PDA

View Full Version : New Coasters you may of missed.

roomraider
04-07-2004, 09:49 PM
Heya Guys
Been a while since ive been round here :)
2004 may not be the best year for coasters but theres still plenty cool stuff going on.

2004 sees Nasu Highlands in Japan get 2 brand new coasters to their collection.

1) Panic Drive - This wild car themed Meisho Wild mouse coaster was built at tarakazuka family land but has been rebuilt after that park closed last year. (unfortunatly Speed Bobsleigh, a Schwartzer Jet Star was removed for this ride. I am under the impression it has been moved to a smaller park but cannot confirm this yet)
http://nasuhai.co.jp/guide/coaster/spead/index.html

2) The 2nd and much more exciting is the 2nd incarnation of Meisho's Spinning Coaster. (the first at Porto Europa also in Japan http://www.sanoyas-leisure.com/product/rc017.html) although i have no specific stats. I do know the ride will pass through the loop of the parks Meisho "Big Boom Coaster".

B&M are also active this year. 2004 sees Kuwaits first B&M. the Batman Clone was confirmed at IAAPA although "kuwait city park" was the given name i believe this is not the case as i can find no such info on any park. However the popular Al Shaab park (home of the worlds only working Pipeline coaster) has posted the following about several new rides

Would you strap yourself into a canvas wrap, attached to a bungee cord and be tossed around fifteen stories off the ground?

Would you climb into a small car, buckle up the seat belt and plunge down a wooden track?

Do you like being flipped upside down at racing speeds
around hairpin curves?

Draw your own conclusions but i belive the third one to be Batman. What the wooden thing is is anyones guess :)

The Rusutsu Resort also in japan (home to the only Ultra Twister with a dive loop) is also building a Meisho Wild Mouse. The ride is apparently from another park (possibly Yokohama Dreamland)

Al Shallal Theme Park in Saudi Arabia is building a Vekoma Boomerang
http://ft.digital-coaster.com/country/saudi/al/boomerang

Metropolitan Park in lebanon is also building a Boomerang and better yet a Maurer Shone Spinning coaster to go with it. (the layout looks pretty cool)

and last but not least (for this post anyway) there is a Bobsled coaster called Aqua wind that has just opened at laguna in Japan in the new "Viva Plaza" area of the park
http://www.laguna-gamagori.co.jp/lagnasia/new_open/index.html

More soon im sure :P
cheers

coasterlove
04-08-2004, 12:05 AM
I don't think many people will really care since the coasters you mention are outside the U.S and North America for that matter. Plus the coasters for the most part aren't anything big or grounbreaking. The possible Batman clone that is going to Kuwait, we have so many Batman clones here, it isn't a big deal since none of us will ever ride it over there. I don't think that any of us will ever go to Kuwait of all places to ride a coaster. There practically neighbors with Iraq, probably the most dangerous place in the world right now. If one of these coasters was something huge, we might hear more about it, but since not, I doubt we will.

Dukeis#1
04-08-2004, 02:25 AM
2004 may not be the best year for coasters but theres still plenty cool stuff going on.

You mean a Kick-Ass CGI, a huge Rocket Coaster, and another great B&M Invert is not enough for you? ;)

Matt M
04-08-2004, 07:44 AM
^Yeah it isn't apparently for lots fo people

Anyways, I am intrigued to find out more about this bobsled coaster. It sounds very interesting.

roomraider
04-08-2004, 07:58 AM
don't think many people will really care since the coasters you mention are outside the U.S and North America for that matter

Please dont tell me that you and everyone else here is that ignorant....?
To be honest i have less desire to visit the USA and ride the coasters there than i do most countries in the east. (thailand in 2 weeks :) )

the bobsled it a Geurstlaurer Bobsled not the traditional sence lol.

Knatte
04-08-2004, 08:08 AM
Coasterlove (change it to coasterlove_in_US_only), you have apparently never read any of Dave's (roomraida) posts as your comments is pretty stupip and makes little different on what he will post in the future.
For us other who really like roller coasters and not only the ones in your own region, we actually find it interesting what's going on in other places on Earth and like what Dave posts and finds on the internet regarding roller coasters.
So be nice and keep your ugly comments for yourself.

coasetrphil
04-08-2004, 10:35 AM
Thanks for the information roomie. Its nice to get some news about the rides most of us never really hear about.

TDMAMBA
04-08-2004, 10:43 AM
One of the best coasters ever built SD2K is not in the US and I'm jealous for it too

coasterlove
04-09-2004, 03:57 AM
Coasterlove (change it to coasterlove_in_US_only), you have apparently never read any of Dave's (roomraida) posts as your comments is pretty stupip and makes little different on what he will post in the future.
For us other who really like roller coasters and not only the ones in your own region, we actually find it interesting what's going on in other places on Earth and like what Dave posts and finds on the internet regarding roller coasters.
So be nice and keep your ugly comments for yourself.

Calm down! If you don't agree with me...fine, but I wasn't critsizing him. Just mentionig there wouldn't or hasn't been a lot of interest becasue they weren't in this country and most wouldn't get a chance to ride them and most of the coasters her mentioned weren't amazing rides. I don't know why everyone takes everything so personal. Sorry if I offended anyone.

DerMorgan
04-09-2004, 06:27 AM
i personally think it's interesting to hear about random out of the way coasters. i've ridden most of the major coasters in the states, and now in europe, too. it's nice to know there's even more out there to conquer.

coasterlove, please don't assume that everyone at thrillnetwork is american and/or lives in the USA. i grew up in the states, but live in germany now. it's unfortunately very typical-american to beleive that the USA is the center of the universe. i guess i was caught in that trap for a long time, too, but it's definitely not true. there's some rockin rides over here in europe, (let me just say collossus at heide park or expedition g-force at holiday park), and as roomraider points out, interesting stuff happening in the rest of the world, too. try to open your eyes a little bit.

Hector
04-09-2004, 06:57 AM
I for one am intrested and I live in the states. I knew about a few of the rides, mainly the new boomerangs and the new Batman clone, but it's always nice to hear awesome coasters are going in other places. I love what Gerstlaurer did with Roller Coaster (http://www.coastersandmore.de/rides/klottenpre/klottenpremaine.shtml) at Wild- & Freizeitpark Klotten in Germany, it looks to be another awesome 2004 coaster. Looking at the model of Aqua Wind (http://www.rcdb.com/installationgallery2591.htm?Picture=2), it looks to be a lot of fun as well.

Steven
04-09-2004, 11:05 AM
This site is not about US/North America only, Coasterlove. We cover worldwide coasters and rides, and it's responses like that that not only give many of us Americans a bad name, but burn any chances of any worldwide contributions anywhere. Point being, don't speak for all of us.

Thanks for the updates roomraider.

Coaster Freak
04-09-2004, 01:59 PM
North America is not the center of the Universe!!!! Its good to know what's happening in other parts of the world.

coasterlove
04-09-2004, 03:08 PM
Look, I already said I was sorry if my earlier post was misunderstood or I simply wasn't clear enough and I offended anyone. So why not just drop and get off my a-- (butt). I know that there are many great coasters in other countries, I'm not "ignorant"! I know about past recordbreakers like Steel Dragon 2000 or Dodonpa. Other coasters such as Air, the first B&M flyer and so on and so on.

Let me rephrase what I meant by my earlier post: when I said not many would, what I meant to say that interest wouldn't be really high since most wouldn't get a chance to ride those coasters ever. It had nothing to do with myself thinking that the U.S. is all there is when it comes to coasters. Just most people choose to talk about what is near them and will have a chance to actually ride. And I never spoke for everyone, I never said NO ONE AT ALL will want to talk about!!!

Just for example, remember back when coasters used to be divided around U.S. Coasters and world coasters? World coasters after a little while wasn't posted on very often. I remember one time I posted there and I was the last poster for at least a month! Think about that, no one posted there for a month! People will post about Iron Dragon being repainted, I believe it probably has over 100 posts in it. That's a coaster some people don't even like, but because its in the U.S. And at a very popular park, people talk about it.

Do you get what I'm saying? Even in this thread, half the posts have been more about insulting me and calling me ignorant over a misunderstanding than actually talking about the coasters Roomraider mentioned in the first place. Once again, I'm sorry Roomraider if I seemed to insult you, I didn't mean to if I did.

Chip
04-09-2004, 03:19 PM
and last but not least (for this post anyway) there is a Bobsled coaster called Aqua wind that has just opened at laguna in Japan in the new "Viva Plaza" area of the park
http://www.laguna-gamagori.co.jp/lagnasia/new_open/index.html

More soon im sure :P
cheersThanks Dave! These rule. I can't find anything with that link. What should I click on to see the bobsled coaster?

BryanWood
04-09-2004, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the info, Dave. I'm always interested in the unique coasters from around the world. Even though I'll never ride them, it's always cool to see and read about them. The new Intamin AquaTrax at Lotte World in Korea looks like an incredible coaster.

Cuddy
04-09-2004, 04:49 PM
Well, all I have to say is, must get RCT2 up and running again, perhaps NoLimits and get some re-creations done.

Haven't had a chance yet, raider of rooms (hehe), but I shall. Knowing you, they are always good pics.