, 01:02 PM
Good, I thought they were going to wait till the end of the season for the announcement. I think this may be an X-tended coaster. The description fit this project very well.

This is what I've been saying. I think it is a coaster by Maurer Sohne, because The building is by them.

BGW Guy
10-03-2004, 07:16 PM
Everyone here needs to get over the idea of the new ride being a Maurer Sohne Xtended Coaster. There is not really any evidence (that i can see) that this is what the ride will be. The only information that we have is that it is a thrill ride and that it will "push the envelope of theme park technology." That could be a million different things, of which an xtended coaster is one, but still there are so many other possibilities that to make this entire thread be about how cool the xtended coaster IS going to be, and not just that it's a cool possibility is kind of jumping the gun.

It's okay to think that its a possibility, and you're very true in saying it, but to say that you really think that that's what it will be is really based on nothing at all. It's more of a hope than anything else (a hope that i share too along with some other possibilities)

And by the way Meowcoaster (and some others).... Its just a building. If i thought that a building that looked like that was built by maurer sohne everytime i saw one, then i would have no need for Busch Gardens because that would mean there were 50 indoor xtended coasters within like a 20 mile radius of my house. It's a standard wearhouse type building, and the themeing hasn't been applied yet. Most of the buildings in the Disney and Universal parks that house the actual rides are the same general type of building as this one. So is Scooby DOO at PKD and Tomb raider at PKI. I think you might be reading a little too much into the fact that there was a similar looking building in the video on the website. Unless you have some other info that you haven't shared here...??, but if you don't then i think that reason kind of needs to die. ;)

Keep the possibilities coming cause as of this point that's all we've got. Just remeber let's not just jump to crazy conclusions w/o good evidence.

rocketchk
10-04-2004, 02:33 AM
For all you locals, a special on HOS will air on channel 13, Tuesday October 5th, at 7pm. Does anyone know if they did a special last year and I just missed it?

Jessica

DaBGWFreak
10-04-2004, 12:54 PM
I'm not too sure about ABC but they did have a small special on channel 11. It was all about like landscaping and special lights that they used during HOS. Wasn't very entertaining because the womam interviewing the BG people really seemed like she didn't want to be there.

DaBGWFreak
10-09-2004, 03:52 PM
Where did everyone go?

rocketchk
10-10-2004, 12:56 AM
Haha, I was wondering the same thing...i guess theres no new info floating around? They didn't mention the new ride on that HOS special (because I suspect it was made last year...you can't fool me BG, lol). As of Friday, the building is completely closed off with walls-ugly, ugly walls.. Ladies and gentlemen, we have a building.

Jessica

chach45
10-10-2004, 12:22 PM
I cant believe they arent putting anything big in

Jerry S
10-10-2004, 01:27 PM
No one said that^

It'll be noticible that instead of a bright blue coastre, there is a building.

DaBGWFreak
10-11-2004, 10:27 AM
There's new construction photos at screamscape.com of the walls up. They're still not quite done with the walls because you can still see the styrophome stuff. I'm going to BGW this weekend and I'll try to find something new.

Alpengeistfan
10-11-2004, 10:51 AM
We were there over the weekend, it's a big warehouse type building and there is no more information other than the sign they had up in July about crossing over to the other side. And they took the Red Baron out, which made my three year old VERY unhappy. So she got extended play time at LOD instead.

likeminded
10-11-2004, 10:03 PM
I am going to BGW this weekend, too. I will try to see what I can find out. I have not seen any news on any of the other sites, yet.
The xtended coaster idea might be kind of neat, but, since it's obviously not a big new coaster, I am still hoping for an immersive virtual reality adventure like the Spiderman ride at IOA. I know many of you have said that they already have 4-D stuff like Corkscrew Hill, but I can tell you that the Spiderman thing is LIGHT YEARS ahead of that.

ErioL
10-12-2004, 10:09 AM
but, since it's obviously not a big new coaster Because we all know if its not big, its bad. Unless its the Big Bad Wolf (RIP).

thecrazie1
10-12-2004, 05:44 PM
The ride is supposed to be like spiderman but more high tech... The ride is supposed to have the best new technology. Busch isn't even thinkin about getting a coaster... They are getting a new coaster in 2010

HPStormRunner22
10-12-2004, 06:07 PM
I hope they get a new coaster before 2010. I've been waiting for one for a while. 5.5 more years, I just couldn't take it.

BimmerZ3
10-12-2004, 06:07 PM
The ride is supposed to be like spiderman but more high tech... The ride is supposed to have the best new technology. Busch isn't even thinkin about getting a coaster... They are getting a new coaster in 2010
Rite. Because you're like the CEO of Busch and all.

ErioL
10-13-2004, 09:43 AM
The ride is supposed to be like spiderman but more high tech... The ride is supposed to have the best new technology. Busch isn't even thinkin about getting a coaster... They are getting a new coaster in 2010 Man I wish I knew when parks were gonna build things like you! Such amazing power! We should call you "I KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN AT PARKS BEFORE THEY HAPPEN" man!

Montu Man
10-13-2004, 12:13 PM
Oh yes, you know all about the future. You are so smart. And it's amazing, you know about two rides.

likeminded
10-15-2004, 06:49 PM
I see you've been getting a lot of flak for making the above comment. The problem is the way you phrased your comment. You need to realize that the point here is that we are all about conjecture. We share information as we can obtain it and make suppositions based on what we do know, but unless someone has credentials to prove that they are really in the know, they should use the same language about what might possibly happen.

I hope your right, I hope it is like the Spiderman ride, only even more advanced (that one was supposed to be the most technologically advanced ever at the time it was built, but its at least a few years old now.) In my opinion, Spiderman was blow-away! Outside of a coaster, it was the coolest thing I've ever been on (and it was even better than some coasters.)

As for BG not getting a new coaster until 2010, I doubt that. If this thing opening next year is considered a "major attraction" then we can expect another big one in a maximum of two to three years. My bet is that one will be a coaster. BG can't survive if they don't keep an incentive for people to keep coming back. So I believe we will probably get a new coaster by 2008 at the latest. Just my 2 cents....

Skye
10-15-2004, 07:43 PM
2010 seems a long way off.

Montu Man
10-15-2004, 07:53 PM
Heres my guess: It's probably around 2007 that they shall get a B&M Dive Machine that improves along the upcoming BGT Dive Machine.

Jerry S
10-16-2004, 11:15 AM
Doubtful. I can see them getting a launched coaster sometime this decade. A small Kanonen style rocket.

McMonkey
10-16-2004, 11:20 AM
So I take it that no one knows when they will announce the 2005 attraction?

HPStormRunner22
10-16-2004, 11:22 AM
That would be awesome. It would fit good in the French or Irish section. They need something to liven them up.

Montu Man
10-16-2004, 02:18 PM
I think they will announce Mid-November.

rocketchk
10-16-2004, 04:37 PM
^I'm curious.....why do you think mid-November? If they don't announce it by the end of this season, I'm thinking a late Febuary announcement, when it will be completely finished and presentable to the public and the industry in all its glory. Not to mention the rush of guests for the brand new season that an announcement that close to opening day would bring in in the first months, when the park is a ghost town.

Jessica

thecrazie1
10-17-2004, 01:43 PM
No one knows when they will announce the new ride because they haven't even finished the building they are putting it in

bigbadwolf501
10-17-2004, 01:53 PM
i don't know when they'll announce but im almost positive they won't announce in October. it would take the good crowds away from HOS b/c they would want to postpone their visit until the new ride is open. and what rocketchk said, it would be good advertisement in feb because thats when they are really trying to sell season passports. as for them getting a new coaster, i would say 07 or 08. i say 07 because that is the 400th anniversary of Jamestown and they would probably want a new coaster to attract the tourists to the park. I also think it will be a floorless coaster. I don't think they'll get a dive machine b/c they already have a hypercoaster and the concepts are very similar. a rocket coaster is a possibility and would be a great addition. sorry to get off topic

HPStormRunner22
10-17-2004, 05:03 PM
^ I think 2007 would be a great year for the new coaster. With all of the people traveling to Jamestown and Williamsburg it could turn a humongus profit for the park. Hopefully Busch realizes this.

Alpengeistfan
10-18-2004, 04:12 PM
At least with this new attraction being indoors, there's little chance a 'Guest of Honor' on opening day will get hit in the face by a goose.

Wes
10-18-2004, 04:23 PM
LOL. Course it could be haunted by the ghost of Drachenfire. lol

I can't wait for the announcement. :)

HPStormRunner22
10-18-2004, 04:48 PM
At least with this new attraction being indoors, there's little chance a 'Guest of Honor' on opening day will get hit in the face by a goose.
No need for celebrities to fear riding this one. Unless a beam would fall and hit there head.:) That wouldn't be very good.

Lochness78
10-18-2004, 10:02 PM
We dont know when they will announce it. The park managers haven't even told us yet, which sucks. The ride will either be like Spider-man or Revenge of the Mummy. We think its going to be about Beowulf. We didnt build a coaster for a while to see how long we could last. It was a mistake, we shouldnt of done it. So the coaster might come in 2006 or 2007. I wish they would of accepted my idea on the worlds first dueling flying coaster. But that aint happening. Anyway, the new ride for 2005 should be okay, i guess. Any of yall see the Monster Stomp show in New France where American Jukebox is? If you haven't, that show is tight and once again, like the Fiends of Festhaus show, it aint for kids.

Montu Man
10-18-2004, 10:10 PM
ROTM took 10 years to produce, so I don't think the BGW ride will be like it. But agian I could be wrong. But if I was wrong, know this, Anheiser Busch CANNOT theme to the extent that Universal can. Yeah, they can theme (look at Montu) but not to Universal or Disneys extent. So if they were going to do a highly themed ride, it could either be very good or very bad.

rocketchk
10-19-2004, 02:19 AM
Yea, Lochness, Monster Stomp is awesome this year. I love the guy who plays guitar/tapdances in a straight jacket---ya'll HAVE to see this, it's amazing. I never even thought of Beowulf. Interesting.

Jessica

ErioL
10-19-2004, 09:44 AM
If its Beowulf you can scratch out the Mahre-Sohne coaster idea some had. And BTW, I don't think a rocket coaster would fit in BGW very well. It would seem outta place.

FLCC Josh
10-19-2004, 01:36 PM
i don't know when they'll announce but im almost positive they won't announce in October. it would take the good crowds away from HOS b/c they would want to postpone their visit until the new ride is open. and what rocketchk said, it would be good advertisement in feb because thats when they are really trying to sell season passports. as for them getting a new coaster, i would say 07 or 08. i say 07 because that is the 400th anniversary of Jamestown and they would probably want a new coaster to attract the tourists to the park. I also think it will be a floorless coaster. I don't think they'll get a dive machine b/c they already have a hypercoaster and the concepts are very similar. a rocket coaster is a possibility and would be a great addition. sorry to get off topic

Besides...BGT is getting a Dive Machine :D

BimmerZ3
10-19-2004, 06:11 PM
Idea for '07 ish even though it's not going to happen. It's be awesome if they made a terrain flyer that went over the water. It'd be nice for someone to really put the Flying coaster thing to use for once.

Montu Man
10-19-2004, 06:16 PM
That would suck if it valleyed..

likeminded
10-19-2004, 09:33 PM
Well, as I said, I was there this weekend. Unfortunately, nothing new to report. A big, currently ugly building and the sign. Nothing else to give away anything. I didn't even get to stop and hear what the skeletons say, as the group I was with was hurrying all over the place.

Just waiting on an announcement now.....

Alpengeistfan
10-20-2004, 02:54 PM
The skeletons were hawking season passes. They did mention the new ride, but just that it'd be opening in Spring 2005.

Red Dog 40
10-23-2004, 04:51 PM
i was hallow-screamin last night, new sign is posted, had two big eyes, and talkin about goin to the darkside again, this thing is gonna be a scary ride, and hopefully will have a lot of thrills

NC Coasterman
10-25-2004, 02:05 AM
The new sign RED DOG 40 is refering to reads.

A CHILLING RIDE TO THE OTHER SIDE.

However, The Speil the skeletons do still refer to the older sign, THE OTHER SIDE IS CLOSER THAN YOU THINK.

It was funny to watch guests listen to the skeletons and try and figure out what sign they where talking about.

------Only one more weekend of HOWL-O-SCREAM,
Could an announcement be on it's way?

rocketchk
10-26-2004, 02:00 AM
Can anyone try to explain why they changed from an awesome looking sign to a crappy sign that looks like something my 3 year old cousin made?

Jessica--Bummed its the last weekend of the season:(

Jerry S
10-26-2004, 07:45 AM
I have the feeling we'll se a release on wednsday, same time as BGT, and they'll present a big season pass thing to attract people.

Wes
10-26-2004, 08:17 AM
I can't believe they've waited this long. Carowinds was like the last major holdout in the southeast and they've released at least a teaser announcement.

Can't wait to find out what this is going to be. Hope it isn't a lame ride.

StevenV
10-26-2004, 09:13 PM
Jumping from the threads on "Sheekra" and the trademarks registered by "Busch Entertainment" in the "BGT" ride, I came upon this:

"X-ecutioners" filed in April 2002

Anyone know what this is for??? Is it for BGW's 2005 attraction or "dead" like "Drachen Fire"

FLCC Josh
10-27-2004, 04:32 PM
**The announcement date for BGW's attraction will be December 15th** I was told this at the Press release this morning by the GM.

Jerry S
10-27-2004, 04:42 PM
That's too long to wait!!

You should NOT have told me that. Now I will be thinking about it until then.

FLCC Josh
10-27-2004, 04:50 PM
I gotta do what I gotta do!

HPStormRunner22
10-27-2004, 05:51 PM
NO!! Busch why do you have to do this to us. Think of all the early season passes that you can sell with an announcement now.

StevenV
10-27-2004, 06:22 PM
The GM for BGW should be FIRED! This looong wait is really pi$$ing us off.:devil:

medieval
10-27-2004, 06:32 PM
^lol. Great 2 months. Thats a while. Now time will go slow just to piss us off. I would like to know what it would be.

Wes
10-28-2004, 08:35 AM
Thank you for those intelligent posts. :rolleyes:

Like BGW is going to fire their GM just because they are waiting to make the announcement :rolleyes:

You must not know anything about business. You can't announce things until they are finalized, and sometimes that takes longer than expected.

You can't just expect everything to happen when you want them to. I personally can't wait for the annoncement, but now I'm not going to be looking every day on BGW's website (if this is in fact true).

It's not like you're going to be able to ride the thing any time sooner. That will just give us something to talk about in December, when most stuff is dead on the boards. lol

Rant over. :)

robvia
10-28-2004, 03:38 PM
Yeah, great rants. No need to get mad here, it doesn't work.
Get drunk on Coors Light and send BGW an e-mail saying you want Drachen Flyers Revenge, I did, 3 or 4 times. And Lochness78 is right, waiting this long was a mistake. I can wait 3 years for a full length B&M, but beyond that, I get frustrated.
I dunno, since they have the exclusive on the dive machine, they may build another at BGW. I don't think they would clone it exactly, but more along the lines of what they did with Journey To Atlantis, a variation.

tgrocks
10-28-2004, 08:31 PM
I wonder if this attraction will actually be frightning? Is it more family based or thrill seeker based? I quess it would have to be family. Its what most parks seem to be going for these days...

Montu Man
10-28-2004, 09:20 PM
Oh yeah, like Kingda Ka.

Wes
10-29-2004, 08:22 AM
And don't forget the old girl SheiKra (sp?) at Tampa next year. 200ft drop is not exactly family friendly :)

HPStormRunner22
10-29-2004, 04:11 PM
I'm looking for a thrill ride that will have a scary theme to it. Possibly a Spiderman type ride and possibly a sitdown haunted house sortof thing except with some added thrills.

ErioL
11-01-2004, 08:30 AM
^Someone said before that it was Beowulf...Thats cool, but not incredibly scary IMO

Jerry S
11-01-2004, 08:41 AM
LOOK AT THE WEBSITE

www.buschgardens.com

They've got a teaser. Something "chilling. Hmmmm Alpengeist: The Extension.

No, but something cold.

Wes
11-01-2004, 12:03 PM
"A chilling ride to the other side..." And the eyes look like a wolf. So maybe Son of Wolf???!!!??? lol

Jerry S
11-01-2004, 01:25 PM
Actually, I think that's possible.

ErioL
11-01-2004, 02:19 PM
^I've been trying to figure out this riddle, but with no luck yet. What we have so far is as follows:

#1. In Germany
#2. Wolves involved
#3. Strange eyes, probably wolf
#4. "A Chilling Ride the Dark Side." The original sign had said to the other side.
#5. Son of Wolf?? I dunno, but I think it could involve either arctic wolves or Beowulf, though Beowulf was Scandanavian.

Jerry S
11-01-2004, 02:28 PM
I hope this is a good ride though. I don't care what it's called.

HPStormRunner22
11-01-2004, 03:14 PM
^ I agree, I really don't care what it is called. I just want to know what the ride will be and hope it is good.

rocketchk
11-02-2004, 01:29 AM
I took some more pics on Sunday..nothing too special, but I thought I'd share.PictureTrail (http://www.picturetrail.com/rocketchk)

Jessica

Jerry S
11-02-2004, 07:28 AM
I do think that it will turn out to be something on a track.

Wes
11-02-2004, 08:18 AM
I took some more pics on Sunday..nothing too special, but I thought I'd share.PictureTrail (http://www.picturetrail.com/rocketchk)

Jessica

Thx for the pics!

I know what it's going to be!

Insulation: The Ride!

StevenV
11-02-2004, 10:43 AM
Yep, nothing but steel frame and sheathing insulation. "Shell Building: The Ride"

StevenV.

rocketchk
11-02-2004, 12:12 PM
I'm interested to see what ya'll think of the openings in the (i guess) front of the building. To the left is one that looks like a door, although not big enough for a que line I think. Possibly an exit tho. Then to the far right, looks like an opening for a que line. But what's crazy is the giant opening in the middle. This leads me to think that part of it might end up outside? But then how would they keep it dark inside. Who knows! This is a crazy puzzle. Can't they just build something easy we can figure out. And the new "chilling" teaser is weird. I think someone's obsessed with snow at BGW. Sitting in the audience at Monster Stomp, some guy speculated that its going to be a "cheap Spiderman." Somehow, I don't think that this is going to be cheap for BGW.

BTW, bgwfreak, you are very welcome for the pics. I enjoy taking them and only wished I had had the time to take more that day. The park is soooo beautiful this time of year, and the wet summer we had is a definite factor in the colors among the trees. I reccommed any one planning on visiting BGW next year to come during the fall. You really get to see just how beautiful Virginia is. Take the time to go on the Rhine River Cruise! It really is breathtaking. One of the pics I took, shows I think every color imaginable for leaves, including a purple tree, which was extremely beautiful in person.

Jessica

Wes
11-02-2004, 12:27 PM
^^ Yeah our last trip up there was last fall.

I got my first night ride on Apollo, man those valleys are dark!!! :eek:

I love that part of the country and BGW always looks gorgeous.

FLCC Josh
11-02-2004, 12:45 PM
This is not going to be a "cheap" attraction in any fashion. I am the construction photographer over at BGT Guide. For our new Dive Machine....Just the Station and concrete foundation it sits on was $1.1 Million Dollars, The Maintenance building alone is $352,656. Busch is not afraid to spend $$. And what you folks are getting up there is no exception.....Busch is definatly on the right Track ;)

Oh and according to documents on file with the city: "In addition, noise will be kept to a minimum since the attraction is completely contained within the building"
So the big opening in the pictures will not allow the ride to leave the building.

DaBGWFreak
11-02-2004, 01:12 PM
According to Xtremecoaster.com its almost for sure that the ride will be some sort of indoor rollercoaster. He heard this from some "inside" sources. I dont know how inside these sources are though because it seems that everyone has some sort of sources. :)

Wes
11-02-2004, 03:38 PM
It was the dippin dots guy!!!

He's always right!!! But seriously, there's no use in quoting these people, most of the time it's nothing at all like the rumors say.

BGW never leaks stuff from the past couple of years it seems. Course TN wasn't around when AC was being built, so there were no rumor threads to read them:( lol

We'll just have to wait on the official announcement.

Jerry S
11-02-2004, 04:00 PM
It will be a roler coaster. It has to be, think about why it would be any other ride, and then a coaster.

Wes
11-02-2004, 08:08 PM
It could be a lot of things! It could be an indoor bird show for all we know!!! lol :D

What makes it say "coaster"? There's nothing in writing that we've found, no track has appeared, nobody has found government docs like they did in BGT.

Not trying to be picky, but this could be anything.

DaBGWFreak
11-03-2004, 12:00 PM
I agree with you BGWFreak.... nothing screams out to me that says COASTER. I was just passing some news along :) I don't actually know what I would rather have, a coaster or a Spiderman type ride. I do love the dark rides :)

FLCC Josh
11-03-2004, 12:20 PM
What makes it say "coaster"? There's nothing in writing that we've found, no track has appeared, nobody has found government docs like they did in BGT.

I am working on that now as we speak....gimme a little time. I first got the info here in Tampa and I am sure I can get it for you folks too...I just need a little more time.

Jerry S
11-03-2004, 02:03 PM
Maybe something to do with werewolves? How about the movie "Underworld"? Other side applies to that movie.

ErioL
11-03-2004, 02:23 PM
^Thats been discussed...and discarded. Underworld doesn't exactly have BGW written all over it.

Franchise
11-03-2004, 02:25 PM
It think it is BS. Tampa gets a one of a kind coaster, and bgw will probably get a small crappy ride.

FLCC Josh
11-03-2004, 02:40 PM
Not so fast there Franchise....what you are getting may not be a coaster, but you should be very pleased regardless...I think you will like what they have in store for you.

Montu Man
11-03-2004, 07:21 PM
^ If you know so much, give some clues!!!

FLCC Josh
11-03-2004, 07:48 PM
Like I said, I'm working on it...gimme some time.

StevenV
11-04-2004, 12:32 PM
FLCC Josh, I hope that you are right. BGW has slipped up way too ****ing much since 2001.

Dismantling Drachen Fire 2001
Removal of Wild Mouse

There had better be a coaster coming to Virginia sometime in the next three years. I definately can not count on PKD to put a coaster in for 2006 - after installing TR:TR for 2005. So, BGW seems like it won't do anything either. I am already telling my friends at work that they can count BGW OUT for anything exciting next year.

"Boring Gardens Williamsburg", I'm tired.

Jerry S
11-04-2004, 12:48 PM
Yea, I don't understand. For every 4 new extreme rides PKD gets, BGW gets one.

GAcoasterguy
11-04-2004, 01:42 PM
You'll also notice that for every parking lot shooting that PKD has, BGW has none. Busch is a family park, not a coaster or thrill park.

Even without adding more thrill rides their attendance is steady or even rising. Obviously they're not after the enthusiass market adding a new coaster every year or two, but instead build a quality ride every few years.

rocketchk
11-04-2004, 03:21 PM
You'll also notice that for every parking lot shooting that PKD has, BGW has none. Busch is a family park, not a coaster or thrill park. No, but there is a really good chance that you will be struck by lightning in BGW's parking lot. There have been two in the past two years. :eek:

Jessica

Bruns
11-04-2004, 06:59 PM
You'll also notice that for every parking lot shooting that PKD has, BGW has none. Busch is a family park, not a coaster or thrill park.

Even without adding more thrill rides their attendance is steady or even rising. Obviously they're not after the enthusiass market adding a new coaster every year or two, but instead build a quality ride every few years.
I'm not so sure new thrillrides and parking lot shootings are related.

satanhanx
11-04-2004, 07:05 PM
just gonna tease you all for now. the company that i work for just picked up a job at bgw during the offseason. i personally don't know any details about it yet, except that it's in the oktoberfest area. i know that we're supposed to be starting within the next few weeks, and the job is supposed to last us through the winter. i'll update again when i know more.

for those of you that pay more attention to bgw than i do, what section of the park is this new ride located in? i've been looking around in this thread, and it sounds like it's a german theme. now i'm kinda excited. the pictures look like the building is too far along for me to be involved in the ride itself, but maybe we've got something related to the ride. (outside lighting or something)

Montu Man
11-04-2004, 07:20 PM
^Interesting. What company do you work for?

satanhanx
11-04-2004, 08:26 PM
a small electrical contractor based in richmond va.

BGW Guy
11-04-2004, 08:31 PM
Yall need to calm down... Busch does what they gotta do. Let them be... you want rides go to your Six Flags, in my opinion, lower quality parks than Busch. They wait a few years for their own reasons. Get over it, there's nothing we can do about it. Lets just be happy we are getting something big.

StevenV
11-05-2004, 06:34 AM
Satanhanx -> The shell building is located in the Oktoberfest section - right between the Oktoberfest games area and Alpengeist. I don't know when the last time you were there, but there was a coaster there many years ago called "Glissade" (spell?) which was the first coaster I ever rode back in 1978. That same location was vacant for quite some time since that coaster was removed some time after BBW opened. There was some dinosaur attraction there too, sponsored by a local museum. Then in 1996 the last attraction was "Wild Izzy" which was renamed "Wilde Mouse"(?).

Wes
11-05-2004, 08:03 AM

You should also notice that PKD is a lot closer to D.C. and as a result has a lot more "ghetto" clientel. lol ;)

Doesn't have anything to do with the park, it's all about the location IMO. I've never had any problems at PKD though and I've been there about 10 times over the past decade.

...what section of the park is this new ride located in?

It's located right near where Wild Maus was, to the right of Octoberfest Fest Haus (Germany).

What!?! How can you call BGW Boring? The park is still tied as my favorite park with Cedar Point. Sure they don't have tons of coasters, but Alpengeist and Apollo blow most coasters out of the water!!!

I would hardly call BGW boring. (sounds like another case of SCE) (spoiled coaster enthusiast!) lol ;pumpkin;

ErioL
11-05-2004, 10:38 AM
*twiddles thumbs...waits for FLCC Josh or satanhanx to give an update.*

rocketchk
11-05-2004, 02:55 PM
There was some dinosaur attraction there too, sponsored by a local museum. Oh my god! I remember this! The VA Living Museum had this dark walkthru with anamatronic dinosaurs. I was very young, but I remember running out screaming because at the very end, you turn a corner and there was this giant T-Rex that bent down and roared in your face. Very scary. Shame on you BGW! Hopefully this ride will have the same effect on me now. lol

Jessica

HPStormRunner22
11-05-2004, 03:48 PM
Oh my god! I remember this! The VA Living Museum had this dark walkthru with anamatronic dinosaurs. I was very young, but I remember running out screaming because at the very end, you turn a corner and there was this giant T-Rex that bent down and roared in your face. Very scary. Shame on you BGW! Hopefully this ride will have the same effect on me now. lol

Jessica
That sounds cool. It would be neat to have a ride through haunted house like at Disney Parks and Knoebels, that would be involved with animatronic wearwolves and such.

satanhanx
11-05-2004, 04:00 PM
ok guys, not much info, but i asked around at the shop this morning, and here's what i got. the job we have is indeed in the oktoberfest section, and is supposed to be some kind of gift shop or something along those lines. we're supposed to be starting in about 2 weeks, and it should last us about 3 months. one interesting note, the lighting package alone, (the price for the light fixtures only, no labor or other installation materials included) is over 30,000 dollars. seems awful high to me, for a gift shop. oh well, when i find out any more, i'll be sure to post, and i'll be sure to take my phone to work with me when the job starts. (hehehe cameraphone)

HPStormRunner22
11-05-2004, 04:23 PM
^ That would stink if it was an oversized gift shop selling horror products.LOL. It sounds like this is a pretty big project with a gift shop being put in along with the ride itself.

Dukeis#1
11-05-2004, 06:50 PM

Stop complaining. There's always someone who can't appreciate an all-around good park.

ErioL
11-05-2004, 06:51 PM
Oh my god! I remember this! The VA Living Museum had this dark walkthru with anamatronic dinosaurs. I was very young, but I remember running out screaming because at the very end, you turn a corner and there was this giant T-Rex that bent down and roared in your face. Very scary. Shame on you BGW! Hopefully this ride will have the same effect on me now. lol

Jessica Haha, you remember that too? That was so awesome. Of course, I was the boyish character, so I liked the dinosaurs, but the T-Rex totally freaked my little brother out. That walkthrough deal was awesome. If I remember correctly, the first thing you saw when you came in was a Tricerotops? Or the one with the spiked tail...man I don't remember Dino names anymore.

magnumxl2005
11-05-2004, 08:48 PM
Bgw needs a new coaster i really hope its an indoor coaster. I still have yet to see this building.

bigbadwolf501
11-06-2004, 07:08 PM
this is just a suggestion but could the largest hole in the building possibly be for coaster track? i mean, they would have to have a fairly good size hole in the building to get any type of ride system inside. maybe that is what it is for

Wes
11-07-2004, 05:43 AM
I think we discussed that before :confused:

It could be a lot of things though. It might be there to get the ride installed, then they'll close it up later.

Seems to me though if they were building a coaster indoors, they'd build the coaster FIRST then build the building around it. How would you get cranes and such inside a building???? :confused:

If it is a coaster, I suspect something "like" a spinning wildmouse indoors. Although not a mouse really, something that size though.

"A chilling ride to the other side" or whatever it says sounds to me like something that launches you.

Also... The teaser on the main BGW site looks like the eyes could also be Dragon's Eyes. Just a thought. I know the sign has wolves, and most likely it will be wolf related, but the eyes look Dragon-like as well.

leeloo1953
11-07-2004, 10:32 AM
Well, I'll be the first to admit, I really know nothing about these kinds of things, new coasters, etc. But I've been reading this thread and I've seen the "eyes" on their website.

To me, those are "wolf eyes". And earlier in this thread somebody said something about The Black Forest. That is in Germany, and there are quite a few werewolf legends that came from The Black Forest. Then some of you talk about the sign, with the wolves howling at a "Full Moon", and "The Dark Side". Then you look at the website and when the background goes white, the eyes become bigger and "nicer" looking. When the background is dark, the "eyes" become evil looking.

To me, I think Werewolf! I know BGW is a "family" park, but, is "Alpengiest" considered a "family" ride or a "thrill" ride? I don't think it is considered a family ride. So this new ride could have the theme of werewolves. Who knows?

I do think it is cute how all of you younger ones get so excited about a new ride and can't wait for the details. You all remind me of kids waiting for Santa on Christmas morning (well those who ever believed in Santa when they were young). lol

Jerry S
11-07-2004, 10:42 AM
I'm Jewish^^ lol

Well, they have height restrictions accordingly. Look at me, I'm 15, and I go to VA Beach twice a year. One of those times I can usualyl choose PKD of BGW. When i choose BGW, I don't want family rides, I want thrilling, and they 4 coasters, and EFP. That is not much, considering I gotta pay nearly 50 bucks to get in.

leeloo1953
11-07-2004, 10:57 AM
^That's why I made sure to point out "those who ever believed in Santa, I know we all don't. lol

But that's why I'm saying don't throw the "werewolf" thing out just because BGW is considered a family park. They do have at least one "thrill" ride.

meow, I have no idea what EFP means. GEEZ!!! Can't you kids type things out???

Jerry S
11-07-2004, 10:58 AM
No I cant.

Escape from Pompeii

HPStormRunner22
11-07-2004, 12:48 PM
I like Busch Gardens but it can get repetative with the lack of thrill rides. I thnk it would be cool if this was a coaster where you went around a slow course with animatronic scenes and then all of a sudden you launch into a series of twists and helixes. I hope its a thrill ride.

rocketchk
11-07-2004, 04:30 PM
Hold up leeloo.....Santa's not real? Next you're gonna tell me that the Easter bunny and tooth fairy don't party together and Frosty:*) wasn't a jolly happy soul as they made him out to be?! Ugh! My shattered dreams are scattered at my feet as I type. Today is an awful day. :sadface:

Concerning the building, I was wondering how the heck they are gonna get a ride in there as well. The entire backside of the building is closed up, with no openings. So the only way in and out I can see, is these holes in the front. I know at the beginning of construction, there were bulldozers inside digging a huge hole, as well as lifts putting up the warehouse style lighting in the celing. Does anyone know the exact size of the Flight of Fear building at PKD? Looking at BGW's building I don't think that there is room to launch anything inside. That whole area in BGW is so tiny, they were really stretching it when they decided to put it there. But what do I know, I don't own the park.

Jessica

Wes
11-07-2004, 10:38 PM
^^

Based on the pictures I've seen of the new building it looks to be about half the size of Flight of Fear's.

Flight of Fear has this really long tunnel section, then I would guess that the main "room" is at least 3 stories high, maybe 4.

The BGW building doesn't look nearly that big.

meow, I have no idea what EFP means. GEEZ!!!

EFP - Extremly Freaky Pirates

leeloo1953
11-08-2004, 09:04 AM
Hold up leeloo.....Santa's not real? Next you're gonna tell me that the Easter bunny and tooth fairy don't party together and Frosty:*) wasn't a jolly happy soul as they made him out to be?! Ugh! My shattered dreams are scattered at my feet as I type. Today is an awful day. :sadface:

No, no, no! I'm not saying they are not real, just that "some" people don't believe in them. I do, hell I got ton's of money from the Tooth Fairy just this past January, unfortunately, I had to give all to the damn oral surgeon! :leeloo2:

bgw, I would have never guessed that!! Where the heck is Extremely Freaky Priates at BGW??

Jerry S
11-08-2004, 09:52 AM
Based on the pictures I've seen of the new building it looks to be about half the size of Flight of Fear's.

Flight of Fear has this really long tunnel section, then I would guess that the main "room" is at least 3 stories high, maybe 4.

The BGW building doesn't look nearly that big.

FOF is 74 ft tall at the highest point. The building is probably 85-90 feet tall. The BGW bulding, being about half that height, is probably 40 feet tall. It seems like the Premier multiple launch/dark ride launches are popular, seeing that ROTMs at USF and USH were both successful and now the IJSTs are being built at PKI and PCW. If this is a coaster, the company that builds it will be Premier, Intamin, or Vekoma. All of them make launchers, and I think this is a launcher, if it's a coaster.

FLCC Josh
11-08-2004, 10:23 AM
From "Official Documents" regarding the new attraction:

"It is expected that the majority of the themed structure would be approximately 50 feet above grade with two or three areas approaching 75 feet above grade."

This means that there will be points in the ride where you will rise to that height.

ErioL
11-08-2004, 11:37 AM
^interesting...still doesn't give a lot of hints yet. but still interesting.

magnumxl2005
11-08-2004, 12:31 PM
Im starting to think its not a coaster anymore!

robvia
11-08-2004, 02:10 PM
I'm starting to think it's a walkthru attraction, kinda like Posiden's Fury at IOA.
Walk to a room, watch a story.
Walk to another room, watch a story.
Walk to the final room, go on a simulator, or see a grand finale.

rocketchk
11-08-2004, 02:29 PM
bgw, I would have never guessed that!! Where the heck is Extremely Freaky Priates at BGW??Actually, they were called the Hip Hop Pirates. Same thing. They "performed" in front of the Haunted Lighthouse during HOS.

From "Official Documents" regarding the new attraction:

"It is expected that the majority of the themed structure would be approximately 50 feet above grade with two or three areas approaching 75 feet above grade."

This means that there will be points in the ride where you will rise to that height.
I think this has been said before and BGW had to get approval from James City Co. to let the themeing on the outside get that high.

Jessica

capsfan18
11-08-2004, 05:02 PM
You all failed to notice that meowcoaster1 provided a response to leeloo1953's question. EFP stands for Escape from Pompeii, not Extremly Freaky Pirates. At the bottom of meowcoaster1's 11-07-2004 10:58 AM post, he/she writes "Escape from Pompeii" in white, kind of like this Escape from Pompeii.

Wes
11-08-2004, 06:04 PM
Dude, we don't need another mod on here. We've got enough of them ;) lol

bigbadwolf501
11-08-2004, 06:08 PM
i don't think it will be a walkthru attraction just because stuff like that usually doesent "push the envelope of theme park technology." i think its definately going to be a thrill ride. FLCC Josh- have u found out any new info about this attraction?

ErioL
11-08-2004, 06:10 PM
You all failed to notice that meowcoaster1 provided a response to leeloo1953's question. EFP stands for Escape from Pompeii, not Extremly Freaky Pirates. At the bottom of meowcoaster1's 11-07-2004 10:58 AM post, he/she writes "Escape from Pompeii" in white, kind of like this Escape from Pompeii. Where did you come from? Interesting observation regardless.

Wes
11-08-2004, 06:26 PM
I don't think it will be a walk-thru either.

A walk-thru doesn't scream "thrill ride" to me. lol

HPStormRunner22
11-08-2004, 07:25 PM
Yeah promoting a walk through as pushing the envelopes of technology sounds like a bad move. I still think there is a chance for it to be a launched coaster. Though hopefully it will be very new and exciting.

FLCC Josh
11-09-2004, 08:51 AM
I know that James Co. had to get the variance to build the attraction higher than originally planned. I just find it interesting that only "two or three areas" will be that high and not the whole building.

Jerry S
11-09-2004, 09:21 AM
Well, then, you figured out EFP, now. I really hope BGW gets a good, thrilling ride. BBW and LNM are really good, and Alpie and AC are great, but that's it. They don't have anything else.

ErioL
11-09-2004, 09:23 AM
^They do have some killer shows. And the atmosphere is something that you can't really describe here, you just have to be there. So physically yes, they have 4 rollercoasters, but the park still has much more.

Jerry S
11-09-2004, 09:27 AM
Well, I know, it was my first Theme Park ever, BBW was my first coaster, so that whole park set a pretty high standard for the crappy SF parks to come.

Wes
11-09-2004, 09:36 AM
That would be a major let-down thinking all parks are as good as BGW, then visiting your first Six Flags. lol

And as far as NCCoaster Man, I know that's just your opinion, but nothing in the teasers has hinted at a castle. Only wolves.

magnumxl2005
11-09-2004, 10:40 AM
I dont think it will be a walk through, maybe an intresting line like disastor transports, but the actuall ride will probably not be a walk through.

FLCC Josh
11-10-2004, 10:33 AM
It is not a walk through. You must be "Kuka" to even think that!

DaBGWFreak
11-10-2004, 01:28 PM
so yeah im a loser and did a google search on the word "Kuka" and its a company that makes robotic arms... so was that a hint?

FLCC Josh
11-10-2004, 01:34 PM
Yes it was a hint....a big hint. You're on the right "Track"

Jerry S
11-10-2004, 02:11 PM
I knew it was a teaser, but can you please just spill the beans to us?

Ok, now who said it!!! I told you all that it would be a robotic arm ride, and aparently, it's going to be on a track. Maybe it will be like a coaster, because it can manuver, and move around an area.

FLCC Josh
11-10-2004, 02:37 PM
Head to this site to get some idea of what the Robocoaster is capable of doing!

http://archiv.kuka-roboter.de/robocoaster/english/index2.html

HPStormRunner22
11-10-2004, 04:56 PM
^ So thats the new attraction? Its a robo coaster? Sounds awesome can't wait to try it out.

likeminded
11-10-2004, 05:28 PM
Interesting....check out the "ad jingle" line at the top of the page on the robocoaster website...."Take a ride on the wild side." Seems pretty close to the "other side/dark side" catchphrases that BGW has been using.

I think that cat is pretty much out of the bag with this now...I am not sure how I feel about it. It looks like it might be pretty cool, but I am not convinced yet. I know a new REAL coaster would be neat....and I would love an extremely high-tech 3D adventure ala "Spiderman" at IOA (I know how cool this was because I've been on it.) But the robocoaster...something doesn't "grab" me about it. I hope I am wrong. I want something very cool and very fun that I won't be disappointed with.

rocketchk
11-10-2004, 05:32 PM
1) Josh, can you please state sources? I just can't believe information that pops up that easily, and apparently from nowhere.

2) Those things look scary if that's what it is. If there was a malfunction, the arm could slam you face first into the ground. Or snap off and drop you 50 feet. Or spin you nonstop because a wire shorted. I don't know about those...

Jessica

Johnny Upsidedown
11-10-2004, 05:42 PM
Robo coaster is a blast. But think about this. One of the things they had at IAAPA was some models of what they can do with a robo arm. They can be mounted onto moving platforms or onto a rail system. The arms would be able to flip you around from different rooms or to different levels. Kuka also had a model of a large tower like a drop tower but with moving robot arms on it. The possiblities are endless. This year at IAAPA I will have to take a look at Kuka's setup. I was able to ride the ride last year at IAAPA it was alot of fun. The ride comes with 3 different ride settings. The most intense level was pretty wild as it flings you around at a good pace. I have a few photos of Robo in action if you want to take a look.
http://www.johnnyupsidedown.com/onrideROBO.html

BGW Guy
11-10-2004, 10:25 PM
Yea... Sounds credible, but until this is proved... its only a myth... You didnt even state the source.

FLCC Josh
11-11-2004, 10:47 AM
My source is the same person who got me the SheiKra blueprints, I trust them.

TomG
11-11-2004, 02:54 PM
Robocoaster freefall style...that was my original guess back in July.

http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/showthread.php?t=28879&page=9&pp=15

HPStormRunner22
11-11-2004, 03:52 PM
^ I dont think it will be a freefall tower. I think it will be a robocoaster on track. Sort of like a double coaster. Moving around like a traditional coaster but with the added excitement of the robo coaster.

600th Post;party;

FLCC Josh
11-11-2004, 04:39 PM
This was just released to me from Kuka. This is scheduled to be unveiled at IAAPA next week but I got a sneak preview!! Enjoy! :D

Johnny Upsidedown
11-11-2004, 04:53 PM
Great stuff Josh.
I will have to get some photos of that at the show next week. Cant wait..

TomG
11-11-2004, 05:05 PM
Interesting...the imagination is endless for this type of ride. Combine it with a film and you will have one helluva experience. I hope your not bluffing us FLCC Josh. However, it never hurts to tease our imaginations.