PDA

View Full Version : Why can't we just kill trash like this?

coasterlove
04-30-2004, 05:47 PM
Here is a news story for the Chicago Tribune- April 30, 2004:

William Ligue Jr., who attacked a Kansas City Royals coach during a 2002 White Sox game, was arrested early Thursday after breaking into a car outside a Harvey pizzeria, officials said.
Ligue, 35, of Alsip was arrested by Harvey police about 2:30am. Thursday after breaking into a car parked near Papa Italino's Pizza, 59 W. 159th St., and stealing a stereo CD player, officials said....
....Ligue gained national notoriety after he and his 15 year old son leapt shirtless onto the Comisky Park field and pummeled Royals first-base coach Tom Gamboa during a September game, leaving Gamboa with permanent hearing loss....

Now my question is this, why can't we just kill people like this? They're repeat offender and are of no use to society. They are out to just hurt and steal from people. Its ridiculous that there are people like this who are just TRASH! At the the very least maybe we could have them castrated so they can't breed because their children end up being nothing but trash too as evidenced by his then 15 year old son taking part of the beating at the former Comiskey Park(now U.S. Cellular Field). What do you think? Shouldn't we just put a bullet in them and be done with it?

If you haven't ever read this thread, check through it and then read my recent post #72. If you've read this before and remember it, you can jump to that post, #72.

coasetrphil
04-30-2004, 06:09 PM
No, your want to kill everyone that doesn't behave correctly scares me.

Chris L
04-30-2004, 06:21 PM
Kill them? No. Severely discipline? Yes.

leeloo1953
04-30-2004, 06:30 PM
NO!! What you're saying is taking justice a bit to far for me. If you "kill" somebody, depending on the circumstances yes, you should be killed in return. I do believe that! But what you're saying no, that really is not right. He has never killed anybody, so no, his punishment shouldn't be death.

You're basically saying, let's go back to the Old West days. Steal a horse and you'll hang. Sorry, that's a bad way of thinking.

coasterlove
04-30-2004, 06:31 PM
No, your want to kill everyone that doesn't behave correctly scares me.

C'mon I was only being half...well ok, maybe more like 3/4ths serious. ;-)

Drewbie
04-30-2004, 06:32 PM
I say ship them back to Alabama where they belong, then turn the entire state into a Guantanamo Bay style prison for Rednecks.

edh101985
04-30-2004, 06:36 PM
You seriously need to take a law class.

The average incarceration rate of people who commit crimes after being put in prison is VERY high. You cant just kill anyone who breaks a law. The only way a person could be put to death is by murder. We have about 686 prisoners per 100,000 people in the United States. That is 68.8% of people in jail for every 100,000 people. Your idea is just stupid.

I still can't believe you have a sick and twisted mind to castrate or kill a person who does a crime over. OMG I just noticed this is coming from a 25 year old...... :eek: I would have thought this would have came from someone like 12.

coasetrphil
04-30-2004, 07:20 PM
Actually, my new vote is to kill anyone that says that someone else should be killed.

Oh crap, I have to be killed now.

General Public
04-30-2004, 08:11 PM
I would settle for coasterlove being laughed off the site at this point

Matt M
04-30-2004, 09:28 PM
Personally I think castrating people who are repeat raper people would lower that rate down some, but that's just me. I'm not one of those freaks in support or killing every fifth person to lower the population or something dumb like that.

Aaron
04-30-2004, 11:29 PM
Castration is just too cruel, I don't care how many people they rape. As for stupid people, well, you can always hope that they just end up killing themselves, just look at the Darwin Awards website.

TooTired
04-30-2004, 11:37 PM
You seriously need to take a law class.

The average incarceration rate of people who commit crimes after being put in prison is VERY high. You cant just kill anyone who breaks a law. The only way a person could be put to death is by murder. We have about 686 prisoners per 100,000 people in the United States. That is 68.8% of people in jail for every 100,000 people. Your idea is just stupid.

I still can't believe you have a sick and twisted mind to castrate or kill a person who does a crime over. OMG I just noticed this is coming from a 25 year old...... :eek: I would have thought this would have came from someone like 12.
Do you own a calculator? 686/100,000 = 0.00686 = %0.686

With you're math, 68,600 people out of every 100,000 are in jail.

EDIT: From what I heard on the news the other day they don't really have solid evidence that he did it. What they DO have is proof of him breaking his parol curfew. But I personally don't see a problem with that seeing as how the only reason he broke the curfew was to work a second job. Just remember, he's innocent until proven guilty. So don't kill him yet.

Magnum Robert
04-30-2004, 11:39 PM
Now my question is this, why can't we just kill people like this? They're repeat offender and are of no use to society. They are out to just hurt and steal from people. Its ridiculous that there are people like this who are just TRASH!
coasterlove - that wasn't a very "politically correct" thing to say. The liberals will jump all over you for that....oh wait, I see some already have, lol.

I think you've been watching the Fox News Channel too often (you know, that station that is just a big shill for conservatives/corporate America :rolleyes: ).

coasterguy1
05-01-2004, 12:01 AM
Do any of you really political people ever tire of blaming the conservatives/liberals?

TooTired
05-01-2004, 12:06 AM
Do any of you really political people ever tire of blaming the conservatives/liberals?
Well maybe if they'd just quit causing all the problems. :D

coasterlove
05-01-2004, 12:45 AM
LOL to almost everyone who posted in this reply that took things way too seriously. You guys sure are a sensitive bunch. Its funny how people will defend a criminal. These aren't petty crimes that he committed. The beating on the Kansas Royals base coach left him with PERMANENT hearing damage, it isn't coming back!!! It was by the luck of God that they didn't do more because it wasn't for a lack of trying on Ligue's part. How would you feel if that was someone you knew who was beaten? Maybe you'd feel differently then. I guess you are also a lucky bunch if you or someone you know has never been the victim of a serious crime. People like that rarely change, they just keep on committing these crimes over and over. So while many people take things too serious, so let me rephrase it, I'll put it this way, these people are of no good to our society and most times punishments are entirely too lenient for the crime that they have committed.

TooTired
05-01-2004, 12:48 AM
LOL to almost everyone who posted in this reply that took things way too seriously. You guys sure are a sensitive bunch. Its funny how people will defend a criminal. These aren't petty crimes that he committed. The beating on the Kansas Royals base coach left him with PERMANENT hearing damage, it isn't coming back!!! It was by the luck of God that they didn't do more because it wasn't for a lack of trying on Ligue's part. How would you feel if that was someone you knew who was beaten? Maybe you'd feel differently then. I guess you are also a lucky bunch if you or someone you know has never been the victim of a serious crime. People like that rarely change, they just keep on committing these crimes over and over. So while many people take things too serious, so let me rephrase it, I'll put it this way, these people are of no good to our society and most times punishments are entirely too lenient for the crime that they have committed.
You've never gotten drunk and done something stupid. A lot of people get angry at baseball games, and when you get alchohol involved things get ugly. Now killing a man for beating someone up is pretty ****ing harsh. The man lost his hearing so we should take the man at fault's life? So much for an eye for an eye.

People like you should be killed for not thinking logically. An eye for an eye is even harsh, but following that we should just cut the guys ear off. Not kill him.

Sparks
05-01-2004, 01:31 AM
I agrea with tOo tiredbut I think that he should have to have a harsher punishment then that just not kill him

coasterlove
05-01-2004, 01:44 AM
You've never gotten drunk and done something stupid. A lot of people get angry at baseball games, and when you get alchohol involved things get ugly. Now killing a man for beating someone up is pretty ****ing harsh. The man lost his hearing so we should take the man at fault's life? So much for an eye for an eye.

People like you should be killed for not thinking logically.

Have I ever done anything stupid when I've been drunk?.... Yes in fact I have....lets see, I've mooned my friends, made out with a girl that I knew had a boyfriend and I felt bad afterwards, I've even tried to beat up imaginary aliens in the sky and fell on my butt when I tried to a "Karate Kid" kick, but I've never tried to beat someone and hurt them for no reason. I have a bad temper I'll admit but I control it. I haven't been in an actual fight since high school and its been over two years since I even came really close to getting into a fight. Normal people don't go and start beating someone at a game in front of families with their small kids present and bring their own son into it.

So you think I should be killed for what I said that wasn't totally serious anyway? How are you any better than me? You want to critisize me for something that wasn't to be taken so literal. So relax people, I'm not headed with a gun in hand to his house or prison or wherever he's at currently to shoot him or any other bad guys. Feel better?

TooTired
05-01-2004, 02:18 AM
Have I ever done anything stupid when I've been drunk?.... Yes in fact I have....lets see, I've mooned my friends, made out with a girl that I knew had a boyfriend and I felt bad afterwards, I've even tried to beat up imaginary aliens in the sky and fell on my butt when I tried to a "Karate Kid" kick, but I've never tried to beat someone and hurt them for no reason. I have a bad temper I'll admit but I control it. I haven't been in an actual fight since high school and its been over two years since I even came really close to getting into a fight. Normal people don't go and start beating someone at a game in front of families with their small kids present and bring their own son into it.

So you think I should be killed for what I said that wasn't totally serious anyway? How are you any better than me? You want to critisize me for something that wasn't to be taken so literal. So relax people, I'm not headed with a gun in hand to his house or prison or wherever he's at currently to shoot him or any other bad guys. Feel better?
I realize you weren't literal, and I'm willing to bet most people that read this thread also realized that. But I figured you would realize me comment was also not literal. You think I want every stupid person dead?

What you need to realize this world doesn't belong to just you. Not everyone is subject to you're opinion. And not everyone will agree with it. So you should expect some negativity in a thread saying everyone that commits crime should be permanetely removed from society. The man has done some stupid things. But who hasn't. You think nobody has ever flown the straight and narrow after a life of crime? Where is your faith in humanity?

Also you don't know that he really did it. From what I have heard the man had only been in the wrong place after his curfew. But I doubt he could help it considering he was delivering pizzas. He goes where his work takes him. Like I said in another post INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY

coasterlove
05-01-2004, 02:45 AM
I realize you weren't literal, and I'm willing to bet most people that read this thread also realized that.

You think I want every stupid person dead?

What you need to realize this world doesn't belong to just you. Not everyone is subject to you're opinion. And not everyone will agree with it. So you should expect some negativity in a thread saying everyone that commits crime should be permanetely removed from society. The man has done some stupid things. But who hasn't. You think nobody has ever flown the straight and narrow after a life of crime? Where is your faith in humanity?

Also you don't know that he really did it. From what I have heard the man had only been in the wrong place after his curfew. But I doubt he could help it considering he was delivering pizzas. He goes where his work takes him. Like I said in another post INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY

I doubt that no one took what I said a little serious. It seemed as if some people were very offended by what I said, so I have to disagree there. I hope that by you asking about wanting every stupid person dead, you're not trying to imply that I'm stupid. Just like everyone else, like you said I have an opinion. I'm not trying to change anyones mind. Everyone has a right to their opinion and so I hope you weren't calling me stupid, others tried to put in little jabs at me for what I said. That really shows a lack of class by those who did. You didn't see me insulting those who disagreed with me. I don't mind having an arguement as long as people can do it with respect. But unfortunately, they won't take the time to make an arguement, they just find it easier to insult someone instead of coming up with something intelligent to say.

Innocent until proven guilty, that I know and that's what makes this country great. But while he hasn't been found guilty of this crime, he obviously already has the baseball attack on his record not to mention he had a record prior to that attack. So while its possible that he may be innocent of this incident, he is not an innocent man.

Last you ask about my lack of faith in humanity, well when you see what happens in this world and read about it in the paper every morning, that kind of goes out the window.

DEJA-VU RULES
05-01-2004, 02:27 PM
NO!! What you're saying is taking justice a bit to far for me. If you "kill" somebody, depending on the circumstances yes, you should be killed in return. I do believe that! But what you're saying no, that really is not right. He has never killed anybody, so no, his punishment shouldn't be death.

You're basically saying, let's go back to the Old West days. Steal a horse and you'll hang. Sorry, that's a bad way of thinking.

I agree with leeloo.

coastergenius100
05-01-2004, 02:32 PM
Here is a news story for the Chicago Tribune- April 30, 2004:

William Ligue Jr., who attacked a Kansas City Royals coach during a 2002 White Sox game, was arrested early Thursday after breaking into a car outside a Harvey pizzeria, officials said.
Ligue, 35, of Alsip was arrested by Harvey police about 2:30am. Thursday after breaking into a car parked near Papa Italino's Pizza, 59 W. 159th St., and stealing a stereo CD player, officials said....
....Ligue gained national notoriety after he and his 15 year old son leapt shirtless onto the Comisky Park field and pummeled Royals first-base coach Tom Gamboa during a September game, leaving Gamboa with permanent hearing loss....

Now my question is this, why can't we just kill people like this? They're repeat offender and are of no use to society. They are out to just hurt and steal from people. Its ridiculous that there are people like this who are just TRASH! At the the very least maybe we could have them castrated so they can't breed because their children end up being nothing but trash too as evidenced by his then 15 year old son taking part of the beating at the former Comiskey Park(now U.S. Cellular Field). What do you think? Shouldn't we just put a bullet in them and be done with it?

Whoa!! Can we say "faciast"? I'd hate to be your kid when I disobey the rules.

SFGAm Guru
05-01-2004, 03:41 PM
Well I say we ship the really bad ones off to some island to fend for themselves. That way we can use less of our tax money paying for people in prisin and guards to guard them.

edh101985
05-01-2004, 08:15 PM
Or, that can fall under the cruel and unusual punishment law in the eighth amendment.

coasterlove
05-01-2004, 08:59 PM
Or, that can fall under the cruel and unusual punishment law in the eighth amendment.

And what's so wrong with that. There are criminals who have raped, tortured, brutally mudered others and what happens to the criminal? Yeah, they get locked up but do they suffer like those that they've hurt and also the family of the victims? While prison is no picnic, I'm sure, you're generally still treated as a human being which is more than the criminal acted towards their victim. I believe that the punishment truly should fit the crime. Some of the crimes I read about in the paper or see on tv are absolutely horrendous, yet all that happens if the criminal is even caught and convicted is that they go to jail. Do you really honestly feel that is fair?

edh101985
05-01-2004, 09:22 PM
Yes. Just imagine how many lawsuits will take place if people decided to take things into their own hand and do something to a criminal. I am guessing you have never seen what the inside of a prison cell is like. I have been on a fieldtrip, and saw first hand what it is like. It is not a walk in the park. If the guards dont treat them like crap, the inmates sure as hell will. You have to sleep with one eye open incase a inmate wants to do something to another person. I dont want to go into details, but you get the picture.

TooTired
05-01-2004, 10:00 PM
So now you're against the Constitution?

edh101985
05-01-2004, 10:20 PM
Apparently so. He thinks we should allow cruel and unusual punishment, so he couldn't make it anymore clear that he is against the 8th amendment. Lets just ship him off to some country. He is not welcome here in the U.S.

POLL: Where should we ship coasterlove off to?

coasterlove
05-01-2004, 10:37 PM
So now you're against the Constitution?

No, but I guess you're against history in school, because one of the greatest things about the constituition is that it can be changed (amended), maybe you've heard of things, Amendaments.

Edh, I'm not advocating that people take things into their own hands, I never said that! I just pointed out that I think jail is considerably nicer than what some of the victims went through at the hands of the criminals who reside in those jails. I don't a CRAP if you went there on a field trip and you thought it was a mean place where the guards are mean to you. Well that's good because I'm guessing you're smart enough to live a good productive life like most citizens and will avoid going to prison.

Don't for a damn second expect me to feel sorry for someone in jail. You want to feel sorry for someone, why don't you spend some time with that victims family or maybe a victim if still living of a violent crime. Talk to someone who has lost a loved one to a violent crime and ask them if they think its fair that someone they loved and cared for is dead and the person who committed that crime, while serving their punishment, but they are still alive, something the victim certainly can't say. Ask them that!!! How can you be so ignorant to even care for a second about someone in prison, about having to keep an eye open and that? If they hadn't hurt someone, someway or another, they wouldn't be there.

Give me a break, saying that prison conditions aren't that nice. Who the hell cares? I'd hate for you to lose someone to a crime and I wouldn't wish that on someone regardless of what people want to say about me because of what some want to believe because they took my words too serious. But if you ever did lose someone, then would you say that about prison? I bet then you would feel different about it, maybe think an 8x10 was much too big as opposed to thinking its much too small. Then maybe you wouldn't mind if they were attacked by other prisoners. Well, just think for a moment how many do feel who have lost someone to a crime or have been the victim of a crime.

TooTired
05-01-2004, 11:48 PM
Okay let me rephrase. You're against the bill of rights? I don't think I've heard of many people that are for amending the bill of rights.

Aaron
05-01-2004, 11:48 PM
This is sheer insanity. You mentioned the case of William Ligue Jr, who attacked Tom Gamboa and made him permanentely deaf. Tragic, yes, horrible, yes, but is a person's life worth the loss of hearing? The guy has problems, that's to be certain, and definatley should be punished, but killed? What about Ligue's family? What about the grief they would feel if your system of pseduo-justice was enacted? Think about it.

TooTired
05-01-2004, 11:50 PM
You know what. People with mental handicap also don't provide anything to society and our taxes even support some of them. Should they be murdered as well?

I guess you can call crime a mental handicap seeing as how they can't seem to function normally in society.

coasterlove
05-02-2004, 12:06 AM
This is sheer insanity. You mentioned the case of William Ligue Jr, who attacked Tom Gamboa and made him permanentely deaf. Tragic, yes, horrible, yes, but is a person's life worth the loss of hearing? The guy has problems, that's to be certain, and definatley should be punished, but killed? What about Ligue's family? What about the grief they would feel if your system of pseduo-justice was enacted? Think about it.

Hey, I already said I wasn't being totally serious when I said that about him. But I do definitly think he should've been punished more severely. He injured someone severely and he isn't in jail right now. That crime was only a year and a half ago. Is that really justice???

Too Tired- no of course not, I don't think someone who is mentally handicapped should be killed, I don't know where you get off saying something like that, I never came close to saying anything like that. I won't go into details but someone very close to me is mentally handicapped, so I find you remarks very ignorant. Who is to say that a person with a mental handicap can't contribute to the society? There are many people who have jobs just like the rest of us! Also to even make a comparison like that to a criminal??? A criminal chooses to do what they do, to commit the crimes they have done. A person with ANY handicap didn't choose to be that way! How could you even make a comparison like that. And people want to say that I am ignorant???

TooTired
05-02-2004, 12:11 AM
Hey, I already said I wasn't being totally serious when I said that about him. But I do definitly think he should've been punished more severely. He injured someone severely and he isn't in jail right now. That crime was only a year and a half ago. Is that really justice???

Too Tired- no of course not, I don't think someone who is mentally handicapped should be killed, I don't know where you get off saying something like that, I never came close to saying anything like that. I won't go into details but someone very close to me is mentally handicapped, so I find you remarks very ignorant. Who is to say that a person with a mental handicap can't contribute to the society? There are many people who have jobs just like the rest of us! Also to even make a comparison like that to a criminal??? A criminal chooses to do what they do, to commit the crimes they have done. A person with ANY handicap didn't choose to be that way! How could you even make a comparison like that. And people want to say that I am ignorant???
Of course what I said was ignorant. I'm trying to show you how ignorant you're comments are. The guy you started this whole thread about also had a job and contributed to society. The only things we know he did for sure was beat someone up while he was drunk. And smoke pot. So what you're saying is. That this man that has a job and contributes to society should be killed because he may or may not have stolen a car radio?

coasterlove
05-02-2004, 12:53 AM
Of course what I said was ignorant. I'm trying to show you how ignorant you're comments are. The guy you started this whole thread about also had a job and contributed to society. The only things we know he did for sure was beat someone up while he was drunk. And smoke pot. So what you're saying is. That this man that has a job and contributes to society should be killed because he may or may not have stolen a car radio?

We do know more about this guy than that. He had a record before the baseball incident. AND FOR THE LAST TIME, I SAID ALREADY THAT I WASN'T BEING TOTALLY SERIOUS BY SAYING TO KILL HIM!!! How are you showing how ignorant I am?!?! I has said may times in this thread I wasn't being completely serious. You're the one who is ignorant for choosing not to read that.

You're also ignorant for trying to make a comparison in such a manner. I'm basically saying that I believe punishments should be more severe and they should better fit the crime. For you to say that you were trying to show me how ignorant my comments are by saying something like that about people with mental handicaps, shows your ignorance. Someone saying they want a criminal dead doesn't compare with someone saying that about those who have a disability. Even if you didn't mean it, it was wrong to compare the two as if their in the same category. Because it isn't, what I said might be considered extreme, if someone were to truly say that about someone with a mental handicap, that would be cruel. So, they're not the same thing! You can't compare it.

If you think that criminals should only have to serve a short time for a major crime, than I don't know what is wrong with you.

TooTired
05-02-2004, 01:01 AM
Its funny how you use the word cruel. Yet siad you support cruel and unusual punishment. Just an observation.

What you said is extreme. And what I said was extreme. Are either of us right? No. But mine was to make a valid point, if you make an extreme comment not everyone is gonna see it in the less than serious way you do. So don't get all defensive when people start *****ing.

coasterlove
05-02-2004, 01:50 AM
Its funny how you use the word cruel. Yet siad you support cruel and unusual punishment. Just an observation.

What you said is extreme. And what I said was extreme. Are either of us right? No. But mine was to make a valid point, if you make an extreme comment not everyone is gonna see it in the less than serious way you do. So don't get all defensive when people start *****ing.

I don't support cruel and unusual punishment. I never said that either. I said more severe punishment for more severe crimes. If you want to take that to mean cruel and unusual punishment, be my guest. I just don't think its right or that its justice when you hear about muderers doing anything less than a life sentence unless it was certain circumstances such as self defense for one example.

Yep, you're right, what I said is an extreme comment. That's why I said it, to get peoples attention. I don't mind people disagreeing with me, I don't mind people arguing with me. Its freedom of speech and I'll always listen to what someone has to say. But I don't have to tell you about freedom of speech and the first amendment since your big on the constitution and that. But like I said, I don't mind conversation, I have no problem with an arguement either, but what does bug is when people want to insult someone over what they said or believe. I hadn't insulted anyone, its called respect. There might be people I don't like but I'll still listen to what they have to say without insulting them. Unless they have insulted me, then its all fair game! If someone treats me with respect, they can expect the same back to them.

General Public
05-02-2004, 02:01 AM
This thread was a good idea.

coasterlove
05-02-2004, 02:13 AM
Well thanks, General Public. I was starting to have my doubts about this thread, but now that I know I have your support, I feel better and I'll be able to sleep at night.

POLL: Where should we ship coasterlove off to?

If I could just make one suggestion...anywhere that doesn't have any snakes. Anything but snakes!!!

CoasterLover2
05-07-2004, 11:13 AM
Ok i think half you people on here need to just listen to what he has to say! No you jerk mentally handicap people are worth a hell lot more some ******* that murders or rapes someone! And as punishment for the guy i think he should suffer for what he did! And as for shipping people off to another island i definitly wouldn't loose sleep over that! Lets put this way i have a little girl and two boys and when they grow up if any slime bag put his hands on my kids you best believe i will raising all hell up from the depths of this screwed up world to find him/her and i would give them the worst punishment known to man! I swear any mother****er that laid a hand on my kids i swear would wish for Hitler to punish them and not me because i would totrture the hell out of them! So people please grow up and open your eyes to the world! At the age of 11 i was almost raped in a church ok so please don't tell me about punishment because they way to nice and way to crooked these days! Prison is just a vacation from work bills taxes ok! Prison is way to nice! They have cables gyms and hot food everyday! I agree that the prisoners get attacked and hurt in prison but why should we care what happens to them inside there because they just did something to someone else! But you what it doesn't matter because in the end they will get what they deserve when its from God or the Devil!

Magnum Robert
05-07-2004, 01:08 PM
^ Okay, I was able to translate most of that. As for being "almost raped" at age 11, how did you know the intent of the assailant.

The answer to the question "Why can't we just kill trash like this?" can be answered in one word: Donkeys.

If you kill trash like this, then you can be certain of one thing---they'll never do it again.

CoasterLover2
05-07-2004, 01:13 PM
Well i was being held down against my will and he was grabbing and talking nasty and how i finally got lose when i elbowed him in the groin!

edh101985
05-07-2004, 02:00 PM
I will raising all hell up from the depths of this screwed up world to find him/her and i would give them the worst punishment known to man! I swear any mother****er that laid a hand on my kids i swear would wish for Hitler to punish them and not me because i would totrture the hell out of them!

Well even if someone does something to someone you love, that gives you no right to go hurt the person. You would also be found guilty of a crime along with them. And by killing them, or torturing them, don't you think that will effect a family member of theirs????? Ever think about that??? Some parents who commit crimes also have kids who they love. It would be horrible for a kid to have to live through everything finding out someone decided to hurt their father. Sure their father did something, but they don't deserve torture. You would be just as bad as the other guy.

Magnum Robert
05-07-2004, 02:42 PM
Everybody is good. None deserve hard time---think of the assailant's family first and foremost.

Screw that....kill them all and let God sort them out.

If you don't do anything wrong, then you won't have to worry about the consequences.

coasterlove
05-07-2004, 03:01 PM
Coasterlover2, I like your thinking and Robert, I wanted to vote for Bush in the upcoming election, but I've decided to vote for you! You rock, man! :)

Magnum Robert
05-07-2004, 04:12 PM
Yeah, Dude.

I'm special. You're special. We're all just a bunch of special ****ers, aren't we? Well you know what? We're not all special---at least not those degenerates to society, who ruin other people's lives.

I'm sick of people sticking up for the rapists, murderers, child molesters, and other degenerates. Here's an idea---think of the victims for a change. Think of the victim's family for a change. If you want to stick up for someone, then stick up for the victims and their families.

No more "oh, he's a good boy. He shouldn't be punished". Punish them once and for all.

Oh, and since I've been nominated for President (thank you coasterlove), I'll need a VP. How bout it, leeloo? :leeloo2: lol

leeloo1953
05-07-2004, 04:39 PM
Thank you Robert, but no, I don't think so. lol Chances would be too good that I'd end up on Death Row for violence against you. ;)

I think you'd be better off with coasterlove as your running mate. :)

coasterlove
05-07-2004, 05:50 PM
Good idea Leeloo :) I'm glad to know that we have our "supporters" ;)

Magnum Robert- Coasterlove 2004

There should be another team that would run against us and there could be a poll to see who should win ;) we'll make our cases as to why we should be voted for. We would make our arguement in a designated thread and then after some time have a set "election day"

What do ya say, Robert? lets run for office! Any challengers? :)

Magnum Robert
05-07-2004, 06:03 PM
Thank you Robert, but no, I don't think so. lol Chances would be too good that I'd end up on Death Row for violence against you. ;)

I think you'd be better off with coasterlove as your running mate. :)Hahaha...I didn't think so. I'd only have you as a running mate for your good looks to help gain votes. Though coasterlove is more in tune with what's right, I doubt he's as good looking, lol (and i mean no disrespect, coasterlove).

I also support police brutality. Why? Because I'll never put myself at odds with police. I can also comprehend the meaning of the word "obey", which is something many people just can't grasp (ie coach beaters).

I don't feel sorry for those who don't know the difference between right and wrong and suffer consequences. Even my dog knows the difference between right and wrong.

Oh, and coasterlove.....you can count me in. :) I may not be an elephant, but one thing's for sure---there's no way in hell I will align with a donkey, lol.

Drewbie
05-07-2004, 08:04 PM
I'd run against the both of you, backed secretly by Kraken (he being a puppetmaster-like god and all) and I would crush you.

TopGun77
05-08-2004, 12:34 AM
Great!
Now back on topic before this gets closed...

TooTired
05-08-2004, 12:54 AM
Yeah, Dude.

I'm special. You're special. We're all just a bunch of special ****ers, aren't we? Well you know what? We're not all special---at least not those degenerates to society, who ruin other people's lives.

I'm sick of people sticking up for the rapists, murderers, child molesters, and other degenerates. Here's an idea---think of the victims for a change. Think of the victim's family for a change. If you want to stick up for someone, then stick up for the victims and their families.

What the **** are you talking about rapists, murderers and child molesters for. He said he wants trash that steals car radios killed. Oh no! The poor victim, his insurance will buy him a new radio. What a bummer. Seeing as how a Illinios is a mandatory Liability insurance state he should have some form of insurance. And if it was a nice enough stereo to be stolen and the guy doesn't have Comprehensive insurance he should have invested int he comprehensive. A poor investment. But I'm willing to bet the victim did have the proper insurance.

Magnum Robert
05-08-2004, 01:24 AM
Hahaha......there's more to coasterloves' argument than a guy who steals car stereo components. I guess you failed to read/comprehend post #1 in this thread. Oh well...

TooTired
05-08-2004, 02:23 AM
Nah I just don't understand why he based it all off of a bad example. Usually when trying to prove a point you use an example that has somethign to do with the point being made. Now the point i got was that we would all be much better off if we removed everyone that commited petty crimes from society.

coasterlove
05-08-2004, 03:33 AM
Too Tired, how can you say petty crimes? The example I gave was petty? Someone beating a man with his 15 yr old son is considered a petty crime??? Stealing a stereo out of a car by iteslef is a petty crime. My point was that he has comitted crimes before including the very violent beating that left someone with damaged hearing for the left of his life. Don't tell me that is petty! That's ridiculous to even say it. Also my original point was, why wasn't this guy still in jail from the attack he comitted? He had already comitted crimes in the past and while those were minor, the fact remains he had a history of crime. Coupled with the attack, he should have done some major time instead of the probation he received. Maybe some people would think twice of the crime they're about to commit if they had to actually do some real time. Me saying they should be killed was more of a figure of speech, which you and I already discussed, so I see no point in bringing it up again. But to be totally honest, I wouldn't have a problem with some sort of actual punishment that was more harsh. Why not think of the victim and their family? Who cares about the criminal's life? They certainly didn't care about their victim!

For the sake of this discussion/arguement, please don't bring up something like petty crimes and say something along the lines that I think we should kill for petty crimes. That's not what I said and that was very obvious if you took the time to read all my posts.

TooTired
05-08-2004, 04:06 PM
I'm pretty sure his previous record was just possesion. ANd I'm gonna overlook that. Beating the man up, he got probation. The only recent crime he is guilty of is breaking curfew (To work a second job). Now the man has one serious crime.

coasterlove
05-08-2004, 05:20 PM
I'm pretty sure his previous record was just possesion. ANd I'm gonna overlook that.

Wrong! I wasn't sure off the top of my head what his prior record was, so I decided to some research. Here's what I've found:

This link below gives his record which includes domestic abuse-some possesion charge, huh? :rolleyes:
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/ligue1.html

The other three links also have interesting information about his past as well as more details about his most recent crime; including the fact that he appears to very "proud" of himself for the attack on the baseball coach. Lets not forger that he sped away from this last crime and led police on a high speed chase through the city streets with speed reaching 70mph.
http://www.chicagoredstreak.com/news/mid-news-midligue04.html

http://www.wbbm780.com/asp/ViewMoreDetails.asp?ID=38382

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dsnews/011nd1.htm

So after reading these links, this is the THING you want to defend???:rolleyes:

p.s. Also in a funny side note, when I did a google search, I actually found a link to this very thread on ThrillNetwork :)

TooTired
05-08-2004, 06:08 PM
[quote removed by mod - you do not need to quote the entire post directly above yours]

Why didn't you post all of this in the first place? I was under the impression you knew as much as I did.

coasterlove
05-09-2004, 09:36 AM
Why didn't you post all of this in the first place?

I didn't post it since I felt beating the coach was enough to show his charactor, but I guess not for you. I knew he had a past and that it involved something more than what you said of posession. So how you can say that you knew more than I did by saying "I was under the impression you knew as much as I did"? I at least knew off hand it was more than what you said, just not the exact details of it, sorry I don't usually care to follow the lives of trashsy criminals. If you knew more than I did, how come you didn't know of his domestic abuse and the rest of the story? Or was that an attempt at an insult of sorts? :rolleyes:

General Public
05-09-2004, 01:18 PM
We should definitely put aside details such as the justice system and the Constitution so we can terminate [with extreme prejudice] some drunken retard who assaulted another guy.

Why can't we just kill trash like this?
Because that's dumb.

coasterlove
05-09-2004, 04:10 PM
We should definitely put aside details such as the justice system and the Constitution so we can terminate [with extreme prejudice] some drunken retard who assaulted another guy.

"Assaulted another guy"? You can honestly call a man (if you can call him that) beat another man with the help of his 15 year old son, let's not forget about that. He beat him bad enough to have the victim have damaged hearing. Not to mention that isn't all he has done in life if you would read these links:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/ligue1.html

http://www.chicagoredstreak.com/news/mid-news-midligue04.html

http://www.wbbm780.com/asp/ViewMoreDetails.asp?ID=38382

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dsnews/011nd1.htm

If you would read these, you would see that this isn't the only offense he has committed. I was using "killing" him as a figure of speech. But my point is there should be punishment that is more severe for the crime committed especially considering he already had a record and all he received was probabtion?!?! If you had read the links I provided earlier, you would have seen that and wouldn't have just said that it was merely an assault he was guilty of in his life. So for you to say...

some drunken retard who assaulted another guy.

Well that's just "dumb"

General Public
05-09-2004, 04:36 PM
"Assaulted another guy"? You can honestly call a man (if you can call him that) beat another man with the help of his 15 year old son, let's not forget about that. He beat him bad enough to have the victim have damaged hearing.

1.) That is called aggravated assault.
2.) He can't be retryed for other incidents in the past.
3.) judicial system > coasterlove

coasterlove
05-09-2004, 05:05 PM
He can't be retryed for other incidents in the past.

True, but when a judge decides on his sentence for a current crime, he/she can take into account his prior record which included domestic abuse. While we obviously can't change the past and the judgement made, do you honestly think it was fair or right that all he received was probation and wasn't sentenced to prison? This wasn't a youth who didn't know any better (well his son might've been) but this was a guy in his thirties, an adult with children. This is the role model his kids have to look up to? That is truly sad! I honestly hope that you don't think it was ok that all he received was probation and he really should have received time in prison. Tell me you're smart enough to know that, or am I hoping for too much?

malachite5
05-09-2004, 05:24 PM
I am surprised that this idiot didnt make any money off this stunt . The media loves this stuff . He should have been sentanced to prison not only for this inventive act but for his previous incidents ...... The states should all have the same laws , If it was Florida the moron would have been locked up ;]

General Public
05-09-2004, 05:42 PM
True, but when a judge decides on his sentence for a current crime, he/she can take into account his prior record which included domestic abuse. While we obviously can't change the past and the judgement made, do you honestly think it was fair or right that all he received was probation and wasn't sentenced to prison? This wasn't a youth who didn't know any better (well his son might've been) but this was a guy in his thirties, an adult with children. This is the role model his kids have to look up to? That is truly sad! I honestly hope that you don't think it was ok that all he received was probation and he really should have received time in prison. Tell me you're smart enough to know that, or am I hoping for too much?

Post needs less altruism

coasetrphil
05-09-2004, 05:59 PM
I am surprised that this idiot didnt make any money off this stunt . The media loves this stuff . He should have been sentanced to prison not only for this inventive act but for his previous incidents ...... The states should all have the same laws , If it was Florida the moron would have been locked up ;]
Right, the media loves to give money to people that assault coaches, good call on that one. :rolleyes:

malachite5
05-11-2004, 05:47 PM
Lets face it stupid sells in the media ; The most bonehead stunt will make it into the news so these brainless people can get there 15 minutes of fame and the newspeople love this , Pretty sad .

General Public
05-11-2004, 09:31 PM
You don't make money from being on the news.

Jill Anne
05-12-2004, 02:46 PM
okay here goes nothing...
Our prison system is *already* one of the worst amongst civilized and westernized countries. "What?" you ask? Well, it's true. Civil rights groups have jumped all over the US for allowing dehumanizing practices in our prisons and *also* for not rehabilitating prisoners and not giving a bloody damn. Some prisons do, a lot don't. And we keep on electing sheriffs who stand up and say they're gonna tell the prisoners what's what, without realizing that they are being abused (sexually, mentally, physically, what have you) that does NOT make them better people when they are eventually released.
Expanding the crimes punished under the death penalty, no matter how good it *might* feel to be rid of these idiots once and for all, would do no good. It wouldn't make us a country with a stronger and more modern judicial and punishment system. Now *that*... that's a liberal viewpoint.
But I'm not really a liberal. Liberals would have you believe that our prison system should be modeled after Europe's where prisoners spend most of their time in cushy cells with doors instead of bars wearing their own clothes and attending classes. Well, the uniforms *could* go, it would save us money, but I don't think that's really what they need.
In sticking with some sort of American spirt, some prisons now have all prisoners performing community service on a tether/restraint, which allows them to do things like repaint senior homes, churchs, and governmentally owned buildings like homeless shelters. The labor saves the taxpayers money, and it also helps to get the prisoners some dignity and idea of what *should* be done. Many join the churchs they help repaint and stay working for the senior homes after they are released. They also have mental help and are generally rehabilitated well.
Liberals tell you those are chain gangs... *shrug* well... not really. At least those prisons are rehabilitating people rather than abusing them and making them worse.
So there's my two cents. And no, a person who committed premediated murder and is put on death row should *not* be out working in the public, so don't even try to use that argument against me. I support the death penalty in cases of beyond a doubt guilt of horrible crimes where other citizens die, don't get me wrong.
~me.

CoasterLover2
05-14-2004, 01:51 AM
You go girl finally someone in here with some common sense and i agree whole hearted with you sweety!

coasterlove
03-08-2007, 02:06 PM
You might remember a few years ago, in 2002, Ligue and his son jumped onto the field of a baseball game of the White Sox at Comiskey (currently US Cellular) and attacked a Kansas City first base coach and beat him severely.

A couple years later, he had committed another crime along with a history of crimes throughout his life. Now his son is in trouble. He along with some friends got into gun trouble for shooting at someone at close range. but luckily missing.

Here's the story-
http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/local_story_067065331.html

So the more I think about it, the mnore I still feel the same as when I made this thread nearly 3 years ago. People don't change and I truly feel that the world would be better without people like this.

Now I know it not realistic to "kill" them but I feel that something should be done about people who have a history of repeat crimes. I know prisons are overcrowded and costs a lot of money but I think something should be done to overhaul the prison system so that not only would it be so expensive. I just think it's ridiculous that so many criminals go free or spend little time behind bars and are outside to commit crime after crime.

Opinions?

slipknot8527
03-08-2007, 02:41 PM
That's the legal system. It's not PC to just go ahead and hang them, so they have to go through years and years of paper work and BS just to get onto death row, then years and years just to get to the chamber.

Sir Willow
03-09-2007, 07:45 AM
Maybe we could take a city, fence it off, and just take people like this and dump them and leave them there. Instead of us maintaining prisons, we could leave them to their own devices in the city. New York would work great!

Oh, wait...

Sandy W
03-09-2007, 08:48 AM
I'm one of the ones who says let the punishment fit the crime. I heard that in one particular Caribian country, If someone breaks into a home it is dealt with. For example the person who was ripped off gets to visit the perps home and take with him what ever he likes. Also in meditated murder yes to a death sentence. Certainly an offence of an adult against any child under 12 should be the harshest of all. We had a couple here in Ohio who taped up their son and put him in a closet and he died. They should be put on a desserted island and have fire ants dumped on them etc, etc, you fill in the blanks. There is a place for an eye for an eye.

Wes
03-09-2007, 09:53 AM
Maybe we could take a city, fence it off, and just take people like this and dump them and leave them there. Instead of us maintaining prisons, we could leave them to their own devices in the city. New York would work great!

Oh, wait...

Didn't you see Escape from New York!?! lol

And as far as the initial question of this topic, I totally feel what you are saying.

But even as our legal system isn't able to expediate anything these days it seems, I still believe that they will have to stand and give an account of themselves one day before God. I know not everyone believes in God, but I believe and I also believe that he'll have to stand before God one day and explain himself (if he can).

I'm not one for hanging someone on the spot, but there has to be something better than 500 appeals.

At the same time I do not support the death penalty. How's that for contradictory. lol

coasterdude28
03-09-2007, 04:01 PM
The world can definately do without scum like this, but killing them is not really an option. I feel that for repeat offenders that commit small crimes, that are not big enough for jail time, we should punish them through public humiliation and/or recognition. For example, this scum that is in question should have to wear a visible plastic necklace/collar. Let's say it's bright red. Something visible and recognizable. This way, all members of the public will know that he is a dangerous and unlawful person. They will steer clear. This will cause him to be dissociated from the community. If the repeat offender can go for a certain amount of time, depending on their crimes, without any infractions, then the collar can be removed.

In essence, we should "brand" people like this to warn the community. Maybe the public shame and hardships that will will cause for the criminal will teach them a lesson.

Kyle L
03-09-2007, 04:17 PM
This thread reminds me of the whole Todd Bertuzzi incident.

In case anyone forgot, Todd Bertuzzi came up behind Steve Moore and punched him in the back of the head, causing him to break 3 vertibre and eventually break his neck. Steve Moore has yet to return to the NHL and still suffers a lot of injuries.

I don't know if anyone else can shed light on that incident, but man, Todd Bertuzzi is a real goon. That was possibly the LOWEST thing you could do in sports, I mean if you watch the video you can see its pretty grousome.

coasterlove
03-09-2007, 04:25 PM
That's an idea but sadly in today's culture where it's cool to be a criminal, cool to be hard or a thug, cool to be a gangbanger, etc. It wouldn't mean much for some offenders. Ever see a gangbanger or someone similar NOT brag about how many times they've been shot and or show their scars? For them, it's cool and says I'm dangerous, I'm scary, blah blah. Within weeks, there would be companies selling knockoffs of these to wear as a fashion statement or joke. Hell, some people might go as far to commit some smaller crimes in an attempt to get one since it would be the real official thing.

It might seem unreasonable or even stupid what I just said but think about it for a minute and some of the people in this world and tell me that's not true.

Sir Willow
03-09-2007, 05:31 PM
Didn't you see Escape from New York!?! lol

Yep, hence the "oh, wait..." at the end of my post. Nice to know that someone got the reference there. :D

Brian F
03-09-2007, 06:05 PM
Also in meditated murder yes to a death sentence.

Meditated Murder? Is that a crazed Hare Krishna on a rampage? OHHM....OHHHM...BANG! :)

This guy shot three times from five feet away and missed all three times? Nice Shooting, Elmer Fudd!!! Are we sure it wasn't former (thankfully) Pacer Stephen Jackson?

I'm guessing that the Marine recruiter probably won't be calling anymore.

Joke aside, it's a wonderful thing he missed- if he hadn't, there would be two young lives that couldn't be turned around.

Martin
03-09-2007, 07:02 PM

Oh, wait...
:mad: I live in New York City...

I caught on to the sarcasm, but was there anything deeper than that, which I am not comprehending?

Sir Willow
03-09-2007, 08:20 PM
Arrgghhhh, did you read earlier? Are you familiar with the movie "Escape from New York" where they turn the whole city into a prison that no one is allowed into or out of?

And people wonder sometimes what happened to me telling jokes and ribbing a bit. This is why- when I do either people don't know I'm kidding, or have to have it explained to them.

*throws hands up in the air*
Heck, while I've got them inthe air, I might as well at least pretend I'm on a coaster... :)