PDA

View Full Version : Carowinds General Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Wes
05-01-2004, 10:50 PM
Ok, so we've needed this for a while.

Here's a place to talk about anything except for Borg at Carowinds. Since Borg is after all open and running.

So talk away...

SFOG Freak
05-01-2004, 10:58 PM
I went there last August and wasn't really impressed. Top Gun was the only coaster there that blew me away.

Magnum Robert
05-01-2004, 11:41 PM
Ok, so we've needed this for a while.
I respectfully disagree.

I think a better idea would be to unite all Carowinds fans via Instant Messenger.

General Public
05-02-2004, 12:14 AM
I respectfully disagree.

I think a better idea would be to unite all Carowinds fans via Instant Messenger.
lol

I actually kind of like Carowinds from the park perspective, but the compared to SFOG I find the rides lacking in most respects.

edit: Do they still call their ride crews "fun technicians?" I was tempted to go up to one of them when I visited and say "my fun is broke. fix it plz."

Anyway, "fun technician" is a really bad euphimism.

bk2004
05-02-2004, 06:03 PM
OMG, there's other people than the Carowinds people posting in a Carowinds thread! I'm going to faint!! :eek: ;)

Anywho, yes their still called 'fun technicians.' I don't like the name either. It's kind of lame.

captain picard
05-02-2004, 06:40 PM
My wife and I was at Carowinds on Fri 30th from Ohio,we was the only ones with The Beast T-shirts on. Did anyone here see us? David Mandt stopped me and said I couldn't come in with that on my shirt.
I thought it was a nice little park and will return someday.

Borg2004
05-02-2004, 07:13 PM
King turd we are not called fun technicians anymore just ride associates

WildMouse
05-02-2004, 09:51 PM
David Mandt stopped me and said I couldn't come in with that on my shirt.
I thought it was a nice little park and will return someday.

Haa! I'm so glad we have David Mandt back at our park. I worked with him some back in the mid-90's before they sent him to Vegas. He is by far one of the best PR guys Paramount has ever had.

Carowinds 73-03
05-02-2004, 09:55 PM
Yes the Fun Tech label went away this year. Very good choice imo. I always hated that name.

Magnum Robert
05-02-2004, 11:20 PM
I have two questions:

1. When is "gay" day at Carowinds?

2. When is "straight" day at Carowinds?

Carowinds 73-03
05-03-2004, 06:49 PM
Gay Day was sunday May 2nd. I have no clue when straight day is but i'll look into it for ya.

Wes
05-04-2004, 08:09 AM
I think he was being sarcastic. Imagine that, from Robert of all people ;)

bk2004
05-04-2004, 09:23 AM
For those of you who were at the shoot last month:

My dad contacted Scott Anderson and he said that he would send us a copy (free!) of the video that was recorded while we were riding Borg. I think that's really nice of him to do that.

Oh yeah, and I saw a commercial for Carowinds and the Borg shoot was on there. I couldn't fine myself since it was going so fast, but I knew I was on there and it felt weird!! :flip:

bk2004
05-05-2004, 05:28 PM
Well, I got the video in today.

At first I was surprised at how well the packaged looked. It had Carowinds on it with the 'Now Playing' theme. And then the whole back of it was covered with the Paramount Logo, all colored. I pulled the video out and it had a title on it:

Paramount's Carowinds
Borg Assimilator
B-Roll 15 minutes

It had clips of Media Day. That was about 3-5 minutes. One was with a guys voice, and other without it, but the second one still had sound.

The next part had clips of it when they shot it when we were all there in March(Carowinds 73-03, Me, BGWFreak). I could see me if I looked closely. It was cool and felt weird. By the way, there was a close up of you BGWFreak. You were getting in the train.

The next 7 or so minutes were various things. More of Media Day, Interviews, (one with Scott Anderson), and other things.

All in all it was great. It even had titles for everything before it started to play and had contact information and phone numbers. I was really surprised. But it was a good video and I am glad that I have a copy of it! Thanks Carowinds!! :D

Carowinds 73-03
05-05-2004, 08:09 PM
Yeah i know he was, i was trying to be funny as well. I saw the new spots as well but like you said it was way to fast of a shot to make anything or anyone out. I just knew it was Borg cause i could just see the Carowinds logo on the front of the trains.

Wes
05-05-2004, 09:36 PM
By the way, there was a close up of you BGWFreak. You were getting in the train.

No autographs please!!!

j/k That's funny that that made it into the video b real. I remember just sitting down on the train, and the guy just walked over to me and started filming.

I didn't think I'd ever see the footage honestly.

This will be a good thing to show my friends when they come over, and I can prove that I wasn't just being lazy and taking a day off from work. lol

bk2004
05-05-2004, 10:24 PM
LOL! I want an autogprah W00T W00T!! :D

Buy yeah, you were there. You might see yourself somewhere from the media day clip's too! :eek:

There's also a POV of the ride and then another POV with people in it and a Borg. :flip:

Carowinds 73-03
05-06-2004, 01:10 AM
What does everyone think of the new concerts at Carowinds this year. Although not too many bands i would like to see i must say it's a hugh step Carowinds has made in the way of entertainment.
Carowinds concerts for 2004:
Genuwine, Joe, Jagged Edge, 311, The Roots, Emmylou Harris, Patty Griffin, Gillian Welch & dave Rawlings.
311 looks to be the big show out of them all.

Wes
05-06-2004, 08:22 AM
Emmylou? I didn't know she was still singing ;) lol Yeah 311 (although I know nothing about them) seems to be the other big name out of the group.

bk2004
05-06-2004, 09:43 AM
Wow, that's a lot better than last year. Finally they are giving that paladium good use!!!

Carowinds 73-03
05-06-2004, 09:53 AM
I have never even heard of Emmylou. What type of music does she sing?

bk2004
05-06-2004, 10:13 AM
http://personal.redestb.es/dcoll/

There's a site to her...

Carowinds 73-03
05-06-2004, 10:18 AM
Thanks. I coulden't get the site to load but i'll try again later. What kind of music does she perform?

Wes
05-06-2004, 01:23 PM
She plays country. She's been around for 30 years at least. Not that that's bad. I was just surprised she's still touring.

Carowinds 73-03
05-06-2004, 01:30 PM
I like country so i might check her out. I was a little dissapointed that Jessica Simpson picked Verizon over Carowinds. Either way i'll still go see her. Not even sure if it was true or not but the rumor going around said JS was talking to Carowinds.

bk2004
05-07-2004, 09:26 AM
Is the Amitheater bigger? Maybe a little bit more, but not much bigger I don't think. The Paladium is pretty big.

Wes
05-07-2004, 09:51 AM
I think the Paladium seats 13,000 and Verizon about 15,000 or maybe a little more.

bk2004
05-07-2004, 09:56 AM
Well then I don't know why she didn't come to Carowinds. It would of probably been sold out. But it will probably be sold out too at Verizon, so that's 2,000 more.

She should go to the Charlotte Colisium (sp?)

Wes
05-07-2004, 01:35 PM
It's probably cheaper to rent the ampitheatre than the arena. I heard several years ago, that the nightly rate was $50,000.00

Carowinds 73-03
05-07-2004, 02:38 PM
Verizon Seats just over 20,000

Dukeis#1
05-08-2004, 03:02 AM
I'm glad Carowinds has Emmylou Harris in the line up for 2004. The park hasn't had any really big country stars at the park since Reba McEntire many, many years ago.

I'm also glad there is a bigger line up this year. I don't remember the Paladium being this booked since the 80s. (It was alott smaller back then, though)

Carowinds 73-03
05-08-2004, 09:00 AM
I remeber Reba. Man what a concert. Lorie Morgan & Aaron Tippin also performed that year. Like you said Carowinds hasen't hade any good talent in way to long. I remeber MC Hammer & Boys II Men also but never went to those concerts.

Zagreus
05-09-2004, 01:36 AM
Duran Duran and Weird Al isn't good talent? ;-) Weird Al was there last year. D2 the year before I believe. Maybe they'll come back on their reunion tour. Same for Tears for Fears! Saw them there in the early 90s. Incredible.

Carowinds 73-03
05-09-2004, 03:43 AM
Weird Al was the funniest show ever. I wish he would come back again. I want to see *Nsync at Carowinds:) Most of all i really would like to see another stunt show of some type at Carowinds. Not at the Paladium, i would like to see the park build a perment home for a stunt show like the SF parks. Mabye another TR show or a James Bond show would always be popular since i think hollywood will keep poping out bond movies for a long while.

bk2004
05-11-2004, 06:30 PM
That would be very nice to see a permanent action show! I think it would go well with the GP. Carowinds has always lacked that one major show. I hope the 'magic' show or whatever it's called will fill that spot.

Carowinds 73-03
05-11-2004, 06:34 PM
"Magic Of The Movies Live" I hope it's really good. I'm trying to find someone who has been to PKI or PKD to give me some info on the show since the show has already started at those 2 parks. I'll fnd out if the show is any good on the 15th when i go to PKD.

Zagreus
05-13-2004, 09:39 PM
I think I read somewhere that the PKI show isn't bad. It just doesn't reach the potential that it should. I think somebody commented that they ask for requests for movies to be acted out and this person said "Friday the 13th." The host of the show joked about something about a hockey mask and went into "Sleepy Hollow."

Carowinds 73-03
05-13-2004, 11:55 PM
Sounds a little weird. I'll give a report of the show when i go to PKD next weekend. I was supposed to go this weekend but the weather looks really bad so for the 2nd straight week i have to postpone my PKD trip. At first i was going last weekend then something came up and was supposed to go this weekend but hopefully next weekend will look good.

Wes
05-15-2004, 07:45 PM
Well now they've changed the forcast. It's supposed to be nice tomorrow morning. So I'm planning on some ERT on Borg tomorrow! can't wait :)

coasterguy1
05-15-2004, 08:22 PM
I respectfully disagree.

I have read nothing in this thread past this post because I dont care about carrowinds. Ive heard so much about how Borg is the most amazing coaster ever that I wouldnt mind melting it, not to mention Ive never seen such a concentration of people that have the same homepark other than people in SoCal, and even they arent this crazy about their homepark. Personally, I think this entire thread is taking up bandwidth. But you guys can have your fun talking about Carrowinds if you'll stop posting thread after thread about it. That is my rant. Enjoy.

Carowinds 73-03
05-16-2004, 03:40 PM
Borg is in no way the best coaster around. It is by far the best Flyer in the world IMO. I think thats why the talk about it has been so popular. That and the fact that Carowinds has themed a coaster. It's big news. I think everyone can agree with me about being excited about our home park because the park is finally going in a new direction with themeing.

musicfreak
05-16-2004, 03:56 PM
I found out that the reason the Paladium is getting better singers and groups to perform is because now the House of Blues is running it for them. If all goes well this year, just think who might be coming down the road with House of Blues behind the helm!

Carowinds 73-03
05-16-2004, 04:12 PM
I'm really happy to see better entertainment back at the park. The only group i really care to see is 311 but who would have thought Carowinds would host 311. I can't wait to see the line up next year if this does good. A little upset Jessica Simpson diden't come but anyway.

Zagreus
05-16-2004, 04:54 PM
I know the House of Blues has some impressive acts at the MB locale. My only prob is that I hate going there for concerts. I like to go, kick back, and chill. Not stand up the whole time. (Maybe I'm just getting old.)

I can't say much about who is coming to the Paladium this year because I've never heard anything by 311, the Roots, and Ginuwine. I'm just not into today's music scene. Usually the only station I listen to is 99.7/The Fox and 106.5 The End for the Breakfast Club on Sunday mornings.

If they could use the Paladium to catch the acts that aren't big enough for Verizon and the Coliseum, there could some impressive concerts at the park.

Wes
05-16-2004, 09:21 PM
Wow. That's cool that HOB is running it now. I saw Stryper @ HOB Myrtle Beach last year. It would have been nice to have them come here. :)

Carowinds 73-03
05-16-2004, 09:27 PM
Never went to HOB MB but if it's anything like the Carowinds then i'll have to stop by this summer when i visit MB.

Wes
05-16-2004, 09:43 PM
Oh no, it's nothing like Carowinds. It's a very small venue, right next to their restaurant. But it's seperate.

Maybe holds 1000 people, but probably less than that. It's tiny compared to PC.

Carowinds 73-03
05-16-2004, 09:52 PM
Really? Ok i though it was some huge thing like Verizon or something. It still sounds fun though.

Zagreus
05-16-2004, 10:38 PM
Its located near the Grand Prix North so you can go by there and do the Crazy Mouse while you're at the HOB.

Barefoot Landing is where the HOB is at. I was having a brain phart trying to remember the name for the place it was located. Think of a resturant with a concert venue attached to it. That's the HOB. Go to their website to see what concerts they have down there. I was on their mailing list but I got so many emails from them that I unsubscribed.

Carowinds 73-03
05-17-2004, 07:29 PM
Ok i know where it is now. I think i have driven by it several times and diden't even know it.

LP_Reanimator
05-17-2004, 08:44 PM
You know what? This is the only major message board i have EVER been to where i have actually heard that people OVERhype Carowinds. And also, the only one that actually has a Carowinds "following" that sucks people into the madness. (Or something to that effect)

NOTE: I said MAJOR. this does not include sites like Carowinds Connection or any other Carowinds fan site. MAJOR includes all message boards that cover a wide venue of parks and other rides other than roller coasters.

Carowinds 73-03
05-17-2004, 10:21 PM
I don't think anyone is overhyping Carowinds. I could see how it might sound like that to certin people. I think the excitement is still around about the new coaster and the major turnaround the park has taken on this year. I guess i'm just saying the next few years are going to be awsome. 5 years down the road Carowinds will be among the parks everyone talk about.

Wes
05-18-2004, 05:40 AM
^^ I agree.

We have 2 threads going. Uh, I don't think that's overhyping it.

No one complains when every one wants to talk about the famous parks like Cedar Point and SFMM.

My thoughts on the issue, if you don't like Carowinds, then don't go in the Carowinds threads. I'm not saying that to be nasty, it's just the truth IMO.

If you don't like them, don't go in them. :)

LP_Reanimator
05-18-2004, 11:59 AM
No, I'm glad we have a Carowinds "following" and I do love to read the Carowinds threads, because i am, after all, a Carowinds "fanboy" myself. I'm just saying this is the first place I've ever been to that it would seem to the reader that Carowinds would be "extremely overrated" because of all the threads about it. It's just the only place where Carowinds really recieves the hype it is due. It is an extremely underrated park on most other forums, but here, it has a following that would protect it to the end.

To be honest, after all the hype on here about carowinds I thought it would be extremely overrated...

See here: http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/showthread.php?t=29211

Wes
05-18-2004, 12:20 PM
Ok, I see what you're saying now. I thought you were complaining about it.

But as I said, we talk about CP until we're blue in the face, and no one complains, so I think 2 active threads about PC is not overbearing.

Plus, we really have a great collection of coasters now. Most parks don't have 8 or 9 adult coasters. So we're really lucky.

Carowinds 73-03
05-18-2004, 05:34 PM
Sorry, i thought you were complaining also. It's nice to have alot of Carowinds fans on this site who really love the park. I do agree Carowinds is under rated on most other sites.

LP_Reanimator
05-18-2004, 07:27 PM
NOTE ALSO: being "sucked into the madness" is not necessarily a bad thing. And by "the madness" i was referring to the Carowinds following. This is for future reference.

Carowinds 73-03
05-18-2004, 10:28 PM
I have been sucked in for years now and love it. I have always been proud to call Carowinds my home park & always will.

Wes
05-19-2004, 05:23 AM
Well I wasn't happy with the park in 2001, which explains why my name is BGWFreak, not PCFreak lol.

But the park has made a lot of great strides this year and of course we got Borg. And it's working on a regular basis too. I wonder why PGA had so many problems with it? Oh well, that's for another thread...

Carowinds 73-03
05-19-2004, 04:10 PM
Borg was well worth the 5 year wait through all the kiddie/family stuff. The park did need a major improvement in that dept imo. Now with all that out of the way i think we are going to see some awsome things for a while.

Railraider
05-20-2004, 10:27 AM
I have read nothing in this thread past this post because I dont care about carrowinds. Ive heard so much about how Borg is the most amazing coaster ever that I wouldnt mind melting it, not to mention Ive never seen such a concentration of people that have the same homepark other than people in SoCal, and even they arent this crazy about their homepark. Personally, I think this entire thread is taking up bandwidth. But you guys can have your fun talking about Carrowinds if you'll stop posting thread after thread about it. That is my rant. Enjoy.

I guess this is the type of attitude you must have when living in Houston, where SF's has ignored you for so long. At least you have two quality SF parks close by. One to the north (SFOT) and one to the south(SF FiestaTexas).

Jelousy will get you no where. Mind your own buisness and enjoy SF Astroworld (or whatever there calling it now) :p

Wes
05-20-2004, 10:36 AM
But you guys can have your fun talking about Carrowinds if you'll stop posting thread after thread about it.

Whatever...

1st point - It's Carowinds, not Carrowinds.

2nd point - We have 2 Threads going. Wow that's just a whole lot! Wow, watch out for those 2 threads! They're taking over TN! ;) :p

Carowinds 73-03
05-20-2004, 04:54 PM
LOL. I think Carowinds has the least threads here. Most of the other parks here have like 3 or more.

Wes
05-20-2004, 09:11 PM
^^ Exactly. Like I've said before we have tons of Cedar Point threads and no one fusses.

I think it's just that there haven't been many fans of Carowinds on here in the past, and people think we're trying to take over or something :rolleyes:

I don't mean to sound ugly, but if someone doesn't like a certain thread, then all they have to do, is not post or read it.

That's all I'm saying on the subject now. I'm not going to get into a flame war over this.

Ok back to Carowinds... did anyone see that scrap of paper over by Vortex? Maybe that was the new marker for our 2005 Floorless Hyper called Footloose!!!! ;)

Carowinds 73-03
05-20-2004, 09:14 PM
LOL. yeah i did see that. I spoke to the Dippin Dots guy and he told me that it's where the station was going for the 300ft floorless wooden coaster with 10 inversions. Anyway. Let's do a role call for this weekend. I'll be there sat & sun. Anyone else going?

Wes
05-21-2004, 10:44 PM
I don't think I'll be out there this weekend. Maybe Sunday ERT, but that's a maybe right now.

Carowinds 73-03
05-22-2004, 01:29 AM
I won't be riding coasters that much sat. I might hit TG & Borg early in the morning. I'm basically going to be spending all day in Water Works. I'll be there sunday for ERT but i also might leave after that if it gets really busy. Lets not forget the park is now open 7 days a week now..

Carowinds 73-03
05-23-2004, 01:19 PM
Park was getting very crowded today and it was getting really hot so i left around 11:30. I got 6 Rides on Borg, 5 rides on Hurler, 3 rides on Cyclone and one ride on Vortex and 1 ride on TG all within the 2 1/2 hours i was at the park.

Wes
05-23-2004, 02:34 PM
Well you got more in than I did. lol

You must have been at the park when it first opened??? I got there about 9:10 to Borg, so I missed a ride or two.

Got 3 borg rides, 1 Scooby Doo's Haunted Mansion ride (the line was really short), 1 TR forwards, and 1 TG (forwards ;)). lol

Then I headed over the flea market and then did some "antiquing". Now I'm back in the Air Conditioning. yippe!

Anyway, I didn't think the park was that crowded, but there were some people still coming in when I left @ 11:00.

Borg was running the fastest yet.

Also, I tried the Single rider line again this time, and it was great. Every time I was on like the 2nd or 3rd train after I walked up the que.

Carowinds 73-03
05-23-2004, 06:41 PM
Yeah security let all the PPass holders in about 8:40. I don't think they ment to. On my way out i dialed the # for attendance and for 11am it was very corwded.

Wes
05-24-2004, 05:03 AM
What number is that?

Also...

I was reading Greg Johnson's trip report of the Mummy coaster here: http://www.thrillnetwork.com/stories_view.php/319

Notice that he saw some of the higer ups from Paramount!

Could this mean they are checking out Premier for the Addam's Family/Italian Job coaster? Makes you wonder...

Carowinds 73-03
05-24-2004, 07:55 AM
Woohoo. Thats always good to hear. I think one of those Adams Family/Italian Job rides would be awsome. From the looks of the artwork they both look very awsome and i would be happy to take either or both :)

I diden't remeber the number. I asked a friend of mine on my way out for the # and i have forgotten it by now. I'll write it down when i go back to the park tuesday and PM it to you.

Carowinds 73-03
05-31-2004, 01:02 PM
Thunder returns to Carowinds in the form of Nascar. The high action, high speed thrills of "Days Of Thunder" return.

Check out my Magic of the movies report in the PC 2004 thread.

mooses41
06-13-2004, 11:36 PM
"It is by far the best Flyer in the world IMO. "

Carowinds70_03, what other flyers have you been on?

Carowinds 73-03
06-14-2004, 01:47 AM
Superman Ultimate Flight (2 of them)
Batwing & X-Flight & BORG of course.

Wes
07-11-2004, 01:52 PM
It was kind of a bad Sunday ERT at PC today.

Borg was not working at all and then Hurler was down as well.

Kind of aggrivating when you get up early to go to the park, to find the ride down. :sadface:

Whine whine whine ;) lol

But I did get my 2nd ride of the season on the log flume, so I still had some fun. Just weird that Borg ran great Thurs and Friday and then today it's broken. :confused:

Carowinds 73-03
07-11-2004, 08:44 PM
For once i'm glad i diden't make it for ERT today. Usually i'm there every sunday but today i woke up late.

mikem1989
07-12-2004, 11:45 AM
OK, someone help me out here! I did get to ride Borg in the dark Saturday night, but I am not sure it made a difference for me, since I can't see where I'm going anyway! I just love riding it!

Anyway my frustration is this: 1) why in the world would they only run one train for the newest ride in the park!!! I waited an hour and a half to ride, although the line was shorter than I had ever seen it! 2) There was a huge issue with people breaking in line. If the park is going to post the "line breaking is cause for ejection from the park" signs, why is there no one ever around to enforce that!! It's not like security is standing in line to enforce that rule! When it was brought to the attention of the ride operator at Borg that SEVERAL people had gotten in the single rider line and then jumped back over into the rgular line, he(the ride attendant) claimed that he couldn't do anything about it, because he hadn't seen them break!! The girl who caused a big scene about it continued to argue and those who broke were not allowed to ride, but after about 6 guards were called up there and the line was held up even longer!! It was just frustrating enough that only one train was running and then people were cutting!!!!

What happened to the thread with like 153 pages? I thought it was 2004 construction Paramounts Carowinds, but I couldn't find it this morning?

Carowinds 73-03
07-12-2004, 05:09 PM
They had that problem alot when it first opened and i think thats what led to them to stop useing the single rider line. I think they could use the single line but i guess we need someone to stand at the front and enforce it. Kinda pointless to have it and not use it. As for Borg at night i got my first dark ride a few weeks ago and just loved it. It was pretty cool at night and seemed alot better but maybe thats just me.

Oh yeah, Some MOD deleted that thread by accident. I was not to happy about it. Still not but what can you do.

The_Anomaly
07-12-2004, 05:40 PM
They've just recently started having a security guard post the queue lines at Top Gun for that very purpose. It's too hot down there for there to be any foolishness like line jumping despite the large no jumping sign placed deliberately partially blocking the entrance so that it won't be missed by those in the queue lines. The situation is helped when there are several disgruntled people in the lines that are vocal to the ride ops about the jumpers. Earlier in the season, I was in the single rider line at Borg when about 6 park employees and two random season pass holders tried barging through the singles line flashing their badges/passes as if they had that privelege to do so. There was a big ruckus and as a result, they didn't ride. :)

Dukeis#1
07-12-2004, 05:49 PM
Anyway my frustration is this: 1) why in the world would they only run one train for the newest ride in the park!!! I waited an hour and a half to ride, although the line was shorter than I had ever seen it!

As I understand one of the trains is having mechanical problems and won't engage with the lift. It's been causing trouble for some time now, resulting in one train operation.

Wes
07-12-2004, 07:15 PM
Really they haven't had many problems with the trains, apparantley up until Friday. I was at the park both Thurs and Friday for Son Fest, and they had 2 train operation almost all day long both days.

I waited both days for a ride, and the wait was about 45 minues both days.

Sunday of course was another story as I said earlier.

I went back around 6:30 for the last day of the Nick Parade, and they had one train running.

It's a Vekoma people, they have issues, always :) It's actually been very reliable this year, and I'm sure Carowinds is working as fast as they can to get 2 train operation back up and running.

We have to remember this is the first year, and almost every coaster has bugs to work out it's first 2 seasons. Remember TTD at CP??? It was down a lot of last summer!

And speaking of Vekoma's, the one ride I got on Borg's "brother" up in Maryland (Batwing) the thing was one train half a day, then broke down. I did get one ride, after about an hour in the heat waiting.

The other train was on the transfer track, partially in pieces. It could be worse people.

bk2004
07-12-2004, 07:37 PM
Last time that I wen to Carowinds, I just rode Borg one time and then left because I was meeting someone, so I just ran in for one quick ride. I noticed the shade over the line helped a lot. Even though the temperature was really hot, the sun wasn't beating down on me like it normally does.

mikem1989
07-13-2004, 10:26 AM
Thank you all for your input! I guess we all have our disappointments from time to time. Amazing how attitudes around you tend to affect the way you think. I do trust that PC is doing all they can to make things run smoothly, although one train on Borg Saturday night was not all that I seen down. Anyway....moving on...

Have any of you ridden Borg through the normal line and not the single rider line? I have sat in the same outside seat each time I have rode, having gone through the single rider line, and was wondering if there was a different feel or sensation in a different seat?

Wes
07-13-2004, 10:46 AM
^^Well actually the single-rider line is no-more.

They did away with it about 2 weeks ago.

It was creating so many problems and people were jumping through the line saying they were single riders, when they should have waited up to that point, then get in the single rider line.

Then the ride ops didn't know how to operate the single rider line either, it was a mess.

Carowinds 73-03
07-13-2004, 02:50 PM
The ride does feel different in almost each seat. Front,Back & Middle are all different feelings and the outside seats tend to be a bit more rough than the 2 inside seats. I always try to get an inside seat but it's hard when your a single rider.

mikem1989
07-14-2004, 10:37 AM
^^Well actually the single-rider line is no-more.

They did away with it about 2 weeks ago.

It was creating so many problems and people were jumping through the line saying they were single riders, when they should have waited up to that point, then get in the single rider line.

Then the ride ops didn't know how to operate the single rider line either, it was a mess.
I know it's gonna seem like I'm complaining again!!! I have gotten the impression in previous years, and now that you comment that the ride ops didn't know how to operate the single rider line, I get the real impression that many of the ops do what they want to do when and how they want to do it!! Last year mid season they changed the rule where you had to get up and go all the way around to ride TG during ERT. Prior to them changing the rule, you could ride over and over and over and over as long as no one was waiting for that seat. Even with that you could get up and change seats. I don't know how it is this year as I have not been able to enjoy ERT! Seems to me that all employees need to be on the same page and follow some type of standard procedure. !!

Now that you say that the techs didn't know how to operate the single rider line on Borg....humm... it was available on last Saturday. Now whether they were operating it properly is another story! LOL I have often thought that maybe in the future, once the kinks are worked out, that they need to relocate the single rider line for Borg. On the Vortex it is at the exit. Atleast maybe then people will not be claiming to be single riders when indeed they are just cutting in line.

The_Anomaly
07-14-2004, 06:01 PM
I never believed that the two consecutive ride rule was ever legit.

Edit: Clarification...I'm not talking about two ride Tuesdays, but during the regular one hour ERT.

Carowinds 73-03
07-14-2004, 06:22 PM
The only tuesday i went this year was a few weeks ago and i never had a problem with the two ride system. I never had to mive from my seat on any ride.

coastersRfun
07-15-2004, 08:03 AM
blah blah carowinds is great go there and have some fun

Wes
07-15-2004, 08:05 AM
^^ coasterRfun, this is a discussion thread. That's what people do, discuss things ;) welcome to TN

Carowinds 73-03
07-21-2004, 08:17 PM
Hey guys, Clay Aiken is coming to carowinds in case you diden't know. Oct 16th is the date so look for him to be wondering the park riding ride that day or weekend. I have already got my tickets. Anyone else going? Finally Carowinds gets some real entertainment.

Wes
07-22-2004, 08:05 AM
My "Clay money" is going to Van Halen. I would have liked to see Clay, but can't afford all the concerts coming to Charlotte right now.

cannonballer
07-22-2004, 11:40 AM
Clay Aiken? who is that? I wish amusement parks would play underground rock again like some of them used to do back in the day. I mean I wanna see the following bands pllay some parks...

The Cramps
Iggy Pop
The Unsatisfied
Murder Junkies
Impotent Sea Snakes
Arther Brown
Hell I would even settle for some mainstream rock at this point.

Somthing besides all these wuss make beleave off east main street musicals, Circus school drop out performers and people I never heard of like Clay Aiken.

coasetrphil
07-22-2004, 11:46 AM
Well, 311 is playing at Carowinds pretty soon I believe. You can get your rock music from them.

cannonballer
07-22-2004, 12:10 PM
Well, 311 is playing at Carowinds pretty soon I believe. You can get your rock music from them. I was talking about rock man not pop!

coasetrphil
07-22-2004, 02:56 PM
I'm sorry that you are so clueless. You probably have never heard a song other than Amber and automatically assume they are pop.

Carowinds 73-03
07-22-2004, 06:59 PM
Clay Aiken is the guy who won the 2nd season of American Idol. He's lives in the Charlotte area.

Wes
07-22-2004, 07:12 PM
^^ Uh correction there dude.

Clay was runner up. Ruben won 2nd season. ;)

And last I heard he was living in Los Angeles, rooming with Kimberley Locke.

But Clay did go to College here.

Carowinds 73-03
07-22-2004, 07:15 PM
I think we all know who won. Clay would have won if the votes weren't fixed or clays phone line diden't go down for 20 min that night.

Wes
07-22-2004, 07:24 PM
Yeah. Well he won the big prize (the money). He's outsold all of the other Idols.

I wanted to see him, but I'm torn between seeing him and seeing the Annie Lenox/Sting concert.

I'm leaning towards the later, for the fact that they won't be around forever, Clay won't be going anywhere soon.

slipknot8527
07-22-2004, 09:19 PM
Phil....311 is pop.....lets not deny that......they play POPular alternative, which means appealing to the masses, and therefore, are pop.

coasetrphil
07-22-2004, 09:22 PM
I swear, if you went to one of their concerts only 5 out of the 27 songs could be considered "poppy." Also, he asked for mainstream rock and 311 is mainstream rock.

slipknot8527
07-22-2004, 09:35 PM
Why would I need to go see their show? Do they play stuff that isnt on all of their albums? Everything from Grass Roots to From Chaos....

coasetrphil
07-22-2004, 10:08 PM
If you went to a show you would realize that it isn't pop. You wouldn't hear anything off the album 311 if they did that, which is the only album you liked.

cannonballer
07-23-2004, 06:36 AM
If you went to a show you would realize that it isn't pop. You wouldn't hear anything off the album 311 if they did that, which is the only album you liked. I did say mainstream yes but I hate contemperary rock because it isnt rock at all its POP! yes 311 is POP so is 99.9 percent of rock played on most clear channel radio stations.

THAT IS NOT THE POINT!

The point I was making is that the bands I just listed would go nicely at a park setting for a concert!

OH YEAH!

By mainstream I was thinking more of
Ozzy (imagine ozzfest at a park!)
pink floyd (if they are even still playin)
etc. etc. etc.

NOT the following
any boy bands
any hippity hoppoty fad rap rock band
any band NOT using a guitar onstage
creed (YUCKmeisters)
I dont know many names of these suck bands I DONT LISTEN TO THEM!

Look lets just get the rock back in the parks ok? Is that a hard request? I mean most underground rock bands could and would perform for cheap and not have to perform in a stadium setting. Hell imagine Iggy playing on a temp stage under some large coaster!

mikem1989
07-23-2004, 01:17 PM
back to park discussion..... can anyone tell me if both of the trains are back up and running on Borg?

HunterH
07-23-2004, 01:23 PM
They were running both trains yesterday (Thursday) after noonish.............sure decreased the wait time..........

Carowinds 73-03
07-23-2004, 03:37 PM
Speaking of 311. I just recived tickets from my friend at the park. Never seen them before so i hope it's a good show. From what i have read in above post it sounds like their ok.

BatwingFan SFA
07-25-2004, 12:30 PM
This thread has given me a good idea.....I think I'll follow BGWFreak's lead & get an SFA general discussion thread going myself.

Pointman74
07-25-2004, 02:42 PM
Who really cares about 311 or Clay. They are both a bunch of Radio Heads anyway.

coasetrphil
07-25-2004, 04:14 PM
Speaking of 311. I just recived tickets from my friend at the park. Never seen them before so i hope it's a good show. From what i have read in above post it sounds like their ok.
There shows are always a lot of fun, and they have a lot of energy. If that sounds like a good time, then you should have fun.

Also, what does Radio Heads mean?

Zagreus
07-25-2004, 04:30 PM
Clay during Scarowinds. How appropriate :)

bk2004
07-25-2004, 05:05 PM
I went to the park on Friday the 23rd and it was great. It's been weeks before then. I've been so busy and gone that I never had the time. Not many people there either. Most rides were 15 minutes or so. A lot of them were walk-ons, like Drop Zone, Hurler, Top Gun, Thunder Road, and Sponge Bob. I didn't get to ride Days of Thunder, but next time I will make sure to. I did get to see the Magic of the Movies. That was a really cool show. I just want to know how to get on stage!! But anyways, it was fun and I want to go back in the next couple of days again. :)

WildMouse
07-25-2004, 05:19 PM
I did say mainstream yes but I hate contemperary rock because it isnt rock at all its POP! yes 311 is POP so is 99.9 percent of rock played on most clear channel radio stations.

Charlotte is lucky to have 1 of 4 (either 4 or 5) independently owned radio stations in the US. The Ride, 95.7, was even featured in Rolling Stone Magazine not too long ago. You can tell it's not Clear Channel just by the incredible selection of classic rock songs they play. Stuff you'd never hear on Clear Channel classic rock stations. Plus, you can go to their website 957theride.com and see a list of the songs and artist they play every hour. Really cool! Anyway...... back on topic now...just wanted to plug my favorite Charlotte radio station. OUCH, those flames hurt!
:usa:

cannonballer
07-25-2004, 05:41 PM
Charlotte is lucky to have 1 of 4 (either 4 or 5) independently owned radio stations in the US. The Ride, 95.7, was even featured in Rolling Stone Magazine not too long ago. You can tell it's not Clear Channel just by the incredible selection of classic rock songs they play. Stuff you'd never hear on Clear Channel classic rock stations. Plus, you can go to their website 957theride.com and see a list of the songs and artist they play every hour. Really cool! Anyway...... back on topic now...just wanted to plug my favorite Charlotte radio station. OUCH, those flames hurt!
:usa:Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I know what station to listen to on my way to carowinds in mid august!

P.S> Are the lines still short on august saturdays? What about the water park is it crowded in august?

coasterking11
07-25-2004, 05:57 PM
[QUOTE

The point I was making is that the bands I just listed would go nicely at a park setting for a concert!

OH YEAH!

By mainstream I was thinking more of
Ozzy (imagine ozzfest at a park!)
pink floyd (if they are even still playin)
etc. etc. etc.QUOTE]

OZZY OZZY OZZY!!!!!!!! that would be the greatest to have ozzfest there or at any other parks

Zagreus
07-25-2004, 06:19 PM
Oh yeah Wild Mouse....the Ride....one of the best stations around and such a breath of fresh air in this polluted radio market. Everybody doesn't like the same old pop princess divas, the alternative groups which sounds like every other alternative groups, and hip hop/rap music. Another station that I listen to, the Fox plays the same freaking songs over and over. So, its welcome to have something different to listen to!

I couldn't see OzzFest at Carowinds. Floyd would be too big to play there. Give them Panther's stadium to play in. (As soon as Gilmour gets off his duff and decides to do something.)

WildMouse
07-25-2004, 06:30 PM
I was at the park the day of Son Fest. Was this Christian Rock? It was some pretty hard stuff. Sounded more like Metalli-Christ! :eek:
Maybe they bite the heads off angels.....? LOL
OK, that was mean....

Zagreus
07-25-2004, 06:34 PM
Believe it or not, there are some heavy metal Christian groups. Stryper is one that comes to mind. I think Ray Volz was the lead singer for one such group. The name esapes me. I'm sure BGW Freak can tell me.

Michael W. Smith is as hard as I get...LOL

WildMouse
07-25-2004, 10:14 PM
Can you believe how many Clay Aiken tickets for the Carowinds show are on eBay?

Take a look (http://search.ebay.com/carowinds_W0QQfromZR10QQsocolumnlayoutZ3QQsocurren cydisplayZ1QQsosortorderZ2QQsosortpropertyZ2QQsoti medisplayZ1).

I know I won't be at the park that day!

Carowinds 73-03
07-25-2004, 10:31 PM
Yeah, the prices are crazy. I can't believe people are willing to pay that much.
I will will at the park that day since i got my Clay tickets. Mine were free though. I don't think the park will be all that crowded until 5-6pm before the concert but i could be wrong. People may pay extra fee to spend the day at the park and hope to run into Clay. I wonder if clay will visit the Haunted attractions after his concert.

bk2004
07-25-2004, 10:50 PM
That's awesome that he is coming. I'm sure it will be packed out! But before the concert, not really. I bet that the park will be empty when the show starts!!!! I should go then for the last couple of hours while everyone is watching the show, or I could just ride Rip Roarin' Rapids a billion times so I could here it since it is virtually right beside it.

Carowinds 73-03
07-25-2004, 11:04 PM
That sucks. Just when the park is going to be empty and short lines for everything i won't be able to take advantage of it. I am hopeing that the concert ends before 11 so i can enjoy some of the haunted attractions but then again it's not like i won't be there every night like i was last year. I wen't to Scarowinds 10 times last year. I just hope this years Scarowinds will be nothing like the final night last year if anyone can remeber that.

bk2004
07-25-2004, 11:15 PM
Can I remember it? Uh, let me see, I got tickets at Blockbuster, drove 45 minutes to get to Carowinds, waited 30 minutes to get off the interstate thanks to traffic, walked all the way up to the front gate to realize that they were not letting anybody in because it was filled to capacity.

So, me and my sister went to the gate and got a full cash refund, right then and there, and then went to Applebee's!! :D

This year, I will make sure to go when it first starts!

Carowinds 73-03
07-25-2004, 11:19 PM
Or get to the park an hour before it starts like i always did. Despite the sell-out waits for the coasters & haunted stuff was still no longer than 30 min. Can't wait to ride borg in pitch black with fog and strobes all around. Should be intresting.

Wes
07-26-2004, 08:21 AM
P.S> Are the lines still short on august saturdays? What about the water park is it crowded in august?

Usually it's pretty busy in the mornings, then people start heading over to the water park in the afternoon. It's not as bad then.

But by then it's 100 degrees outside, and who wants to stand in a hot que anyway. lol

cannonballer
07-26-2004, 10:22 AM
Usually it's pretty busy in the mornings, then people start heading over to the water park in the afternoon. It's not as bad then.

But by then it's 100 degrees outside, and who wants to stand in a hot que anyway. lolWell then what about sundays? I had planned on going on a wednesday aug 17th but the website says that the park is not open that day! So I am stuck on going either the saturday or sunday before.

Wes
07-26-2004, 10:27 AM
Believe it or not, there are some heavy metal Christian groups. Stryper is one that comes to mind. I think Ray Volz was the lead singer for one such group. The name esapes me. I'm sure BGW Freak can tell me.

Michael W. Smith is as hard as I get...LOL3

Yes actually you can find any Christian genre of music you can think of.

There's stuff out there similar to Linkin Park, Megadeth, Metallica, etc.

One of the newer bands Pillar reminds me a lot of Megadeth.

Well then what about sundays? I had planned on going on a wednesday aug 17th but the website says that the park is not open that day! So I am stuck on going either the saturday or sunday before.

Sundays are great. They can be a little busy the first 2 hours or so, but most Sundays everything is a walk on.

<---- Post 2400. And in a Carowinds thread too! lol ;party;

Can you believe how many Clay Aiken tickets for the Carowinds show are on eBay?

Take a look (http://search.ebay.com/carowinds_W0QQfromZR10QQsocolumnlayoutZ3QQsocurren cydisplayZ1QQsosortorderZ2QQsosortpropertyZ2QQsoti medisplayZ1).

I know I won't be at the park that day!

Who would pay $250 for tickets you could buy at Carowinds for $70 :rolleyes:

Carowinds 73-03
07-26-2004, 01:39 PM
Tickets at Carowinds have been sold out for quite some time. I agree with you though, only idiots would really pay that much. I believe some of those tickets on Ebay going for $200+ have like 5-8 bids already.

Wes
07-27-2004, 08:02 AM
^^ I checked ticketmaster this weekend and it wasn't even half sold.

Carowinds 73-03
07-27-2004, 11:34 PM
Really? Someone in the park ticket booth told me tonight that it was sold out. I was there tonight for the 311/The Roots Concert. Man was it pretty awsome and packed but not sold out.

Wes
07-28-2004, 08:24 AM
They must have been drunk or something. he he I checked ticketmaster yesterday and the Clay concert isn't even half sold yet.

Carowinds 73-03
07-28-2004, 04:53 PM
Oh well, She must have no clue what she was talking about. I'm sure they will be sold out by Oct.

Dukeis#1
07-28-2004, 07:53 PM
It would be so hilarious if the Paladium was almost empty for the CA concert. :D

Carowinds 73-03
07-29-2004, 01:38 AM
I agree and i think it just might unless Carowinds starts hypeing this concert up. I heard about the concert from a friend and finally heard a radio ad for it 2 weeks later and have not heard another one since. I have personally told over 20 people about the concert and they all were shocked, they had never know about it. I'm sure once word gets out this will be sold out.

Wes
07-29-2004, 08:16 AM
^^ I think another thing that will hurt it, is that fact that he just came to Charlotte about 6 months ago. I was surprised he would be back here so soon.

CoasterGuy210
07-29-2004, 10:28 AM
Yes but NC is CLay's home state so I doubt it will be close to empty. As the concert gets closer it will be hyped up.

bk2004
07-29-2004, 03:29 PM
I hope it will be sold out, so maybe he can come back next year! :D

Carowinds 73-03
07-29-2004, 05:21 PM
It wil be sold out. I suggest if you want to go get your tickets now. I'll bet tickets will be gone by mid aug.

Dukeis#1
07-29-2004, 07:20 PM
Yes but NC is CLay's home state so I doubt it will be close to empty. As the concert gets closer it will be hyped up.

But still, it would be funny...

James
07-29-2004, 08:44 PM
i was at PC today... it was cool i guess.. i got stuck on topgun in the rain... yay

Carowinds 73-03
07-29-2004, 09:31 PM
How was your day? What all did you get to ride?

James
08-01-2004, 09:40 AM
i have been on every! coaster in the park and all bigger flatrides... the only thing i haveny been on is the dark ride...
BORG stopped on the lift alot...once with a full train ad people had to walk back down the lift after being on it for about 20mins...in the hot sun.... i felt bad for them because that sucks...

DropZone - Eh i need more and this diidnt give me much

Hurler - SUCKS! i "tpr" on it a few times went on front seat and back with 1 click rides.. they let me!

TaxiJam - AFter fighting over it for about an hour i got to ride ths dumb coaster....

Carolina Cyclone - NINJA was much better i dont see why this coaster hurts so much BUT IT DOES....

TopGun The Jet Coaster - Invert coaster done right!!

ThunderRoad - Front is ok.,., but i love backwards coasters :)

Setpoint water coaster - WAY TO MUCH FUN! lol i think its the 3rd best coaster in the park...

Umm - layout is funny and not easy to go place to place...

Mack mad mouse - first part un trimmed so it was fun i liked it.

Vortex - a little shakey but still i think its fun...

GoldRush'? mine train...- umm what the hell... it doesnt even get close to water anymore and is so short and lame.. i like the helix after lift 2

Days Of Thunder -HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHH its been years from when i first saw it.....

SkyTower - Eh i like the deck type better but still fun

Enterprize - way to short... and i like the huss type better...

WaterRides - all 3 were short 2 were walkones the log ride was a big line... the raft was ok... the spalshboats.. eh... the log ride... just no..

Kiddie Invert - Fun little coaster but sslams your head a bit...

Mini wood coaster - more or less the same as PKI or PKds had air time...

I liked the little "helicopter" ride it made the park look like RCT ;)

top 3 things that suck at PC
3 HURLER
2 TAXIJAM and its rules....
and 1 WATERWORKS! what the hell is wrong with PC this 'waterpark' could fit in my backyard... why is this waterpakr so samll and crappy and SLIDELESS and then the slides it had 50% WERE CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! GOD WHAT THE HELL! i needed 2! Locker for my stuff because my tripod was maybe 1 in to long to fit in my first one.... PKD and PKI have MUCH! better water parks...

well now that i have been to PC i can say for no reason do i want to g oback.. unless they gte 2 or 3 new coaster i have no reason...

yup so over all i gove PC a 3 of 10

oooh yeah BORG... umm

edit... i will be in the park today (sunday)after i get back from jeepers

Wes
08-01-2004, 09:27 PM
Well if you think it's bad now, you should have seen it several years back when all we were getting was nothing at all.

At one point we went 14 years without getting a coaster!

They've made a lot of improvements over the past 3 years and I think they will continue to grow over the next couple of years.

But I'm with you on this too stinks. If I lived in Mass, there is no way I'd come back to Carowinds just on it's own merits.

It's not a major park, and I wonder if it ever will be. But hey, I'm just grateful to have a park at all.

I could be living in Nashville ;)

bk2004
08-01-2004, 09:49 PM
Hopefully the park will keep what it's doing. Opening new rides and attractions while re-vamping the section that the new rides are being put into. It makes since! There are still other areas that are in dire need of shaping up a bit.

But yeah, Carowinds is a nice park to visit once every 3 or 5 years after they get a couple of good rides, but if you lived far away, there's no need in coming back anytime soon. But hey, it boosts your coaster count, like you like sfne stinks!! ;)

James
08-01-2004, 09:59 PM
14years with a new coaster.. hmmm my home park last got a coaster in......... 1990......... 14 years ago... ;)

today at PC i saw something at a park i never saw.. just a LITTLE RAIN CLOSED EVERY RIDE! "we dont run rides in the rain" what the hell is that crap? just a bit of rain and ALL RIDES CLOSED?! i have been on SROS SFNE front seat and the hardest falling rain 'ever' hell i have been on freefall towers ina thunderstorm! and a SLC in the SNOW

bk2004
08-01-2004, 10:24 PM
Wow, never heard of those weather conditions and a ride still open, though I bet it's fun. That is recently new that they do that, because I remember riding Goldrusher at Carowinds in the rain. But safety's #1! ;)

James
08-01-2004, 10:49 PM
how does rain make it not safe....

bk2004
08-01-2004, 11:04 PM
Some people could complain if it rains hard enough, but in your case it wasn't. Just that little extra speed that it made with a wet track. Haha, like 1 or 2 m.p.h! I guess they just feel safer with everything closed when it rains. I guess it's not that big of a deal to run in the rain though.

James
08-02-2004, 07:57 AM
but even like the waterride closes... its a logride! you get wet on it! so why does rain matter?! same with the set point coaster... they closed that...and waterworks.. ITS A WATER PARK!>>WATER<< = WET! so why shut it in the rain?! its not like itwas thunder and lightning... just a little rain... even the bumpper cars closed...

Wes
08-02-2004, 08:01 AM
how does rain make it not safe....

I'm clueless why they do that either. BGW runs everything in the rain, as long as there isn't lightning in the area.

We were up there during a tropical storm and they ran everything. Although I could have done without Alpengeist in the rain. Painful!

Dukeis#1
08-03-2004, 12:52 PM
just a little rain... even the bumpper cars closed...

Well, The Bumper Cars have that overhead electrical system that powers the cars. Maybe it becomes a harzard when it's raining.

James
08-04-2004, 12:11 PM
ok. mabye that... but then why the scooby doo dark ride? it just seems od to me for a bit of rain to close down a park...

James R
08-04-2004, 01:03 PM
ive ridden AW's Tidalwave in the rain... a little rain is okay.. just as long no random lightning bolt hits you...

Wes
08-04-2004, 03:18 PM
ok. mabye that... but then why the scooby doo dark ride? it just seems od to me for a bit of rain to close down a park...

That makes no sense to shut down the dark ride. I'm lost as to why they did that. They used to not be so strict.

James
08-04-2004, 05:43 PM
if i could show you how i feel about PC in one photo... this would be it

bk2004
08-04-2004, 10:27 PM
Although I could have done without Alpengeist in the rain. Painful!

You talkin' bout pain? I rode Alpengeist in the FRONT ROW when not only was is raining, but raining HARD! That rain feels like hail is hitting you when your on that ride in the rain. Any ride really.

I was riding TTD right when it started to sprinkle. We were the last train to ride right before they shut it down. I got hit 2 or 3 times on the launch and that hurt really bad!! :eek:

/\
That picture is priceless stinks!:)

CoasterDJ
08-05-2004, 03:59 AM
What could have happened, is that Carowinds may have only had X number of tickets to sell, and TicketMaster may have had the remainder of the tickets or what not...so from a Carowinds perspective, it is sold out. I dont know if it works this way there, but when radio stations get comp tickets to a show...if they dont give any of them away, it is still considered a sellout regardless because those tickets are accounted for even if no one has them.

bk2004
08-06-2004, 12:36 AM
I was at the park today, SFNE STINKS, and it rained really hard for about half and hour and none of the rides shut down! Not one! There had to been threat of lighning around the area, even if none ever struck, because the park was still alive today when it was still raining!

James
08-06-2004, 01:31 AM
well it was raining.. and you could see the sun.. if was just a crappy "sun shower"thing... and everything closed...

sfft_2108
08-06-2004, 01:54 AM
if i could show you how i feel about PC in one photo... this would be it

That is priceless. HAHA.

Zagreus
08-06-2004, 11:02 PM
...so from a Carowinds perspective, it is sold out.

Straight from my contact at the park, the concert isn't a *third* of the way sold out yet. So, those old ladies, teenagers, and the occasional gay guy had better get their tickets to see the Carolina Queen, I mean Clay :)

bk2004
08-06-2004, 11:09 PM
Does anyone know the prices range for them?

Dukeis#1
08-07-2004, 02:43 AM
get their tickets to see the Carolina Queen

I wonder if they'll remove this Carolina Queen like they did the last one?

I think they will because of low popularity. :D

Wes
08-07-2004, 08:28 AM
Does anyone know the prices range for them?

I think they're $25 and $35

And as far as Clay just appealing to gays and teenage girls, it's not true. A friend of mine went to see him at the Colosseum (sp?) and he said there were guys, girls of every age range there.

Clay's music appeals to all age ranges. I have his CD and I love it. And no, I am NOT gay. I just like good music.

Wes
08-08-2004, 09:45 PM
Well I had quite a shock today!

Hurler is running smooth again!

I was totally shocked when I went on the front row and there was a ton of air time, the ride was smooth again and the only rough spot was the final turn.

After so many weeks of rough operation, I'm glad to see the old Hurler back up and running again. :D :D :D

Carowinds 73-03
08-15-2004, 07:38 PM
Hurler + Smooth = Kidding. Right? I should have ridden it, i was at the park alot the last 2 weeks and did not ride for fear of a back injury j/k. I'll have to ride it next weekend cause if it's true then i'll be riding alot more now.

Wes
08-16-2004, 08:12 AM
Welcome back you non-banned person you ;) lol j/k

Yeah I was in shock. But wait till mid day for it to warm up some (the track). That probably helps a lot.

But it seems like they've done some reworking on it.

bk2004
08-16-2004, 09:55 PM
Wow, this is great. It's such a great ride, but that weird jearyness get's to ya after the second long, drawn out turn. I just hope the whole train is smooth and not just the front!

Anyways, can't wait until Saturday now! :)

Carowinds 73-03
08-16-2004, 10:00 PM
Yes i am now an official member of the BAND!!!! Good to be back and just in time. I'll have to remeber to ride hurler sat.

BTW: are you attending C3 this sat BGW?

Wes
08-17-2004, 08:11 AM
Yep I'll be there too. I just hope that other Hurricane doesn't come our way. Two weekends in a row with tropical storms is not cool. :kraken:

Carowinds 73-03
08-17-2004, 07:13 PM
What??? Another one? I have not been following the weather lately. I never knew about another one. Well hopefully it will move on somewhere else.

Wes
08-18-2004, 07:58 AM
Now they're saying it might not come here. It must have died or something. I watched the weather last night and all they talked about was Daneal (sp?) but that one is headed out into open waters.

Did anyone see the funny quote in Rollercoaster! (ACE's magazine)??

I thought this was pretty funny. The article by Jerry Willard was talking about Bonfante Gardens out in N. California...
...since that time (1999) the area has seen nine new coasters (all right, so one of those has already flown stealthily away to Charlotte, North Carolina. Apparently resistance was futile).
Good one Jerry :D :)

Carowinds 73-03
08-18-2004, 08:03 AM
Watched weather last night as well and your right, the storm is breaking up and heading away so right now it looks to be a prefect weekend for C3.

Yes, i cracked up when i read that article.

Wes
08-18-2004, 08:09 AM
Actually right now they're calling for some type of front to come in this weekend and cause scattered showers. But that could be a good thing. Low crowds and short lines on a Sat would be great. :D Can't wait for my first ACE event!

Carowinds 73-03
08-18-2004, 08:14 AM
Thats funny, This will be my first ACE event as well. I really hope it's alot of fun. I noticed that 114 people registered for the event. Light crowds would be great and it would be nice if it were cool since i plan to be there from 8am-midnight-1am (whenever it ends). Stay Away Rain!

Carowinds 73-03
08-20-2004, 03:02 PM
The Hurler crew must act like a bunch of fools all the time. I have yet to hear them rap on the mike but i have seen them everything do everything else. This one guy even left his post to run along side of the trian as it left the station like he was raceing it or something, I even saw the ops dispatch the train and they checked lap bars as the train went buy then instead of checking them before dispatching the train. This is not a good thing.

See ya tomorrow:) Should be fun.

Wes
08-20-2004, 09:11 PM
I've seen them not even check the train before. Something has to be done about them before someone gets hurt. It's funny, but it's scary too.

Rider beware.

bk2004
08-20-2004, 09:34 PM
I'll probably be there tomorrow. But I won't be doing anything with the Acers. :( Maybe see some of you peeps out there.

Carowinds 73-03
08-21-2004, 02:19 AM
I'll look for you brooks and say hi. I do complain about the Hurler staff everytime i see something wrong and unsafe. Hopefully i wont have to again tomorrow.

James
08-21-2004, 11:58 AM
does anyone know why pipeline peek s top slides are closed? i went on PKDs in 2002its the same but pkd has a freefall ride from the top and pc has 2 twisting ones.. but they were both closed... why? also why do they have HOT water on the slides?

Carowinds 73-03
08-22-2004, 02:53 PM
Those are some really good questions. Sadly i can not answer them. Last time i visited the waterpark both slides were open and i have never noticed hot water in any of the slides. Must have just been one of those freak things that happens once a year.

Had a great time at C3. Meet some very wonderfull & cool people. Had a great time with the scavenger hunt and sadly i think evening ERT was canceled due to rain. I left around 9pm after waiting 2 hours for the rain to stop and it never did.
Sadly learned that Scott Anderson is leaving us but he's off to bigger and better things so so long scott you will be missed. Thanks for everying.

bk2004
08-22-2004, 03:29 PM
The top Water Slides for Pipeline Peek are closed? That's weird. It's probably because some little picky thing that caused it to be. By the way, those used to be the tallest tube body slides in America, when it opened!

I had a good day yesterday too. It wasn't that crowded at all, though Borg's line was out of the station! :eek: I got to see the 9/11 show (forgot the name) and Magic of the Movies for the 3rd time. Love that show! :) Anyways, it was fun. Glad I went!

blackmetalmosh
08-22-2004, 03:32 PM
the 9/11 show.....was it farenheit 9/11...or is that a movie??

Carowinds 73-03
08-22-2004, 03:34 PM
No, it's a show about the day with a wax figure of the fire fighters raising the flag in the rubble.

Wait... Dod you just say not crowded???? It was very crowded. Every coaster had somewhat long lines. Hurler's line was even around that turnaround part at one point. Vortex was out the entrance & Cyclone was almost out the entrance. TG & Borg were about 2 hour waits, even RRReptar was out the entrance. I didn't call to get a park total but just guessing i would have to say 30-35,000

Wes
08-22-2004, 08:20 PM
Yes. C73-03 I'm with you. It was very crowded. At least until it's started pouring rain.

I took some pics and you can check them out if you weren't there yesterday, or if you were. lol http://community.webshots.com/user/carowindsflyer

I had a lot of fun. It was very hot though. I cut out after lunch and went home for a while. Then came back for the 4:45 meeting. I got a Top Gun tshirt, so it was worth it to come back.

Then the bottom fell out while I was at dinner a Moe's Southwestern on S. Tryon (really good if you haven't been there). So I went shopping and came back to Carowinds around 9:00 hoping it would stop raining.

It didn't, and I was worn out so I went home. But I had a lot of fun and this was my first ACE event and it was well worth my time.

coasterdave
08-22-2004, 08:23 PM
Had a great time at C3. Meet some very wonderfull & cool people. Had a great time with the scavenger hunt and sadly i think evening ERT was canceled due to rain. I left around 9pm after waiting 2 hours for the rain to stop and it never did.

Rain stopped and ERT lasted till abit after 11pm. You where there most of the day and wimpped out at 9 or did you have to get back into the time machine to travel back to 2003?

Wes
08-22-2004, 08:41 PM
I think he had to get back to 2003. He was probably going to upset the space/time continum. lol

That was pretty funny. How DID you find a 2003 form anyway C7303??? lol

<--- 2600th post. ;party;

Carowinds 73-03
08-22-2004, 08:48 PM
LOL, I knew that was going to come up here. That was too funny. I printed the form off the ACE website so they had last years form posted and just never looked over it. I printed it filled out the info and sent it in. I did question one thing. Before i sent it in i noticed the deadline was thr 7th or something and it said thursday the 7th and i was like wtf thursday was a sat or something. You get the idea but never though anything of it after that. I guess i needed to be called out since it was my first ACE event.

About the evening ERT, It started raining just before 7 and i waited and waited for it to stop, After 2 hours (9pm) i just gave up and left thinking it was never going to end

Carowinds 73-03
09-05-2004, 09:11 AM
If anyone is intrested Carowinds is offering Free Parking & Addmission for any florida residents with a FL License. Heck i know a few people with FL licenses who don't live in florida.

Carowinds 73-03
09-11-2004, 12:15 PM
Paramount's Scarowinds 2004

Alcatraz Escape
Nightmare Manor
Sleepy Hollow Horror
Alien Crypt In 3-D
Draculas Haunted Castle
Friday The 13th: Jasons Extreme Cuts

Oct 1st: National "I SCREAM" Month. Featuring 31 flavors of terror

Oct 8th: Greet The Meat Night. Meet intresting humans and eat them.

Oct 9th: See The Invisible Man. One Night Only

Oct 15th: Bring Your Werewolf To Work Day.

Oct 16th: Circus Of The Stars.

Oct 23rd: Annual Scarowinds Fangs-Giving Celebration. Vampires Get In Half Price.

http://scarowinds.com/attractions_scarowinds.jsp

ErioL
09-11-2004, 02:32 PM
I've never been to a fright fest at any theme park...I wish I had gone before. Its too bad I didn't even know SFA and PC existed until shortly before I left VA. Now I'm stuck with Six Flags only.

Cephas
09-13-2004, 07:51 PM
Carowinds is a great park; and when you compare it ride to ride to SFOG I think they are tied, unlike what others may say.

TG>B:TR
Borg>Superman (I'll explain that one later)
Vortex<Scorcher
Cyclone>Ninja
Georgia Cyclone>Hurler>GASM
Thats about all you can compare between the two parks.

Yes I am biased.

Dukeis#1
09-13-2004, 10:23 PM
I'm quite biased as well.

Theming
SFOG>Carowinds

Shows
SFOG>Carowinds

Landscaping
SFOG>Carowinds

Food
SFOG>Carowinds

Employee Friendliness
SFOG>Carowinds

Cleanliness
SFOG>Carowinds

Paint
SFOG>Carowinds

Parking Lot
SFOG>Carowinds

Overall Awesome-ness
SFOG>Carowinds

Dippin' Dots
SFOG>Carowinds

bk2004
09-13-2004, 11:33 PM
I'm quite biased as well.

Theming
SFOG>Carowinds

Shows
SFOG>Carowinds

Landscaping
SFOG>Carowinds

Food
SFOG>Carowinds

Employee Friendliness
SFOG>Carowinds

Cleanliness
SFOG>Carowinds

Paint
SFOG>Carowinds

Parking Lot
SFOG>Carowinds

Overall Awesome-ness
SFOG>Carowinds

Dippin' Dots
SFOG>Carowinds
:rolleyes:

So much new things for Scarowinds this season! Can't wait to go, if I can get in (if you know what I mean ;)).

Oh yeah, on Sunday, they already has the red 'S' up on the park's entrance sign.

ErioL
09-13-2004, 11:42 PM
Really...I've never been to PC or SFOG, but why is it that when people have a GENERAL DISCUSSION thread peeps come in and start bashing the park with biased trash about the park they think is better. Don't make some blanket statement, that said park is better then previously said park. Be constructive about the park, and don't compare it to everything else in the world!

Carowinds 73-03
09-14-2004, 12:16 AM
No two parks are alike. There is something one park has over another. You really cant compare Carowinds to SFoG.

I know what you mean brooks. This year plan to go early lik i always do. I was only planning on going to Scarowinds once or twice but after reading that their doing something special each night i will more than like go every night.

Wes
09-14-2004, 08:41 AM
As far as coasters go, SFOG will win any day in my book.

But as far as "un-ghettoness" Carowinds wins any day. I don't have to take mace with me to Carowinds ;) lol j/k

bk2004
09-14-2004, 04:18 PM
I don't have to take mace with me to Carowinds ;) lol j/k

HAHA! :D

I also saw a wooden maze all constructed or being constructed in-between Spongebob 3-D and Top Gun where the old swings used to sit. I bet this is going to go under the picknick shelters. If they still do that. Or maybe another spot that I don't know about. I saw a lot of early construction for Scarowinds on Sunday. Well, I guess it's not too early! ;pumpkin;

Carowinds 73-03
09-14-2004, 04:26 PM
No. Carowinds starts this weekend and will finish hopefully by next weekend. I walked back to the picnic shelter and saw all the stuff for Nightmare manor laying around. It was pretty cool to see it before construction started. It's a much bigger maze than i thought.

The_Anomaly
09-15-2004, 10:23 AM
As far as coasters go, SFOG will win any day in my book.

But as far as "un-ghettoness" Carowinds wins any day. I don't have to take mace with me to Carowinds ;) lol j/k

Why would SFOG be ghetto?

Wes
09-15-2004, 01:09 PM
Because it's the only park I've ever been to where I felt like my life was in danger.

The ride ops are rude, the security guards don't guard anything IMO and the whole atmosphere is that of fear, not fun IMO.

bk2004
09-15-2004, 03:50 PM
/\

I agree. It sucks the fun out of everything. It is a nice park though.

Dukeis#1
09-15-2004, 04:09 PM
Because it's the only park I've ever been to where I felt like my life was in danger.

The entire "SFOG IS ATLANTA'S GHETTO" thing has been way over-blown.

I honestly don't see much difference in the people that visit Six Flags compared to those that visit Carowinds. Neither is that great, but I actually prefer the crowds at Six Flags. More families and seniors with grand children.

Carowinds is much more of a day care center for the local 12-16 year old population.

Carowinds 73-03
09-15-2004, 05:47 PM
I see alot more ghettoness at SFoG then i do at carowinds. I agree i never feel completely safe when i visit.

The_Anomaly
09-15-2004, 05:55 PM
I honestly don't see much difference in the people that visit Six Flags compared to those that visit Carowinds.

I agree with that. I've never felt threatened at SFOG the five times I visited in 2002 nor this past Sunday when I was down there. The ops weren't rude, they were just doing their jobs, quite efficiently I might add. Trains were ready to be dispatched before the one behind it hit the brakes. Superman, which is usually the slow loader, only sat still on the brakes for no longer than a minute before the train ahead of it was dispatched. Overall, the park is beautifully kept in appearance.
People usually bash SFA and I think I see the common link as to why.

Wes
09-15-2004, 11:03 PM
Well I'm just stating my opinion.

SFOG didn't used to be that way. Back in the 80's and mid-90's it was fine.

It just seems that the past several years that it's gotten so much worse.

But then again... I haven't been back to the park since 2002 and we went on a very busy Saturday in October.

Maybe the crowds bother me or something. The paths seem so small and then you have all those people crammed in there, I guess it just seems a little claustraphobic (sp?) to me.

Zagreus
09-27-2004, 04:11 PM
Animation Station revamp in 2005. 'nuff said...

Carowinds 73-03
09-27-2004, 05:33 PM
I knew about that already. Has the official announcement been released yet? I have not heard anything yet.

bk2004
09-27-2004, 07:40 PM
/\ Nope. Nothing. :(

But I did get my seasons pass holder mail flyer thing in it and it was talking about it. It also had a picture of a flying scooter ride. :eek:

Carowinds 73-03
09-27-2004, 07:44 PM
There ya go! Thats one of the rides.

Wes
09-28-2004, 07:56 AM
:( I haven't gotten my flyer yet :( lol

Yipee a flying scooter! :) I hope it's like the Nicked one at PKD or the flying eagles.

Carowinds 73-03
10-05-2004, 07:57 PM
If anyone is intrested just heard today that SCarowinds is #1 out of all Paramount Park haunts. It was #1 for 2002,2003 & so far after only 2 days blowing the others out of the water for this year.

SCarowinds had over 20,000 more people than any other PP last year ans 2,000 so far this year.

James
10-05-2004, 11:17 PM
whats the deal with SCarowinds? is it any good? they have a banner on MY site... i think its funny.,. im sitting thinking ..."who the hell in new england is going to go to fright fest at PC.."

;);) i had a PC seasonpass for 2004

Carowinds 73-03
10-06-2004, 05:59 AM
Yes SCarowinds is one of the best. Attendance & polls have proven that. I think it's great if your seeing an ad in New England. I'm sure a few people will come down for the event. I go to CP for Halloweekends so i'll bet a few NE'ers come here.

James
10-06-2004, 09:41 PM
lol i would go back to PC if i had the money,, but it wouldnt be for a frightfest...
*TopGun*

bk2004
10-06-2004, 09:49 PM
/\ Yeah, that's a darn good reason to go back to Carowinds!

I haven't been to Scarowinds yet this year, I want to go so bad. Maybe the weekend after this one.

I'm impressed to see Scarowinds doing so well! It's always done well. I don't see why not either. Take an awesome theme park and make it even better by getting the people all scared...what they like the best!! ;pumpkin;

Carowinds 73-03
10-06-2004, 09:54 PM
I'll be there fri & sat this weekend and fri & sat next weekend. Hopefully that will be it for the season. I hope.
I really didn't want to go that much again this year but for some reason again i can't get all my friends to go on one night so again i have to take each one a different night. Already been the first 2 night & 3 times if you could the family night they had last wed and 4 more nights are scheduled. I am going to be sooooo tired of SCarowinds again this year.
I figured i have 1 extra ticket for SCarowinds if anyone is intrested.

bk2004
10-06-2004, 09:56 PM
You know who is interested!!

<--- ME!!! :)

Carowinds 73-03
10-06-2004, 10:02 PM
I guess it's yours then. Congratulations on your free ticket.

CoasterDJ
10-06-2004, 10:02 PM
I would love to go, but having been spoiled by PKD (since both parks are about equi-distant for me) I dont think with a season pass guest should have to pay more money to get in. So for that one reason, I will be skipping, but I would love to go otherwise.

Carowinds 73-03
10-07-2004, 02:21 AM
I agree. I really don't see why SP holders don't get in for free. It's not like the park is already getting enough money from us but who knows. It's really not a big deal to me. I have never paid to enter SCarowinds since the first year and the year that i have to start paying then i'm sure i'll be complaining.

Wes
10-07-2004, 08:16 AM
How are u getting in free?

Carowinds 73-03
10-07-2004, 08:21 AM
I have about 20 friends who work at the park. They each get two free SCarowinds tickets and they never use them and they know how much i love going to the park so they give them to me. Last year i had 6 unused tickets.

BTW: Are you coming tomorrow night for ACE night wes?

Wes
10-07-2004, 08:27 AM
I wasn't planning on it, mainly because I don't like Halloween stuff that much, and I didn't want to shell out $16 bucks either.

Carowinds 73-03
10-07-2004, 08:31 AM
Thats understandable. Well if your intrested and i come across extra tickets (which i'm sure i will by Halloween) i'll keep ya posted.

Wes
10-17-2004, 08:16 AM
;party; 3000th post!!! ;party;

Had to make my 3000th post in a Carowinds thread. lol

So how was Scarowinds. I think you went ACE night right?

Carowinds 73-03
10-17-2004, 08:44 AM
SCarowinds was pretty dead ACE night and i think only about 10 ACE'ers showed up. Now last night was a different story. 10,000+ people which took about 30-45 min to get through each maze. The line for BORG & Top gun were way out the entrance all night. So far the biggest turnout for SCarowinds this season so i expect it to get more crowded the last 5 days.

bk2004
10-17-2004, 01:44 PM
Oh great. I am going next Friday and I am excited about it. I just hope it isn't that crowded.

Wes
10-17-2004, 08:10 PM
I hope we don't have a repeat of last year's final weekend.

I heard that they were over capacity and closed the parking and had all these people turned away. Then there were fights and such in the park.

Fun fun. Scary like Mr. Six. lol

bk2004
10-17-2004, 10:43 PM
/\ I was there! Or, I was outside of the park. I never really got in because of that reason. That's why I am not going back then!

coasetrphil
10-17-2004, 11:10 PM
I hope we don't have a repeat of last year's final weekend.

I heard that they were over capacity and closed the parking and had all these people turned away. Then there were fights and such in the park.

Fun fun. Scary like Mr. Six. lol
Well it can't be worse than the gangfights that break out at SFOG during Frightfest, especially on Halloween.

Wes
10-18-2004, 06:09 AM
Yeah it wasn't as bad as the fights at SFOG.

I hope Six Flags can keep things under control this year. Good luck :rolleyes:

bk2004
10-18-2004, 10:29 AM
I've seen a couple of fights break out at Carowinds, though I don't think any of them were gang fights.

I've seen three girls fighting before. Two against one. :eek: But I don't want to get too of subject.

Carowinds 73-03
10-18-2004, 07:14 PM
I made it inside the park last year, thankfully i got there at 6:30. The gates were closed by 9pm due to capacity and i do remeber one fight breaking out. Nothing major just a small brawl between 2 guys. They were quickly removed from the park. I'll just give you guys a heads up if your going any of the 3 nights Halloween weekend to be there early and the park is expecting capacity crowds.

slipknot8527
10-18-2004, 09:39 PM
Please revert to my gang fights stories of past Fright Night SFOG trips.....if any park out there is worse, I feel sorry for that park....

Carowinds 73-03
10-18-2004, 10:02 PM
I have only seen one fight that looked to be a gang fight in person and that was at PKD. Hopefully i never see one at SFOG since i'm sure that would be alot worse. The worse i have ever seen at Carowinds is a few guys fighting over a girl. Just funny imo.

bk2004
10-21-2004, 10:09 PM
Well, tomorrow's the day. I am going to Scarowinds. Yah!! I cannot wait. I just hope it's not too crowded. But I will still have fun even if it is.

And this year, I am going EARLY so I will be assured that I will get in, if you know what I mean. ;)

Wes
10-22-2004, 08:30 AM
I'll be out there tomorrow too. But not for Scarowinds. We'll be there 10-???

Carowinds 73-03
10-22-2004, 09:45 AM
I'll be there friday as well Brooks. I will have your Scarowinds ticket at will call under your name unless i hear from you today and i'll just give it to you outside the park.

BTW: I do have an extra ticket Wes if your intrested as well.

bk2004
10-22-2004, 10:18 AM
Free ticket! Are you serious! Yah! That actually helps me out a lot because my sister is coming too and that way she won't have to buy a regular ticket. I can just buy the discounted one with my Platinium Pass and let her use it. Thank you so much!! :D

Carowinds 73-03
10-31-2004, 01:48 AM
I have yet another FREE ticket to SCarowinds if anyone else is intrested. Tomorrow night is the final night.

LP_Reanimator
12-01-2004, 10:53 AM
A month later, the thread is revived. I've heard that Top Gun is slightly changing for 2005, anyone else heard this?

bk2004
12-01-2004, 11:17 AM
What?

Where did you here this at? How is it going to be 'changed'?

Whatever you heard I doubt is true because Top Gun is just fine.

LP_Reanimator
12-01-2004, 11:35 AM
I think I saw in someone's signature at another site. And I don't think it will be the track that is changed if it's true.

bk2004
12-01-2004, 03:31 PM
So then what? I mean, of course the track wouldn't be changed. But I can't think of any reason of to why anything about Top Gun would have to be changed.

LP_Reanimator
12-01-2004, 03:35 PM
I don't know, all it says was "Top Gun will be changed for 2005!! But you'll have to wait till opening to see!!" or something to that effect.

Carowinds 73-03
12-03-2004, 12:26 AM
I heard from my source that there will be some small type of change but i'm not about to discuss that here.

slipknot8527
12-03-2004, 04:38 PM
So then what? I mean, of course the track wouldn't be changed. But I can't think of any reason of to why anything about Top Gun would have to be changed.

They could make it worth half a crap!!!

prankt

Top Guns alrite.....