PDA

View Full Version : Nothing for CP next year ???

M_Force_2002
08-02-2004, 08:12 AM
Does the lack of any rumors or news from CP mean that we should not expect anything new in 2005 ??

PS Mods: If this is in the wrong forum, please move it....

Magnum Robert
08-02-2004, 09:01 AM
I don't believe CP has officially announced anything new for next year. Until CP announces the next attraction(s), then everything is a rumor---and believe me, the rumors are flying. :)

Air
08-05-2004, 04:02 PM
To me Cedar Point has no coaster to have. I mean they can't build a 500' coaster or something like that. It'll have to be something thats not a hyper/giga/strata, but still be record braking.

CP could have a Dive Machine that's like 299' tall with multiple inversions and like 3 verical drops.
But as of now no official announcement has been reported.

CPdude05
08-05-2004, 04:49 PM
There will be some flats going in next year which are needed BAD.

Huss giant frisbee!

vidgms2
08-05-2004, 05:12 PM
Its only August. Don't expect news for the next season until at least LATE August or after.

slipknot8527
08-05-2004, 07:56 PM
oh noes....guess we'll have to ride the two tallest coasters in AMerica for another year.....

erniebald57
08-05-2004, 09:52 PM
There are plenty of rumors out there for Cedar Point. Always has, and always will be. The new flat rides seem to be the most logical, since most of CP's flats are 50 million years old. Why are people expecting CP to build a 500 footer? They've had enough trouble with 420 ft. There are plenty of other coasters that CP could get. They could do with a good water coaster, or a new GCI woodie, or the much touted Beemer flyer. To be honest, a 500 footer is the last thing that CP needs for a couple of reasons. First, they need some flat rides in the worst way. Second, nobody is testing TTD's record holder status, so why go higher at this point....especially when TTD is still unreliable. I love the Point, but there comes a time when they have to make the park a little more well-rounded. Coasters are great, but believe it or not, there is more to a good park than just a million coasters.

CPdude05
08-05-2004, 10:02 PM
oh noes....guess we'll have to ride the two tallest coasters in AMerica for another year.....Oh noes is right
Cedar Point shouldnt make us poor enthusiasts have to do that for another year! I mean millennium force is only #1 in most polls, not all of them. I hope that they get a frisbee XL next year. Like PKI's delirium.

RaptorXLC
08-05-2004, 10:22 PM
I could see them adding a Giant Frisbee.

ride6
08-05-2004, 10:50 PM
A couple Huss giants (I mean two here) since Cedar Point is obsessed with capasity. They will never add a wild mouse for that reason. When a coaster does come in either 05' or 06' it will be one of three things:
1) The much talked up B&M flyer
*or*
2) A record-breaking Intamin looper (aka Colossus @ Thorp Park)
*or*
3) A B&M floorless with 7-8 inversions
Cedar Point really lacks on loops and so the flyer will probably have 4-5 inversions (Pretzel Loop, Cobra Roll, Inline twist) and the looper would have anywhere from 11-12 inversions on a custiom layout possably up to 200 feet in height.

I fully expect the Soak City parking lot to get some downsizing for one of these in the next 5 years since it's huge (like 25 acres of pavment) and even on Saturdays during mid-July it couldn't fill up with the 64 &1/2 out front. No way in hell. If you cut 5 acres out for a coaster I don't think it would hurt my feelings, you?

Metalhead 777
08-06-2004, 12:46 PM
wow... i haven't posted here in months...

I'd like to see a B&M Flyer or B&M Floorless... they could do well with a good new coaster that's almost guaranteed to be reliable from day one, which you usually get with a B&M. And of course whatever they get it will probably break some sort of record, regardless of how obscure it is... Cedar Point doesn't build coasters that don't break records anymore it seems. Some new flat rides would be good for the park too, but I'd rather see a new coaster. I never ride the flat rides when I go to CP at least...

robvia
08-06-2004, 02:04 PM
Agree on downsizing Soak City with Castaway Bay opening. I just hope they rip out the pavement and restore the land to something nice, instead of the SF way of building over a parking lot.
A water park inside the main park works for places like HW and HP, but for CP, the weather is cold in May/June. And most people are there to conquer the rides, not go swimming. I mean, I went on Roller Soaker on July 9th and the water was freezing, people were shivering while waiting to get off.

Castaway Bay is next years hit with the Master Blaster. Yes, it opens later this year, but by the time the GP hears the news, it's really next years main attraction.

CPdude05
08-06-2004, 02:29 PM
Agree on downsizing Soak City with Castaway Bay opening. I just hope they rip out the pavement and restore the land to something nice, instead of the SF way of building over a parking lot.
A water park inside the main park works for places like HW and HP, but for CP, the weather is cold in May/June. And most people are there to conquer the rides, not go swimming. I mean, I went on Roller Soaker on July 9th and the water was freezing, people were shivering while waiting to get off.

Castaway Bay is next years hit with the Master Blaster. Yes, it opens later this year, but by the time the GP hears the news, it's really next years main attraction.
The weather isnt cold in may/june? It gets up to 80 degrees in may sometimes.

CedarPoint1988
08-06-2004, 02:49 PM
If anything, Cedar Point should expand more with Soak City. Castaway Bay is miles from the park and admission can cost up to hundreds of dollars with renting a room. Soak City is completely different from an indoor water park, just look at Soak City and the drawling for Castaway Bay. Soak City can hold more people compared to Castaway Bay and for Combo-Pass holders like me, it's the perfect alternative when the park gets to crowded or the day gets to hot and you just want to relax in the wave pool or do dozen other things you can find at Soak City. If Cedar Point would ever downsize Soak City it wouldnít be to expand the park but probably expand something else like the parking lot, Challenge Park, or Camperground Village. Cedar Point is great because itís not an amusement park itís an amusement park resort, other things like Soak City, Camperground Village, and/or the resorts shouldnít be removed to expand just the park, and Iím getting a little tired of people saying that the whole peninsula should just be a park and tear down anything else like it has no place.

Magnum Robert
08-06-2004, 02:49 PM
I fully expect the Soak City parking lot to get some downsizing for one of these in the next 5 years since it's huge (like 25 acres of pavment) and even on Saturdays during mid-July it couldn't fill up with the 64 &1/2 out front. No way in hell.
I guess you weren't at CP last Sunday, were you? That back lot (which could NEVER fill up) was completely full. In fact, the parking toll collectors announed to incoming cars that the back lot was full, but that didn't stop people from trying to get back there---and waiting in a line stopped all the way back to MF.

So the back lot a waste of space? Ha!

CPdude05
08-06-2004, 03:04 PM
^ I totally agree. If anything they need to update the water slides. I would love to see a toilet bowl or a master blaster.

CedarPoint1988
08-06-2004, 03:54 PM
I would love to see Soak City add more water slides. I think the "toilet bowl" would better fit in with Castaway Bay, not taking up that much space and all. When people think Cedar Point they think BIG so something like the Tornado slide would better fit in.

MIA-Mike
08-06-2004, 06:10 PM
I really hope Cedar Point gets a Huss Ride, at least one, if not four, the Huss Land of Giants where you get all four (its a link on there page) That would be sweet and fit perfect for cedar point.

birdman
08-06-2004, 07:07 PM
I doubt that CP is getting anything for nxt yr....They just spent 25million on TTD not counting the $$ they spent on fixing it last yr, and this yr.........I think that CP would be getting something in 06, 07 rather than 05......

CPdude05
08-06-2004, 10:16 PM
^CP is getting something next year.

birdman
08-06-2004, 10:39 PM
Oh yeah I forgot.....a big pool (inside)......How could I forget that one......But still there not going to be building anything inside the park.....06 and 07 is what I'm looking forward too

CPdude05
08-06-2004, 10:46 PM
^a big pool? I guess you mean that big indoor pool is castaway bay. A huge Indoor waterpark with 10 water slides. And castaway bay is opening in November 2004. They are going to put in some flats next year.

superfast
08-06-2004, 11:27 PM
Cp WILL get something people. Just be patient. They never say anything this early about a new attraction.

edh101985
08-06-2004, 11:28 PM
You don't know that for a fact, so stop making it sound like it will happen. You have no proof.

birdman
08-07-2004, 12:38 AM
I just went on Aug 1st and 2nd, and I didnt see anything outta the ordinary, so until I see some proof I doubt that it will happen

Chris L
08-07-2004, 02:55 AM
You don't know that for a fact, so stop making it sound like it will happen. You have no proof.

Ugh. Thank you edh! I hate when people leave comments like that. All confident with the "IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN OK I JUST KNOW IT, JUST WATCH."

It's like...the park hasn't announced anything and neither has anything suspicious occured in the park that would make us speculate about a new project.

I mean, I'm just as excited for a new ride at Cedar Point just like everyone else, but don't speculate unless there's a good reason to.

Cuddy
08-07-2004, 08:50 AM
I talked to the Lemon Chill guy and he told me to go to this thread: http://thrillnetwork.com/boards/showthread.php?t=28719

and I also talked to the kid sister of one of TTD's mechanics, and she mentioned this thread too: http://thrillnetwork.com/boards/showthread.php?t=27231

But after that, I talked to Dick Kinzel and he told me what CP is getting next year. Apparently he is tured and said that CP is getting a . So discuss in the threads I have generously provided.