PDA

View Full Version : Let's Revive TNPP

Valpengeist
03-27-2004, 06:35 PM
Let's face it. TNPP as we once knew it is dead.

And let's face something else. We're never going to be able to have such a contest like it was- we don't have enough people or the speed to produce parks once a month for it to be a quality contest.

I say we bring back TNPP. Sort of.

Turn it into a twice or thrice-a-year contest. This gives everyone 4-6 months to complete a park. Easy shmeazy.

We advertise the contest beginning now, but start a larger campaign 3-4 weeks before the due date. Anyone from anywhere can enter any RCT or RCT2 park in it.

There will be 4 "judges." Two should be big names in the community (ex: NE parkmakers), one will be the previous winner of the contest, and the other will be a member vote. All the final tallies would be ranked in order; in case of a tie, we pick a tiebreaker judge.

There will be two areas of winners. First, there would be an overall winner and an overall runner-up or two. Second, there would be a TN winner and a TN runner-up to reward TN parkmakers. They must be semi-active members of the site.

To attract others, we could possibly offer prizes such as cash, merchandise, or something like that.

Making this a 2-3X-annual contest would help create a lot more hype. Who knows?-this could become a big event in the RCT community.

Just my thoughts... and I think it could work. Anyone else have any ideas?

coasetrphil
03-27-2004, 06:37 PM
I keep saying this, but Steven told me a while ago that he was going to implement a new contest once the new site was running the way he wanted to.

Valpengeist
03-27-2004, 06:49 PM
Maybe he will. And it will be wonderful. Yay.

But I think doing something like ^^ wouldn't be too shabby. Thrillnetwork just doesn't have a big enough community to support any contest much bigger than what I suggested.

What new site anyway?

vidgms2
03-27-2004, 07:35 PM
Why don't you just get 5 judges to begin with so there won't have to be a tie breaker judge.

Matt M
03-27-2004, 07:43 PM
Hopefully this will bring more people to the RCT area. Sounds like a good plan.

Alex Westerman
03-28-2004, 10:37 AM
We are integrating SpeedZone into the look of the rest of the site and also fixed some backend issues.

With TN running the offcial NoLimits contest now I think that alot more people will start to move to the other areas of SpeedZone too.

http://www.thrillnetwork.com/features/nolimits/contesthome

ride6
03-31-2004, 09:13 PM
No Limits has really taken off recently. A big problem with what happened to the TNPP's was the fact that when there wasn't more than 3-4 entries we canceled it and unfortunenly that's driven me of to New Element. As a parkbuilder NE has forced me to grow alot faster than the confortable enviroment we have here. I would even come back and do a park or two for another contest, if there ever is one...

In the mean time I think I'll use this as more of a real coasters/parks site and keep my RCT life away. I will finish my part in the Six Flags group park in a week or so since spring break is starting...

But this should be revised in some way since I'm still wairing the lable of "Golden TNPP winner" from last June when I finished my Busch Gardens Aquaridica park... That was three full projects and 2 minis ago...

Skye
05-08-2004, 05:07 PM
The problem is is that it's (PP) hidden away on this site and not many people realise it's there.

Anyway i think that people are bored of rct2; better just to reorganise the competition was rct3 is realeased

ride6
05-08-2004, 05:16 PM
That idea of people "being bored" of RCT2 is a lie. Most of the parkmakers at NE still play RCT/LL for Chirst's sake. RCT2 just died out here because we did get a large enough base of productive RCTer's playing. I like the idea but I personally feel that if it was going to happen at all then we would've had to keep it alive last summer, which didn't happen. I'd love to see this come back, but if it never does I won't be hurt. I've found NE to be a confortable home for parkmaking and I might not come back for more than a park or two even if this feature returned.

If it does return we must make it prominent, like in the "features" box for a week or two in order to excite support a month or two before the contest starts and then the winners should be prominently displayed their as well. Additonal rewards similar to the NL winners season passes etc, should also be offered to winners. A record of similar to that for spotlights and NE or Vacation Parks and RCT2.com would have to be set up.

Really it's more work than it'll likely be worth.

coasetrphil
05-09-2004, 05:30 PM
People that would participate in TNPP are bored with RCT2. The interest in the game on this site has really faded, and I don't think this contest would really be enough to get people interested in the game again.

ride6
05-09-2004, 07:50 PM
It was the people's lack of interest here that caused me to move over to New Element. Over there it's all about RCT, weither it be LL or 2.

Skye
05-11-2004, 07:28 PM
That idea of people "being bored" of RCT2 is a lie. Most
If it does return we must make it prominent, like in the "features" box for a week or two in order to excite support a month or two before the contest starts

Exactly, it's all or nothing.

The contest won't get any more popular.I'm bored of rct2 now anyway, but rct3 should be interesting.

I agree, i don't think much will happen so just forget about it.

Could you put my abstract park up at NE? It's the only park i ever finished, and i really liked it. Only a few people here downloaded it; it would be interesting to what more people thought of it. I need to find it though...........

here it is......

http://www.thrillnetwork.com/speedzone/view.php?file=75