PDA

View Full Version : California?

Sparks
08-11-2004, 12:09 AM
Does anyone live here or has anyone visted here? Do you want to visit Califonria? What do you tihnk of it? I'm from California and I love it. I live right by the water to, which makes it even better.

Kyle L
08-11-2004, 12:10 AM
I live in California.

This thread is kinda broad.

Sparks
08-11-2004, 12:13 AM
What city do you live in?

Kyle L
08-11-2004, 12:37 AM
I'm in Marin County, 30 minutes north of San Fransisco.

Sparks
08-11-2004, 12:39 AM
I live in San Jose and Willowglen. How far are you from those two places?

Alex T
08-11-2004, 12:49 AM
I've visted Valencia (SFMM). I may live in Malibu for 4 years if I end up going to Pepperdine.

Kyle L
08-11-2004, 12:58 AM
I live in San Jose and Willowglen. How far are you from those two places?

Around a hour and a half drive.

Say, do you go to any Sharks games? I am a HUGE Sharks fan.

Magnum Robert
08-11-2004, 01:00 AM
I have very little desire to visit CA.

Sparks
08-11-2004, 01:02 AM
Around a hour and a half drive.

Say, do you go to any Sharks games? I am a HUGE Sharks fan.
Ya, I love the Sharks. I wish they would win the Cup once though

How come?

Aaron
08-11-2004, 01:17 AM
Yes, I live in California. Santa Barbara, to be more exact, a resort town on the SoCal coast with some of the best beaches in the United States. And I love it here. Everyone should visit Cali at least once in thier lifetime.

coasterlove
08-11-2004, 02:34 AM
I definitely want to visit California at some point. Of course I want to check out their amusement parks, but I really want to see Hollywood and visit some of the movie studios and that.

DrachenFire123
08-11-2004, 02:34 AM
I was born in sacramento, i visit cali every so often to see my mom. California rock im going to move out there again next year, after i graduate.

Rebel2000
08-11-2004, 02:35 AM
My family had a kind of "west coast trip" last year where we hit San Francisco, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, and some places in between. We did the whole San Fran thing, even going up into Napa Valley for a day, then drove down the coast, stopping in Monterey, Pebble Beach, Carmel, Big Sur, and San Simeon. The places we visited included Alcatraz Island, the Monterey Bay Aquarium, the Nepenthe restaurant, and Hearst Castle. In L.A. we did Magic Mountain and Hollywood, then spent a day trekking through the mountains and coves around Malibu.

I can't vouch for what living in CA is like, but from my vacational experiences there, it's a place you definitely have to visit sometime in your life. By the way, my favorite part of our trip wasn't any destination we stopped at, it was the drive down the California coast along highway 1. The Pacific coast is so much different from the Atlantic coast, and in such a breathtaking way. High cliffs, low clouds, breaking water, mysterious caves--it's something I'll never forget.

SFOG Freak
08-11-2004, 06:36 AM
I've been to Valencia, Buena Park, Santa Monica, Venice Beach, Los Olivos, Santa Barbra, and a few other places.

DEJA-VU RULES
08-11-2004, 06:48 AM
I have been to Valencia and Santa Monica I like California. I would not live in California because they don't have any cold weather in the winter.

SFOG Freak
08-11-2004, 06:51 AM
Oh yes they do. When I went in June it was freezing in the morning and at night.

coasetrphil
08-11-2004, 07:35 AM
I would really like to visit California, but I don't think I would ever live there.

leeloo1953
08-11-2004, 09:16 AM
I've been to California quite a few times, and I've always enjoyed myself while there.

I don't think I'd enjoy living there though.

Jerry S
08-11-2004, 09:32 AM
My grandma just retired and moved from Chicago to SD, and I visted there last summer. She lives in the northern inland area of SD county, So It's semi desert there, and the sun is a scorcher but at night it's freezing. I went to the coast at La Jolla (great beach), Mission Beach (Belmont; Giant Dipper), Sea World, Downtown, Balboa park (museums, Zoo) Wild Animal Park, Knotts Soak City. There is a lot to do there, and even as a local, Everyone has a pool, or lives in a complex with a pool, The weather is nice, and I would live there if it wasnt so far from NYC :)

stevetothekizzo
08-11-2004, 10:22 AM

That's too bad because Cali is absolutely gorgeous. However, the politics are a pain.

GAcoasterguy
08-11-2004, 01:13 PM
I love Cali...I go there every chance I get! Wish I could afford to live there... :(

BlueSkies78
08-11-2004, 01:37 PM
I have been to Valencia and Santa Monica I like California. I would not live in California because they don't have any cold weather in the winter.

That's because you have to go to San Francisco in the summer :)

Kyle L
08-11-2004, 02:05 PM

WRONG. The Tahoe and Sierra Nevada's during the winter are extremely cold, and it snows up near the high elevations like Tahoe. Even in the summer things up there can still be cold.

Andy Hodgson
08-11-2004, 05:10 PM
Lived in Rancho Cucamonga, CA for 6 years. Loved it--Huntington beach in the summer, awesome outdoor style schools in the fall and spring, and winter time Big Bear Lake is the place to go.

Sparks
08-11-2004, 11:29 PM
That's true where I live, we've had snow once in my entire life time. I lvoe the snow. I wish it would snow every winter.

DrachenFire123
08-11-2004, 11:31 PM
We get snow every year almost, its aweosme. I want to go to a place were its at least a foot of snow. I think that would be awesome.

Loser_nerd
08-14-2004, 02:37 AM
I live in a little place called Tulare California its in the vally. i live about two hours from sfmm. I wouldnt want to live any where else.

Wes
08-14-2004, 09:55 AM
I'm planning on visiting Cali for the first time in November.

Can't wait :D (Except for LA traffic) yuck!

Montu Man
08-14-2004, 11:48 AM
Lived in LA. All family in Cal. Now I live in Orlando. FL's better then CA.

V2kid62489
08-15-2004, 12:43 AM
I live in California... in Novato... a crappy town in marin county... i live about 15-20 minutes from Kyle L. so thats about were i am

BimmerZ3
08-15-2004, 12:49 AM
SoCal kicks ass.... never been to NorCal. When I'm old and rich, I'm going to live somewhere in SoCal. I'll go to Knott's everyday and break Robert's record of the most rides on a ride in a year. :D

rlrcstrfreak
08-23-2004, 01:56 AM
I love cali. I go there all the time. I live in nevada. And Im only 2 hours away from sac. And like 15 mins. away from cali.

General Public
08-23-2004, 02:20 AM
"Cali" and "Socal" are overused trendwhore monickers. Please stop using them.

jimmycoasterman
08-23-2004, 07:25 PM
I've been a couple times, to the north and south, and I think California is the most overrated state. LA and Hollywood was pretty cool, and in Monterey and Yosemite I saw some awesome sights, and I did the whole San Francisco thing, and while it was fun, people make a huge deal out of OMG BEVERYLY HILLS HOLLYWOOD LA CALI ROX! Its got its things just like most other states, and things that aren't great in it like all other states.

aribev24
08-23-2004, 08:10 PM
I havn't been to California yet, but I wanna check out SFMM, and other amusement parks! I really want to go...o well...when I'm older ;)

slipknot8527
08-23-2004, 10:36 PM
I have no desire to visit CA.

*tries to disguise fact that if he had the right planning and funding he would visit CA in a heartbeat.*

Wes
08-24-2004, 05:27 AM
I have a question for you Cali residents. Is Disney's California Adventure open 365 like Disneyland?

I'm planning a trip out there in November. Trying to get everything together. Thx :D

Sir Willow
08-24-2004, 12:56 PM
^ Yes, DCA is open 365 days a year.

I was born, bred, and grew up in CA (and sorry GP, but natives use the Cali, SoCal, and NorCal abbreviations all the time. It's quite natural to us) Lived most of my live in the Sacramento area, spent 3 years around Santa Cruz for college and where I met and married my wife, and lived for 6 years in Oxnard, which is an hour north of LA on the coast.

You name the terrain or weather, and Cali probably has it. Great beaches, though the ocean is a bit cold there compared to the Atlantic and Gulf. Mountains. It's the only state that has hosted both the summer and winter olympics. It's got just about anything you could ask for in that way.

It's also very expensive to live- to much so. And yeah, I won't touch the politics. There's reasons that businesses have been leaving the state for years, and that there are more people moving out of it than moving in. Including us moving to Florida a couple of months ago.

So I love the state, but at the same time I'm happy to be in Florida now where we might finally be able to get ahead of the game a bit, something that was impossible there.

Wes
08-24-2004, 02:30 PM
So why do you still have SoCal as your location ???? ;)

Sir Willow
08-25-2004, 12:22 PM
Hehe, forgot to update it on my profile! Guess I better do that, eh? :P

slipknot8527
08-25-2004, 03:21 PM
I love florida Sir Willow...

How would you compare the two?

Besides cost of living.....