PDA

View Full Version : BGW in '05?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

FLCC Josh
11-11-2004, 05:18 PM
I will try to find out more next week, I have arranged a meeting with a rep from Kuka Robotics at IAAPA. I will see what I can get out of them.

Montu Man
11-11-2004, 06:22 PM
Is this is true, I am getting very angry. This stole the idea from Universal, A highly themed robo coaster. If Universal hadn't scrapped their plans, this wouldn't be news at all.
Don't think I don't like RoboCoaster, it is fun. I rode it at IAAPA. Maybe we can meet up Josh? PM me if you wanna.

This rumor better not be true, becauuse then I will think lowly of SheiKra.

Knatte
11-11-2004, 06:40 PM
Uhm, wtf does SheiKra have anything to do with this?
Always cool with new ideas. And new restraints! The old Schwarzkopf one's killed my thighs and crotch with all those upside down movements. Almost looks like Vekoma restraints this time...

HPStormRunner22
11-11-2004, 08:35 PM
Is this is true, I am getting very angry. This stole the idea from Universal, A highly themed robo coaster. If Universal hadn't scrapped their plans, this wouldn't be news at all.
Don't think I don't like RoboCoaster, it is fun. I rode it at IAAPA. Maybe we can meet up Josh? PM me if you wanna.

This rumor better not be true, becauuse then I will think lowly of SheiKra.
Yes it seems that absolutly every idea is stolen from Universal these days :rolleyes: . I hoe it is the robo coaster on track. Think of all the possibiities. Thanks for the pic Josh.

kermat13
11-11-2004, 08:48 PM
what's the point in combining them? Seems like a horrible diaster in the making for maintenance. Plus this seems pretty low capacity and the likelyhhod of a vehicle malfunction is only going to make the line that much slower.

Another thought--the mechanics of the arm swinging about at the same time as the coaster traversing the track--seems like a ton of stress on the track and ride vehicle--not to mention messing with the center of gravity on the cars traversing the track. What a nightmare to make sure the coaster would make a full circuit.

ErioL
11-12-2004, 09:58 AM
^Believe me...Any concern you have has already been deliberated over for hours and hours, these guys are professionals. They know their stuff. I must say though, I am a bit dissapointed with the selection of ride.

TomG
11-12-2004, 01:43 PM
How can you all be disappointed with the selection of ride since it hasn't been confirmed and the details of it are still to be announced. BGW is not going to BS with this ride. They want this to be a state of the art / cutting edge experience. Be patient and just wait to see what they have to offer.

bigbadwolf501
11-12-2004, 04:44 PM
i also dont see how u could be dissapointed about this. after seeing what this ride is capable of the possibilities for what they are able to do with it is amazing. if they are able to mount this on a track, put in a huge dark building and throw in scenery, special effects, and extensive theming i think this could easily be one of the best thrill rides out there.

Montu Man
11-12-2004, 09:52 PM
I wonder what level of intensity they will use. At IAAPA, there were thrree diferent levels of intensity.

CoasterDJ
11-13-2004, 02:05 AM
If it is a RoboCoaster, which I will admit, the possibilities definitely look like a better than average possibility, and while I would not be disappointed, I was hoping for something neat along the lines of a mixed indoor/outdoor coaster. For now, I am content as I have been just waiting and watching for official news and announcements....but just for the sake of fun, what happens if we are all wrong?

HPStormRunner22
11-13-2004, 06:46 AM
^ If we are wrong, so be it. We are not always going to be right. The possibilities for a RoboCoaster are enormous. Think about all the added thrill with the car moving in its own pattern along with the track.

Jerry S
11-13-2004, 01:04 PM
This was just released to me from Kuka. This is scheduled to be unveiled at IAAPA next week but I got a sneak preview!! Enjoy! :D

OMFG wow.

likeminded
11-13-2004, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the picture, Josh. That definitely stirs my imagination a little more....if this is done in combination with themeing, special effects, film, 3D or whatever, perhaps it will be something pretty cool.
I am less uncertain now, but I will wait until I hear an official announcement that really describes the attraction until I make a final judgement.

On second thought, I'll wait until I actually RIDE it to make a FINAL judgement.

TomG
11-13-2004, 04:44 PM
The anticipation is killing me but I really like guessing the possibilities of whats to come.

Jerry S
11-14-2004, 07:33 AM
Well, we're almost sure that this is the ride they'r getting. But the theme, hmm. Probably Werewolf.

Montu Man
11-16-2004, 04:20 PM
This was just released to me from Kuka. This is scheduled to be unveiled at IAAPA next week but I got a sneak preview!! Enjoy! :D
They just send you pics?

rocketchk
11-16-2004, 11:37 PM
Exactly. Isn't that amazing?

Jessica

Wes
11-17-2004, 08:10 AM
So the official announcement is coming December 15? Is that what someone said?

FLCC Josh
11-17-2004, 08:43 AM
I wish Montu Man....but no they don't just decide..."hmmm, Josh will like to see this" and send it! LOL, it would be cool if they did. Because I am going to IAAPA the vendors / dealers like to send stuff to people beforehand and give them advance invites to attend meetings / announcements that they will be doing.

just20706
11-18-2004, 05:58 PM
Is anybody exactly sure what type of ride they are going to get?

rocketchk
11-19-2004, 01:17 AM
Haha, oh goodness, have you even read this thread? Quick review: December 15th is the day we will find out for sure. People are saying Robocoaster. Other people are saying no. I am saying I can't wait for March because I am going thru BGW withdrawls. There ya go, lol.

Jessica

Jerry S
11-19-2004, 08:03 AM
Wasn't it December 17th? Maybe that's just me. No, actually, 15th seems right too though, because most new rides have been released on a wednesday lately.

Wes
11-19-2004, 09:31 AM
This is from the Dippin Dots guy:

It will be the world's first launched, indoor, dark, jo jo roll!

You will travel a distance of 10 feet and then head back into the station!

w00t!!!

lol

December 15th hurry up!

HPStormRunner22
11-19-2004, 04:02 PM
^ What a rush. lol
I agree December 15th come on and hurry up. I can't take the anticipation anymore.

Jerry S
11-20-2004, 04:08 PM
I don't understand, could it really hurt to release the info early? I mean, it isn't even early anymore. I guess it will constantly leave something to look forward to. Turkey day, then the announcement, then riding Silver Bullet and Xcelerator and Ghostrider, then........well, I'll plan something by then.

One thing that puzzles me is that in the USA today article about new rides, it mentioned that the robotic arm will make it's debut in the states in Legoland Cali in March. That means one of two things:
1. That one will open before BGW
2. BGW's won't be ready by opening. This makes a bit of sense though, because Ireland took until May, so BGW doesn't mind stalling things.

Knatte
11-21-2004, 06:05 PM
Legoland California will get the same version as the other Legoland parks. It's a stationary version which doesn't move on a track. IF BGW get the G2 RoboCoaster it would be a world's first.

likeminded
11-21-2004, 10:19 PM
I don't recall reading anywhere that Dec. 15th had been named as the announcement date. Someone just mentioned it on this board and then we all started going with it (I think, I guess I may have somehow missed that post.)
Can someone tell me where this info came from on Dec. 15th being THE announcement date?

HPStormRunner22
11-22-2004, 04:07 PM
^ It was posted by somebody that works at BGT, so I'd trust them.

Jerry S
11-22-2004, 07:39 PM
I couldv'e sworn it was the 17th. Maybe that's just when all of the movies come out. W/e

TomG
11-22-2004, 09:30 PM
... and we patiently wait ...

Jerry S
11-22-2004, 09:38 PM
^Hah, yea. I don't like this off time when there's not much new to talk about. The one thing that makes it so bad is that this is in the corner of the park, impossible to get construction updates. We are almost sure this is a G2, and that;s awesome, but I still have trouble understanding the wolf eyes. Why put two wolf themed rides right next to each other? At least dragon themed, as a revenge type of thing. Hey, at least it's probably a coaster. After all of this, we've been debating and decided it's not a coaster, and now, that's the highest possibility. Funny how tables can turn like that. I hope this won't be wolf themed. Werewolf at least is a bit different.

likeminded
11-23-2004, 10:05 AM
Well, here's what we know: It will be either entirely or mostly enclosed. The space and setting are not big enough for a "traditional" coaster (i.e., one with long track, hills, etc.). There seems to be pretty good evidence that it will be a "Robocoaster" of some sort. It will possibly be a robocoaster unit mounted on a track -- this is an intriguing idea, but I am not sure yet what it will really be like. We also know that it is likely to be highly themed. I am wondering if this will include 3-D film, sets, or what? What are everyone's theories about that? As to whether it is themed to dragons or wolves or whatnot, obviously it will need to fit with the Oktoberfest/Germany area and just because it may include wolves does not mean it will be themed the same as the BBW coaster. I guess there is dragon folklore from that part of the world, as well, but I am more inclined to believe that it will be wolves/Old Europe/castles or something of that nature (then again, I guess castles could include dragons....)

Oh well, no matter what the themeing is, as long as the ride is fun and cool it will be welcomed with excitement.

FLCC Josh
11-23-2004, 11:02 AM
I said it was the 15th, the announcement date was told to me by Dan Brown the GM here at BGT. I was at the press release for Sheikra:
http://www.bgtguide.com/2005/media/

So while we were talking about what's next and what's going on up at Williamsburg, I asked him when we could expect to hear something. He pulled out his Blackberry (phone) made a couple calls and told me an announcement would be on the 15th.

TomG
11-23-2004, 11:04 PM
I think whatevert is in store is going to be super sweet!!! I am also having a hard time imagining how the robocoaster would work on a track. Here's a guess...it could be some sort of circular or twisting track with hills travelling through some themed element. As the robo travels over the hills or through turns, if rotates to imitate coaster elements (immelmans, heartline spins...). I could imagine a 4D adventure of being chased by a wolf(s) and dodging obstacles along the way. Who knows?

Jerry S
11-25-2004, 10:06 AM
Maybe, it will be like a normal rollercoaster, but elevated off of the track, but then at random moments, you will be jerked up, down, left, or right, to avoid themed things. I liek the way you think^^

likeminded
11-25-2004, 12:05 PM
How could they?

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

sesamestreetthanksgiving.jpg

Dang! Didn't work! Try this link instead!

http://funnies.com/bigbird.htm

Jerry S
11-25-2004, 03:12 PM
HAHA that's a good one.

slipknot8527
11-25-2004, 04:39 PM
So while we were talking about what's next and what's going on up at Williamsburg, I asked him when we could expect to hear something. He pulled out his Blackberry (phone) made a couple calls and told me an announcement would be on the 15th.

BEEP BEEP BEEP!!!!

Whoah there chief, my BS meter is going crazy.....

Jerry S
11-25-2004, 05:38 PM
Nahh, I don't think that's too incredible. I mean, maybe it did't happen right at the meeting, amybe afterwards, but I think that there will be an announcement on that date. What seems odd though is that if he gave out that much info, why wouldn't he just spill the beans??

rocketchk
11-25-2004, 06:02 PM
And wouldn't someone lose their job? I know for a fact that BG has employees whose primary job is looking for things just like this on the internet. (loooong story-involves termination, blacklisting and a two year ban from the park.) Although we appreciate you adding fuel to the fire, like many others, I am too smart to get my hopes up or believe anything thats not posted on BGW.com. Sorry, I'm hearing the alarm too.

Jess

Jerry S
11-25-2004, 06:18 PM
oh wow, that really changes the way I look at it. Imagine that, getting paid to scan the net to make sure no one spills the beans. Well Josh, if you're telling the truth, goodluck keeping your job......

FLCC Josh
11-25-2004, 07:10 PM
I don't work for BGT, I'm just a regular guy who just happens to have close sources to the park and to people who "are in the know". I don't get tours of the construction site / and invites to media days just because I'm me. I was just there this past Sunday for another tour of the site. Why would the GM tell me along with 4 or 5 other local news outlets that an announcement for their new attraction would be on a day that it's not?

rocketchk
11-25-2004, 08:42 PM
It's not the fact that you are confirming the announcement date, its the fact that you are dropping your hints about what it is going to be. But instead of speculation, like the rest of us are putting on here, your posts come off as you have been told by people in the know exactly what it is. If it turns out to be true, then thats awesome. I'm just saying that the information that you've given may or may not get your close sources into very deep stuff. There are ears and eyes everywhere.
Jessica

Montu Man
11-25-2004, 09:21 PM
But I would trust him, seeing how god darned accurate he was with SheiKra.

NC Coasterman
11-26-2004, 01:39 AM
I thought this thread is for construction discussion, not speculation.

Since the park closed on October 31, and the construction location is deep inside the park. I don't see what can be discussed besides what we saw in October before the park closed.

Until we get an announcement, all of this is speculation, and maybe should be under a rumor thread. Once an annoucement is made, then we can discuss actual items, not rumors or speculation!

FLCC Josh
11-26-2004, 07:45 AM
But thats the fun part, all the hints! I have a strong feeling that this will be a Robo Coaster, do I know this for sure??? No I don't...BUT...there is overwhelming evidence that this may be another first for Busch Gardens.

ErioL
11-26-2004, 10:35 AM
Until we get an announcement, all of this is speculation, and maybe should be under a rumor thread. Once an annoucement is made, then we can discuss actual items, not rumors or speculation! Bahhhh. Let it stay, the speculation comes as a result of a nearing deadline. We don't need to make anymore threads on this, and I think, if your up to some searching, theres already a thread about BGW in 05 somewhere in the rumours forum.

Jerry S
11-26-2004, 01:50 PM
But I would trust him, seeing how god darned accurate he was with SheiKra.

You make a sharp point. Sharp enough to shave with.

cpk8516
11-27-2004, 01:51 PM
I know this has been said somewhere, and I know everyone else probably got this too, but JUST IN CASE...................I got a newsletter thing from BGW today, " .......Spring 2005. Integrating elaborate theming, 3-D visuals and special effects.......... So there you go.....(And the eyes on the newsletter could be either wolf or dragon, IMHO)

Jerry S
11-27-2004, 02:09 PM
I actually thought that it would be a dragon. I do see this as a robocoaster with effects and such indoors. Pretty crazy ride, but it can happen, and I think it will.

Wes
11-27-2004, 10:36 PM
What have I been saying since they took down Drachenfire (rip)?

Drachens Revenge!!!

I'd love to see something with dragons, plus it'd be neat to see some theming around Drachenfire again. I miss that old girl.

Montu Man
11-27-2004, 11:14 PM
I personally don't think it will be Drachen's Revenge, as there are werewolves on the promo sign.

Jerry S
11-27-2004, 11:24 PM
Well, werewolves aren't wolves, so that's good....wait....one...minute.......

I GOT IT!! I KNOW THE THEME!!

I think this may be a launch ride, or some method of flat propulsion, whether it be fast or not, or even a drop to pick up speed is appropriate, it doesn't need to be too fast to be intense. It would be the transformation of a human to a werewolf. You begin by seeing a full moon, and you start moving fast, like you're running. Then, as you begin transfoming, you start twitching around and making crazy movements, all the while running through a forest with twists and turns on the track, as well as random, spontaneous, twitchy movements on the robotic arm part. And then, the ride ends after the night ends (2-3 minutes), and your back from the other side, and you're human again. I got the biggest hunch that this is it!!! It's just like when I said the gadv coaster will be.....an.....arrowbatic-ANYWAY, I think that this time, I'm right, (as arrogant as it seems) This is considering that it is probably a G2, and it will incorporate light effects of the moon, and seizure like movements, and strobe lights to make it seem very fast.

Well, I'm confident now that December 15th will be as soon as tomorrow, thank god, that had me pretty anticipated, good to let that out. And as Linda Richman would say: "I'll give you a topic, Talk amongst yourselves." Discuss.

Wes
11-28-2004, 05:39 AM
This thread is getting more hillarious the closer we get to the announcement day.

I'm glad though that there's this much interest in BGW (still tied with CP for my favorite park). (NO it's not PC grrrrr). lol

I hope whatever it turns out to be that it will have that "wow factor". BGW has been a let-down on their past years since Apollo's Chariot. That was the last good ride/attraction put in.

Ireland was a major letdown, they just rethemed the area. I was thinking it was going to be a whole new section :rolleyes:

Although I am part Irish, so I did like it for that reason.

ErioL
11-28-2004, 08:56 AM
Although I am part Irish, so I did like it for that reason. So am I. So are probably half the people on this board.

HPStormRunner22
11-28-2004, 10:19 AM
^ Hey I'm not. Thats why I appreciate Oktoberfest and Rhinefeld so much, I'm pure German.

I like your thinking MeowCoaster. That would be an awesome way to use the G2 Robocoaster system.

Jerry S
11-28-2004, 12:24 PM
I think my thinking just might match the Busch versions of imagineers.You know, wild ride, other side, and 3D effects are involved. See, Busch is more elaborate, and give more subtle hints. GAdv gave us a false length which happened to match ArrowBATic. But there were no theming hints or anything, and, well, I guess I feel the same now as I did before. But hey, I think that's an amusing thought. See, today, I would still rather have an ArrowBATic than KK, simply because an ArrowBATic would be new, while KK is TTD plus some height, speed, and a bunny hop. Not that it's not cool, I would just rather something new. So then, I leave you with what I think it is until the said December 15 announcement.

Wes
11-28-2004, 03:36 PM
So am I. So are probably half the people on this board.

Not to get totally off topic here, but if you ever saw Gangs of New York, you'll have a whole new appreciation for what our ancestors went through to get into this country.

Down with Germans! ;) lol j/k I love my Beetle :cool:

Jerry S
11-28-2004, 03:38 PM
Hey, you want trouble getting here? Look at me being the first american born generation or Russian Jews. You rarely find Russian Jews in the first place, getting to the US was even tougher.

DaBGWFreak
11-28-2004, 04:22 PM
Hey I dont know if anyone else noticed this but... Busch keeps on using the word "Chilling" On everything they have said about the ride lately they have been using that word. Also on the website and the announcement that they sent to the passport holders it looks as if the words are inclosed in ice. If this is not just a coincidence then I have no idea what wolves have to do with ice

Jerry S
11-28-2004, 06:17 PM
Well, check out my suggestion on the last page. I guess chilling could fit in with making the building pretty chilly inside, to add to the rest of the proposed ride effect.

Wes
11-28-2004, 09:05 PM
Chilling can also mean scary.

DaBGWFreak
11-29-2004, 12:44 AM
yeah chilling can mean scary... its a pretty clever pun. Maybe its just me, but they have put a lot of focus on a word with double meaning. I don't think that chilling is a very good word to use if they were just saying it was scary. Also what about the ice effects in the advertising?

Jerry S
11-29-2004, 08:00 AM
The Werewolf of Black Forest. That's cold. Is that German?

Wes
11-29-2004, 08:05 AM
Is that a story or something? I've never heard of it.

BGW needs to hire some of us, we come up with some pretty creative designs for rides lol ;)

HPStormRunner22
11-29-2004, 08:10 AM
^ The black forest is a region in Germany. It is often associated with supernatrual beings and the such so the Werewolf could be part of this ride.

Jerry S
11-29-2004, 09:22 AM
Wow, I was guessing, That's not a real tale, that's my proposed name for this ride, in correspondence with the actual ride that I came up with, and considering that it's cold.

Wes
11-29-2004, 03:28 PM
Ice Dragon: The Ride. :cool:

Jerry S
11-29-2004, 08:43 PM
I'm leaning towards werewolf, but if it were something like Ice Dragon, it wouldn't have: The ride, as it isn't made after a movie or something else. One thing that I's like to see one day is a movie made out of a ride. Like Alpengeist, or Medusa. That'd be pretty cool. Both would be horror flicks, Medusa being a woman who will turn you to stone, if you make her mad and then look into her eyes. Alpengeist will be a monster that kidnaps skiers from a resort, until the only people left on the entire mountain are those same goofs that are in all of the Scream movies.

intamin101
11-29-2004, 11:52 PM
I am not exaggerating at all when I say that is the absolute worst idea I have ever heard in my life.

So apparently I should start looking at this ride, because I just got accepted to The College of William & Mary, so it looks like this will be my home park next fall. Really though, nothing can really be deduced about this ride until we get some more information.

rocketchk
11-30-2004, 01:36 AM
^ Congradulations! W&M has a beautiful campus and you can literally smell Colonial Williamsburg. There's tons to do in this area, and if you ever need to know anything about the area, let me know. It's my favorite college. I know you'll have an awesome time.

The only problem with BGW including "Black Forrest" in a ride name is the fact that that's what their picnic area is called. Would you really want to eat where the werewolf that was just chasing you on that ride lives at? Nevermind, I don't want to know ya'lls answer...LOL. I think thats the one piece of land in the park thats not themed, but I guess they could employee people to run after you in werewolf suits while you eat? THAT would be interesting.
Jessica
Announcement Countdown: 15 Days, baby

Ryan F
11-30-2004, 09:32 AM
One thing that I's like to see one day is a movie made out of a ride. Like Alpengeist, or Medusa. That'd be pretty cool. Both would be horror flicks, Medusa being a woman who will turn you to stone, if you make her mad and then look into her eyes. Alpengeist will be a monster that kidnaps skiers from a resort, until the only people left on the entire mountain are those same goofs that are in all of the Scream movies.
I'm guessing you haven't seen or heard of Pirates of the Carribean or Haunted Mansion. Both are movies made after the rides.

Anyways, not to get completely off topic...I can't wait to see what the ride will be.

ErioL
11-30-2004, 10:31 AM
So apparently I should start looking at this ride, because I just got accepted to The College of William & Mary, so it looks like this will be my home park next fall. Really though, nothing can really be deduced about this ride until we get some more information. You don't know how envious I am of you...Man, I'm trapped in Texas, and I want soooo much to get back. Hey man check out Aroma's Coffeeshop in the colonial shopping area...My favorite coffeeshop (and its in Virgina :( ). Dude I was up at W&M last year, I LOVE that place. Its so historical, unlike Houston. Man...nostalgia hit.

Wes
11-30-2004, 12:48 PM
Man, I'm trapped in Texas

Sounds like a Lifetime Movie of the week. LOL!!!

I also love the campus of William & Mary. There was a great little used CD store there and then we went back in 02 and it was gone. :sadface: :kraken:

TomG
11-30-2004, 03:59 PM
W&M, Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown...if your a history lover, this is the place for great early American history. A lot of things happened in this area. Growing up I never realized all that had taken place but now that I'm older, I'm fascinated by the history. There are lots of 'chilling' things that take place in this area. Supposedly many houses in Williamsburg and in Yorktown (around and on the battlefields) are haunted. In addition, you are close to Va Beach (if you dig the crowds) and the best spot on the East Coast, the Outer Banks. If you surf, hit it up down there. The surf in the late summer through fall will blow your mind.

Oh...I forgot to add, BGW is a great park. You may just want to check it out...lol.

Wes
11-30-2004, 04:06 PM
Yeah I've never heard of bgw *looks at his screen name* What? What park is that! ;)

HPStormRunner22
11-30-2004, 05:28 PM
W&M has an awesome campus. I love that area. Yay, only 15 days till the announcement! Can't wait.

intamin101
11-30-2004, 10:35 PM
Yeah, I had a campus visit last spring at W&M and I decided it was definitely a place I'd like to spend four years. The sunken gardens are awesome, and when I was there I just felt like it was how college was supposed to be. We also stopped by BGW, and I can see what all the fuss is about. Its an excellent park, and we had very little wait time.

rocketchk~ yeah, I'd like to hear anything you have to say about the area (not sure how old you are and what you know about campus life, but if you want you can send me an e-mail) intamincoaster@yahoo.com thanks!

Jerry S
12-01-2004, 07:39 AM
What is that college good for,and what is the full name? I have to start looking for schools by next year, so I want to know more on this one. My grandparents live in VA beach, and it'd be nice to visit them more often. It happens as coincidence that another school I want to go to is Lehigh Valley, for engineering, which is very close to Dorney. I basically want to be in amusement park design, and that is what I want to study.

likeminded
12-01-2004, 09:59 AM
The full name is the College of William & Mary. It is the second oldest school in the country (alot of people don't realize that...many people also think it is a private school because it has that feel about it, but it is a public school. They also "gave birth" to my alma matter, Old Dominion University.) As to what programs they are highly ranked in, I do not know. You can visit their website at http://www.wm.edu/

Good luck on your search for a school!

Michael C
12-01-2004, 07:41 PM
I woudln't mind there new ride ot be an indoor coaster but they havn't instaled the coaster and the building it prity much compleat. normaly you instal th ecoaster before finishing the building.

Jerry S
12-01-2004, 09:23 PM
^How do you know that? Maybe the coaster was quick to install. No one's been at the park for a while either. And what if even in October, on weekdays, the park had track coming in, and then putting it on the train right away and hiding it in an area where no one would see. BGW is very secretive, more than Tampa. I'd expect that if it is the ride that we think it's gonna be, then they are already installign all the special stuff needed for the robotic stuff. And stuff like that. Stuff. So you never know.

Dan G
12-02-2004, 10:52 PM
I won't be surprised if they are only getting a new flat ride or small coaster...Seeing how BGT is getting Sheirkra, I kinda doubt both parks would get a major coaster for next season. It's highly unlikeable, but anything is possible right now.

DaBGWFreak
12-02-2004, 11:32 PM
I dont see how a small coaster or flat ride would be "pushing the envelope" of technology

FLCC Josh
12-03-2004, 08:03 AM
It's not a "roller" coaster per say.

Jerry S
12-03-2004, 08:05 AM
Yea, robocoaster, we know. But will it be a G2 or regular? I say G2, cause BG is crazy like that.

DaBGWFreak
12-03-2004, 11:12 AM
Screamscape.com posted a mailer was sent out from Busch Gardens reading...
“Opening Spring 2005 - Busch Gardens Williamsburg’s newest adventure sends passengers on a thrilling ride. Integrating elaborate themeing, 3-D visuals and special effects, the park’s newest ride pushes the envelope of theme park technology. More to come...”

Also there is a new teaser sign here
http://www.screamscape.com/html/bgw_-_dark_side_0.html
(This shows the ice effect I was talking about and the use of the word "chilling". Coincidence?

Oh and those eyes don't look like wolves eyes to me...

Jerry S
12-03-2004, 03:27 PM
Don't double post, I know your kinda new, but use the edit button.

Well I've seen all of that before, so I guess I gotta wait for the next new thing for them to give out.

DaBGWFreak
12-06-2004, 03:40 PM
Heres to waiting 9 more days.... hopefully.

Jerry S
12-06-2004, 03:54 PM
You don't know man, that's serious. But I think that's the announcement.

freakylick
12-07-2004, 01:17 PM
Still hoping for my rocket spinning mouse *crosses fingers*

TomG
12-07-2004, 06:24 PM
8 days?!

DaBGWFreak
12-07-2004, 08:54 PM
be careful saying that....

Hector
12-08-2004, 11:25 AM
We don't need a countdown guys, it'll come when it comes.

bigboy_1234567
12-08-2004, 11:31 AM
Those eyes on the teaser almost look like a mix between human and an animals eyes. Who knows for sure.

TomG
12-08-2004, 12:35 PM
Patience is a virtue...why not tease it a little while we wait

bk2004
12-08-2004, 12:39 PM
Are the rumors supposed to be a Robo coaster? I don't get that at all. It's like an arm on a track. Weird. Though it'll be cool to see one of these.

And whatever it is, especially a coaster, wouldn't they already be building the track before putting the outer shell?

FLCC Josh
12-08-2004, 01:58 PM
From what I have heard this Installation will *not* be the version on the "coaster" track. This will be a dark ride like Spiderman at IOA.....but with Robo Coaster vehicles.

Jerry S
12-08-2004, 02:31 PM
Damn, so my super cool idea of total and utter greatness won't work. That's ok, still a robo, I always wanted one of those.

Jerry S
12-09-2004, 08:18 PM
(tumbleweed blows by)

So, I guess it's six days left. I hope. I wonder, before the announcement is made, will this have movie screens like Spiderman, or only similar in the aspect of being on a ground track?

Montu Man
12-09-2004, 10:13 PM
Probably like Mummy, with not many screens, but lots of special effects.

Wes
12-10-2004, 07:50 AM
How many times are we going to go over the same things over and over again?

This thread has gone to the dogs, or should I say the WOLVES. lol

I'm ready for the announcement so the speculation will be over. lol

imhotep
12-10-2004, 08:13 AM
Is it possible that its not a coaster at all, but maybe one of those new Pandoras Boxes or something to that effect?

Jerry S
12-10-2004, 08:26 AM
It probably isn't a coaster, but a robocoaster on a ground track.

leeloo1953
12-10-2004, 11:18 AM
Those eyes on the teaser almost look like a mix between human and an animals eyes. Who knows for sure.

I agree. Human and animal...Werewolf. The only reason I say that is because Jack Nicholson's and Michele Pfieffer's eyes looked like that in the movie Wolf.

I'm sure I'm wrong because I know nothing about how parks think as far as theming. But when I saw those eyes...I thought the movie Wolf, immediatly, first thing that entered my mind after seeing those eyes.

Jerry S
12-10-2004, 04:33 PM
Yea, werewolf is what I got my money on. I hope this wont be a let down on the announcement. Too.....much.....anticipation.

Jerry S
12-15-2004, 06:54 AM
Nothing yet, but the day isn't done......

TomG
12-15-2004, 12:23 PM
The Curse of DarKastle...the Ride

http://www.buschgardens.com/buschgardens/va/ar_rides.aspx

TomG
12-15-2004, 12:32 PM
The announcement is pretty bogus. It doesn't give enough detail about the ride. I guess thats the effect BGW wants...to keep us on the edge of our seats until we experience the ride. It looks like we aren't getting a RoboCoaster?

FLCC Josh
12-15-2004, 12:40 PM
It will feature technology from Kuka / Robocoaster. And thank you to everyone who took my word on the announcement date! I wouldn't steer you folks wrong!!

DaBGWFreak
12-15-2004, 12:54 PM
HA!!! Who told you it was going to be about something frozen? No one took me seriously. I knew that BG wouldn't keep using the word chilling for nothing. :)

I'm pretty happy with the ride to be honest. I thought Spiderman was one of the most amazing rides ever and this looks even better than that. Let's just hope it really is....

edh101985
12-15-2004, 01:12 PM
If you look on the video, you can see for a few seconds them showing the actual ride on a computer. It is not a roller coaster. It looks like it is just a robocoaster that is able to move on a track. BTW, if you also look at the video, it does have to do with werewolves.

bk2004
12-15-2004, 01:22 PM
Why is everyone down? This ride sounds superb! It's just as good as a coaster. The theming sounds like it will be excellent.

Hector
12-15-2004, 01:54 PM
I saw the video, it's spiderman...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/RCFreak02/DarKastle1.jpg

magnumxl2005
12-15-2004, 01:55 PM
The ride seems to be awsome. What exactly are they talking about when the mention the "drop"?

Alex Westerman
12-15-2004, 02:08 PM
Here is the BGW Release:

http://www.thrillnetwork.com/stories_view.php/771

We will have the video up soon.

Jerry S
12-15-2004, 02:25 PM
I see. So this will turn into a coaster at the end?

bk2004
12-15-2004, 02:28 PM
/\ What is that supposed to mean? It has a pre-show at the beginning and then you board little cars that ride around in the building with a lot of effects. That's what I understand.

Jerry S
12-15-2004, 03:12 PM
Oh, ok. I though it said endins with a high speed chase or something like that.

DaBGWFreak
12-15-2004, 03:14 PM
I think the drop that they mention is like the last drop on Spiderman. Special effects in the room and on the screen make it seem like that you are falling down. Its pretty effective as it really does feel as if you are falling down backwards

Jerry S
12-15-2004, 03:31 PM
They say it's one of a kind, but it's like Spiderman. This is what the predictions were long ago. I'm a bit upset, I thought it'd be a robotic arm ride, stationary or moving. It's just Spiderman with more theming.

Wes
12-15-2004, 03:38 PM
A "sleigh" doesn't sound anything like a robocoaster.

It sounds like a dark ride experience similar to Spiderman to me.

Sounds fun!

“The integration of elaborate theming, eye-popping visuals and wicked effects will be seamless,” said Cecil Magpuri,

It wasn't "seemless" on Spiderman. We'll see...

Andrew W
12-15-2004, 04:06 PM
Watch the video, it's deffinitly based on the same ride system as Spiderman at IOA. But for those who have been on Spiderman, you will NOT be disappointed! This will be one heck of an amazing ride.

bigbadwolf501
12-15-2004, 05:36 PM
i am very excited about this new attraction. i think it will fit the park perfectly. the elaborate theming and special effects look awesome. i dont see how anyone could be dissapointed with this new ride. i mean, c'mon, its busch gardens. just because its something u thought it wasnt going to be dosent mean it will be bad. anyways, i cant wait till next season!

Jerry S
12-15-2004, 05:46 PM
True. I want a coaster though, look at BGT, it's spoiled. But here's a thought: BGT has thrilling rides to attract those who don't get that at Disney and such. BGW has a themed park, to attract those that don't get that at PKD. But A coaster would be nice. Especially if the park costs 50 bucks to get in. Too expensive for *some* people in my family to take me.

cpk8516
12-15-2004, 06:17 PM
Never been on Spiderman, so this ride looks pretty awesome to me. Sort of a Busch Gardens junkie, so I will definitely be there on passport preview day at 7:30 a.m. Something I noticed that I don't seem to like..........8 Passengers per car?? On a 3 minute something ride. My only worry is that if something was to screw up (as it always does at BGW) then that will be a LONG wait. Or maybe i'm just mistaken and these type of rides hardly ever mess up. Answers appreciated!

TomG
12-15-2004, 06:23 PM
This ride is beginning to look sweet. Aside from acting, the engineers and designers seem pretty stoked. The special effect are going to be awesome and its going to fit nicely into the park. That whole section will be a huge castle with Alpengeist rising in the background. I think this will be a pleasant experience that we weren't expecting.

Montu Man
12-15-2004, 06:24 PM
Ripoff ripoff ripoff! I'm sorry, but nothing can be compared to Spiderman. SM is better, 100%. I am going to dislike Busch very much if people say it's better then Spiderman. And in the video on the website, the chinese guys says this can't be compared to anything, and this ticks me off. Universal should do some advertising there...

Hector
12-15-2004, 06:33 PM
^ BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That really does have to be some of the funniest things I've ever heard. I like how you say Spider-man will be better when this isn't even finished. Good job for winning the fanboy post of the day Montu man.

I'm personally excited this is being built. It's been a few years since Spidy came out so there could be some great improvments to the system, and Special effects can always be improved with new technology coming out all the time.

Here's to DarKastle!

bigbadwolf501
12-15-2004, 06:36 PM
well, how do u know nothing can be compared to spiderman? for what we know so far this ride could be better than spiderman. the video dosent give all that much information so we really dont know exactly what the ride will do. i mean we still have about 5 months till the ride opens and we dont know too much information and ure already saying spiderman is 100% better without even really knowing what this ride is. i think we should wait till the ride opens to start comparing it w/ other rides.

ErioL
12-15-2004, 06:40 PM
Ripoff ripoff ripoff! I'm sorry, but nothing can be compared to Spiderman. SM is better, 100%. I am going to dislike Busch very much if people say it's better then Spiderman. And in the video on the website, the chinese guys says this can't be compared to anything, and this ticks me off. Universal should do some advertising there... So you've ridden Busch's new ride? How was it?

coasetrphil
12-15-2004, 06:41 PM
Never been on Spiderman, so this ride looks pretty awesome to me. Sort of a Busch Gardens junkie, so I will definitely be there on passport preview day at 7:30 a.m. Something I noticed that I don't seem to like..........8 Passengers per car?? On a 3 minute something ride. My only worry is that if something was to screw up (as it always does at BGW) then that will be a LONG wait. Or maybe i'm just mistaken and these type of rides hardly ever mess up. Answers appreciated!
If something goes wrong you are going to have big problems, no matter what the capacity is. At IOA though Spiderman is quite the people-mover, so I would expect this ride to have a good capacity.

Ryan F
12-15-2004, 07:26 PM
I am going to dislike Busch very much if people say it's better then Spiderman.
Coming from the fanboy with a Busch ride in his name...

Ripoff ripoff ripoff! I'm sorry, but nothing can be compared to Spiderman. SM is better, 100%.
And for the people who don't like comic books or super heros, they have a new thrilling ride themed to an old legend...Diversity is the key

Seriously, dude, calm down; nobody in the real world cares wether this ride is a rip off or not. And really, it isn't that big of a deal weather it is or isnt. Look at the distance between IOA and BGW, do you think anybody besides the fanboys are going to know or give a sh**? This ride looks amazing, I am deffinately going to have to get down to VA sometime in the future.

ErioL
12-15-2004, 08:09 PM
I am going to dislike Busch very much if people say it's better then Spiderman. So according to this statement, you won't like Busch for making a ride people like? Isn't that sorta blaspheming against theme parks? You don't want people to like it?

HPStormRunner22
12-15-2004, 08:22 PM
I can't wait to ride this. I knew the sections of themeing that reached high up were going to be castle turrets. Just as good as any coaster.

DaBGWFreak
12-15-2004, 08:56 PM
Even if it's the same exact ride concept as Spiderman, it will still be better because its a second generation of the ride.

Also for those of you who are dissapointed its not a coaster, I don't think we have much longer to wait for one. Its been a very long time without a new coaster (going on 10 years I think) and the 400th anniversary of Virginia (Jamestown) is coming up in 2007. This should bring lots of people into the area and I think Busch would want to capitalize on that. So a major attraction will probably be built in 2007

Jerry S
12-15-2004, 09:13 PM
I'm with Hector on this one. Iwas going to say that: fanboy of the day. I think it'll be better, because Spiderman is all movie stuff, this has themed walls and such too, and movies.

BTW, last coaster was AC in 99, which was 6 years ago, not 10.

CoasterDJ
12-15-2004, 10:08 PM
Well, FLCC Josh said it was the 15th and it proved to be right on the money overall. I dont know whether to consider FLCC Josh as an insider with some knowledge or just darn lucky.

Montu Man
12-15-2004, 10:17 PM
FLCC Josh has an inside source. He is the one who gave us hints about the date for this, and info. on SkeiKra.

But he was wrong about one thing: he said thie would be a G2 robocoaster. Oh well.

GAcoasterguy
12-15-2004, 11:21 PM
Sort of a Busch Gardens junkie, so I will definitely be there on passport preview day at 7:30 a.m.

I'd be there too, but this ride won't be opening until May according to the promotional video.

incitehawaii
12-16-2004, 04:45 AM
/\ Passport Preview day for a reason :). God knows I'll be heading up the hour drive from VA Beach to check it out! Hey, no Robocoaster, oh well. I've always intended to go to IOA and check out the Spidy ride system, now I have one just around the corner! Kind of gets me all tingly inside, hehe.

And this isn't that big of a ripoff Montu Man, virtually every park is a ripoff of the next, just think about that!

robvia
12-16-2004, 08:45 AM
You knew SM would be copied eventually, no need to get mad. The other park chains had their chance to do it, and dropped the ball. At least it seems Busch is going all out and doing it the correct way. Whereas Paramount tries to do it with the Scooby Doo dark rides, Disney didn't care, and SF ha ha.

The thing I'm not happy about is them calling it a thrill ride, it's not. It's a dark ride, which puts it in the family category. The height requirement will probably be 48 inches, so little kids can go on it. The suits come out and play both sides of the fence trying to make everyone happy. They can say all they want, just don't hype it as a thrill ride. Otherwise, this gives parks an excuse not build coasters if you put dark rides in the thrill category.

StevenV
12-16-2004, 09:59 AM
Oh neat, a dark ride.

BGW's warehouse ride - complete with moving boxes! j/j :)

Looks interesting, and heavily themed. This may be their best dark attraction since Turvey Manor (their haunted house back in the late 70's)

bk2004
12-16-2004, 11:01 AM
If something goes wrong you are going to have big problems, no matter what the capacity is. At IOA though Spiderman is quite the people-mover, so I would expect this ride to have a good capacity.

To continue on that note, yes it is. The line is always moving and they have a lot of cars on the track at a time that move through the sensors to know when the movies are going to play and turn off until the next train comes.

I've ridden it where it breaks down. You just stop and sit their for a couple of minutes and then start right back up. It's nothing tragic, but that's just a minor break down. I'm sure there will be break downs when it first opens, but that's just new ride bugs I guess.

FLCC Josh
12-16-2004, 11:52 AM
FLCC Josh has an inside source. He is the one who gave us hints about the date for this, and info. on SkeiKra.

But he was wrong about one thing: he said thie would be a G2 robocoaster. Oh well.

The date like I said before was not a guess, I was told the date at the press release of SheiKra...remember my "Blackberry" story that no one believed...lol.
As far as the Robocaoster technology, we should see some of it in this ride...if not the actual motion base, look for some sort of other theming element, maybe a dragon... ;) I know something is in there somewhere.
It's easier to get SheiKra stuff because I am 15 minutes from BGT, and most of my "sources" are here also. If I was up in Williamsburg I could get just as much...but its 12 hours away.

Hector
12-16-2004, 12:09 PM
Hmmmmm Intamin (http://www.ridetrade.com/r_products_simulators.htm)?

coasetrphil
12-16-2004, 12:53 PM
You knew SM would be copied eventually, no need to get mad. The other park chains had their chance to do it, and dropped the ball. At least it seems Busch is going all out and doing it the correct way. Whereas Paramount tries to do it with the Scooby Doo dark rides, Disney didn't care, and SF ha ha.

The thing I'm not happy about is them calling it a thrill ride, it's not. It's a dark ride, which puts it in the family category. The height requirement will probably be 48 inches, so little kids can go on it. The suits come out and play both sides of the fence trying to make everyone happy. They can say all they want, just don't hype it as a thrill ride. Otherwise, this gives parks an excuse not build coasters if you put dark rides in the thrill category.
I would consider Spiderman to be a thrill ride, so this should be one as well. Just because children can ride doesn't keep it from being a thrill ride.

edh101985
12-16-2004, 01:31 PM
Here is a picture of the ride cars. http://www.screamscape.com/html/bgw_-_darkastle_0.html

Wes
12-16-2004, 01:41 PM
^^ That looks almost exactly like the cars in Spiderman.

Oh neat, a dark ride.

BGW's warehouse ride - complete with moving boxes! j/j :)

Sorry that's been done before. Dissaster Transport at CP. lol

imhotep
12-16-2004, 02:25 PM
I really hope this ride turns out better than spiderman. Definately gives me a reason to make my first visit to BGW next year!! As far as people being dissappointed that this going to be like spiderman, Im sure alot of people would be amazed with having a spiderman clone in their home parks, especially non enthusiasts. The fact that you are getting something much better is nothing to just shrug off :D

I think it'll be better, because Spiderman is all movie stuff, this has themed walls and such too, and movies.
Spiderman has themed walls too, like the buildings and such.. unless you mean something else.

Jerry S
12-16-2004, 03:51 PM
Oh, ok. That's what I meant. It think they will be almost the saem, the difference is what you like. If you like action and extreme stuff and adventures, then Spiderman. if you like spooky, horror, supernatural ghost-like stuff, then you'll like this. I like em both, so I can't judge until I got both on my count.

Montu Man
12-16-2004, 08:52 PM
Hector this isn't Intamin. Those multi-motion dark rides are like Dinosaur at AK, or Indiana Jones at DL. And the motion seats thingy is Jimmy Neutron/Hanna Barberra at Universal. Neither of those are like Spiderman (but Universal has a solid relationship with Intamin, almost all their original rides at Universal Studios (ORL) are intamin.)

likeminded
12-16-2004, 11:43 PM
OK. Just have to put my two cents in here, although I am not sure if I can really add anything.....

Anyway, I have ridden the Spiderman ride and I must say it was thrilling (more than just any standard "dark ride") and it was almost definitely the coolest ride (outside of a roller coaster) that I have ever been on. I know when it opened they said it was about the most technologically advanced ride ever built (I suppose that's true, I don't know) so if this is similar to it in conept, in all likelihood it should be even better as the technology has progressed a few years by now (SM is what, 4 or 5 years old now?)

I think FLCC Josh has good sources. He knew the date and I don't think he ever said it would be a G2. I think he just hinted that there would be some Kuka/Robocoaster technology incorporated (and I bet there will.)

Personally, I am stoked. I think this will be one of the neatest, most thrilling additions at the park in a long time. If anything could satisfy me besides a coaster, this would be it.

Two last things....
I agree that BGW will probably be gearing up for a major new coaster or something in 2007 to coincide with the Jamestown anniversary. Hopefully the rumors will start flying some time next year.
And FLCC Josh, my parents live near Tampa and I just drove up from there to VA Beach yesterday. I takes me 14 hours averaging 80+ MPH just to get here and Williamsburg is probably another hour from here, so I would love to know what speed your traveling to make it in 12 hours???!!!!???

Hector
12-17-2004, 12:34 AM
Montu man, you didn't click on the "Multi Media Dark Ride" did you?

Wes
12-17-2004, 08:28 AM
BGW will probably be gearing up for a major new coaster or something in 2007 to coincide with the Jamestown anniversary.

QUAD: The Ride Tis True.

There's one problem with that, BGW is themed around Europe not North America. :)

FLCC Josh
12-17-2004, 08:53 AM
I think FLCC Josh has good sources. He knew the date and I don't think he ever said it would be a G2. I think he just hinted that there would be some Kuka/Robocoaster technology incorporated (and I bet there will.)

And FLCC Josh, my parents live near Tampa and I just drove up from there to VA Beach yesterday. I takes me 14 hours averaging 80+ MPH just to get here and Williamsburg is probably another hour from here, so I would love to know what speed your traveling to make it in 12 hours???!!!!???

Thanks likeminded, I do have good sources and I can only hope they get better! And I am actually trying to get more specific information about what Kuka has up their sleeves. Oh and I actually didn't get to Williamsburg in 12 hours....I made it to Petersburg in 12, I know Williamsburg is still an hour and a half or so away!

likeminded
12-17-2004, 12:30 PM
There's one problem with that, BGW is themed around Europe not North America. :) I'm not saying it will be themed to Jamestown or anything, I just think they will do something that year to capitalize on all the people that will be coming to town that year (more tourists than usual, I assume.)

StevenV
12-17-2004, 12:47 PM
It could (large emphasis on "could") be possible. BGW opened up their "Italy" section in 1981. The 200-year anniversary of the British surrender at Yorktown.

Don't give up on hope!

FLCC Josh
12-17-2004, 03:06 PM
You know what I find extremely amusing about this thread now that the announcement has been made. Not ONE person has really made a big stink about this "only" being a "dark ride". If this were a coaster, 5 minutes after the announcement someone would have been complaining "it's not tall enough / fast enough / not enough inversions" Sure there are a couple people that were like "meh...a dark ride...no big deal" But I haven't seen the typical "BGW you SUCK %&$#@)* and blah, blah, blah" I personally think this ride will be absolutly wonderful! Being a fan of Spiderman, DarKastle sounds like it will be much, much better!

Wes
12-17-2004, 03:27 PM
I'm just glad it's not another 4D movie. :rolleyes: lol

DisGardeVersal
12-17-2004, 04:26 PM
I've been reading this thread from right when it started, and will continue to for as long as it lasts, But has anyone here ever thought lately that BGW is not giving us all the information?

coasterdude28
12-17-2004, 06:24 PM
i am sure the cant give every detail of the ride but the did a good enough job. the ride will be better with a couple of surprises in it.

Jerry S
12-17-2004, 06:36 PM
I was kindof upset that it wasn't a coaster at all! I don't know if I want to even go there in 05.

DisGardeVersal
12-17-2004, 07:17 PM
I know people at BGW can't pass out all the info, from now on details have to come out like grains in an hourglass, only a lot slower. Its just everybody was discussing on how DarKastle could be better than Spiderman. Which it might be, it might not, we really have to wait until May to find out.

Ryan F
12-17-2004, 07:41 PM
You know what I find extremely amusing about this thread now that the announcement has been made. Not ONE person has really made a big stink about this "only" being a "dark ride". If this were a coaster, 5 minutes after the announcement someone would have been complaining "it's not tall enough / fast enough / not enough inversions" Sure there are a couple people that were like "meh...a dark ride...no big deal" But I haven't seen the typical "BGW you SUCK %&$#@)* and blah, blah, blah" I personally think this ride will be absolutly wonderful! Being a fan of Spiderman, DarKastle sounds like it will be much, much better!
did you read Montu Man's post? Even meowcoaster's post 2 above this one, is pretty much what you stated.

People can't seem to be happy with this amazing looking ride. It seems everyone was expceting BGW to also get a B&M (or other huge name coaster since BGT is getting one), or a robocoaster because someone made a rumour up. But now that it's been announced as an amazing looking dark ride, people got their hopes up and are upset that a park is doing something good.

DisGardeVersal
12-17-2004, 08:57 PM
If I somehow came out and in some way said that this ride will be a letdown, I had no intention of doing so. In fact, I'm excited BGW is building a High-Technological thrill ride. With this place being my home park, just 45 minutes away, I cant wait until next season so I can check this thing out.

HPStormRunner22
12-18-2004, 07:07 AM
This ride is no letdown for me. It will probably be a while till I make it back down to Florida to ride Spiderman. And now I have this only 6 1/2 hours awa from me. Plus my family really likes Williamsburg so we will probably make it down every other year. I want a coaster too, but that will come eventually.

ErioL
12-18-2004, 11:02 AM
I'm just glad it's not another 4D movie. :rolleyes: lol Word.

Jerry S
12-18-2004, 03:10 PM
It's cool, but it's a 4-D movie on wheels, and more simulator-ness. They haven't got a coaster since 99!!! That's not good, considering they don't have many rides in the first place and charge you as much as the Orlando parks do!! In that park now, you can pay 50 bucks, ride 2 great coasters, 2 okay ones, some water rides, and this.

In GAdv, you pay almost $50 bucks to get in, can ride 10 coasters,3 or 4 of them being as good as the two in BGW, a few water rides as well, and some flats. But GAdv is sometimes not so pleasant to be in, so let's look at PKD:

Nearly $50 bucks, one of the tallest drop towers, 3 launch coasters (2 amazing), many more coasters that are worth riding, some of them wooden unlike BGW, a free water park, some flats.

Dorney Park is varyign depending on season, but usually around $30 bucks +- 5. They have amazing coasters, two different drop tower rides, many good flats, good log flume.

So the competition narrows down to PKD only, but look: they have more for your buck then BGW.

DisGardeVersal
12-18-2004, 04:00 PM
But does PKD offer as much good food, live entertainment and a great landscape of a park as BGW? Here is where we go back to what meowcaster1 said on pg 42. PKD has a few more great rides than BGW, some of BGW's rides are great, and to help level it off they have food, live entertainment, and a good landscape.

robvia
12-18-2004, 09:47 PM
Well, then the next thread needs to discuss where people are going next year in terms of "blockbusters."

Will TR TR at PKD and this dark ride be enough to bring destination travelers in?

I dunno, It's not on my plans right now.

But I've definately got BGT for May, and then SFNJ and surrounding parks sometime after that depending on how the coaster runs.

I dunno, a dark ride and TR TR just doesn't do it for me. PKD could have hit a home run and instead, they went clone on us and a bad one at that. I'm not going to reward parks for family rides, otherwise, we won't see coasters for years. Backwards? Yes. Busch doesn't install coasters until attendance drops, so I'm not going until they do.

Montu Man
12-18-2004, 10:24 PM
Does anyone have building costs? SM was $100,000,000. Universal has lots of bling-bling...lol. I havn't heard of Busch spending $100,000,000 for a single ride, especially when their opening a new coaster at a sister park.

bigbadwolf501
12-19-2004, 12:00 AM
meowcoaster- u said that BGW's prices are the same as the orlando parks. yeah 50$ is a lot for a park but i would spend it in a heartbeat for BGW. The disney parks now are what, almost 60$, and look at what their parks have to offer. Yeah, disney has great service, atmosphere, theming, and so on, but they really don't have that many major coasters. BGW is like ure theme park w/ all the big coasters but w/ the same quality, service, atmosphere, and theming as a disney park. i would much rather pay this amount of monet than spend on say MK where it would be extremely crowded and not have that many "big coasters." Another thing, why is everybody saying this will be a family ride? it looks to be really thrilling and exciting. just because its a dark ride dosent mean its a family ride.

likeminded
12-19-2004, 08:31 AM
I can't believe all the negativity and "it's all about us" mentality going on around here. First, I don't see how anyone can say that the ride won't be thrilling. They have specifically stated that is what it is designed for. Second, it's not just the same as Spiderman. Just because it is similar does not make it the same thing. Otherwise, you could really say that all launch coasters, inverted coasters, etc., were esentially the same thing. Obviously, BGW wouldn't be putting in something like this and making comments about "smashing the barriers of dark ride technology" if it wasn't going to be able to do it better than Spiderman, which is a few years old. I'm sure ride engineers and many others have looked at that ride and determined how to take the idea to the next level, which is what they say they are doing here. It's just like when a park puts in a new coaster of some sort. Most of them have a similar idea, but most of them try to take it to the next level: speed, height, inversions, whatever. I would recommend that you all stop griping until you have actually ridden it and see what they do. Personally, I think it will be awesome.
Also, not every park can do nothing but put in coasters. BGW is a family park and always will be and, while I love the thrill rides, it's nice to have a park like BGW that isn't a cement field with rides on it (like some parks are.) If you don't want to come to our park, then don't come to our park. Whining about how your not coming because it is not a coaster does nothing. BGW is doing what they are doing, and I am sure many people will be satisfied with it (and I bet it will serve to draw people and increase attendance.)
Finally, I am not so sure I would agree that BGW is nothing but a regional park. No, it's not like the Disney parks, or even CP but I am willing to bet it draws people from a decent distance....especially when you consider all the tourism that goes with Williamsburg, Virginia Beach, etc.
Okay, my rant is over. Let's all just relax and wait to see what it is like. If we discover that it blows once we've ridden it, well then we'll have reason to gripe.

DisGardeVersal
12-19-2004, 03:36 PM
likeminded, thank you, SO MUCH, for finally being the person to put it into perspective like that.

Montu Man
12-19-2004, 04:55 PM
Still, it would be hard to believe Busch is spending $100,000,000 on this, like Universal did on SM.

bigbadwolf501
12-19-2004, 05:11 PM
just one more thingi would like to say- the people who are saying they are dissapointed because this ride is not a coaster should get over it. we pretty much knew that this wasn't going to be a big B&M coaster since last year when the first bit of info was released. just wait a few more years and they'll come out w/ a great coaster like always

coasterdude28
12-19-2004, 05:19 PM
i am not dissapointed about this ride at all but there will always be the group of people that will always complain about something. if a park makes a ride better than a similar ride at a different park, people will be upset because it is a ripoff or they're home park no longer holds the record. there will always be those few complainers that can not just be happy at a new addition. when i go into a official construction thread i like to read about construction and details about a ride. i dont like to read post after post of complaints. therefore i am going to start a thread for complainers. if you want to complain about a ride go to that thread and leave this thread open for constuction.

NYnehalem
12-19-2004, 05:27 PM
^^
when I went to dc a few years bac, I made my parents take me hours out of our way to BGw, I choose it over six flags and PKD becuase I knew we would all have more fun there then at those more thrill oriented parks.

Jerry S
12-19-2004, 07:19 PM
just one more thingi would like to say- the people who are saying they are dissapointed because this ride is not a coaster should get over it. we pretty much knew that this wasn't going to be a big B&M coaster since last year when the first bit of info was released. just wait a few more years and they'll come out w/ a great coaster like always

I really thought it'd be a robocoaster, not a big B&M. Anyway, they aren't gonna get a new ride for a while now probly, unless I'm going to jinx it now.

rollerfreaker
12-19-2004, 11:10 PM
unfortunately for all of you, no of you know what this thing is going to be...all of you are guessing and hoping...not one person in this thread knows and the speculation and the rumors are absolutely hilarious. until the ride opens, no one except the bgw employees will know...but it is funny to see all these rumors...oh, and aren't rumors supposed to not be placed here??

imhotep
12-20-2004, 01:33 AM
From what I understand, a huge portion of Spidermans cost was the 3D.. They used 3D stereoscopic projection, making it so you are able to view the 3d movie while in motion. Im sure that development alone was daunting cost a pretty penny. It was a few years in the making.. plus, they had to lineup the sets to the movie, and make it look as though they stayed lined up as you moved by.. alot more involved than just a standard movie. The ride technology -as in the cars- is probably just a tiny bit more advanced than whats currently available, so that probably didnt cost a whole lot more than the standard. I dont think DK is using 3D stereoscopic projection, just regular like the mummy dark rides. Id say it would cost more than the mummy rides.. probably a bit more considering they had to create a new building for DK.

Wes
12-20-2004, 08:24 AM
Everyone complained when Tomb Raider was opened at PKI that it wasn't a coaster.

You know what, I don't even care! that ride is awesome! I'm hoping for the same thing for DarKastle.

BuschGardensfan
12-20-2004, 03:38 PM
I think that the ride seems like it will keep it riders on their toes. I have only visited Busch Gardens williamsburg once, but I loved every minute of it, and I am probably going to go bac if i don't get this Cedar Point job i'm trying for.

hulkrider04
12-20-2004, 06:13 PM
I hope it will be better than SM.

Montu Man
12-22-2004, 04:01 PM
Id say it would cost more than the mummy rides.. probably a bit more considering they had to create a new building for DK. I don't think so. Mummy has three launches, a backwards part, switch track, turntable, some excellent annimatronics, and other stuff. I havn't heard all of those above mentioned things about this ride. But then again, we don't know all that much about this ride.

hulkrider04
12-22-2004, 07:30 PM
mummy cost 40 mil

Montu Man
12-23-2004, 09:44 AM
Yeah I know, but since we know so little about BGW's ride, we shouldn't start making cost estimates right now.

It's my 1111th post!

StevenV
12-24-2004, 01:18 PM
I have seen the QuickTime video from BG's website of this dark ride and looks like while you are going on an S-pattern on one side of the building you are going uphill. You have to pause the video and look really hard to see the curved course of this ride. The later half of the ride is too difficult to make out due to the CAD computer illustration.

magnumxl2005
12-25-2004, 11:29 AM
Yea It could be some type of an incline or just a simple turn.

Montu Man
01-01-2005, 05:06 PM
Update: I might be going to BGW next summer to see this. Me and a friend have been planing this trip, and we are both not sure if it can top Spider Man. We shall see this summer...

hulkrider04
01-02-2005, 07:18 PM
I might be going too. My mom really wants to go to the historical junk.

robvia
01-09-2005, 09:27 PM
I dunno, somewhere in there I have plans.

But PKD didn't come thru. All that feedback and they go and install TR TR, lame.

Right now I'm planning spring trips. West Coast Bash (WCB) is the main one.

I dunno, Paramount is getting lost in the shuffle. They announce some big coaster for PKI but no one cares. Then they announce TR TR at PKD and that's like the ultimate mistake. What are they thinking?

Did anyone ask for TR TR at PKD?

Wes
01-10-2005, 08:20 AM
I dunno, somewhere in there I have plans.

But PKD didn't come thru. All that feedback and they go and install TR TR, lame.

Right now I'm planning spring trips. West Coast Bash (WCB) is the main one.

I dunno, Paramount is getting lost in the shuffle. They announce some big coaster for PKI but no one cares. Then they announce TR TR at PKD and that's like the ultimate mistake. What are they thinking?

Did anyone ask for TR TR at PKD?

Have you even ridden the Tomb Raider at PKI? It's currently my favorite flat ride, although PKD's is going to be outside, but I'm sure it will be fun as well.

CoasterDJ
01-10-2005, 11:35 AM
Have you even ridden the Tomb Raider at PKI? It's currently my favorite flat ride, although PKD's is going to be outside, but I'm sure it will be fun as well.

You know, I commented on this, but then deleted it since I realized it got off the topic of BGW in '05. That said...ideas and plans are frequently made more than a year in advance. I mean, seriously....PKD had promo stuff up in their Congo area for at least a couple of years....so the planning for this could have come about a long time ago. But seriously, what does it matter if the ride is good regardless?

Wes
01-10-2005, 12:58 PM
Well in regard to your earlier post, the feedback and the surveys don't neccesarily mean they will build that ride the next year.

2003 we saw the Italian Job ride on the survey and 2005 they are building 2 of those.

It takes time and planning to build these rides.

And myself personally I'd love to have a TR Top spin any day. They aren't a coaster, but they are a lot of fun!

And we are off topic anyway as you already stated.

Back to your regularlly scheduled BGW thread...

rocketchk
01-10-2005, 03:02 PM
From the Daily Press today:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/rocketchk/bgw/bgw22.jpg

And a bit of a surprise, something else very cool is going up right down the road....http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/rocketchk/bgw/bgw234.jpg

Jessica

HPStormRunner22
01-10-2005, 03:21 PM
Oh yeah the Great Wolf Lodge is also getting built. They have a lot of work ot do on this. It is going to get up to 75 this week down there so they will be able to get a lot of work done hopefully. No complaining about the cold.

DarKastleFreak
01-10-2005, 10:03 PM
The Great Wolf Lodge? What's that going to be? Is that the second picture Rocketchk posted? It looks like a children's play area. It seems very water oriented to me. Does anyone else think that? (like because of the type of slide? It may just be me.) And indoor? Where does BGW have room for that? I'm guessing from the wolf name it's in Germany, but where exactly? Where Drachen Fire used to be?

Montu Man
01-10-2005, 10:08 PM
The Great Wold Lodge is sepreate form Busch. It is an indoor water park resort thingy. They are quicly expanding.

DarKastleFreak
01-10-2005, 10:10 PM
Oh...OK. Thanks!

DaBGWFreak
01-11-2005, 10:51 AM
its supposed to be in yorktown right?

bk2004
01-11-2005, 11:23 AM
Oh, they are getting a Great Wolf Lodge too for 2005? That's neat. I hope that thing goes to good use. It seems as if business wouldn't be the best in that area, but since BGW is there, then they should have good attendence throught the year it's open.

rocketchk
01-11-2005, 03:19 PM
^^ James City County/Yorktown, whichever you want to call it.

Jessica

Montu Man
01-11-2005, 03:35 PM
Does anyone know if BGW will make another announcement. I don't really call a news broadcast an announcement.

DisGardeVersal
01-12-2005, 08:13 PM
WHOA. OMG! The news about the ride was in this thread all along, right from the start too. it was freakylick's quote ""Have fun Stormin' the castle"". Like twilight zone type thing going on here. Whoa.

magnumxl2005
01-12-2005, 08:16 PM
Uh sorry I dont know what you ment in that post?

intamin101
01-12-2005, 08:47 PM
Oh, they are getting a Great Wolf Lodge too for 2005? That's neat. I hope that thing goes to good use. It seems as if business wouldn't be the best in that area, but since BGW is there, then they should have good attendence throught the year it's open.
Yeah, thats true. I mean, its not like the Williamsburg area is a major travel destination or anything. Especially not for families that would be visiting historic Williamsburg and would also be interested in family waterparks. Thats true, business is poor in those "travel town" type places. Good call chief.

DisGardeVersal
01-12-2005, 10:02 PM
Uh sorry I dont know what you ment in that post?

What I meant whas that its really strange that a quote taken from the princess bride (a really good movie), "Have fun stormin' the castle" that has been used by freakylick as his quote this whole time since the beginning of this thread. It just happens to be an insane coincidence that it perfectly links up to Curse Of Darkastle. "have fun stormin' the castle"
"you ride around viewing the castles historic chambers" or sumthin like that. It's just one incredible insane coincidence.

Montu Man
01-12-2005, 10:11 PM
intamin101 is back!

How much is this ride costing???

ErioL
01-13-2005, 09:44 AM
What I meant whas that its really strange that a quote taken from the princess bride (a really good movie), "Have fun stormin' the castle" that has been used by freakylick as his quote this whole time since the beginning of this thread. It just happens to be an insane coincidence that it perfectly links up to Curse Of Darkastle. "have fun stormin' the castle"
"you ride around viewing the castles historic chambers" or sumthin like that. It's just one incredible insane coincidence. Coincidence yes, though I don't think this kind of ride was totally unforeseen.

<<<<900th post.

DisGardeVersal
01-18-2005, 10:13 PM
Anyone here but me think this ride might create a big sceneric, theming adjustment in the Oktoberfest section, other than me. Like what happened when Alpengiest was built, that certainly changed that part of the park. Another example, Escape From Pompeii, and yet another one, Apollo's Chariot. Now, I know the change wont be as crazy as it was when AC was bulit, the whole place in and around the area got renovated. but still, we might see the same thing that happened where EFP is. New look, big gigantic themed building, different music playing, etc, etc.

Jerry S
01-19-2005, 08:13 AM
^ I think this ride is a big piece of scenic and theming adjustment. It's barely a ride, and they call it thrill ride. The AC midway did change that part of the park, but there wasn't much there anyway. This might change it a little bit, but I think Das Festhaus will overpower it's existence, like what happened to Drachen Fire. The park needs huge signs pointing to the Curse of DarKastle, not simply a banner over the entrance, that no one will notice and force it into closing, and never letting me ride, and having to be replaced, with a boring, family, simulator!!!!!

Sorry, Drachen Fire again. I'm dissapointed with this park. They can't charge twice the price of Dorney Park (in september and october), and have only 3 rides that I would go out of my way for.

DisGardeVersal
01-19-2005, 05:56 PM
Whoa, don't jump to conclusions like that. especially crazy, whacky and outrageous ones like that. Plus we've already been over this, they already have a simulator. And plus, did you look at the picture of the ride on the website, seeing a giant castle turret with ice oozing out of it, connected to a huge stone castle just might possibly make someone say...

"hey, that looks pretty cool, lets check it out"

and then their buddy will say....

"it would have to be a big ride at the park to be themed like that"

and then they just might agree to get in the line, and go on the ride.

(Out of curiosity, what might those three rides be?)

Dukeis#1
01-19-2005, 06:30 PM
Sorry, Drachen Fire again. I'm dissapointed with this park. They can't charge twice the price of Dorney Park (in september and october), and have only 3 rides that I would go out of my way for.

Busch Gardens is about more than rides. Haven't you seen any of the animal exhibits? What about the Shows and European attractions? The amazing beauty & cleanliness of the park? From what I've seen Dorney Park is just about thrill rides...

Based on what all that BGW offers, I think they have the right to charge twice that of a normal run-of-the-mill park's admission. It's practically the closest thing to a Disney/Universal expierience you'll find in a regional park that is only open 7/12 months of the year.

DarKastleFreak
01-19-2005, 07:04 PM
I don't think they'll change the festhaus yet (even though it's outdated-That place still has a stained glass window for each country including Hastings). The most I think they'll change for this ride at this point is maybe the t-shirt shop beside it, possibly relocate the few little kiddie rides beside it to dragon land or something, and possibly alter the bridge into Octoberfest (though I doubt it's likely-The bridge could serve as a cool place from which to see DarKastle).

Also, about the tower, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought it was dry ice going down the sides. When I comented on it to some of my friends they said they thought it was water going down the sides with mist spraying down at the base. It seems more cost effective for the park that way.

DisGardeVersal
01-19-2005, 08:05 PM
I doubt they'll change Das Festhaus, it has too many memories behind it. Plus, the food service is great, the best in the park by my opinion. but I'm sure some people here would debate against me saying Trappers Smokehouse is better. Does anyone here know what the Festhaus's burgermeister's name was, and how long he worked for them, the place is just too important to readjust because thrillseekers, like myself and others want more. They've probably designed a way to make a nice transition between the ride and the more Oktoberfest themed area. About the stained glass inside Das Festhaus, ive seen that too, it's been a while, and one of the things on it still says Hastings, im not sure if they haven't noticed this but, by now they should have. Don't worry, they'll change it to say Ireland like it should.

Jerry S
01-20-2005, 07:44 AM
THose three rides are Apengeist, Apollo's Chariot, and Loch Ness Monster. Big Bad Wolf could be too, because it's not a bad ride, and it was my first ever coaster. But see, there's where the dissapointment is coming from: Those 4 coasters have been there since 1999, when the price to enter the park was 42 bucks, then it went up to 44, then 48, now it's over 50. And what changed about the ride collection since 1999?

-2 coasters
+ new simulator
+ new simulator that moves on a track

bigbadwolf501
01-20-2005, 12:16 PM
well, they did spend some money on the new restaurant, Trapper;s Smokehouse, in 2003 and on Imaginique in 2002. Also the haunted lighthouse had to cost some money. thats proab;y why the price has gone up a little every year. besides, the price is well worth what you are paying for. i dont think its too expensive considering all they have to offer.

DaBGWFreak
01-20-2005, 01:24 PM
Another reason for price increases could be because BGW is really pushing for people to get a season pass... they have increased this push for the past couple of years now.

DarKastleFreak
01-20-2005, 01:48 PM
But that doesn't make sence. (or cents LOL) They won't make as much money if people buy season passes rather than tickets.

Jerry S
01-20-2005, 03:52 PM
It's dumb because that area is half residential, half resort, so the amount of season pass buyers will be cut in half. Plus, they have alot taken away by PKD, who has more coasters, launchers, and a dop tower.

coasterclint
01-20-2005, 07:22 PM
Yeah PKD may have more coasters but the atmuspher at BGW is much better, and the coasters are higher quality. LoL The food is better to.

I was just talking to BGW today and they said they were not opening Darkasel tell April. that sucks because the park opens in March

DarKastleFreak
01-20-2005, 08:03 PM
That's good! At first, they said early May.

thecrazie1
01-20-2005, 10:21 PM
From what i hear about the ride is that they aren't even finished building it yet... There are still parts of the ride that are closed for construction. BGW is going to start testing the ride either in the end of janurary or begining of feburary so they can get the approval to open the ride to the public...

This ride will not be hidden, its huge its a lot bigger then the festhaus

coasterclint
01-20-2005, 11:03 PM
LOL it cant be hidden... the bilding is huge. It was visable all this year.

DarKastleFreak
01-20-2005, 11:42 PM
I'm hoping that the'll at least take down that huge wall by March even though the ride won't be open. I really want to get a look at that ride!

thecrazie1
01-21-2005, 02:42 AM
They most likely won't take the wall down, what they'll do is put little peep holes in the wall like they did when they were building Ireland... They are trying their best to keep everything top secret

DarKastleFreak
01-21-2005, 10:37 AM
I have very few memories of them building new things. With the exception of Apollo's Charriot and DarKastle, I have never seen a wall around an attraction that they're building before. The year they were building Ireland I didn't go to the park and before that I was too young to care. But they did put peepholes in the wall? That sounds neat. The only reason I thought they would take down the wall was to connect the path to DarKastle with the rest of Octoberfest.

StevenV
01-21-2005, 10:50 AM
Oh, they put up walls all over the bridge in the Rhineland area of the park (over the LeScoot log flume area), as well as the bottom of the Rhine River bridge area when Alpengeist was being built. There was also a wall and sign when Escape from Pompeii was being built too - the "Big Surprise in '95" thing.

bigbadwolf501
01-21-2005, 12:15 PM
i e-mailed the park asking when they plan to have it open and they said early may. at least they're not waiting till memorial weekend.

Wes
01-21-2005, 12:57 PM
Well SFOG told people that Deja Vu would be open in the spring and it didn't open till the fall. So things sometimes change.

DisGardeVersal
01-21-2005, 04:05 PM
I sent the park an actual mail letter, not email, in, I think it was july of 2004, they stilll haven't answered me back, I'll have to change it around some, then I'll make another copy and mail that.
Also were talking about how we remember things being built, i remember alpengeist, I was walking right in that area where the "frozen over fountain" in front of alpengeist but thats just a location teller(bad vocabulary). There was a wall up(obviously) and it showed people on the front car, upside down on the huge loop, in skiing wear.
I also remeber watching them put the top flat piece, after the little drop at the top of AC in to place one day,
I remember Ireland, with the holes in the wall of course, but i didn't stop by, I wasn't too thrilled about a country just being renovated, and they took out the shooting gallery in hastings for ireland, which I didnt' like too well.
I also remember when Pompeii first opened, the walkout bridge to get wet wasn't there but my friend stopped to watch a boat come down, and he was standing in the perfect place to get the most water on him, he was just soaked.

thecrazie1
01-21-2005, 04:10 PM
Yea, the most anyone will get out of busch is what they have already told us about it. The Senior areas in the park (high bosses if you guys didn't know :-P) don't have a clue about it yet, they have only taken a tour.

They might have the wall moved back some, because of the high attendance they are expecting this coming year!

Wes
01-21-2005, 04:39 PM
BGW is actually really good about returning mail and email. I've done both several times either for compliments on service or suggestions, etc. They always get back with you.

Did you mail it to the address they list on the website?

DisGardeVersal
01-21-2005, 06:21 PM
Yes I did, I checked the address 5 times to make sure it was the right one. I Kindly asked them if they could give me aclue as to what they were building at the time, they could have at least written me back saying, we are sorry this information is classified, or something like that.

Wes
01-21-2005, 08:56 PM
They probably were too busy laughing there heads off when they read it ;)

No park is going to write back and tell you what they ar building. Because they know you would immediatley log onto TN and tell the world.

DisGardeVersal
01-21-2005, 09:28 PM
at that time, i wasn't registered to thrill network, but, I figured if I ask for the whole thing, they might give me something, i.e., a press release date such as December 15th, that's all I really wanted.

thecrazie1
01-21-2005, 10:37 PM
they were way to busy to hand write you a letter, i'm suprised they didn't send you the flyer! They sent a lot of people this B.S flyer! All it was, was the picture of the sign and what it said... I would have prefered to of heard nothing:p

DisGardeVersal
01-21-2005, 11:10 PM
HaHa, I think I would have liked the flyer, even though it barely has any connection to the ride, but, still, it just looks downright cool.

thecrazie1
01-22-2005, 03:24 AM
True! But you can always say that anything at busch looks cool! Infact, i know this is really random but, They just got a pair of armidillos this season for a new animal show! How crazy is that... Busch gardens isn't the old country anymore! :p

bigbadwolf501
01-22-2005, 12:02 PM
i just read an interview over at coaster-net.com w/ cindy sarko, who works at busch gardens and she said that curse of darkastle will open April 30th along w/ a new restaurant/merchandise area. so now we know the exact date of opening.

thecrazie1
01-22-2005, 12:46 PM
thats awesome im going to go read that myself!

DarKastleFreak
01-22-2005, 06:59 PM
YES! I'm glad that we now have a target date. On Saturday, April 30,Busch Gardens will be open from 10AM to 10PM. I can't wait!! The most recent map I have on file (yes, I know I'm obsessed) says Germany opens at 11:00, but that is from Howl-o-Scream 2004. It also says England is open at 9:30, so it obviously isn't on the same schedule as it will be in April, but it gives us a window of when Oktoberfest will be open. Also, major rides have specific opening times on this map, so it might not open right at 11:00.

thecrazie1
01-22-2005, 08:57 PM
Yea the different Villages all have different opening times... And usually on Saturdays they would open wolf at 10:30... but since its the new ride they would probably open it later so there could be more hype or something!

I was thinking about this... Which Celenrity do you BGW will get to ride The ride for the first time? i hope its someone cool!

Jerry S
01-22-2005, 10:19 PM
^Someone German, or Austrian...........(Arnold!!)

thecrazie1
01-23-2005, 04:39 AM
That Would be so cool... Hopefully he won't be another Fabio :p

HPStormRunner22
01-23-2005, 07:14 AM
^ Busch Gardens should release a flock of Geese inside the ride just so they could hit him. That would be pretty funny. lol

Jerry S
01-23-2005, 11:17 AM
Maybe they'll have George Bush though, because Arnold is way over in California, and Bush is usually onl 3-4 hours away.

bigbadwolf501
01-31-2005, 02:51 PM
on bgw's website they have some construction pics from january. the theming looks awesome!