PDA

View Full Version : Parks you are gonna miss

CoolCoasterKid
05-05-2001, 09:49 AM
Over the years, several parks have gone under due to lack of money, bulldozing, lack of space, etc. Which park are you going to miss the most? I'll say that I miss Palisades Park the most. Though I never went there, I have a video of it and it looks like they had a really cool roller coaster. I wish that it wasn't torn down. What others are there?<BR><BR><font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: boardadmin on 2001-07-14 16:18 ]</font>

Shades
05-05-2001, 07:41 PM
I really miss Boblo Island (Canada). The ferries are about five minutes from my house, and it was a cute little park before the gangs hit it. It's where I got my start on coasters, and it will be missed.

flcoasterfan
05-06-2001, 09:29 PM
Boardwalk and Baseball. . .Too bad that park went under, the two coasters there were my first "real" coasters. At least I can make a trip to Arkansas to ride the Arkansas Twister formally known as the Florida Hurricane. I can still remember riding that so many years ago. Also the Double-O or Zoomerang that was transported to the Fun Spot in Indiana as the Afterburner. Does anyone know if that park is still open?