PDA

View Full Version : Construction Begins:Paramount Canada's Wonderland

Pages : [1] 2 3

thephenom
07-29-2004, 10:59 AM
I believe construction on next years new ride has begun. Yesterday afternoon, digging began behind Sledgehammer and Psyclone which is right across from the Mighty Canadian Minebuster. There were plows and trucks removing dirt from this part of the park. This all but helps rumours that next year's new ride will be a new steel coaster using up the large portion of land behind those rides. I believe part of the coaster will be over water since there is a vast area of water in this part of the park. I guess Wonderland will have 2 coasters now that go over water (Vortex and 2005 new ride).

magnumxl2005
07-29-2004, 01:04 PM
yes looks like the 2005 year is gona be a great coaster season!

splashy
07-29-2004, 01:15 PM
they also have cleared some of the forest behinde the pizza pizza in Splash which I believe is where they are going to move all the stuff they store next to mine buster.

CedarPoint1988
07-29-2004, 08:33 PM
2005 looks like a good year for Paramount Parks...

darque
07-29-2004, 10:28 PM
Knock on wood...

tgrocks
07-29-2004, 10:59 PM
What do you think the chances are of this being the Footloose Coaster? I wouldn't think there would be enough room for a floorless behind Psyclone and Sledgehammer but I could be wrong.

MAGNUMXL2005: Yes ! I Believe this could be a year to remember for PCW @ least if this is a major coaster to make up for the dissapointing Tomb Raider Coaster... But for all the Paramount Parks? Is there rumors i'm missing or something? Has there been plows and trucks removing dirt in other Paramount Parks?

thephenom
07-29-2004, 11:15 PM
What do you think the chances are of this being the Footloose Coaster? I wouldn't think there would be enough room for a floorless behind Psyclone and Sledgehammer but I could be wrong.

MAGNUMXL2005: Yes ! I Believe this could be a year to remember for PCW @ least if this is a major coaster to make up for the dissapointing Tomb Raider Coaster... But for all the Paramount Parks? Is there rumors i'm missing or something? Has there been plows and trucks removing dirt in other Paramount Parks?
There is a lot of room behind Sledgehammer and Psyclone...there a vast amount of land and water to build the ride over. The ride will have to go over the water cause there is no other way they can build a coaster on the land that is behind the Sledge. It will be over the water.

I'm gonna try and pry more information out of managers and whoever to find out what this new ride will be

tgrocks
07-29-2004, 11:46 PM
thephenom: Thanx a lot! Oh by the way... du u work @ the park? Just curious. I heard in another thread thats the public announcement will be made soon!!!

Rumorboy001
07-30-2004, 09:02 AM
I'm gonna be at the park today, I'll see if I can get any other info and maybe some pics of the construction.

darque
07-30-2004, 10:47 AM
It's been said over and over again. Managers and Super's think that they know, but they really don't know. I myself have fallen victim to their errors. My brother is one of the police officers who gets to patrol through the park. He and I had a debate as to what PCW would be adding in the 2004 season, myself citing Screamscape himself what he was told by a manager. Guess what, we were both wrong (him more so then myself).

He was told by a "reliable insider" that PCW would not be adding a new coaster for a long time as the parks attendance spikes rather then maintaining itself the way it does when they add a flat ride. He also said that they would be removing Dragon Fyre due to its age. I had read flat ride for 2004 and coaster for 2005 with the removal of Kingswood. (He also said that wouln't be happening)

Tombraider it was. <shrugs>

Managers speculate and this gets past around as the word of god. Believe me, the guys working on the land right now wouldn't even know.

Same type of thing has happened in other threads. Only a handful of top exec's would know and the chances of them leaking it are 100 to 1.

So go ahead and dream, just don't get suckered in.

Rumorboy001
07-30-2004, 03:32 PM
I just got back from the park today, It was kinda busy so we didnt stay long mostly did all the rides in the Expo, and Action Zone and what not. But anyways I saw the construction, and there are tracktors back. They seemed to be digging and deffinatly clearing the land or somethin. So yea, didnt get a chance to get some pics sorry but there isnt too much to see just big piles of dirt with tractors around.

tgrocks
07-30-2004, 04:46 PM
ohh! this is exciteing

thephenom
07-31-2004, 02:36 PM
thephenom: Thanx a lot! Oh by the way... du u work @ the park? Just curious. I heard in another thread thats the public announcement will be made soon!!!Yes I do work at the park. I don't know when there will be a public announcement. But I recently talked to one of my managers and asked him if all the construction at the back of Sledgehammer was for the new ride and he was hesitant on telling me so. He told me it wasn't but I could tell he was lying. All he told me was the park has decided on next years new ride and the site has already been choosen. He told me that the site behind Sledgehammer isn't the site. But I still could tell he was lying. Where else could the site be? My manager is a bad lier..lol....only the managers in the park know of what the ride is and some supervisors as well. They are not aloud to tell anyone until the park officially announces it. If they spill the beans earlier than the park wants them to they could be in big sh1t because every employee has a confidentiality agreement in their contract. Even if I find out what next years new ride is I still can't tell you guys the exact info. But I could give rough ideas of what it is. Anyways, from the rough ideas I've been getting from managers is next years new ride is a coaster. It isn't another flat ride. Wonderland has installed enough good flat rides throughout the past 5 years that it's flat ride selections are really great.

CardShark
07-31-2004, 05:09 PM
It isn't another flat ride. Wonderland has installed enough good flat rides throughout the past 5 years that it's flat ride selections are really great.
The problem is that there isn't really anything in terms of flats that Wonderland doesn't have right now, with the exception of a Spider/Monster(Removed), Ferris Wheel, and some others...

Pcw
07-31-2004, 05:28 PM
Well tomorrow I'll try to get some pics posted. I probably wont but I'll try.

BTW, if they started the 2005 ride constuction early, would they shut down orbiter soon if its being removed?

tgrocks
07-31-2004, 05:29 PM
thephenom: Is it possible that your manager could be telling you the truth? Is there any areas in the park large enough to house a coaster other than the area behind Psyclone and Sledgehammer?

thephenom
07-31-2004, 05:39 PM
There are areas of the park where rides could be added but its not enough room for a coaster, maybe a smaller ride. I think he is lying. A couple months back he said next years new ride is going to be HUGE!!!! Therefore, it has to be built behind Sledgehammer because there is alot of empty land. Is there anyone else who works at Wonderland that know of any other area of the park where there is a large area of land available to build a new steel coaster? Maybe they will remove Dragon Fire, but I doubt that since it was the parks first steel coaster which opened with the park. You know what I was just thinking. There is a large area of land not used by Wonderland but the thing is its across Major Mackenzie, at the intersection of Jane-Major Mackenzie. If they ever plan on using this unused land a bridge will have to be built connecting the park to that area. But I doubt that land will be used anytime soon.

Pcw
07-31-2004, 05:45 PM
Or have another piece of land and continue there. THey could call it "Paramount Canada's Wonderland,continued" :P

tgrocks
07-31-2004, 07:35 PM
Cool. Say, How much room do you think the Addams Family coaster they showed in the survey would take up? I think that would be a cool addition to the park! A vartical drop coaster! Wow! What an addition for Paramount Parks!!!

thephenom
07-31-2004, 08:22 PM
Cool. Say, How much room do you think the Addams Family coaster they showed in the survey would take up? I think that would be a cool addition to the park! A vartical drop coaster! Wow! What an addition for Paramount Parks!!!
Actually, Wonderland wanted to put that Addams Family coaster in the park and intertwine it with the mountain centre piece of the park. I don't know how they were planning to construct the ride conjoined with the mountain but that was the idea the park had sometime ago but the plans didnt go through because of some legal copyright issue. But I still wouldn't rule this ride out since Managers could lie to me easily which is were I get this information from.

tgrocks
07-31-2004, 08:28 PM
So. @ one point the addams family coaster was supposed to be built in PCW! Wow! Do u remember when your manager told you this?

thephenom
07-31-2004, 08:32 PM
So. @ one point the addams family coaster was supposed to be built in PCW! Wow! Do u remember when your manager told you this?
Sometime in May

dilbert
08-01-2004, 09:01 PM
Last year I remember one of my managers mention that Fury and China is slated to be removed at the end of the season about 2 weeks before the annonucement of Tomb Raider. They also kept going on that something will happen to Dragon Fire in 2005 but apparently that's been said for the past 5 years and it's still yet to see a wrecking ball. I suppose that since it didn't get a paint job like the Bat, it's days are defintely numbered.

Pcw
08-01-2004, 09:11 PM
They also kept going on that something will happen to Dragon Fire in 2005 but apparently that's been said for the past 5 years and it's still yet to see a wrecking ball. I suppose that since it didn't get a paint job like the Bat, it's days are defintely numbered.

Really tough but there are more points for being demolished.
Good
-This year it got those new TVs
Bad
-No paint this year
-takes up a nice amount of space

I have been wondering, if it did get demolished, would The Bat be considered our Arrow looper even though its not arrow?

I've also been wondering....What the hell does VHR or what ever mean???That's what it says on the music videos at the bottom right corner...

tgrocks
08-02-2004, 09:23 PM
Pcw: Are u talking about that Sponge Bob music video they play in the ques? I've never noticed the VHR before...

Well, I don't think Dragon Fyre will be demolished any time soon. I heard that it has one of those Historic Coaster permitt thingys that prevents the park from demolishing the coaster. Ohh well.

I've got a question. How much are they digging behind Phyclone and Sledgehammer? I'm curious of this because i'm wondering how much room will remian in that area of the park for future attraction before the park has to start removing attractions...

Pcw
08-02-2004, 09:28 PM
Like the music videos such as Hoobastank and Prince :).

Also there's only a big mount of dirt right now.It seems they're getting ready to move that maintenance area with the bricks. I've spotted a few other those wooden platforms for the forklifts. The wooen platforms can be found under Minebuster's station.

tgrocks
08-02-2004, 11:16 PM
Well, the anouncement should be made soon. I heard in onother thread that the announcement for this ride will be made the same day as the announcement is made for the Coaster @ PKI! Signifying that the two attractions are infact the same... You never know. The rumors could be wrong...

Pcw
08-04-2004, 01:31 PM
Well it could be a coaster because then they would have probably already drained the lake out for the building or whatever.

tgrocks
08-04-2004, 03:02 PM
I do believe that this attraction will infact be a coaster...

Bratman
08-04-2004, 10:03 PM
The "VHR" in the videos is actually the logo for the American music channel, VH1. Why they have it broadcast in a Canadian park, i duno, other than the fact the programming is done centrally for all Paramount parks. Just seems silly to broadcast VH1 when VH1 isnt available in Canada. Another one is the promos for CBS ....... an American network......... and yeah I know that we can get it here with cable, from Buffalo..........

As for being on - topic, if this is a new coaster, and a big one at that, I just might renew my seasons' pass next year :-)

As for the land across Major Mack, the only thing I see PCW doing with that is expanding their parking lot into it, and then using a portion of the current lot to expand the park into. Knock out Kingswood and a portion of the lot next to it, and you can have a whole new themed area.........

dzmatt
08-04-2004, 11:53 PM
VH1 is owned by Viacom, the same company that owns Paramount Parks, as is CBS. That's why they have those things...

As to the construction behind Sledgehammer/Psyclone, why does everyone assume that it is going to be for the new coaster? Is it not conceivable that they're simply putting in more games, or another upcharge attraction like Lazer Runner? Or they could be expanding Kingswood to put more seating in. Or, they simply need the dirt for landscaping somewhere else in the park. There are many options which do not require a new coaster to be put into that place...

On the other hand...I could just be someone who enjoys doing a little ******* disturbing and thinks it would be funny if someone actually believed him!

CardShark
08-05-2004, 11:42 AM
Matt: I have one word to say to you now...
KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

Skotto
08-07-2004, 01:50 PM
Anyone taking pictures? Last time i was at the park was the civic holiday, wondering if they kept going on it.

Nosferatu
08-07-2004, 03:07 PM
There is not much to see yet, just mounds of dirt. But i realize that they are starting to lay a gravel or cement layer down by the turnaround of minebuster for the new storage. But I dont think there will be much to see untill the announcement is made.

Mr. MineBuster
08-11-2004, 02:35 AM
IMO Wonderland should Build a parking garage (10 stories maybe) and use the rest of the old ground lot for park expantion.

Pcw
08-11-2004, 01:24 PM
and use about 3 for the season pass parking!

I don't think they should do that because if they had to evacuate the park (for some weird reason) it would be a bigger mess than it is during those holidays. Besides they'd need more people to patrol the floors.

lukeventura
08-11-2004, 01:36 PM
Yeah with the mess that happens in the parking lot at 10PM... could you imagine that in a garage?! It would take hours to get out!

PKIDelirium
08-18-2004, 07:47 PM
IMO Wonderland should Build a parking garage (10 stories maybe) and use the rest of the old ground lot for park expantion.

Guess what, they ARE building a parking garage!

Sorry, couldnt resist! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

edh101985
08-21-2004, 04:51 PM
Don't know if anyone realized this, but PCW is getting a Italian Job: Stunt Track. http://www.rcdb.com/document129.htm Nobody even mentioned it here.........

Rumorboy001
08-21-2004, 04:54 PM
LoL ur slow but thats okay, yea it was posted a long time ago. Most of the convo is in Pcw2005 its just there hasn't really been much to post about. Because construction is just starting with clearing the land and what not.

edh101985
08-22-2004, 12:24 AM
Um, whats the point of having 2 topics about the exact same thing? :confused:
And I haven't even been keeping up with anything from PCW. I just recognized it on RCDB. I don't even think TN had a news story on it....

Rumorboy001
08-22-2004, 12:18 PM
Um well the Pcw2005 topic started in the rumors section at the begining of summer with all the rumors about PCW getting a coaster called footloose. Then about 2/3 weeks ago or so construction had begun at Canada's Wonderland, so someone decided to open a new topic in the 2005 construction topic. Then on August 12th PCW and PKI announced their new rides. So one of the moderators here decided to move the Pcw2005 topic to the 2005 construction section. So thats basically what happened. But your right TN didn't put a news story on it. They only posted about PKI's ride. You think they would have at least put in a line like "PCW is to get the same ride".

blackmetalmosh
08-22-2004, 01:25 PM
so the new rides at PCW and PKI are going to be the same?

Rumorboy001
08-22-2004, 02:14 PM
Identical. Same layout, same themeing, therefore probably same price (as someone questioned in the PKI forum).

Rumorboy001
08-22-2004, 02:18 PM
Sorry for the double post. But anyways a couple days ago someone posted this picture over at ultimaterollercoaster.com of what the ride layout may look like and where it may be located in the park (PCW that is).

http://members.shaw.ca/spaztiq/pcw-italianjob-spaz.jpg

They said they watched the video a couple times to draw out the layout. It actually looks fairly accurate to me. The only part in question is the layout of the track while in the tunnel after the second launch. Because they don't show much of it in the video. But other than that, the rest of the drawing looks accurate.

blackmetalmosh
08-22-2004, 02:35 PM
i think the themeing is going to be AWESOME. but i also think it mite not be working most of the time.

Rumorboy001
08-22-2004, 02:38 PM
I'm not sure if this ride will or not. Both rides are being made by PREMIER, almost like the Mummy type ride. And I've heard both those rides have been operating fine. Then again tho PREMIER has been the company to make rides like Batman & Robin: The Chiller and the Mr. Freeze rides, which all seem to expierence quite a bit of downtime. So you could be right.

magnumxl2005
08-22-2004, 02:52 PM
well this ride looks very unique...i am wondering about how fast the launch is and also how are they going to do the stairs effect?

Rumorboy001
08-22-2004, 02:56 PM
Well, the launch i've heard is from anywhere between 40-50 mph. As for the stairs effect, I have no real clue. Maybe the train will be programed to do that or somethin. Because I know the trains will have speakers installed in the head rests to create the different sounds of screeching tires etc... throughout the ride. As well the headlights on the fronts of the mini's will actually work. So yea the trains will probably be equiped with something to make the train bounce when it gets to the stairs.

Rumorboy001
08-23-2004, 04:49 PM
Just found this other drawing, of the Italian Job: Stunt Track's layout. It's a little different from the other one I posted. I dont really know the story behind this one, but after watching the video again it also looks accurate (except for the fact that the coaster has two stations).

http://users.pandora.be/coasterland/pkipcw.jpg

tgrocks
08-24-2004, 02:22 PM
Does anyone know how construction is coming along? Is it stil just big mounds of dirt?

Pcw
08-24-2004, 03:49 PM
Yes. They probably won't start constructing the actual ride yet. Just the land clearing for now and moving hte maintenance stuff.

tgrocks
09-21-2004, 03:22 PM
I went to the park on Saturday... Nothing yet... Although I must say, for Tomb Raider The Ride being such a crappy coaster it sure does look beautiful at night...

justaguy
09-22-2004, 03:45 AM
"easily visible if you look hard enough", lol.
Anyways.. since no one's seen it, care to share for those who are curious?

pcw10
09-23-2004, 05:26 PM
What point in the park did you see it at?

Mac
09-23-2004, 09:08 PM
I thought, and I didnt get it. TELL! TELL! TELL! someone did this same thing last year, and its just frustrating.

Mac

Pcw
09-23-2004, 10:04 PM
I know were all curious but I mean there's still some time to check it out...

tgrocks
09-24-2004, 01:28 AM
I've been there a few times this summer and the most i've noticed are groups of peeps, standing talking and pointing, and a little trailer setup beside Minebusters breaks. . .

I was there last Saturday and I didn't see anything... I guess my eyesight ain't that great....

Pcw
09-24-2004, 09:40 AM
That trailer was always there. They could be pointing at the maintenance area (for some odd reason)...

pipesdrums
09-24-2004, 08:19 PM
Is there any track or supports or anything at pcw yet?

Pcw
09-28-2004, 07:04 PM
Well I had a look a few days a go...everything is moved except for a dumpster. It might be me but it seems like more land has been cleared...

BTW, I caught someones hat on Wild Beast :p

Mac
09-29-2004, 06:18 PM
Is it a dead body?

Pcw
09-29-2004, 08:22 PM
I guess Im blind... :cool:

Mac
09-30-2004, 08:06 PM
I'm just waiting for this person to go on and tell us what it is. I dont like these stupid games, if you dont want to say it, why did you bring it up!?

tgrocks
10-09-2004, 12:42 PM
So the park is gonna be closed soon.... WhAAAAAAAAA! I hate the off season!!!

chach45
10-10-2004, 12:27 PM
It sucks so bad! Why cant we be like parks in California and be open all the time!!! ( you dont have to answer that)

Pcw
10-10-2004, 04:01 PM
I wouldn't mind walking around the park with no rides during the winter though...

There's a HUGE difference since the last time I was there. The land seems to be pretty much all cleared out and there's a new trailer. Theres an orange fence all around too. There are a few orange marks around so my guess is either for footers or the splah thingy will be...

Rumorboy001
10-10-2004, 08:53 PM
I was up there yesterday and yea a lot more has been cleared. There are a lot of markings on the groud aswell and it looks like they have most of the ride planned out. Inbetween spaces of the ride trees have been left up and it looks like its really commin along. As far as that think you said is there wildfyre, I have no clue what it is. For a second I thought it was that yellow thing in the middle of the area and that it was a piece of track or somethin but after a second look I saw that it was just a part of a bulldozer. Anyways it looks cool though.

tgrocks
10-19-2004, 08:34 PM
I wonder when vertical construction will begin? Do you thing they will keep us updated with construction pics on their site? I hope they do! Wow! This ride is gonna kick A$$!!!!

BTW, how does RCDB know that this ride will only launch @ 40mph? It seems a bit low don't you think? Thunder Run is 40mph! Either way, with all the theming and Special Effects this ride has, Its gonna be an awesome addition to wonderlands lineup of rides!!!

wonderland man
10-19-2004, 09:18 PM
I think that is a typo. Wonderland was saying 60MPH earlier werent they? 40MPH seem really low but we have to consider the hright of the ride, from the video it only appears to be about 50ft tall (about the same as tomb raider).

tgrocks
10-19-2004, 09:53 PM
Well i dunno.... It's kinda confusing. They didn't really realease any stats of the ride. They just said that it was made by Premier. I've never been on one of there coasters. R they rough? Reliable?

Last time I was @ wonderland I saw in the display video that the cars are going to vibrate as they go down the stairs! It looked amazing!!!!! I wonder how they're gonna do that? You can't really progam a train can you?

splashy
10-19-2004, 10:12 PM
This is just a guess but they will probably make the trains rumble with like rumble strips like they have on the road. Maybe like little bumps on the track or something like that.

pipesdrums
10-20-2004, 04:13 PM
http://www.globalairphotos.com/images/on/vaughan/2003/vah2003_010.jpg

dudes, someone draw on that photo where they are clearing the land and such.

Pcw
10-20-2004, 06:52 PM
This is just a guess but they will probably make the trains rumble with like rumble strips like they have on the road. Maybe like little bumps on the track or something like that.

It could be like that is the up-stop wheels arent that close to the track.

dudes, someone draw on that photo where they are clearing the land and such.

right beside Minebuster. That 'little' piece of land. It seemed to have extended a bit over that pond...lake....thingy.....

tgrocks
10-27-2004, 11:07 PM
Why is Wonderland the only one of the Paramount parks not to have a halloween oriented event?

Does anyone know if any of the parts have arrived (supports, track, ect...)?

pipesdrums
10-27-2004, 11:18 PM
^Probably because it closes before halloween.

splashy
10-28-2004, 12:07 AM
I believe they aren't open for halloween because it gets cold and the weather is unpredictable. You can have snow end of October and they probably need some time to get the rides ready for winter

tgrocks
10-28-2004, 08:26 PM
Why would the suports be red? Aren't they black in ther animation video?

Anyways, thats cool WildeFyre. Are you fibbing? LOL! God knows enough people do it on these forums! LOL!

Bratman
10-29-2004, 02:07 AM
I believe they aren't open for halloween because it gets cold and the weather is unpredictable. You can have snow end of October and they probably need some time to get the rides ready for winter

If SFDL can stay open until Hallowe'en, then I say PCW can, too. I am sure they get more snow there than we do in Toronto......and even if it gets cold, it can still be fun. I did SFDL one year at this time, with the mercury hovering around 0C. I bundled up, and had a great time.....

pipesdrums
10-29-2004, 02:14 AM
The park used to have a halloween event, but I don't really think it was that popular.

pcw used to have a haunted house in the kingswood theatre. I dont know if they still do that anymore asi ahvnt been to the park in october in about 2 years

Pcw
10-29-2004, 05:43 PM
Is anyone hasnt noticed.....there are construction photos on the parks website. Not too much though. A few pictures of the land clearing and all. Hope they keep getting updates!

Pcw
10-29-2004, 11:11 PM
They did that for Sledgehammer too I think. I remember seeing the hole dug up and all that. They only took it on one angle (facing Minebuster)....probably to block out the Mondial :p

Coaster Freak
10-30-2004, 11:26 AM
pcw used to have a haunted house in the kingswood theatre. I dont know if they still do that anymore asi ahvnt been to the park in october in about 2 years

They did it for the last 2 weekends of the year in the last 90's (97 & 98 only I think). I had helped to set it up the first year it happened.

tgrocks
10-31-2004, 09:16 AM
Does anyone know if it was actually scary? Or was it cheesy...

Pcw
10-31-2004, 09:19 AM
Im guessing cheesy 'cause if it were scary, it would probably still be up....

pipesdrums
10-31-2004, 09:22 AM
It was very cheesy haha

The 'walls' inside the haunted 'house' were made of black cloth so you could see and hear right through the thing...not to mention it wasn't the lease bit scary.

If you want scary go check out the haunted barn @ Magic Hill...they recomend that you be at least 14 i think and they dont let pregnant people in haha

Pcw
10-31-2004, 09:44 AM
I just realized something...If the rides suppose to be the first level 5 in Canada,how do you get your family ready for it? Wouldnt there be some family members left out....?

tgrocks
10-31-2004, 01:31 PM
Whats Magic Hill? It sounds AWESOME!!!!!

What exactly does a level 5 ride mean? Its more thrilling than all the other rides in Canada???

Rumorboy001
10-31-2004, 01:41 PM
You know, Paramount rates their rides 1, 2, 3 or 4. Well I guess a rumor is saying that the new ride will be given a rating of 5.

Pcw
10-31-2004, 01:46 PM
(example- PKI's Top Gun is a level 5 ride, while PCW's Vortex (clone) is a level 4)

I thought PKIs was a clone of Vortex...First it was PKIs Bat then PCWs Vortex then PKIs Top Gun....at least that's what I know...

PKIDelirium
10-31-2004, 05:46 PM
No NO No

PKI's Top Gun is a 4 rating.

Beast at PKI is Level 5

Paramount rates from 1-5

see ratings chart at http://extremepki.houstonthrills.com/trip.php

Pcw
10-31-2004, 05:58 PM
It's only PCW that doesnt have a level 5 rating because Canada is more strict about maintaining rides and such.

Rumorboy001
10-31-2004, 08:28 PM
Um okay I really doubt there is some offical way of parks "rating rides" and that canada has stricter rating things or whatever. Okay its just the parks choice on how there gonna do it. Thats all. Its nothing special really. Its just the parks own way of defining which ride is more scary or more gentle or whatever so the gp will know. Honestly you ppl are turning this into the dumbest convo ever. Parks rating rides and there being official ways on doing so lol man...

tgrocks
11-01-2004, 07:00 PM
Well, those intensity ratings are kinda dumb cuz everyone has their own opinions on different rides but still, i find it kinda interesting. Anyways back on topic.

Is our IJ:ST a clone of the one @ PKI or will each one have different elements?

Pcw
11-01-2004, 07:58 PM
Im pretty sure they should be the same. They should be any different....well maybe the theming but who gives a dang?

Ours shouldn't be considered a clone. There may be a lot more PKI landamrks in the video but I did see WonderMountain in the video. PCW is probably know as the worst Paramount Park or at least the least known. We should get some credit this time.

tgrocks
11-01-2004, 09:41 PM
Pcw, I agree 100%. Our park may not be the park with the best coasters, but it has a friendly, exciteing atmosphere and the BEST COLLECTION OF FLATS of any Paramount Park, maybe even North America or even..... the world! Anyways, I'm extramly proud to say that Paramount Canadas Wonderland is my home park!!!!!!!! GO PARAMOUNT CANADAS WONDERLAND!!!!!!! You ROCK Pcw!

Pcw
11-02-2004, 11:05 AM
Yea, TSSA was in the Bat 'incident' report. They mention them saying 'That's what the ride was suppose to do' but for some reason they name the headline "The Bat Out of Hell"...:confused:

tgrocks
11-02-2004, 04:31 PM
"The Bat Out Of Hell"!!!!!!! WOW! Talk about overreacting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!

dzmatt
11-05-2004, 12:28 AM
The Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA) is the regulatory body in Ontario for amusement devices and lifting devices such as elevators. The TSSA mandates what rides can go in, what types of restraints must be used, the maximum g-forces allowed, and things like that.

They must inspect each and every component of every amusement devices, including ALL of the rides and waterslides at PCW before they can ever be operated. They say how many cycles must be put on a ride before people can be loaded onto it, and many other things like that.

In addition to this, they also investigate safety incidents, and perform spot inspections throughout the year. I have witnessed a TSSA inspection, and believe me...they are absolutely the most thorough thing in the world. The TSSA inspectors crawl over every single piece of the ride, walking the track, checking welds, checking every component of all of the rides. If they don't like something, then the ride doesn't ever get opened until they are satisifed.

The TSSA is one of the biggest reasons that Canada does not have a level 5 coaster. (I say Canada because all of the major parks are in Canada...all two of them :rolleyes: ) Until there is definitive research done on what the effects are on riders on high-G force rides, then Canada will not have a level five coaster...period.

None of Canada's clones are level fives in the states, unless they are outside of the Paramount Parks. Vortex and its clones, Bat and its clones, all of these are the same level rating.

Coaster Freak
11-05-2004, 12:31 PM
Is there anywhere that defines the various 'Ride Levels'? I was always under the assumption that these were ratings assigned by the park as a way of providing info to the GP on a rides intensity (or lack of).

dzmatt
11-06-2004, 03:06 AM
There's no one set definition for a specific level. All of the major chains set their own ratings according to their risk assessment (ie: Insurance...) The level of a ride may be different between chains, but it will always be consistent within a chain. That is to say, a level four at PCW will be a level four at any other Paramount Park, but it may be a level three or level five at a Six Flags park.

You're right though, the ride rating serves as a quick and easy way for park patrons, especially season's pass holders, to know what a ride is like without having to check all of the signage every time they go to a new ride.

tgrocks
11-06-2004, 12:43 PM
Well, thats kinda dissapointing knowing how strict the TSSA is with amusement park rides. I quess we'll never see a hyper in Canada.......

Pcw
11-06-2004, 12:55 PM
Are there stricter G force limits in Canada?

And about that story about how we got PKIs Drop Zone...If we didnt, do you think we would get something bigger(gyro) or smaller (Nothing at all)?

tgrocks
11-06-2004, 04:32 PM
I couldn't see us getting anything bigger seeing how close the airport is...

CardShark
11-06-2004, 06:34 PM
If La Ronde gets its Hyper, they'll have TWO things PCW doesn't, a hyper and a B&M...

Mac
11-06-2004, 06:56 PM
......So what, that doesnt make La Ronde a better park at all.

dzmatt
11-06-2004, 09:32 PM
I couldn't see us getting anything bigger seeing how close the airport is...

Ya know...Toronto City Centre airport (on the islands) is a lot closer to the CN tower than Drop Zone is to Pearson or Downsview...and there's no height restriction on the CN tower...

If there is any height restriction at all, it is a municipal bylaw to preserve the skyline. For example, just down Major Mac in Richmond Hill, they have a bylaw that states that no building can be built tall enough to obstruct view of the three churches that are at Major Mac and Yonge.

Also...if you think that LaRonde is a better park...you're posting in the wrong forum. It's not the number or types of rides that exist within a park, it is the overall feeling of a park which is important. Therefore, having a Hyper and a B&M does not make LaRonde a better park. I would say that PCW is probably one of the best parks on the continent, though WDW and DL are coming back and trying to reclaim that position.

Pcw
11-06-2004, 10:37 PM
It all depends on how people look at the park. If they care about the family environment or if they're thrill seekers. No one likes a park where fights would be expected break out and where the staff don't do their job....

tgrocks
11-06-2004, 11:28 PM
Thats another reason why I love PCW. They can satisfy both sides of the spectrum, The Thrill Seekers and The NON Thrill Seekers.

This year, they are adding the IJ: ST, which I think is aimed at both sides! There killing 2 birds with one stone here!

Pcw
11-07-2004, 12:30 PM
If there is any height restriction at all, it is a municipal bylaw to preserve the skyline. For example, just down Major Mac in Richmond Hill, they have a bylaw that states that no building can be built tall enough to obstruct view of the three churches that are at Major Mac and Yonge.

Which way do they look at the churches? 'Cause you can always go and look at it in a nother direction and still see it :rolleyes:

Coaster Freak
11-07-2004, 12:41 PM
Ya know...Toronto City Centre airport (on the islands) is a lot closer to the CN tower than Drop Zone is to Pearson or Downsview...and there's no height restriction on the CN tower...

While proximity is one factor, it is the flight path and the aircraft size that are the bigger concerns. The CN Tower and the orientation to the City Centre airport runways do not cause problems for pilots. Plus the CN Tower is pretty well lit in comparison to an amusement park late at night with only a series of flashing red lights. But PCW is on one of the flight paths toward Pearson so they must take into account the heights of their attractions.

That said, Drop Zone is already taller than most hypers that exist at 230 feet, so that argument is dead. I suspect that it is more of a price issue than anything else.

CardShark
11-07-2004, 02:13 PM
I'd love to know WHERE in that post did I say that La Ronde was better? I didn't. Just stating a fact. And PCW knocks La Ronde on its ass any day.

tgrocks
11-07-2004, 02:29 PM
I'd like to go to La Ronde, even though PCW is probably better. I could ride my first B&M! LOL! Anyways, I can't ever see PCW getting a hyper, even though height might not be a factor. Its just not their style, unfortunatly,but none the less, it will still be one of the best parks ever!

Anyways, back to the IJ:ST. Do you think that the track will actually be yellow like in the video? I was thinking about that the other day. I think it would be better black or gray to simulate pavement seeing that the whole ride takes place in a simulated city.

Pcw
11-07-2004, 03:12 PM
It probably will be yellow. They usually don't go with dark colors. Look what they did to Tomb Raider! The movies kinda somewhat doesnt seem to be a brightly colored type of movie. I dunno....Im not into tomb raider.

Skeeber
11-10-2004, 02:15 PM
BTW, how does RCDB know that this ride will only launch @ 40mph? It seems a bit low don't you think? Thunder Run is 40mph!

Thunder Run's maximum speed is 40 km/h. Much slower than 40 mph.

tgrocks
11-10-2004, 03:07 PM
Ahhhh, for some odd reason, I thought Thunder Run was 40 m/ph. Thax for clearing that up Dave.

hulkrider04
11-10-2004, 06:33 PM
Thats another reason why I love PCW. They can satisfy both sides of the spectrum, The Thrill Seekers and The NON Thrill Seekers.

This year, they are adding the IJ: ST, which I think is aimed at both sides! There killing 2 birds with one stone here!Thats because they are a THEME PARK. Most theme parks do that. Even IOA does that.

tgrocks
11-10-2004, 07:53 PM
well, I don't see how Sky Rider or Vortex have a theme but i see where your going with this hulkrider04. Lots of the rides @ wonderland do have themes like TR:TR, Wild Beast and Dragon Fyre, although the themes might not be that evident. For example, Dragon Fyre is located in the Medieval Faire section of the park. Most people relate dragons and strange "Wild Beasts" ect. with the medieval times.

I can't wait for IJ:ST. Its gonna have ENORMOUS!!!!!!!!! Lines!!!!!!!!! Hope its worth the wait!!!!!!!

I GOT MY SEASONS PASS!!!!!!

Pcw
11-11-2004, 07:39 PM
I can't wait for IJ:ST. Its gonna have ENORMOUS!!!!!!!!! Lines!!!!!!!!! Hope its worth the wait!!!!!!!

I GOT MY SEASONS PASS!!!!!!

Must you shout in every post you make in this thread??

And there's a crumbled castle tower in the queue for Dragon Fire.
Anyways, I think they went away from the whole THEME park idea for awhile and went towards the AMUSEMENT spectrum.
Examples:
-Med Faire has Cliffhanger and Speed City Raceway
-Grande World Expo has X-treme Skyflyer, Top Gun, Psyclone, Sledgehammer, Tomb Raider, Skyrider, Jet Scream, etc.

I mean, even the ride name changes show the move away from themes...remember Wilde Beast, Dragon Fyre, Viking's Rage, Wild Knightmares, Quiotex's Kettles, Sol Loco, Pharoh's Falls, etc...

Now, I know they made the area between Tomb Raider and SledgeHammer the Action Zone, but it's smack dab in the middle of Expo...to demonstrate what I mean, look at this example: EX-Action Zone-PO
I think now they're just going for Amusement Park with themed rides, rather than areas...except for maybe HannahBarbarra Land (and all lands included in it)

The park is really disorganised with those old themes. Drop Zone should be in Action Zone and Tomb Raider could probably fit in the Medival theme....I think.

The whole Action Zone and 1980 Expo is really confusing. Even if I don't really care it's kinda nice to know. Expo ends off at that stand between TR and Psyclone??

tgrocks
11-11-2004, 09:12 PM
Sorry Pcw, i just love expressing my feelings towards things. Sorry if that upsets you. I agree, with your comments Pcw, on the disorginised themes. Most of the rides have a theme of some sort but Drop Zone is deffinatly in the wrong place.

WildeFyre, whats Pharohs Falls, I don't recall ever seeing something like that @ PCW??

What do you think we'll get for 2006? Just curious to see what people think. I have a feeling were gonna get Splashworks re-themed to Boomerang Bay.

The IJ: ST, is a lot better than I originaly expected. I kinda sucks to know that we were actually supposed to get the Adams Family Vertical Drop Coaster... Oh well, you can't always get what you want.... Still though, this is gonna be a fantastic addition to the park.

CardShark
11-11-2004, 09:14 PM
1890= Swings of the Century, Carousel, most shops/games
Action Zone= Everything else, including some shops/games
So yeah, I figure 1980 is going the way of Smurf Forest. Just a much slower death.

Pcw
11-11-2004, 09:17 PM
^^I wonder if that whole smurf videos still around (with smurfs as the anti-rollback system of TTD) :)

WildeFyre, whats Pharohs Falls, I don't recall ever seeing something like that @ PCW??

Sorry about that whole shouting thing but it was really getting annoying. Anyway, I know your not talking to me but Pharohs Falls was a log flume that was where TG (Yes, TG :rolleyes: ) is.

splashy
11-12-2004, 12:58 AM
Sorry but I have to correct you there. It was Zumba flume that was where TG is now, Pharohs Falls was over where psyclone and sledgehammer are now. it was like a water slide but you sat on a sled and wasn't part of Splash Works.

Pcw
11-12-2004, 05:11 PM
Oh shoot. I keep getting mixed up with those to seeing that I havent been to the park in those days. I wish I had though....

Pcw
11-14-2004, 03:36 PM
Is it like that body slide in Splashworks, Wipeout I think it's called, except with the addition to a sled? It would be cool to have a winter event in the park. It could have snow sleds and more ads for the ride :p

<---1000 posts ;party;

tgrocks
11-14-2004, 08:04 PM
Sorry, I've realized that I can get pretty annoying sometimes! LOL! Remember, last year I kept emailing PCW to find out how construction was comming along! LOL! I look back on it now and realize how much of a stupid @$$ I was!

Anywho, Its funny how I don't remember Pharoh's Falls... I just went to PCW Junkies and saw it on one of their old scaned maps.

So, did every one get a last ride on the Orbiter before the end of the season? Its kinda sad seeing a classic ride get removed. I hope they at least sell it to another park instead of selling it for scrap.

Pcw, I luv your avitar! Très schique!

SkYlInE
11-15-2004, 04:29 PM
Yea well, think again. PCW just posted new contruction pics and the 4th one under November, look at The Orbiter in the back. It's tilted up, and it appears to have to cars on it. I could be wrong though, as I've heard they are re-doing that area for the entrance of IJ: ST, so they may be doing something else with it. Take a look at those pics though, theyre making some good progress it appears, and thank god they are actually posting pics this year. 2005 is looking great.

dilbert
11-15-2004, 05:31 PM
To me, it seems that the cars have been removed from Oribiter. They would need to have the footings done before the winter really starts and the ground is frozen, which I guess is why they started work before the season ended.

wonderland man
11-15-2004, 05:36 PM
I also noticed that the cars are gone. Do they take them off for the winter? I think the orbiter is probably going to be gone next year :( because it was not on the map this year.

tgrocks
11-15-2004, 06:06 PM
You beat me to saying that wonderland man!

I have a feeling it is leaving us this year. The last day I was there, (sometime in September) I got one last ride on it.

tgrocks
11-15-2004, 10:59 PM
Wildefyre, where do they store all the trains of the coasters and the cars to all the ride in the park when they are removed for the winter? I know that you work @ PCW. I was just wondering if you could please tell me?

I wonder when track will start arriving? I know they're just getting the site preped but its so exciteing! I cant wait!

Coaster Freak
11-16-2004, 09:19 AM
Typically they are stored in the Courtyard area behind Dragon Fire unless they are actually being worked on. If they are worked on then they are brought to the maintenance facility. From my experiece, I have only ever seen them store the coaster train cars and never any of the flat ride cars/carriages.

dzmatt
11-16-2004, 11:48 AM
It really depends on the coaster/ride. All of the Wooden Coaster trains live in their sheds unless they're having major overhaul work done. Beast, Buster, and Ghoster will spend most of the winter in their sheds. Dragon Fire lives underneath its station unless major work is being done on it. The other coaster/rides are stored in different locations around the park, ready to be moved to wherever they're needed.

I'm not sure about storing them in Courtyard. I'm sure that they store some stuff there, but it just wouldn't make sense to store everything there because of its location. When I was there for training in early March, they had some coaster units staged beside the rides. Vortex's trains were sitting on the path by Vortex, the Fly cars were just up the path. The only ones that it would make sense to store in Courtyard are the units from Nightmares. Why would they take the trains from Vortex into the maintenance building, then take them all the way down to Courtyard when they have many other places that are just as good to store them that are much closer to the ride.

They also don't store the trains assembled. They take them apart, and store each car separately. They only get reconnected once they get put onto the track.

CF: Did you actually see things in Courtyard, or was this third hand information?

dilbert
11-16-2004, 12:39 PM
For the Top Gun trains, I heard that they are stored in the mountain. They kept the carriers behind the the fence at the transfer track during the season.

Coaster Freak
11-16-2004, 12:43 PM
CF: Did you actually see things in Courtyard, or was this third hand information?

I saw it with my own eyes while working in the park during the off-season. I can distinctly remember seeing the cars from Bat, Fly and Top Gun.

The trains only get placed near the rides prior to them being placed on their tracks but otherwise they are placed under cover from the snow.

tgrocks
11-16-2004, 03:54 PM
Ahhhhhh. Wildefyre! Your so luck! I'd love to work @ Paramount Canadas Wonderland. Already got one though...

PKIDelirium
11-16-2004, 10:07 PM
stored IN the mountain? wow

tgrocks
11-18-2004, 03:20 PM
Do you think that theres enough room inside the mountain to build a new ride in the future?

Pcw
11-18-2004, 05:22 PM
Well to me I don't think they'll build anything. With the stucture of the mountain isnt as strong as you probably think and the thing being almost 25 years old...you'll probably be seeing lotsa supports of that ever happens. There's also the entrance and exits and theming to look after. The extra support will cost some money plus getting into the mountian plus the machinery into the mountain, plus the actual ride so yeah...there's lotsa things to look at.

wonderland man
11-18-2004, 06:21 PM
a long time ago I remember being told that people use to be able to walk up the path on the mountain and look out from the top, is this true?

Pcw
11-18-2004, 06:30 PM
It's more of a myth to me but Im not sure at all. I've heard that there was a path but then someone fell from it so they closed it down. Im totally sure you were able to walk behind the falls I think....

CardShark
11-18-2004, 09:44 PM
You could walk to the top of the mountain(Vortex goes over the top now and you can see down) the first couple of years the park was open... I'm not sure of why it was closed, from what I've heard there where problems with people getting injured in the tunnels and I'm not sure whether Thunder Run cut some of the access to the top off or not.

Rumorboy001
11-18-2004, 10:23 PM
The path was closed because Vortex was built up on the top. So yea they can't have poeple walking around while a roller coaster is swingin right infront of them so yea thats the reason. But yea its not a myth the path was and still is there you can see it.

Deanster
11-18-2004, 10:25 PM
All I know is that you were able to walk behind the falls a long time ago. I kept hearing that the reason they closed the access was because there was an accident involving a man who was playin frisbee. When went over the ledge to catch it he fell into the falls and died. I dunno if its true but alot of people have heard about it.

tgrocks
11-18-2004, 11:09 PM
I can't see that being true, but i never even knew that you used to be able to walk behind the falls! That would be pretty cool! Anyways, yeah, there are paths on the mountain. you can see them when you reach the top of Vortex's lift hill. I used to think that it was just for staff but Dave told me a while back that it used to be the obseratory deck of the mountain!

dzmatt
11-18-2004, 11:28 PM
The path was closed long before Vortex was ever built. I'm not sure when it officially was closed, but I know that I have never been up to the top of the mountain, and since I have been going (1988 or so), you have never been able to go up to the top of the mountain.

You were able to walk behind the falls for a while, but they closed that about ten years ago because of the difficulty in keeping that area free from slips and falls, the fact that people could jump into the water from that pathway, and the fact that people were using that pathway for thing other than walking.

The path up the mountain still exists. You can see it in a number of places. From Vortex, you can see the observatory platform, which also houses the (now defunct) Eruption control room (little booth at the top), and is one of the places that they launch fireworks from on May 24, and Canada Day. You can also see the beginning of the path when you're walking up the south (left) side of the mountain from international street towards Jet Scream/Skyrider area, by International Showplace. If you look up the side of the mountain just as you reach the first entrance to International Showplace you can see where they've added some fake rock to block off the entrance to the pathway, and you can see the pathway leading up the mountain. That's the real reason they don't want you climbing up those rocks...they don't want people getting on top of the mountain...and they don't want people getting hurt...that too...

For a good look at the History of Wonder Mountain, go to http://www.pcwjunkies.com/trips/pcw/trpcw0602.htm

Coaster Freak
11-19-2004, 09:29 AM
All I know is that you were able to walk behind the falls a long time ago. I kept hearing that the reason they closed the access was because there was an accident involving a man who was playin frisbee. When went over the ledge to catch it he fell into the falls and died. I dunno if its true but alot of people have heard about it.

If I remember correctly, there have been two incidents involving people drowning in the pool directly in front of the mountain where the water fall goes into.

dzmatt
11-19-2004, 10:55 PM
Not true. Nobody has ever drowned in those pools, or for that matter...in any pool at PCW.

Pcw
11-20-2004, 08:14 AM

Why would you come to the park to play frisbee especially where it can be easily lost (in front of water)? I've heard on some culture days people bring soccer balls to the park and play...

Deanster
11-20-2004, 10:39 AM
who knows. They could have won or bought one at the park.

CardShark
11-21-2004, 10:08 PM
BTW, for those watching the Santa Claus Parade, the PCW float was Shaggy and Scooby in a Red Mini Cooper on a yellow track...

tgrocks
11-22-2004, 10:01 PM
Yeah! I was @ the parade! It kinda sucked. No offense to you Torontonians. I've seen better parades in small towns. I was kinda dissapointed, but then again, the PCW float was one of the best ones in the parade! Along with mother goose of course! LOL!

Yeah, i just noticed that now! It was a red mini cooper on a yellow track!

dzmatt
12-02-2004, 04:10 PM
Think someone could post a pic of the float (if you've got it?)

Also, does anyone know if they manged to get all of the footers and ground work done? If they haven't, they're gonna be stuck for a while because ground work is next to impossible to do in the winter with the ground frozen.

Pcw
12-06-2004, 05:47 PM
I dunno if the cold has reached Vaughn yet but I just got a pile of snow.

Obviously they'll probably stop everything for now. Im really curious about what will happen around Minebuster. Hope everyone else get's lost while I get my place in line. Just kidding. I meant in the front of the line. :p

tgrocks
12-06-2004, 05:55 PM
I heard that winter was the best time to do construction work because the ground it brittle and easier to break apart.....

Does anyone know what happens on the special seasons pass opening? I've never been to one......

Pcw
12-06-2004, 05:59 PM
I heard that winter was the best time to do construction work because the ground it brittle and easier to break apart.....

But then it would be covered with ice and snow. It would be like an extra layer of earth to dig up.

If they did dig, what could they do next? Snow could pile up on the footer. Im not sure how long it takes to dry and become solid but Im pretty sure that some of the water in the mixture could be frozen and be albe to get damged easily.

wonderland man
12-06-2004, 06:06 PM
Season Pass nights are GREAT! usually they open the gates at 6:00pm and you can get you pass processed (usually takes a long time) or you can go right to the rides. All of the rides are open with the exception of Timber Wolf Falls and White Water Canyon. The crowds are really small and you can go on the same number of rides in the 4 hours the park is open as you can during a regular day in the summer. As far as I know it is usually the last friday in April.

wonderland man
12-06-2004, 07:51 PM
Acctually it's not permafrost. Permafrost is a layer of ground which has been frozen for two or more years. Although the seasonal frost might affect the construction, but I assume that the footers are already in. Also PCW it takes concrete normally a month to fully cure.

Jerry S
12-06-2004, 08:49 PM
Yay, I'm the first American to post here (I think). I haven't looked around all the pages, but are there picture of things yet, such as track, or even construction beginning?

Dan G
12-06-2004, 11:29 PM
Has there actually been any construction on the IJ coaster yet...I mean this one and the one at PKI was announced a few months ago and I have yet seen any radical change in construction. I just hope Paramount can speed it up and get the two coasters opened for opening.

Bratman
12-07-2004, 12:31 AM
I imagine the footers are all in the ground now..........

The ride and its special effects are being prefabricated at the manufacturers' place.....just a matter of bringing them to the park and assembling them. The park will have to landscape for the ride, then allow perhaps a month for construction.

tgrocks
12-08-2004, 03:39 PM
Dave, I really apriciated those pics! I've been wondering what its like inside the mountain for a long time! Thanx! Oh, by the way, wahat is the dragon for? I heard that it was once themeing for thunder run???

hulkrider04
12-08-2004, 04:43 PM
In regards to the Italian job, I haven't heard anything about it yet. However the park has a horrible habit of leaving things until the last minute.Completely agree but they get it done.

Pcw
12-08-2004, 05:18 PM
Dave, I really apriciated those pics! I've been wondering what its like inside the mountain for a long time! Thanx! Oh, by the way, wahat is the dragon for? I heard that it was once themeing for thunder run???

Uhh youre not much of an observer. It's pretty hard to miss the thing once your in there. Haven't you noticed the 'heart beats'?

tgrocks
12-08-2004, 05:25 PM
Uhhhhhhh. No. Sorry if i'm not a great "observer" but i tend not to ride the Thunder Run.........

Anyways, I can't wait until this thing goes vertical! Its gonna be sooooooooo cool! Anything is better than Tomb Raider! LOL! J/k!

When exactly did track start arriving 4 TR:TR? Wasn't it like late Feburary?

tgrocks
12-08-2004, 07:52 PM
Cool. Well, IJ:ST seems like a WAY! larger project then TR:TR! so maybe they will have to start construction sooner than usual. I mean, the rides duration is 3 mins +! Its gotta be a pretty large coaster!

Mac
12-15-2004, 10:20 PM
Some footers have been poured.

Pcw
12-16-2004, 05:17 PM
That seems possible since they can take advantage of the 'winter' we have right now. It's just cold, no snow at least not here. Im really curious as to how the Minebuster midway will look. Maybe a newer sign for Minebuster and maybe Skyrider? Who knows...?

bk2004
12-16-2004, 06:43 PM
Wait, I didn't know that there was a coaster in that mountain. Cool! Those pictures were interesting. I always love seeig 'behind the scenes' photos.

tgrocks
12-18-2004, 12:47 AM
Yeah! I love those coaster shows on TLC and Discovery that show you behind the scenes in some parks! I saw one that show how Delirium @ PKI worked and they showed you how they inspect it every morning! It Was Pretty COOL!

Pcw
12-19-2004, 08:28 PM
A little late but go to the virtual thingy of Italian job and then skip over to 1:36. You'll actually see WonderMountain in the background but it looks like it's facing the wrong way(facing towards the ride).

dilbert
01-03-2005, 04:52 PM
Seems like 4 more construction photos were uploaded recently. So far it seems that the footing are done and some steel has been errected though no colored pieces yet.

wonderland man
01-03-2005, 05:21 PM
do you think that the steel structure they paced by the water is for the parking garage or for one of the billboards throught the ride (like the MINI one)?

dilbert
01-03-2005, 07:36 PM
Apart from the freezing rain on Sunday and two weeks ago, the odd snowfall (so far ~3 in total), and a few days of cold weather alerts, it's been milder winter than a few winters ago. Construction should be ahead of schedule as the ground shouldn't be that frozen yet.

Bratman
01-05-2005, 05:35 PM
Looking at the photos, I would say the steel structure is the beginning of the parking garage. Looks like most of the footers are in place. With the exception of the worst of days, they should be able to put track in place throughout the winter, and when the weather improves, they can put in the finishing touches (i.e. paint, flowers, trees, the highways signs....). Between this coaster and the spinning wild mouse being built at Martins' Fantasy Island, its gona be a good year for coasters here..........

Pcw
01-08-2005, 10:01 PM
It's gonna be so cool! People will probably be busy with IJ. Line ups will be low for other rides probably but parking will be freaky...

tgrocks
01-09-2005, 11:57 AM
I can't wait 4 this ride! Its gonna be sooooooooo awesome. I remember taking the survey about IJ: ST and Addams Family. I thought that the IJ: ST's description was kinda stupid. I thought it was like a virtual ride, kinda like something u would see in the action fx theater. Now that i see it in pics and vids, i can see how cool the ride is actually going to be! I can't wait 4 the season pass holders opening! Its gonna be soooooooooooooooooo cool! Lines will be very long though!

How much do you think that this ride will decrease the lines of the other rides in te park?

I also think that since this is such a big project 4 PCW, we probably won't see another coaster 4 years!

Pcw
01-09-2005, 02:01 PM
Actually, it may increase the amount of people but in the morning I expect many people running towards IJST.

We'll probably see a coaster some time sooner but Im expecting some mediocre (sp?) ride and maybe replacing some old flat (possibly Orbiter in a few years...).

tgrocks
01-09-2005, 03:09 PM
Pcw, what du u mean (sp)?

Sorry i'm kinda tired. It will most likely be somthing really obvious

reon
01-09-2005, 03:11 PM
paramounts canada wonderland...

Carowinds 73-03
01-09-2005, 03:14 PM
Any recent photo updates? I would love to see how this rides coming along.

dilbert
01-09-2005, 04:19 PM
On most days that I opened at TG two years ago, there's always guests running up the q-line even though it was built in 1995. Mind you though that TR:TR was not built yet...

dzmatt
01-10-2005, 12:47 AM
Believe me...TR:TR didn't change much...TG still had people running up the line right at (and even before) open! Alright...here's how these things usually work. Early in the year, there will be a small dip in the length of lines for other rides while everyone waits in line for IJ:ST. But most people will still go for their favourite ride, or rides they know won't be crowded first. There's not gonna be a huge difference in line lengths.

tgrocks
01-10-2005, 06:51 PM
WildeFyre, I totally agree with you. I believe that next year, Wonderland will get the Boomerang Bay expansion and the year after, something will be added to Nick Central or perhaps a new ride for Hanna Barberra Land. Then a few new state-of-the-art flat rides, followed by a new coaster in around 2009 or maybe even 2010 or 2011.

dzmatt
01-10-2005, 11:03 PM
I wouldn't even expect it that soon. At least not a major coaster...look at the last decade.

1995 - Top Gun
1999 - The Fly
2001 - Silver Streak
2004 - Tomb Raider: The Ride
2005 - Italian Job: Stunt Track

I would say that short of a major new innovation in coasters, PCW won't get a new coaster of any type until at least 2010, and probably not a major until 2015 or beyond...

Pcw
01-11-2005, 08:06 AM
But maybe they can surprise us...
With attendance going higher than ever before(at least what's expected this year) they'll probably attract more guests without season passes which would make some money. Hopefully, they do something major before 2010.

wonderland man
01-11-2005, 12:04 PM
Has everyone forgotten that Wonderland will be celebrating 25 years of operation in 2006. I think we can expect a new ride for that.

Coaster Freak
01-11-2005, 02:39 PM
Has everyone forgotten that Wonderland will be celebrating 25 years of operation in 2006. I think we can expect a new ride for that.

You are mistaken. The 2005 year is the parks 25th anniversary year and thats why we are getting the IJST.

tgrocks
01-11-2005, 03:05 PM
I thought the park opened in 1981. Therefore, wouldn't 2006 be their 25th year of operation?

Coaster Freak
01-11-2005, 03:09 PM
I thought the park opened in 1981. Therefore, wouldn't 2006 be their 25th year of operation?

It did...so 1981 was the first year of operation. Thus making 2005 the 25th year of operation.

Deanster
01-11-2005, 03:10 PM
when i looked at the IJ booth at the front entrance it had a 25th anniversary logo. So 2005 is the 25th anniversary

wonderland man
01-11-2005, 03:19 PM
My mistake, Sorry :S

dzmatt
01-12-2005, 12:40 AM
Just so everyone is clear...you cannot have an anniversary until you've been open at least a year.

2005 - 25th Season
2006 - 25th Anniversary

1981 - 1st Season
1982 - 1st Anniversary

Does that help?

Bratman
01-12-2005, 01:54 AM
SO maybe something big for 2006 too??? One can only hope........

tgrocks
01-12-2005, 08:04 AM
I doubt it Bratman. I'd be willing to put money on it that we get Splashworks remodeled to the Boomerang Bay waterpark next year.

Coaster Freak
01-12-2005, 08:41 AM
Just so everyone is clear...you cannot have an anniversary until you've been open at least a year.

2005 - 25th Season
2006 - 25th Anniversary

1981 - 1st Season
1982 - 1st Anniversary

Does that help?

You are technically correct. The park is celebrating its 25th season but I don't think that they make the distinction between '25th annivesary' and '25th season'. From a marketing perspective, 2005 is the big year.

bigboy_1234567
01-12-2005, 09:55 AM
I would have to say the for 2006 CW will be getting an innovative flat, maybe a topple tower. I think that the management at CW know that their flats are some of the best in the world, their much cheaper than a coaster, but can still attract fairly large crowds. I think some other parks are hopping on the flat bandwagon, seeing what they can do to a park without adding a coaster, like Cedar Point, and the addition of maXair. They are also nice filler rides for future plans.

tgrocks
01-12-2005, 08:09 PM
I really hope we get the topple tower! It looks sooooooooooo awesome! Maybe we'll get something like Thrill Shot @ SFMM! That would be cool too! I think its called Thrill Shot anywayz. Yeah!

For our next coaster i'd really like to get a B&M Floorless coaster. I think the Footloose idea was awesome and i just cant get it out of my mind! LOL! I can dream can't i.

Italian Job Stunt Track looks awesome! A great addition to our line up of coasters. When do u think the track pieces will start to arrive and well be able to see the coaster taking shape?

Bratman
01-12-2005, 08:54 PM
I imagine late February/early March will be the latest they could start assembling the coaster, given all the theming that will have to be done before the opening at the beginning of May.........

dzmatt
01-13-2005, 02:50 AM
Bratman...you'd be surprised what they can do in one night...

I would actually expect to start seeing pieces of track on-site before too long. PCW is gonna come out of its winter shutdown in about two or three weeks, and then I would expect them to be laying track in one area, while they do framing in another, and theming in yet another. I fully expect to see completion of the framing no later than the end of February, and the track should be in place no later than the end of March. PCW's Mechanics and Entertainment Techs are amazing workers who can pull miracles out of thin air, but even they need time to get something like IJ:ST up to snuff. There's also the fact that they need cycles on the ride before they can ever put anybody on it, so the track and all of the on-track theming HAS to be complete no later than mid-April so they can get all of the cycles on the ride to have it open for Opening Day.

Coaster Freak
01-13-2005, 09:02 AM
Maybe we'll get something like Thrill Shot @ SFMM! That would be cool too! I think its called Thrill Shot anywayz. Yeah!

Seeing what happened with Cedar Point's installation of this ride (one tower collapsed in the offseason), I highly doubt that PCW would add this ride. Plus its an upcharge attraction which keeps many people from trying it. I was at SFMM 4 or 5 months after CPs went down and SFMM still had theirs closed and I really wanted to try it out.

wonderland man
01-13-2005, 10:40 AM
Vertigo at CP collapsed due to cracks in the towers due to the freezing weather so i dont expect PCW to get one. they are better suited for warmer climates.

tgrocks
01-13-2005, 03:58 PM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, that sucks. Anyways, maybe theres something cooler out there. Any ideas (4 future flats @ PCW) ?

Pcw
01-13-2005, 09:01 PM
Well they have the 2005 calendar up on their site. It should be a few weeks before the map...maybe....

126 days of the public operating days...

The video has changed on the index page a while ago with added guitar sounds and other animations (like 'New for 2005!' images).

Bratman
01-14-2005, 01:15 AM
I wonder when they will publish some of the "vital" stats for this ride. I know we have heard of a 40 mph launch, but I would like to see some of the other stats, like length, etc.

wonderland man
01-14-2005, 08:56 AM
Excellent that means season pass night will be friday April 29th. :):):):):)

Pcw
01-20-2005, 06:23 PM
Hmm..Apparently they changed PKIs Italian Job to black...will it be the same with PCWs?

I'm really loving the park right now. Check out this picture:http://canadas-wonderland.com/i/assets/winter6.jpg. For some reason the lift hill looks like it's dented on the side...no my mistake. It always looks like that :p

Plus many more at http://canadas-wonderland.com/corpinfo.jsp. That picture is hidden because they made a mistake and put 'winter5.jpg' twice for Minebuster.

Wes
01-21-2005, 03:44 PM
I have a question...

Didn't PCW take out a ride this year?

We're trying to figure out what the 2nd new ride at PC is going to be.

Did it look anything like this? http://www.screamscape.com/html/pc_-_2005_1.html

pipesdrums
01-21-2005, 03:51 PM
^What it that? Some kind of boat ride? I don't think anything has been removed from PCW.

Pcw
01-21-2005, 05:41 PM
BTW, it seems DF got a new paint job. Can't really see if Skyrider did though...

pipesdrums
01-21-2005, 06:13 PM
yes, we got rid of the Fury and Great Whale of China. But those dont look like the cars from either of them.

I thought those were removed last year?

BTW, it seems DF got a new paint job. Can't really see if Skyrider did though...
Same green/brown? I hope they didn't touch the trains. The dragons on the front cars are cool.

Bratman
01-21-2005, 11:22 PM
The boats linked to a few posts back are for a to-be-announced attraction at Carowinds, as was reported today at www.screamscape.com .

Any word of track on site yet for IJ ?? Apparently, there is track onsite at PKI....

Pcw
01-22-2005, 12:04 AM
^The tracks been there for a while now and it's black. I guess that's cool.

Same green/brown? I hope they didn't touch the trains. The dragons on the front cars are cool.

Well new paint at least. It looks pretty cool.

lukeventura
01-27-2005, 10:37 PM
Why do they keep the Orbiter in the upright position over winter like in this picture?

http://canadas-wonderland.com/i/assets/IJconstructionimage13.jpg

tgrocks
01-29-2005, 09:52 AM
Isn't the Orbiter being removed this season to make room for Italian Job Stunt Tracks queing line? Thats what I heard. I had never been on it so i took a go on it in the 2004 season, thinking that it was my last chance. LOL! I dunno anymore.

Anywayz, Pcw, when you said theres been track there for a while where you referring to the IJ:ST @ PKI OR THE IJ:ST @ PCW? Just curious.

I like the idea of the track being black. It would resemble pavement more. I cant wait for this summer! I'm soooooo excited! I have a really good feeling about this coaster and I truly deep inside myself, have a gut feeling that we will be getting Splashworks rethemed to Boomerang Bay for the 2006 season. Which is great!

Pcw
01-29-2005, 01:02 PM
PKIs. What rides do you usually go on? I thought most, if not, everyone has been on Orbiter. It's pretty fun for the out of control feeling.

RollerNut
01-29-2005, 02:17 PM
The Orbiter isn't on the 2004, isn't located between Sledgehammer and Pysclone?

Pcw
01-29-2005, 02:35 PM
...What? :confused:

Ryan F
01-29-2005, 04:03 PM
no, Orbiter is inbetween SledgeHammer and Minebuster

tgrocks
01-29-2005, 11:32 PM
Well Pcw, I tend to stick to the more thrilling intermediate rides in the park. Drop Zone, Shockwave ect. anywayz. The Orbiter isn't shown on the 2004 map. U would be correct Rollernut which in my opinion would support the rumors of it being removed in the off season between 2004 and 2005...

Pcw
01-30-2005, 12:04 AM
I'm really confused about Rollernut and tgrocks's comments about Orbiter. If Wildefyre is correct, how is Rollernut? :confused:

Pcw
01-30-2005, 10:10 AM
http://canadaswonderland.com/i/assets/winter4.jpg

You can actually see some of the expansion on the left side.

tgrocks
01-30-2005, 06:47 PM
Pcw, just curious. I'm really tired so this is gonna probably sound really dumb and the answer to this question is probably gonna be really obvious but in that image, what can you see the expansion 2?

pipesdrums
01-30-2005, 07:46 PM
What expansion? All I see is the stream and the queue line for Jet Scream.

Pcw
01-30-2005, 08:20 PM
The line was over there? I feel retarded now :confused:

pipesdrums
01-30-2005, 10:14 PM
http://img192.exs.cx/img192/1033/winter44ih.th.jpg (http://img192.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img192&image=winter44ih.jpg)Is that where you meant?

tgrocks
01-30-2005, 11:02 PM
Huh? Now I'm even more confused! LOL!

pipesdrums
01-30-2005, 11:17 PM
Where the arrow is! See that queue line with the street lamps?

tgrocks
01-31-2005, 12:08 AM
What about the queue with the lamps? Isn't that the queue for Sky Rider?

pipesdrums
01-31-2005, 12:12 AM
Jeez.....Not to be rude or anything, but can you read? haha...

That arrow is pointing towards the queue line for Jet Scream. I'm asking if that is what Pcw thought was part of the expansion.

tgrocks
01-31-2005, 12:15 AM
Oh, sorry. LOL!

I'm reallt tired. That looked like the queue for Sky Rider when I first looked @ the pic. Sry..... and yes..... i can read....

pipesdrums
01-31-2005, 12:30 AM
Skyriders queue is on the other side of that stream in the middle of that picture and skyriders queue is nothing but a wooden fence, not metal queue rails ;)

Pcw
01-31-2005, 06:09 PM
Yeah that was what I meant. I thought it was more behind where the picture was taken. That river just had a bridge and I thought that they expanded that section a little bit more.

joebob
02-01-2005, 07:33 PM
More construction photos have been posted on PCW's site, showing that early track installation has begun. The track is indeed black, and many supports and whole sections of track have been installed, including some a section of straight track, as well as the Parking Garage.

You can view them over at http://www.canadas-wonderland.com/corpinfo.jsp

pcw10
02-01-2005, 07:44 PM
Does the helix in the first helix go 90 degrees? I can't wait to ride this. This will be the first launched coaster I will ever go on!

Macyismydog5
02-01-2005, 11:20 PM
^ It might, if so that will add to the ratings I bet :)

pipesdrums
02-01-2005, 11:54 PM
The tunnel looks like it will provide some very very good head chopper effects!

Coaster Freak
02-02-2005, 09:46 AM
I'm glad that PCW has really put some effort into putting timely construction pics on the website.

tgrocks
02-02-2005, 03:18 PM
Yes, I agree. This year they are keeping everyone very well updated with their progress! I'm impressed at how fast everything is coming together...

I like that the track will be black...

pcw10
02-02-2005, 07:24 PM
^Ya, I also like the track being black.I think they should have put an inline twist somewhere in the ride. That would be cool.

tgrocks
02-02-2005, 07:31 PM
yeah! I was thinking the exact same thing! They could have like a BIG explotion that send the riders spining through the air! (an inline twist)!

I guess great minds think a like.

pcw10
02-02-2005, 08:54 PM
I was just wondering, does anyone know where the queue line starts?

dzmatt
02-03-2005, 12:19 AM
Last I had heard, the plaza where Sledgehammer is was going to be expanded. The bathrooms there were going to become freestanding (with all sides exposed to guests, instead of just the front, and the queue line would run behind Orbitor.

dzmatt
02-03-2005, 10:35 AM
hmmm...I wonder if the coopers will be unrealistically wighted like they are in the movie too?

pipesdrums
02-03-2005, 06:28 PM
Who cares? They will probably wiegh just as much as any other coaster train..

tgrocks
02-03-2005, 07:40 PM
Yeah. Probably. I have a question. Are there gonna be like computers in the trains? I heard that the trains are programed! Thats soo cool!

wonderland man
02-03-2005, 09:10 PM
By "Programmed" do you mean the sound effects, and shaking of the trains?

tgrocks
02-03-2005, 11:27 PM
Yes! Thats what i'm reffering to. @ first i heard that when the train enter the subway and descends the stairs the track would be rough creating the effect of descending a staircase in a mini, but i have recently heard that they will be very high tech and will be programed to vibrate when descending the staircase...

rlrcstrfreak
02-04-2005, 01:43 AM
hmmm this ride looks neat, then agian I like all new rides and add ons. But im not that knowlageable on CW, so wha is the wood coaster in the back?

dzmatt
02-04-2005, 01:59 AM
*sigh...too bad sarcasm is lost on this generation!