PDA

View Full Version : Cedar Point commerical in California

bk2004
06-24-2004, 08:17 PM
I want to know why did I see a commerical for Cedar Point while I was in San Diego, CA eating at Oggi's Pizza? Trying to get SFMM while they are down? :confused:

It was just a commerical on Millennium Force. About 20-30 seconds long. I was very surprised to see it!!

coasterz44
06-24-2004, 08:26 PM
They're expanding their advertising market as stated somewhere in this thread:

http://thrillnetwork.com/boards/showthread.php?t=24662&highlight=Cedar+Point+Chicago

Carowinds 73-03
06-24-2004, 08:38 PM
I saw a CP ad here in charlotte a few days ago. It was the first one i had seen ever.

Aaron
06-24-2004, 11:29 PM
That comes as a bit of a surprise. I've only seen advertisements for Magic Mountian, the Disneyland Resort, and Knotts here. I realize they're expanding their marketing range, but 2,000 miles does seem like a bit of a stretch. I would assume that most Californians who go to Ohio would be told about Cedar Point anyhow.

coasterlove
06-25-2004, 07:18 PM
What was the program that aired the commercials for CP? I'm guessing it might've been a national show and CP was just doing a few national ads perhaps like Busch Gardens or Universal do.

bk2004
06-25-2004, 07:38 PM
I have no idea what channel or anything like that, but it was a baseball game. If not that, then the L.A. Lakers Basketball game. I can't remember since there were so many different T.V.'s in there. Like 10-15!

TopThrillDouger
07-04-2004, 07:43 AM
Well, Charlotte & California isn't the only place they are showing the commericals...but I would like to comment on it though briefly.

I think its a good idea for them to expand their advertising. I know that Cedar Point has always been renowed as a world-class amusement park and maybe this is one way they are trying to solidify that image.

Speaking about commericals, I did see a Geauga Lake commerical in West Virginia for the first time ever...which is purely Kennywood country since its less than 2 hours away...from my house that is (forgot to put it in the post ;)).

Whatever it is, I am sure that it is benefiting the parks in some shape or form...:)

Douger

CPdude05
07-04-2004, 12:25 PM
i have never seen a geauga lake commercial and i live 4 and a half hours away from it

i have seen tons of cedar point commercials though

SFOG Freak
07-05-2004, 12:29 PM
My step brother told me he saw a CP commercial a few days ago, it was probably the same one.

DEJA-VU RULES
07-05-2004, 02:26 PM
I saw a Cedar Point commerical today and it mostly showed TTD in the commerical I guss there are trying to get more people to travel to the park.

IslandKG
07-07-2004, 02:48 PM
Walt Disney World is known nationally, even among folks who live on the other side of the country. It never hurts to spread the word about your product to untouched areas. Cedar Point is simply achiving some brand recognition nationwide. Of course this is on a smaller scale than Disney, but the word will be out nonetheless. You can never predict when/where people from western U.S. will travel during the summer, or how far they would be willing to travel to visit Cedar Point.

Kyle L
07-07-2004, 02:59 PM
I never get Cedar Point commercials. Just the same old junk from Six Flags and Paramount's.

It was interesting none the less when I met Richard Kinzel. I met him near the water park area coming from the beach. After he introduces himself he asked where I was from. He was quite amazed that me and my dad had traveled so far to go to a amusement park.

I think a lot of instances like that have happened, but for the most part the general public out here doesn't know anything about Cedar Point. Only one of my good buddies I know really loves Cedar Point. He is totally jealous of me going this summer, while he is "just" going to Hawaii.

Coasterman 20
02-21-2006, 01:43 AM
I saw Cedar Point commercial here in Richmond.

Raptor
02-21-2006, 02:55 AM
In Illinois, I've never seen a Cedar Point commercial on TV, but I once saw a billboard that just said CedarPoint.com near O'Hare international airport.