PDA

View Full Version : I need your help...

Dan G
05-13-2004, 10:28 PM
Well, I've never been to Knotts Berry Farm and I'm not too familar with the park. I just recently stumbled across this pic I found of the construction site of Silver Bullet and immediately I was questionable. Does the picture I'm about to post below make the site look small, and is that a pretty big area. I was really trying to picture the rendering Badnitrus came up with in that picture and I got nothing because in my eyes that pictures makes that area look tiny.

And another thing I was skeptical on was, are they building the laker that was in the rendering, or is it just going to appear? Is that what those wood walls are for in that pictures?

Once again, I've never been to Knotts and it's one of the parks I'm dieing to go to, but I don't want to go until this coaster opens. I'm not at all familar with the park so I couldn't imagine seeing Silver Bullet in this picture. Anyways...Here's the pic.

Silver Bullet Construction Site (http://www.westcoaster.net/images/updates/051004/051004-kbf014-lrg.jpg)

Carowinds 73-03
05-13-2004, 11:47 PM
The area is somewhat small but the coaster is being built over top of some things. It's a huge coaster cramed into a small space. The coaster is not slated to open until Dec 2004 so if your going just to ride the new coaster then i woulden't recomend going until next year.

Dan G
05-14-2004, 12:05 AM
That's when I was hoping to go...LOL I have no time to go there this year anyways. I got a lot of parks to go to that I haven't been to yet. ie Cedar Point, Hershey Park, and more.

Carowinds 73-03
05-14-2004, 12:18 AM
I'm also visiting 7 new parks this year as well. I got alot of the parks out of the way last year when i went to 20 new parks.

Dan G
05-14-2004, 01:07 AM
Yeah, when I go back to Pittsburgh, there are so many parks I haven't been to out there...ie all the Six Flags parks, Cedar Point, Hershey, Busch Gardens, the Paramount Parks. Hopefully in the next few years I'll get to go to them all.

bk2004
05-14-2004, 12:46 PM
The coaster is going to intertwine with other things around in that area. It's not just going to be sitting right there. But I do know that the the corkscrews and helix is going to be sitting somewhere near, or on there.

Dan G
05-17-2004, 08:20 PM
Sounds cool. I still don't see where that body of water comes from. I'm gussing it's going to be man made right...LOL Where else is it going to come from.

Carowinds 73-03
05-17-2004, 10:23 PM
I think the water was already there before. I could be wrong but i am pretty sure it was.

BimmerZ3
05-17-2004, 10:34 PM
Yes, there does appear to be a sort of resevoir for the lake that they simply drained for the construction of the coaster.

EDIT: Why the hell is there a giant bird's head in the bottom right of that picture?

Dan G
05-19-2004, 11:10 PM
I think it's the website it came from's trademark so no one takes their pictures...As for the lake, I guess it was there already cus the concept art showed the lake so, I guess your right.

Carowinds 73-03
05-20-2004, 03:03 AM
It was there last year when i visited.

Dan G
05-21-2004, 01:35 AM
I was just a little confused. Thanks for clearing that up.