PDA

View Full Version : RCT2 crashed rides

killfrenzy
05-21-2004, 08:24 AM
Whats the best way to get crashed rides to work again...its got to be the most annoying thing when a ride you spend ages designing crashes in the test run and refuses to work again. I tried using beast trainer to make all rides new but this doesnt work, it still says 'crashed' Plz help :-(

btw...is there a rct specific mesage board here? i cant find one...got the ride fixed tho...just rebuilt the station and it worked fine.

Mod edit: Please use the edit button rather than posting twice if you would like to add something to your post.

coasterz44
05-21-2004, 01:11 PM
RCT2 Message Board:
http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=85

Just press the Close Ride (Red Flag) button twice in a row. The ride will go back to "Closed" status.

Cuddy
05-21-2004, 04:09 PM
Within the Beast Trainer, there should be an option to "make rides reliable." Use that as well as "make rides new" and you cshouldn't have anymore crashes.

Carowinds 73-03
05-22-2004, 01:33 AM
Thats the best part. I love making the coasters crash. Nothing funnier than an impulse coaster flying off the track at 70mph.

RLLrCoastrLover
09-18-2004, 07:25 PM
Rct has the funniest crashes. My favorite coaster to crash is the Reverse Whoa Belly (sp?)

Bruns
09-18-2004, 07:31 PM
The best part is making hoops and baskets using the scenery and trying to fly an impulse train through the target. Or make bulls-eyes on the ground with different terrain options. Sure, Its a waste of time and your life, but what the hell.

MrTitan101
10-18-2004, 09:12 PM
^oo you give me ideas here my friend..must try that one now.
Just double close the ride and it will work fine..they might not ride it if the peeps see it though.

Cuddy
10-18-2004, 09:18 PM
No, they might not. Best to go with a different paint job and keep it closed for a few months until those saying "Rollercoaster 1 looks unsafe to me" quit saying that.

bk2004
10-18-2004, 09:19 PM
Or you could just use block breaks. Then your coaster wouldn't crash at all, no matter how long you have had it open. :)

If it does crash and you do click on the red flags twice to 're-start' the ride, then some people still won't ride it because it won't be 'safe.' I always just re-track it so then I will have a new coaster, but with the exact layout and location, ect., ect. and that way everybody will ride it.

medieval
11-13-2004, 08:59 AM
Even if you use block brakes, the coasters can still crash.
For example, if you have a block brake, then a little later you have a chain lift for a reason, then the final block. If the train goes over the chain, vallies, then the train running after it will pass through the block, then crash.

Montu Man
12-11-2004, 12:08 AM
Or if you have a train going at 100 MPH with no brakes, just one block one, that won't stop it, and it'll crash.

_speedfreak
01-07-2005, 09:56 AM
U can also just save the ride (before it crashes), demolish it and built it again.
It will be new and you can fix it