PDA

View Full Version : Weezer

MWimmer8
06-22-2001, 04:58 PM
Weezer is the best band in the world!
<BR>Just thought id let u all know

Tom Zeliff
06-22-2001, 05:30 PM
Well I'd have to disagree with your personal preference there. I don't think that any one band is the best in the world. All bands have stregnths and weaknesses, and non of them are perfect. It depends a lot on each person's musical tastes too. I have nothing against Weezer, and I do have and enjoy the blue album. But they're not my favorite. I don't have a favorite, but I've got bands that I really like. Currently I haven't been able to pull my Linkin Park CD out of my CD Changer, but that's just my personal taste.
<BR>
<BR>-Tom

trock476
06-22-2001, 07:58 PM
along with millions of other fans around the world, id hafta say U2 is on top of the game. weezers alright, btw.

Coaster Canuck
06-22-2001, 09:41 PM
Weezer's alright, but my fav band would have to be Greenday. they're amazing in concert.

beltzies64
06-22-2001, 10:05 PM
Personally, I think Weezer sucks. Not trying to start a flame war, but IMO they just do.

Nosk8er
06-23-2001, 01:52 AM
weezer is awesome possum it was tight at graduation the saluditorian gave a speech that quoted weezer like 5 times..

Flix
06-23-2001, 04:16 AM
yeah, weezer are amazing!i really like the sweater song and hash pipe, but their old albums is better than the new one.

alpengeistlover
06-23-2001, 01:15 PM
I love the song and video Buddy Holly

coaster man098
06-23-2001, 02:46 PM
NO, UNLOCO's the best, and will always rule supreme

Andy Rathe
06-23-2001, 03:16 PM
I've never heard a lot of Weezer, but if they write their own songs and play their instruments themselves then they're OK!
<BR>
<BR>Best band at the moment IMO are AC/DC. Still taking the same three chords after almost 30 years and turning them into great rock n' roll tunes!
<BR>
<BR>Best band ever are the Beatles. No explanation needed.
<BR>
<BR>_________________
<BR>Andy Rathe
<BR>
<BR><b>ThrillRide!</b> Forum Moderator
<BR>
<BR>For News, Reviews, History and Records of the world's roller coasters, visit <a href="http://www.coaster-world.com"> Coaster-World</a>
<BR>
<BR>Coaster Crazy!<BR><BR><font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Andy Rathe on 2001-06-23 15:19 ]</font>

hulkster
06-23-2001, 03:26 PM
Rage Against the Machine, even though they broke up, they're the best.

Extreme Pearl Jam Fan
06-23-2001, 05:09 PM
The only Weezer song I like is "Say it Ain't So."
<BR>
<BR><!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>along with millions of other fans around the world, id hafta say U2 is on top of the game. weezers alright, btw. </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End -->
<BR>
<BR>U2's new music really blows. The Joshua Tree is one of my favorite albums tho.
<BR>
<BR>-Jagger

Cobra
06-23-2001, 07:03 PM
I really think that Weezer is just awful music. The noise my toothbrush makes as it slides across my teeth sounds better than Weezer to me.

skinny_guy
06-30-2001, 01:38 AM
<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
<BR>On 2001-06-22 19:58, trock476 wrote:
<BR>along with millions of other fans around the world, id hafta say U2 is on top of the game. weezers alright, btw.
<BR>
<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End -->
<BR>
<BR>I totally agree with you. U2 is my favorite band of all time. I love their new album, it's great. They can take any style of music and make it sound good. I love how every cd is different than all the rest, it just makes it so that I can never get sick of them. I've seen them live twice and they really put on a show. I don't want to totally go off topic here so I'll also state that I find Weezer to be an exceptionally great band. They're great to listen to. I like their new cd a lot, although the blue album will always be the best of the three.

Arslock
07-01-2001, 03:30 PM
<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
<BR>On 2001-06-23 15:26, hulkster wrote:
<BR>Rage Against the Machine, even though they broke up, they're the best.
<BR>
<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End -->
<BR>
<BR>Hell yes.
<BR>
<BR>RATM will be back...

The Beast
07-01-2001, 05:02 PM
IMO Stone Temple Pilots are the best band, Weezer is great too.

Ben Keller
07-04-2001, 11:45 PM
Nirvana,and The Smashing Pumpkins.

STL_TIMMY
07-05-2001, 02:22 AM
Weezer is the greatest band ever. anyone whos says they suck, sucks. because you are not as good as weezer, and if they suck then you suck more.
<BR>
<BR>Pinkerton was the best CD. shut up that's my opinion and I'm Sticking to it. damnit

=w=
07-22-2001, 12:31 PM
I like many bands and weezer would be right up there at the top with bands like blink 182 and sum 41!! By the way there new music is great, and there old music is great too!!

=w=

ragingbull05
07-22-2001, 01:41 PM
Now some members of RAGE formed a new band called Crystal Method. Weezer is AWESOME. Punk Rock. My favorite bands are Sum 41 and Limp.

potatoJAY
07-23-2001, 02:43 AM
i love WEEZER!
i like the blue album the most, then comes pinkerton, then the green album
i want to go to a weezer concert so badly!!!
and Coaster Canuck i'd have to agree w/ you about greenday being awesome in concert!
i just saw them yesterday at the bren center in irvine!
they played for like 2 hours!
it was great
they played all their old songs along with some new ones.

dakevsta
07-23-2001, 02:59 AM
Weezer is and always will be an awesome band!!!!!!

DragonSamurai
07-24-2001, 04:17 PM
Korn!!

Andy Hodgson
07-24-2001, 07:00 PM
Weezer is ok
i think the blue album was their best
personally i love Blink182 and Green Day best

X-Cellent
08-20-2001, 03:06 PM
Weezer rocks but they are not my favorite band mine are nirvana and metallica

birderboy
08-20-2001, 05:34 PM
=w= rocks! They're tied for my favorite band with Foo Fighters. I always change my preference of their albums over each other, so I won't list my order. But they're great. One of the reasons I like them is that their fan base is so huge and are so obsessive that you can rather easily find most any bootleg, rare, or unreleased song that you wish. When it comes to those, I really like Burndt Jamb, My Brain, Dope Nose, Slob, Zep Song, and a bunch of others. Well, that's IMO.

VomitComet
08-25-2001, 04:41 PM
Weezer is my favorite Band as of now! THEY ROCK!!! whats your favorite song, whoever posted this thread?

DyingDutchman
08-25-2001, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by hulkster
Rage Against the Machine, even though they broke up, they're the best.

um they didnt break up did they? their lead singer just left. oh and Limp Bizkit and Slipknot are the best bands ever.

V2kid62489
08-25-2001, 08:51 PM
Linkin park is my fav

Motionman
08-26-2001, 06:59 PM
Weezer is pretty good. A lot of people like Pinkerton but i just can't get into it. The blue album i think is one of the best LP's of the 90's. Rivers Cummo is a genius. Their no eagles though.

1984 v. 2.5
02-12-2002, 09:46 PM
=w=! The best up and coming band in the world IMO. They are also one of the few bands to hit the sophomore slump and actually come back! Quite a feat. Long live Weezer!

birdie311
02-13-2002, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by ragingbull05
Now some members of RAGE formed a new band called Crystal Method. Weezer is AWESOME. Punk Rock. My favorite bands are Sum 41 and Limp.

Wait, did u just say weezer, sum 41, limp, and PUNK ROCK all in the same paragraph. those bands aren't anywhere near punk. anyone who thinks those bands are punk needs to think again. i can't stand it when people call mainstream music punk.

miXmedia
02-13-2002, 11:16 PM
say it ain't soooooo.. I have the blue album and is good but I dont think they are the best... Sublime, Smashing Pumpkins, Jimmy Eat World, Pennyroayls, New Found Glory, AFI, Greenday, Incubus, Unwritten Law & Linkin Park are my faves at this moment in time

Originally posted by ragingbull05

Um Crystal Method is a techno/dance group what are you talking about and you don't know punk if thats what you think punk is

1984 v. 2.5
02-14-2002, 03:32 PM
You guys want some REAL punk music, forget the 90's stuff, go to the old school, that's where the best stuff is! The Sex Pistols, The Clash, and The Ramones are the original big 3 punk rock groups! Check out, "Anarchy in the U.K." by the Sex Pistols, "London Calling" by the Clash, and "Blitzkrieg Bop" by the Ramones. These songs are all awesome. Oh, and Birdie311, contrary to popular belief, YES, punk CAN be mainstream. Just ask the Clash, by far the most important punk band of all time, who had a top ten hit in the 80's with "Rock the Casbah."

Cobra
02-14-2002, 07:02 PM
Original punk music like the Ramones and Crass and the Sex Pistols and Black Flag sucks. Just because it started it all doesn't mean it's any good. The best punk is mid-80s to present, not mainstream crap like Sum41 or Blink182 but bands like Bad Religion and the Vandals and Propagandhi and Anti-Flag.

SpeedinTikit
02-14-2002, 07:53 PM
METALLICA, CREED, P.O.D., and STONE TEMPLE PILOTS

SpeedinTikit
02-14-2002, 07:58 PM
STP was good when they were able to get high and write songs at the same time. they're new stuff sucks.

TITANium Alloy
02-14-2002, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by SpeedinTikit
METALLICA, CREED, P.O.D., and STONE TEMPLE PILOTS

Amen, my brotha!!!
Long live Metallica, Creed, P.O.D., STP, and Smashing Pumpkins!!!
Back on topic. I never have really liked weezer. There's one song that I kinda' likebut that's it. I never have really liked punk rock that much. As you can see I like rock and heavy metal.:D

Skeeber
02-14-2002, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by TITANium Alloy

I never have really liked weezer. There's one song that I kinda' likebut that's it. I never have really liked punk rock that much. As you can see I like rock and heavy metal.:D

This was quite possibly the funniest post I have ever seen in my entire life. Good job.

TITANium Alloy
02-14-2002, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Skeeber

This was quite possibly the funniest post I have ever seen in my entire life. Good job.

I don't get it. Why is it so funny to you? I didn't mean it to be funny.

SpeedinTikit
02-14-2002, 09:45 PM
weezer pretty much sucks butt in my opinion. my favorite song by them is the one they never made. this way i don't have to listen to that queery lead singer of their's. the best punk rock band is blink 182 and they suck butt along with weezer so there. metallica, p.o.d., STONE TEMPLE PILOTS who's new stuff sucks butt but their old stuff that they made when they got high rocked like heck! smahing pumpkins are alright. and i would rather listen to ENYA than weezer!

Cobra
02-14-2002, 09:48 PM
the best punk rock band is blink 182

After reading this quote, I can judge that besides Blink182 and Sum41, you don't know any "punk" bands, do you?

SpeedinTikit
02-14-2002, 09:54 PM
yeah i know a few punk rock bands... blink 182, weezer, sum 41, offspring... the only punk songs i like that they play on the radio are by blink 182. and i'm sorry if i insulted any of yoy by sayins punk rock sucks. it's not THAT bad. i'm just more of a hard care person. i apologize.

Cobra
02-14-2002, 10:02 PM
It's not that you said punk rock sucks that is annoying.

It's that you said punk rock sucks and based that on Blink182 and Sum41 and Weezer.

You are right, those bands absolutely suck. But punk is an expansive category, and most punk is heavier and a lot better sounding than those bands.

SpeedinTikit
02-14-2002, 10:17 PM
oh yeah? hey my bad. i don't really know that much about punk. the bands i have heard aren't that good. what other punk bands are there?

Raging Rider
02-15-2002, 11:18 PM
Weezer has another CD coming out April 30 (I think). It was in Entertainment Weekly.

skinny_guy
05-16-2002, 12:29 AM
Well, since I'm sure if I started a thread about Weezers new album it would get locked for being a "duplicated topic" (heaven forbid), I'll just talk about it in this thread.

I bought Weezers new album today and I've listened to it a few times. I'm not totally sure what I think of it yet. I think it's rather different from their other albums. It seems to be more like Pinkerton than anything else, but it's still really different. I liked Pinkerton, not as good as the Blue album, but I liked it, and I think this new album is good to. There are a few songs that I really like. It seems more angry than their other stuff. Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, but that has been my first impression so far. I think I like the album overall. It's not half bad. I think Weezer has done it yet again.

Still though, the Blue album remains #1 on my list.

SFGAdvGal
05-16-2002, 04:43 PM
I love Weezer! They are awesome. I dont think they're the best ever but they rock. Their music is just happy music. Even hash pipe, its about drugs but it just makes you happy when you listen to it. lol Maybe I'm weird but they're cool. Yay for Weezer!

I also agree that Blink 182 and Sum 41 were punk rock at one time, but are starting to sell out. Now they're pop punk rock... Now that their playing Jimmy Eat World on the local pop station I hope they don't sell out too...

CPFan
05-16-2002, 05:57 PM
Weezer is ok. I have a few fav. bands.

Green Day
Alien Ant Farm
Blink-182

RaptorXLC
05-16-2002, 08:29 PM
I think Weezer is pretty good but I think their songs are way to short. each Cd is no longer then 80 minutes. All there songs are like 2 minutes long. I really like Undone(the sweater song) that's my favorite.

cedarpoint4ever
05-17-2002, 10:32 PM
Weezer is pretty good but,.........

The best band ever is and will always be the Beatles. There is no explanation needed there.
My favorite recent band is And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead. I just can't seem to get their new album out of my CD player.

Raging Rider
05-17-2002, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by RaptorXLC
I think Weezer is pretty good but I think their songs are way to short. each Cd is no longer then 80 minutes. All there songs are like 2 minutes long. I really like Undone(the sweater song) that's my favorite. Very few cds are longer than 80 minutes, most between 30-60. Undone is a great song and I hope to get Maladroit asap. If anybody has it, could you post a short review?

skinny_guy
05-18-2002, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by Raging Rider
If anybody has it, could you post a short review?

I just did. It's about five or six posts above this. And I have a follow up on my review. I am really really really liking this album more and more. Each time I listen to it, it gets better! I'm pleased to say that Weezer has made yet another masterpiece. Maladroit is an awesome album and any weezer fan should buy it. Well worth the $13 I spent to get it.