PDA

View Full Version : Thrope Parks 62 meter launching coaster

coasterking11
08-14-2004, 09:18 PM
The was an update at coaster force that said

"Thorpe Park Reveals 2005 & 2006 Rides.

Thorpe Park has revealed details of it's future rides for 2005 and 2006 in the most recent staff newsletter. Tussaud's staff newsletters are fast becoming the easiest source of information on new ride's at the parks, having been the first to reveal Spinball and Dragon's Fury last year. The newsletter reveals 3 new rides:

2005 - Sky Swatter & Giant Swing
2006 - 62m Hydraulic Launch Coaster

The newsletter asks staff to help name the rides. We have all seen the plans for Sky Swatter, and we know about 'Stealth' as the newsletter refers to the 205ft tall accelerator coaster (Intamin's new name for hydraulic launch coasters).Of interest is the second flat ride to be installed at Thorpe Park next year - 'Giant Swing' said to be a world's first. Here is a scan from the newsletter [ click here (http://www.coasterforce.info/download.php?id=5651) ]"

They also said Alton towers is getting a launched coaster. Im guessing it was officialy anonced and that coaster force wasnt just throwing out a rumor or somthing.

I dont live in Europe or anything but ill be following it. Does any one know how many feel 62 meters is? And does anyone here live near the park to give us an update or two when any of the rides get built.

RaptorXLC
08-14-2004, 09:21 PM
62 meters is somewhere somewhere in the ballpark 190-200ft I believe. I guess this is a rocket coaster. I'm glad to see that they are catching on. It will be cool to see what Alton Towers can do with the Rocket design.

Montu Man
08-14-2004, 09:37 PM
That stuff sounds cool. I wonder if there are any 2007 plans.

Andy
08-16-2004, 12:22 PM
62m? How sad. This just sums up the current state of rollercoasters in the UK. The US is getting record-breaking prototype rides, we're getting small versions of those rides, which will be old by the time they're built.

SFGAm Guru
08-16-2004, 12:45 PM
200 ft is better than nothing at all.

coasterking11
08-16-2004, 03:08 PM
Its higher than Storm Runner, but anyway hight really isnt a nessesity.

dkmaddog
08-16-2004, 08:56 PM
Well seeing as TTD continues to have its fair share of problems, 200ft may just turn out to be a good thing. (lower launch speeds, less stress on cables)

bk2004
08-16-2004, 10:08 PM
Man, Thorpe park is just expanding like crazy! But it's a good thing! :) That Giant Swing ride looks wicked too! :eek:

Glad to see another Sky Swatter being built! Those things look wicked! :D

Skye
08-17-2004, 06:45 AM
62 metres is 205ft - it says in the text!!!!!

This has been rumoured for a while.

62m? How sad. This just sums up the current state of rollercoasters in the UK. The US is getting record-breaking prototype rides, we're getting small versions of those rides, which will be old by the time they're built.

Its taller than storm runner and not far off xceleartor. If it has inversions as well (like storm runner) it'll be awesome!

The sky swatter looks fun too. Whats the other ride?

It will be cool to see what Alton Towers can do with the Rocket design.

I think that "lauched" coaster is a vekoma booster bike. look on screamscape, theres a picture. They're unlikely to get a rocket.

As for times when the rides are built, the park opens early march, so well before then, december/january at the latest.

Don't expect to see the rocket coaster until mid 2005 - but groundwork will almost certainly start begining of 2005.

EDIT: screamscape just added some new info. It will be built "in" (over and replce presumably) model world. The only way they would have enough space is to get rid of the flying fish and build it out over the water.

Andy
08-18-2004, 04:15 PM
Actually, this is great news. I'm sorry I was a bit pessimistic. I'm having one hell of a week with interviews and my parents moving house.

This should be a great ride...hopefully they'll put in loads of elements and theme it really well.

RLLrCoastrLover
09-15-2004, 09:30 PM
It will be built "in" (over and replce presumably) model world. The only way they would have enough space is to get rid of the flying fish and build it out over the water.

An Intamin Rocket would look supurb over water. :D

coaster_monkey
09-17-2004, 11:05 AM
[QUOTE=Skye]

The sky swatter looks fun too. Whats the other ride?

I think that "lauched" coaster is a vekoma booster bike. look on screamscape, theres a picture. They're unlikely to get a rocket.

As for times when the rides are built, the park opens early march, so well before then, december/january at the latest.QUOTE]

Hello people im new here so um hi!:D
The other ride will be the 'S&S Giant Speed Swing'.

Also Alton has scrapped the idea of having a booster bike. There is big big big rumors about Alton getting a rocket coaster, reaching speeds up to about 62mph-which isnt very fast-but it'll be unique.
And apprantly construction will, maybe, start next week or the next 2 weeks-and will be ready to be open around July 2005.
Corkscrew will still be open with other food outlets, but Ug swinger will be closed and moved to Cred Street for next year with Bone Shaker.

Um thats it really if ive mist anything out sorry.

CoAsTer_MOnKEy

Skye
09-17-2004, 11:23 AM
the alton ride is in another thread now.

Maybe there is more space, but not much. But yeah it would look good over the water.

pearlsea
10-01-2004, 07:05 PM
dont complain cause in canada we have nothing over 100ft.

BimmerZ3
10-02-2004, 10:56 AM
I don't understand people. Three years ago anyone would be ecstatic about getting a hyper coaster in their homepark. Apparently having two other rides that are a few thousand miles away makes these rides worse? Besides, due to the fact that they aren't spending all their money on one huge tower, these rides will probably have a lot more to them and can be just as good.

CPdude05
10-23-2004, 01:43 PM
This seems like it is going to be an awesome rocket!! 205 feet with inversions!! You guys should be more happier.

Montu Man
10-23-2004, 02:00 PM
Did this project get cancelled? Or am I confused with another ride?

Skye
10-23-2004, 07:34 PM
its for 2006. next year they are getting a sky swat and a screamin swing (like orlando and knotts).

No-one knows the details construction wil probably start in just under ay ear i would guess.

-But AT is getting a rocket for 2005 (RITA with a race car theme). (its only 60ft tall though apparently?)
-Also lisberg is getting a rocket called kannon for 2005 (only 90ft tall but with two inversions)
-Also BPB is rumoured to build the tallest and fastest rocket for 2006 or 2007 (yes much bigger than kingda ka maybe 500ft+)

You might be getting confused with those rides. No details are known about the TP ride yet i think.

edh101985
10-23-2004, 08:59 PM
This seems like it is going to be an awesome rocket!! 205 feet with inversions!! You guys should be more happier.

It never said the coaster will have inversions...

Dan G
10-24-2004, 03:17 AM
Hey, a rocket coaster with a original design...Never thought that could happen. :rolleyes:

Knatte
10-24-2004, 08:01 AM
You really seem to have something against Intamin rocket coasters, it's just a coaster, can you just forget about Kingda Ka or whatever you don't like about them and move on. Hearing your complaints in every rocket coaster topics gets old and tireing.

Montu Man
10-24-2004, 10:46 AM
Rocket's are great, it's just they have lots of downtime.

Skye
10-26-2004, 10:28 AM
They'll fix that, its just becasue they are new.

DeadMan
12-14-2004, 04:18 PM
Planning permission has been submitted for Thorpes 2006 coaster

Find everything there is to find out about it here (http://www.insider.org.uk/thorpepark/Future/projectStealth/index.html)

Looks good to me

Bruns
12-14-2004, 04:50 PM
/\ How cute! A little baby Kingda Ka! Awwww.....

Skye
12-14-2004, 05:07 PM
yeah i suppose it is!!! A record breaker probably isn't practical, they wouldn't get planning permission and anyway its quite close to an airport.

Marc
12-14-2004, 05:34 PM
A 450' roller coaster within a few miles of a runway would add excitment for the guests at the park and people on the airplanes. Talk about more bang for your buck.

Chip
12-14-2004, 06:01 PM
Did you see the "animation" on that Web site? It was just NoLimits (an older version at that), and the video was extremely choppy.

Marc, you should check out Scandia Amusement Park in California. They've got a sign on one of their coasters that says something like, "Caution: Low-flying aircraft."

Jerry S
12-14-2004, 06:07 PM
That animation made me throw up.

So this is 06, right? It's funny, the most popular rides now are spinning pendulums (the new ones) and rocket coasters. Good combo.

Martin
12-14-2004, 06:21 PM
I was wondering if my computer was messed up but apperently it was the video quality. yea it is no limits, the station is the same. Good Find Chip.

Matt M
12-14-2004, 10:28 PM
It'll basically be Xcelerator without the supposed "boring and blah overbanks" but a camelback.

And no insano colors of awesomeness.

coasterdude28
12-14-2004, 10:32 PM
i think it is more like KK than Xcelerator enev though it is closer in size to xcelerator.

Bruns
12-14-2004, 10:50 PM
Its the exact same thing as Kingda Ka save for the size and degrees of twist on the decent.

DeadMan
12-15-2004, 08:12 AM
Yeah I made the animation in No Limits, couldn't think of any other way to make it. I know its low quality as well but it took so long to make it I cant really be bothered to re-make it better. Only around 3% of visitors to my site are enthusiasts as well so most wouldn't know what No Limits is, the file will be on there in a few weeks so anyone wanting to see it properly can just download that. Oh and I only realized there was a newer version of No Limits last night (hardly ever use the thing).

Thorpe arnt aloud to build over 65m and building this high is meant to be a one off. One of the people that grant planning permission even voted against the Sky Swatter for next year and thats nowhere near as tall!

Skye
12-15-2004, 10:33 AM
the height is probably more to do with how it looks, becasue heathrow is about 8 miles away the planes are flying at 3000ft+ by that point probably.

hulkrider04
05-11-2005, 05:36 PM
http://www.themeuk.net/Thorpe_ProjectStealth_Construction_PG1.html
Updates!

Skye
05-11-2005, 07:46 PM
i'll probably go in about 3-4 weeks but not much will happen probably until winter...........

slnewbus
05-11-2005, 08:04 PM
It looks to be a nice rocket. I don't believe it will beat storm runner or xcellerator though.

hulkrider04
05-12-2005, 04:36 PM
Hopefully it will beat rita! That ride looks really bad.

willski2002
05-12-2005, 04:59 PM
the height is probably more to do with how it looks, becasue heathrow is about 8 miles away the planes are flying at 3000ft+ by that point probably.

At least 10,000 ft. at 8 miles out in a normal, straight-out climb.

Hopefully it will beat rita! That ride looks really bad.

Actually, it looks pretty good to me. It has some nice overbanked turns and some nice air on those low bunny hills, plus you are flying through UG Land's (formerly) woods and around Corkscrew.

Skye
05-13-2005, 07:27 AM
Rita is a lot more fun than it looks. But the launch is by far the best bit. The rest of the course though is very very fast - watch the video.

magnumxl2005
06-01-2005, 10:06 PM
0-80 in 4 secs..thats pretty bad when TTD hits 120+ in less than 4 secs.

coasterdude28
06-01-2005, 10:09 PM
Consider it a family or junior launching coaster. But then again, 80 mph is a bit faster than a family coaster. It will still be a nice launch especially for people who have not been on TTD or KK.

James R
06-02-2005, 12:55 AM
Another sky swatter? That's so awesome! I'm excited about that, I think that it is a pretty fun ride. It's even cooler that it's going to be in Europe! Now that most of the 'prototype' difficulties have been ironed out down here at AstroWorld, it looks like S&S is spreading it's wings! Congrats to Europe on an exciting addition. Is the theme/name announced yet? or will it just be the same 'SWAT' dubbage (is that even a word?) down here?

magnumxl2005
06-02-2005, 02:42 PM
80's to intense for a family ride, well if you're speaking in the rocket coaster intent though I guess you could call it one.

Skye
06-03-2005, 05:12 PM
like top speeds, you shouldn't assume those figures are accurrate.

I can't imagine the rita launch being any faster - its probably the same as TDD/KK, in intensity, even though the overall top speed is lower. I have been on rita and the launch (and the enitre ride) is extremly fast. Watch the video and your'll see.

I bet the launch they will make at least as intense as rita. Thopre park is even more aimed at younger people than AT, to make the launch not intense wouldn't make any sense at all. You can bet it probably will be pretty good. that quoted figure sounds inaccurate to me.

The sky swatter is called slammer btw. haven't ridden it yet, but its got average reviews so far, and i've heard its not being working some days. I might go this week, now rush (giant swing) is open.

Adz
06-04-2005, 08:19 AM
Erm, yeah Slammer got stuck upside down on Thursday, so I doubt its gonna be open for a while. Video here (http://members.aol.com/simps100/thorpe/slammer1.wmv). It was stuck like this for 5-6 minutes after 'bits' of the ride were reported to have fallen off and the Op hit the E-Stop.

Not good news for Thorpe really :( Rush is also having problems.

Also those 0-80 in 4 seconds for the rocket coaster have been confirmed by people at the park. Don't know any reason why yet but its certainly not a good thing in my eyes. With Rita the good thing for me is not the speed of the launch its how quick it gets to that speed (ie the acceleration) that blows me away.

Skye
06-04-2005, 05:01 PM
what happened to the people?

When it going to reopen?

Matt M
06-04-2005, 07:00 PM
Well considering people are fright vertical velocity's launch, the weakest launch ever, I think it's a dandy looking little launch.

Skye
06-04-2005, 07:11 PM
its still pretty fast anyway.

Adz
06-05-2005, 07:40 AM
what happened to the people?

When it going to reopen?

After around 5-6 minutes the arm rotated very slowly back to its upright position and then lowered. The people were given those foil emergency blanket thingys and a bottle of water, none were injured just suffering from shock.

No one knows when it will re-open yet, i'd imagine it will be closed for at least another week, I mean this is quite a serious incident.

Maxamillious
06-05-2005, 08:20 AM
Ok,
I used to live in England so i have been to Thorpe Park a million times.
Here are a few personal facts.

- They are expanding like crazy with there flat rides, they are every where.
- There rides are allways really good.
- The park is always clean
- Project Stealth has a TTD Themeing, Expect in more of a 60's Fashon *cough* *cough* Rita!
- Project Stealth is a TTD jr.
- It is going to run right over the water
- The que lines are going ro run through a beauitfull grandstand.
- I have all ready seen the offical plans and pictures
- I will post them if i can put them all out of the Fourms at RCPro (http://www.rollercoasterpro.com/).
- RCPro is under construstion, i cant get the pictures and stuff yet.
- Thorpe is one hell of a park
- Project Stealth is goign to be a massive hit!
- Alton is no going to get a second launching, thats a load of bull . . .
- Rita does suck, it was a waist of money and messed up the oldies look of Thug Land.
- There are going to be no inversions on Project Stealth.
- There is another coaster in the making for Thorpe in 08.
- Its going to be a coaster thats partly spread out.
- I dont know if its lift or launch, i have only see the birds eye layout plan.
- I cant promis they will get the 08 coaster.
- The 08 plan can be found at RCPro, once again i will try and get a link later.
- Theses are my personal Pov's, all tho most are stright up facts!

I hope this helps everyone.

- Max

Martin
06-05-2005, 09:37 AM
It's actually a mini-Kingda Ka Max.

Airtime Hill:
http://www.themeparks-uk.com/files/stealthdown.jpg
Launch Track:
http://www.themeparks-uk.com/files/stealthup.jpg
Layout From Birds Eye View:
http://www.themeparks-uk.com/files/stealthlayout.jpg
Rear View of Ride:
http://www.themeparks-uk.com/files/stealthback.jpg
Grandstand:
http://www.themeparks-uk.com/files/stealthgrandstand.jpg
Station:
http://www.themeparks-uk.com/files/stealthstation.jpg
Op Booth:
http://www.themeparks-uk.com/files/stealthconsole.jpg
Ride Photo Booth:
http://www.themeparks-uk.com/files/stealthphotos.jpg
Post #700!

roomraider
06-05-2005, 12:42 PM
And RITA doesnt Suck :p

Anyway TP is a great park but it currently has a serious problem with teenage yobs. Having been there 4 times this season ive seen several fights (one ending in a broken nose and an the police taking the guy away).

Adz
06-05-2005, 12:46 PM
- Rita does suck, it was a waist of money and messed up the oldies look of Thug Land.

You say you 'used' to live in Englang therefore I presume you do not live here anymore, so have you actually been on Rita?

I have heard no one say once they have been on it that it 'sucks'. The launch is fantastic and you get airtime by the bucket loads on the hills. It is certainly not a waste of money as it has boosted attendance and is a hit with the GP.

As for Thorpes rocket, it will be an aesthetically pleasing ride, with alot of grandeur and visual impact, but I'm not all too excited about it. Its a very unoriginal layout which will have no re-ride value.

Skye
06-05-2005, 04:06 PM
Project Stealth has a TTD Themeing, Expect in more of a 60's Fashon *cough* *cough* Rita!

Yeah it'll probably be called ritas revenge or something.

I think the new ride will have re ride value, but i wouldn't que for hours. Hopefully they will make it high capacity as possible, they need to, thorpe is a bit too successful and can get very busy.

I haven't seen any problems there except more que jumping than average maybe. It is one problem with the way they market it.

Difficult to see where the 08 ride will go, there isn't any space, unless x was removed. But probably not as slammer has just been biolt next door. Maybe on the area with the show?

Maxamillious
06-05-2005, 04:34 PM
Rita's Revenge. LMAO!
No affence to you, i just find that very funny. Yes i have Never been on rita. Friends say it sucks and it looks like it so ya. And i am sorry, yes it it a mini KK not TTD, i must of miss typed, that becuase all thoese pics you posted above are the ones i found a really long time ago, so sorry for the spelling erro.

But thoese pics are way messed up! It says Tidal Wave (the coolest water ride) is only 65meeters tall, and then the new coaster is 62.5 meeters tall. WTF is up with that?? I really think these pictures are bad.
It only shows one corrner of the track going over the water. Everyway says that is going to, the pictures dont show that. Also there is another picture like the birds eye view, and it shows the layout of the 08 coaster for thorpe. G_Adv_123, dont know if you found it, but these where the pictures i was gonna pull off of RCPro. anyway thats al i got to say, and i still think that rite sucks. Its nothing more then a fiuger 8 launch.

TP's got probs? I have never seen any fights ever. When did you see them? I was there between 01-04 and ever way them, but that sucks to here, cause i am a huge TP fan. I am just waiting for a woodie that goes over the water and leave's the island and then comes back again, that would be cool. That sation could go behind Neminess Inferno to the left some where, behind the train tracks? Sounds like fun!

- Max

Maxamillious
06-05-2005, 04:38 PM
If i find the picture with the 08 coaster i will psot it, but i will have to look again. Give me a day or two and i will look thanks.

- Max

Skye
06-05-2005, 05:50 PM
rita is a pretty good ride, much better than it looks, although its not KK. But as a replacement for thunder looper, its a good ride, and popular with the GP. the launch is the best part, but its very, very fast.

Rita is a very fun ride, better than i expected. Air was dissapointing. spinball is a lot of fun (although very low capacity).

I think the thorpe ride will better than rita. Its not KK, but thorpe dosn't have the space to build that, and it makes no sense - it will make as much money as if they built an exact KK clone. They probably could afford it, but it makes sense to build two smaller coasters two years apart, than one giant coaster.

Its a good park, if they keep adding a big ride every two or three years, thats pretty good. Comparing thorpe with CP or SFGAV is stupid. You should compare it with something like SFA or SFWOA. its probably a much better park than either of those sort of parks. the flat rides alone are impressive (afterburner,top scan, swat and swing, freefall tower).

They need to keep adding rides, but as long as that happens, it will be one of the best parks in the world.

The 08 ride, i thought they might put that where depth charge is now, which is a bit dull.

They should add either a dark ride (like FOF) or a hyper. I think wood would look out of place a bit. Anyway, post that layout.

Maxamillious
06-06-2005, 01:35 AM
If i can find it, been looking but i still cant track it down, there is like a million pages on RPCro i have to lok through, but the staff dude said he would help me find it. i dont think that TP needs anymore coasters unless the station goes behind the train track, and its a woddie, and it goes over onto another island, goes around like a all over the small island, and then comes back into the main park. Thope has enough coasters, and i could undoughting say there are better then any ohter park in the world. Compact thrillings and buckets of fun. and they dont need 400ft rides like SF and Cp to be good. There Cheaprer To!!!!

i think the X noway out should go. i rode that once and it was so lame, they need to rplace it with another ride the fits into the lost city. Needs to be a flat right tho.

Hey on teh topic of TP, did you all know theres a baby shark in the waters? They named him and stuff i forgot his name, but in 03 he was there. It was cool lol, i was on the boat and saw him swim by. But thats probally another reiason why the the water busses went lol!

- Max

Skye
06-06-2005, 06:53 AM
surprising as they have water sking and stuff there still.

How did a shark get there anyway? its a manmade lake.

Adz
06-06-2005, 12:30 PM
Hey on teh topic of TP, did you all know theres a baby shark in the waters? They named him and stuff i forgot his name, but in 03 he was there. It was cool lol, i was on the boat and saw him swim by. But thats probally another reiason why the the water busses went lol!

- Max

Nah theres no sharks in Thorpe's lake, only crocodiles.

The plans for Stealth are correct, the ride doesn't go over water at all and that is simply a typo where it says '62' meters it should be 82.

The 2008 coaster is supposed to be in the Loggers Leap area and that plan you saw for it was only an example of its size and will not be the exact track layout. It uses the layout of Air as it will be of a similar size to Air.

Skye
06-06-2005, 02:01 PM
Nah theres no sharks in Thorpe's lake, only crocodiles.

Well that explains everything then.

The plans for Stealth are correct, the ride doesn't go over water at all and that is simply a typo where it says '62' meters it should be 82.

82 metres? 269ft?

The 2008 coaster is supposed to be in the Loggers Leap area and that plan you saw for it was only an example of its size and will not be the exact track layout. It uses the layout of Air as it will be of a similar size to Air.

So its a flyer? I really hope not, air was only average. They really don't need to build another. Do you have the layout?

Adz
06-06-2005, 03:15 PM
82 metres? 269ft?

Whoops my bad, its not the rockets height that they wrote wrong on that plan its Tidals that should say like 20 or 30 something metres, not 60 something like it does. The rocket is 62.5 metres (200')

So its a flyer? I really hope not, air was only average. They really don't need to build another. Do you have the layout?

No it doesn't mean it will be a flyer (although some think this is the most likely) They just used Airs layout as it will be that sort of size.

Skye
06-07-2005, 06:57 AM
I don't think a flyer would fit in well

Adz
06-07-2005, 07:23 AM
Yeah, I agree. A flyer would not really fit the hardcore Thrill Park image that Thorpe are trying to achieve at the moment.

I do love Air, but I want Alton and Thorpe to be different. Also if Tussauds think about it, if they make both parks completely different then the public may go to both, if they are similar, they are less likely to.

I think it will be something along the lines of a B&M Floorless.

Skye
06-07-2005, 03:12 PM
possibly, but its a little similar to collous?

Maxamillious
06-07-2005, 09:20 PM
Wow Wow Wow Hold Up!

Airs layout! I freakin dought that!
Air is really big, not big big, but it takes up a far amont a of space, with out its station and stuff. There is no way they can even use Airs layout, i dont know how told you that. And when i saw that plans i dought it was anything like Air.

As for the Shark, there was one at least. I swear i am not joking. Ok try a a TP OP who used to work on the Water Buses. There is a shark in the water. They got it from a zoo or soemthing and whre asked to take care of it, and if i remember theres a zoo or soemthing with wildlife not to far from TP but i cant remember. But. Theres A Shark!

KK, word of addvice. A Floorless, on the east side of the park? Never! I dont even think that would fit at all over there, and if they did then they better put new themeing on Tidal Wave. Also they now have there rollercoaster spread out across the park. The only place i see a big coaster going is off the isalnd. As i said before, a Back and Out Woodie, that leaves the island and comes back again.

In My Pov. TP wont build a Floorless of a Flyer for a while. If anyone gets the floorless its going to be alton. And if you all havent noticed. Genrally is AT has it TP wont. There are a few flat ride expitions, and with Nemenes / Inferno but thats it, other then that usually one of the parks has it and the other doesent. Thats why TP has tidal wave, and AT has a log flume.

When did TP get water sking? I never ever saw that ever. Its never been advertised. Never. I dont know if you have been there. But they have have in the years i was there.

Just a quick quston to everyone whos been to TP. You know that little factorie looking thing next to it on the east side of the parking lot. I have no clue what it is. But theres like a lto fo steal and stuff, and looks like part of a factorie, that makes tar for roads and stuff.

Then next place i think the park will expand is past the rail road tracks. it sucks there filling in the lake, its a nice area. And o ya. The only way the could ever think about getting a flyer or flooless, is if they, moved tidal wave somewhere else, no clue where. Then the replaced tiral wave with a flyer of floorless. But i dought that because that is a nice weter area of park with the water there.

So as i said onyl place to go is out towar the back of the park. the 10looper Closses is a nice coaster siting near the way, i would hope they woldent mess with the land near it. Project Stealth is a cool coaster to go near waters edge (just like ttd near water) so i would hope they would leave that alone to. They need to move on and go past the train tracks. Maby move the farm to Chessington? and build a nice flyer or flooless over there, now that i could understand. but only if the farm. And then they might expant on the island and make the train go all the way around the out side of the park, that would be nice.

- Max

Skye
06-08-2005, 06:58 AM
so they've run out of space?

Don't know if the park runs the water sking - probably not - but the lake is used for that, i saw sking when i went at halloween last year. If you look in thewater there are wooden ramps/jumps in front of vortex.

Adz
06-08-2005, 10:54 AM
Wow Wow Wow Hold Up!Airs layout! I freakin dought that!Air is really big, not big big, but it takes up a far amont a of space, with out its station and stuff. There is no way they can even use Airs layout.

I didn't say they will use Airs layout for the 08 coaster, I said they used Airs layout in the example plans because it will be that sort of size.

There will not be a wooden coaster at Thorpe because it has been said that a Wooden coaster's structure would be too dense for a park like Thorpes. Who knows what it will be TBH, it could be anything really.

Yeah Skyes right, there is water skiing on the lake, its not Thorpe some other company do it.

There is not a shark in the lake, sharks live in salt water not fresh water and I don't think they would particularly enjoy England's climate.

Maxamillious
06-09-2005, 12:27 AM
if theres sking its new, because i never saw it. In the past two years i am talking new.

And yes there is a shark, i swear. I am going to try and get an email from TP lol. Theres a Shark!

- Max

roomraider
06-09-2005, 08:26 AM
the water skiing has been there for years..
infact in 1987 The lake was used for the world water skiing championships....
http://www.britishwaterski.co.uk/britishwaterski/history.htm

and infact has quite a history

Britain's first cable ski site is opened at Thorpe Park. Top competitive water skiers John Battleday and Tom Williams demonstrated, but found getting round the corners difficult!
A second tow was also opened at the National Water Sports Centre Nottingham.
The BWSF purchases premises at 390 City Road as the Headquarters of the Federation.
The BDWSA Heron Lake Centre opened at Wraysbury thanks to RMC.

Britain hosts the first World Disabled Trophy at Heron Lake - organisation led by Peter Felix. 40 competitors take part from 7 countries.
Britain hosts the World Tournament Championships at Thorpe Park (for the third time - a record for any site in the world). Sponsored by KP Foods the competition was organised again by David Spyer.

DeadMan
06-14-2005, 07:34 AM
Like the last people have said there has been water skiing for ages, I believe it was originally opened by Thorpe and then sold off. You can see it on some of the old park maps here (http://www.insider.org.uk/thorpepark/History/parkMaps/index.htm).

Thorpe is also not running out of space, the 08 site unless plans have changed is going to be over Loggers Leap, that site is bigger than Inferno's when you look at it from the top of the lift hills. All that needs to happen is for the lake in the middle of Loggers to be filled in. After that the next site was mentioned as being around where Vortex, Rush etc are. With all the flat rides there being scattered around the park.

Lastly Stealth does not go over water. It used to have one corner going over water but the plans were changed at the start of the month. There is also now no grandstand and most of the buildings surrounding the ride have changed. It looks like the station will now be the same as Rita's. View the old and new plans here (http://www.insider.org.uk/thorpepark/Future/projectStealth/designPlans.htm)

Maxamillious
06-14-2005, 08:19 AM
They called it 'Stealth' how sad. Yes for a tempary name is was ok, but they actually called it stealth, and themed it like rita some what, what is this world comming to? The water sking, it was from the past never when after 2000, and i was never there before 2000 so thats why i never new about the water sking.

- Max

DeadMan
06-14-2005, 11:14 AM
Stealth is still the project name and will change when the ride is opened. Its only on the plans as a sort of 'insert text here' thing, they dont need to include the actual name on the plans.

The water sking is still there just not owned by Thorpe any more. On the other side of the trees at the back of the park is Thorpe Water Ski, last year though they started to use Thorpe Park's lakes as well which is why people are starting to notice it more.
Their is also a fishing event that goes on at the start of the year at Thorpes lake as well.

hulkrider04
06-30-2005, 12:58 PM
http://www.rcdb.com/ig3081.htm?picture=1

coasterdude28
06-30-2005, 01:05 PM
Hasn't that been know for awhile?

Jerry S
06-30-2005, 01:37 PM
Shouldn't this be in 2006 construction?

Also, is there a name? I forgot if there was.

hulkrider04
06-30-2005, 04:03 PM
Shouldn't this be in 2006 construction?
This was made before the 06 forum was made

DeadMan
07-05-2005, 01:30 PM
The name hasn't been announced yet.

I put some more construction pics on Thorpe Park Insider yesterday, apart from a few more footers thought nothing else has happened. Track arrives this month and is planned to go up next month although it could be earlier as their ahead of schedule.

Maxamillious
07-05-2005, 11:57 PM
Deadman,

I was just on your site and it made me realize something. Isnít "The Big One" at BPPB taller then what Project Stealth is going to be?

- Max

Andy
07-06-2005, 05:37 AM
I've probably said this before, but this is a poor man's coaster. Why are they only having 2 elements when it's not that tall? I can understand why Kingda ka is like it is, the selling point is the height. But I don't understand what the selling point of this coaster is.

It seems such a waste to bother with all of this construction and not introduce a longer track layout. Surely it can't be that expensive to make it longer...

I wish they would put more effort into UK coasters and stop building such short rides. We need something decent to put us back on the coaster map.

roomraider
07-06-2005, 08:27 AM
i agree they could of done more. But to the british public it will draw the crowds. RITA is a good fun ride if a little short. I expect this will be too. if it draws people from inferno i'm happy :)

anyone know the cost of this thing?

geoking66
07-08-2005, 03:25 PM
The baby Kingda Ka will do better than daddy Kingda Ka.

Maxamillious
07-08-2005, 07:31 PM
In my opinion. The British donít have high expectations like a lot of Americans do, not just in theme parks but in general. I have lived in England for three years and in America for twelve. I believe this is a very true statement.

Also, there rides may be short and sweet but they pack a punch, instead of a long drawn out American coaster like we have. Theres are thrilling from start to finish. Alot of American rollercoasterís have boring sections between point-f and point-g. Think about it. . .

- Max

geoking66
07-10-2005, 12:18 AM
It seems like the British aren't out for record breakers, and go for innovative and exciting rides, which is better than record breakers in my opinion.

bigboy_1234567
07-14-2005, 04:58 PM
Europe has some pretty awsome rides IMO. You have the first Dive Machine, the first B&M Flyer, and a rollercoaster without restraints! Pretty sweet. I think Europes coasters are not as big but more original. Just look at Nemesis.

Jerry S
07-14-2005, 05:25 PM
Also, there rides may be short and sweet but they pack a punch, instead of a long drawn out American coaster like we have. Theres are thrilling from start to finish. Alot of American rollercoasterís have boring sections between point-f and point-g. Think about it. . .

- Max

What about the Ultimate at Lightwater Valley? That is one of the longest coasters, and is very uneventful from what I hear. Lot's of borring sections on that one.

of course, that's just one.....

hulkrider04
07-15-2005, 12:17 PM
http://www.insider.org.uk/thorpepark/Future/projectStealth/construction/july.htm
More pics!!!!

Johnny Upsidedown
07-16-2005, 04:23 AM
Nice pics, wow they are moving along nicely. Looks like alot of the footers are done and more getting completed.

Coasterholica
07-16-2005, 05:16 AM
What about the Ultimate at Lightwater Valley? That is one of the longest coasters, and is very uneventful from what I hear. Lot's of borring sections on that one.

Having ridden the Ultimate, I can confirm that the first half is as dull as ditch water (the only bonus is that it helped with their length record).......This all changes after the second (painfully slow) lift hill though. What you then get is an out of control experience where you are flung about left right and centre with a few moments where you think that you are going to get flung out of your seat. I came off laughing. A whole lot of fun. A half decent coaster in my opinion.

And adding to the points about how short our rides are, I'm agreeing with those who say that short can be sweet. I mean, I find Nemesis a lot more fun than the 'longer, taller' Pepsi Max Big One, which is pretty boring in my opinion. And I'm sure that Stealth is going to be fun, even though its not the worlds tallest fastest coaster. I can see how someone from America might see it as lame, what with it looking like a smaller version of Kingda Ka, but most people in the UK wont have ridden let alone seen anything like this before, so will obviously be much more exited at the prospect of riding this. I know I am anyway! It should make up for the slight dissapointment that was Rita. And before you Alton fanboys start on me, I'm not outright slagging Rita off, I just felt that there could have been a bit more could have been done with the layout even with the height restriction.

DeadMan
09-10-2005, 04:58 AM
Constructions coming along nicely for this ride, they put this load or track up in just 3 days.

Thorpe Park Insider - Construction Update (http://www.insider.org.uk/thorpepark/Future/projectStealth/construction/index.htm)

Johnny Upsidedown
09-10-2005, 02:28 PM
Cool ride looks like fun, I bet its more reliable than its larger siblings. Track assembly goes real quick once the footers are in. I hope they update with more photos soon as it looks like construction work is going real fast.

magnumxl2005
09-10-2005, 04:12 PM
Isn't this thing going to be 200 ft? because jeez that looks like you will be getting a lot of airtime on that hill.

Johnny Upsidedown
09-10-2005, 05:22 PM
Another update at least there are new photos from today on the site. Sept 9 and 10 at the bottom. Looks like the tower is going up quickly for the top hat. Link below is same as above. http://www.insider.org.uk/thorpepark/Future/projectStealth/construction/index.htm

Also look at these photos from another site which has lots of great construction photos. http://www.thorpepark.com/explore/2006/photo_diary_September.asp

meames
09-11-2005, 02:38 PM
Going back to the 'its a bit small 'aint it?'...

You have to also remember that many people who ride Thorpe's new ride will not have ridden Top Thrill (me included) or anything like it before - so it is a big deal for us.

We also proved back in 1994 that height isn't everything - Nemesis for me still hasn't been beaten for an inverted, looking forward to Montu in May, but after seeing it last time I am not holding my breath. :)

Fragmaster
09-22-2005, 09:38 AM
We also proved back in 1994 that height isn't everything
Yeah, but as the layout of Kingdaka/ttd and thorpes new ride are all the same, its all about height and speed imo.

thorpecrazy
09-22-2005, 10:38 AM
Isn't this thing going to be 200 ft? because jeez that looks like you will be getting a lot of airtime on that hill.

The first set of breaks have been installed on the end of the bunny hop, do you think that will ruin the airtime?

tcornolo
09-22-2005, 12:21 PM
Update on Thorpe's site. Looks like they are placing the first peice of twisted white track on the down side and the second of 4 Accumulators. This ride actually looks like it could be intense, at least the bunny hill.

magnumxl2005
09-22-2005, 03:43 PM
The first set of breaks have been installed on the end of the bunny hop, do you think that will ruin the airtime?
No, this shouldn't ruin the airtime I hope, I think why kingda ka doesn't get much airtime is because the the hill is really drawn out if you know what I mean. On thorpe parks rocket it looks almost like the airtime will almost be ejector.

Coasterholica
09-23-2005, 09:55 AM
Latest picture update here (Southparks.org) (http://www.southparks.org/site/archives/projstealth/page2/index.html). There's about 20 metres to go before its finally 'topped off'!

Dan G
09-24-2005, 03:54 AM
http://www.southparks.org/site/archives/projstealth/page2/pics/sep05-30.jpg

I am definitely digging the fading paint job, that looks really sick...It's too bad more coasters don't have paint jobs like that, it really gives the coaster a whole different feel to it.

Adz
09-26-2005, 02:03 PM
El Fin (http://www.thorpepark.co.uk/explore/2006/photo_diary_September_top_hat.asp)

Gone up like a shot and it looks great! Shame about the as per usual poor British weather so no nice photos yet.

Coasterholica
09-26-2005, 02:08 PM
Stealth was topped (http://www.thorpepark.co.uk/explore/2006/photo_diary_September_top_hat.asp) off earlier today!

redunzelizer
09-26-2005, 02:51 PM
more hi-res footage including *video* of top-hat assembly:

http://www.themeuk.net/Thorpe_ProjectStealth_Construction_PG3.html

tcornolo
09-26-2005, 04:22 PM
Great to see this thing topped off! The more and more I look at the hill following the top hat, the more and more I think it will provide ejector air.

Adz
09-27-2005, 12:47 PM
They arn't wasting time!

Car Pull Through (http://www.thorpepark.co.uk/explore/2006/photo_diary_September_pull_through.asp)

Andy
09-27-2005, 03:12 PM
I can't help but think that this ride looks a bit sad and pathetic. I mean, it's got one 200ft hill and a bunny hop with a brake on it. That's it!! Why on earth didn't they didn't add some extra elements I'll never know. I really see know point to this coaster at all. it's been done twice before in the US at twice the height...

steel
09-27-2005, 04:48 PM
You're kidding. It looks really sweet. Thorpe Park isn't a giant like Cedar Point or SFGAdv. KK and TTD are both exciting, but you wouldn't marathon on them. This one might actually be a possibility. I would love to ride it.

meames
09-27-2005, 05:46 PM
I am going to Thorpe (and Chessington) at the end of October for the Haloween stuff and I cannot wait to see this thing. Sure it is only the height of the Big One, but what the hey, its causing quite a bit of excitement in the Eames household! Can't wait for the start of next season so I can go and ride it.

Joseph
09-27-2005, 06:11 PM
Ah sweet! Looks like this thing will be done quickly. I'm not too excited about it, but I do hop its done by the time I visit next spring.

Andy
09-28-2005, 04:55 PM
By sheer chance I was driving by Thorpe Park today and I drove into the car park to have a quick look...it's actually difficult to see the tower as the track is painted white. It also looks a lot bigger than I imgained and dwarfs Thorpe's other rides.

Maybe it won't be as pathetic as I thought, but it should still have been longer!

HAJiME
10-08-2005, 12:55 PM
But I don't understand what the selling point of this coaster is.
It's height and speed is it's selling point dispite there being bigger and better things out there.

You have to remember that this is the UK... We don't have the height for record breakers like 'Ka. And Tussauds are lazy. A more developed interesting design like Xcelerator or Australia's new accelerator coaster would be too much for the brains at Tussauds to cope with. They would overload and explode...

This is big and it is fast, expeshally for the UK and even Europe. Not the biggest or fastest, but a fantasrtic addition to Thorpe Park's thrill factor.

Technically, in accleration Stealth will be better than TTD. So while it's top speed isn't that impressive, the intensity of this thing should be pretty damn amazing...

Annyway. I'm shocked how fast they got the top hat up. I was in Thorpe back in August when there wasn't even track around... And i looked at the construction topic on CoasterForce.info a week or so ago and the top hat and airtime hill where complete.

Tussauds deserve praise for how quickly they have got stuff up this year and last.

Maybe it won't be as pathetic as I thought, but it should still have been longer!
And, how many coasters, Expeshally Brittish ones, can you think of that couldn't have done with being longer? Except perhaps the Ultimate, Vampire and the Big One?

it's actually difficult to see the tower as the track is painted white.
Never thought of that. Hm. I bet that's why it is white though. You know what Brit's are like with their "it spoils the landscape! whiiine!" bull'.

It also looks a lot bigger than I imgained and dwarfs Thorpe's other rides.

Lol! Well it is twice the high of everything else in the park. Lol. coming back down we'll get a good view of London. :P

I went through a little "omg, it's gunna be huge" faze. Then i realised it really wasn't that huge. The London eye stands at 430ft and fails to look very big at all. In fact, the closer you get to it the smaller it seems. I don't think i'd even think 'Ka would look that huge standing right under it. So then i went into a "it's not gunna be huge, it's gunna be tall." and after seeing the photos was plesently suprised.

I'm dying to ride it now. Or even just see it for real. I want to go to thorpe just to look, but i'm fasting myself from theme parks until Halloween week to make it all more special.

Montu Man
10-11-2005, 08:51 PM
This thing isn't record breaking or pushing the limits of technology, but it definitely looks cool. 0-80 in 4 seconds might be a little slow, but should still provide a great launch.

tommyistommy
10-11-2005, 09:19 PM
Sure, it isn't that high, or fast, but it will be good for people who never rode a launch coaster, and for that park, its an awesome ride to have. I only read the last page, but 0-80 in 4 seconds is still alright. Chillers launch is 0-70 in 4, and you still feel it. Its not a quick launch like storm runners 0-72 in 2 seconds, but should still provide the oh crap feeling in your stomach...

siestakey
10-11-2005, 09:52 PM
sorry, lol, but isn't it spelt Thorpe Park?

VekomahangNbang
10-11-2005, 10:04 PM
The ride will still be cool. It's a lauch coaster so how can you go wrong. I do wish they would make the lauch a little bit faster to at lease 0-80 in 3 seconds, but it is what it is.

nicktheride
10-12-2005, 06:56 AM
Wrong. The launch is 0-80 in 2 seconds. They fixed that a long time ago. Check out theirs website at www.thorpepark.com for more

Martin
10-12-2005, 07:08 AM
Stealth was topped (http://www.thorpepark.co.uk/explore/2006/photo_diary_September_top_hat.asp) off earlier today!
Aww it's a baby Kingda Ka!

This thing looks pretty sweet, and the airtime hill looks so small compared to the tower.

tommyistommy
10-12-2005, 06:52 PM
Wrong. The launch is 0-80 in 2 seconds. They fixed that a long time ago. Check out theirs website at www.thorpepark.com (http://www.thorpepark.com) for more

Thats awesome then! Storm runners inital kick, is really fast. This will have that kick, and last a little longer. 40mph per second!

Andy
12-22-2005, 05:46 PM
Not that anyone probably cares, but since it's my home park, I thought I better mention it!!

Stealth has apprarantly completed is first successful test. See the link, although it contains no photos or video footage...

http://www.thorpepark.co.uk/explore/2006/new_for_2006.asp

The funny thing is, I was looking at it from the motorway on the exact day they tested, a few hours before, as I was driving past and thinking how cool it would be if I saw a train go over the top!!

I'll probably go on this ride when it opens next Spring as the park is only about 30 minutes from my house.

This seems to be the only new rollercoaster opening in the UK in 2006. It makes me really depressed when I see the new rides the USA is getting this year, and all we get is a much smaller clone of an existing ride. It really is time for Blackpool to get its act together and build a record-breaker.

VekomahangNbang
12-22-2005, 08:48 PM
I think the ride looks pretty good, but there is a lot more things you can do with the accelerators now, and I think they should have added more stuff besides a top hat and bunny hill.

nickolas_adam69
12-23-2005, 02:32 AM
why does it have OTSRs whe it doesnt even go upsidedown!

slipknot8527
12-23-2005, 03:02 AM
All new INTAMIN accelerator coasters do....even Rita, which is the tamest of them all. It has to do with the accidents on TTD and the S:RO's I believe.

meames
12-23-2005, 03:50 AM
This seems to be the only new rollercoaster opening in the UK in 2006

*cough* Oakwood *cough* :)

SheiKra
12-23-2005, 10:10 AM
^^I don't think there was an accident on TTD that suddenly made INTAMIN switch all of its restraints to OTSR. Unless your talking about the cable thing. But still I don't see how OTSR's are going to protect your face there either.

So with that said, did I miss an accident on TTD?

Cephas
12-23-2005, 11:11 AM
^I think he was mainly referring to the S:ROS accident.

Coasterholica
12-30-2005, 04:48 PM
*cough* Oakwood *cough* :)

There's also the cool looking Cobra (Gerstlauer Bobsled) opening at Paultons Park and Kumali, a Vekoma SLC for Flamingoland.

meames
01-02-2006, 08:40 PM
Didn't know about the Bobsled - looks rather good, I might have to have a tour of the UK this summer. :)

VekomahangNbang
01-03-2006, 02:12 AM
There's also the cool looking Cobra (Gerstlauer Bobsled) opening at Paultons Park and Kumali, a Vekoma SLC for Flamingoland.

WOW! Lets all rush out to go ride the new SLC!

At least Cobra looks like a sweet wild mouse.

meames
01-03-2006, 05:12 AM
Actually, I am looking forward to the SLC - the nearest new coaster to me, and only ever ridden one (which I liked) it will be a fresh break from new B&M coasters at Alton Towers.

Coasterholica
01-06-2006, 03:42 AM
WOW! Lets all rush out to go ride the new SLC!

SLC's are the perfect coaster for a park like Flamingoland who can't afford an expensive B&M. This coaster WILL bring in the crowds, which at the end of the day is all that matters to the park. Thankfully the general public arent picky when it comes to the coaster type. The fact that it inverts will be enough to get them exited.

VekomahangNbang
01-07-2006, 12:25 AM
^Exactly. The people will get drawed to to the park ride it, not knowing what they are in for. After they get off (once the headache goes away so they can think clearly) they will vow never to go on the ride again.

apsterling
01-07-2006, 12:28 AM
i nearly broke myneck on MindEraser @ SFDL

Cephas
01-07-2006, 12:56 PM
^Hm...thats the smoothest SLC I've been on. ME at SFDL really isn't that bad.

siestakey
01-07-2006, 01:22 PM
^Minderaser is one of the roughest, worst coasters I've been on....just my 2 cents...

Jerry S
01-09-2006, 08:22 AM
http://www.thorpepark.com/explore/2006/new_for_2006.asp

I don't like how the station appears all colorful but the logo is all....Stealthy. Maybe it'll be different.

Andy
01-09-2006, 10:47 AM
http://www.thorpepark.com/explore/2006/new_for_2006.asp

I don't like how the station appears all colorful but the logo is all....Stealthy. Maybe it'll be different.

I like it!

There are loads of new photos and information at the new official Stealth website, which was launched today.

http://stealth.thorpepark.com

They are also offering the fans to ride Stealth in February, one month before the park opens. I have already entered my name into the prize draw.

Wes
01-09-2006, 10:48 AM
I thought they moved Stealth to Carowinds. lol :D

Andy
02-04-2006, 05:39 PM
According to the Thorpe Park website, the speed of this coaster has been set at 80mph. That seems pretty fast, considering Stealth is only just over 200ft.

That should mean some pretty good speed and airtime over the hill. Top Thrill Dragster is over twice as tall as Stealth, yet only goes 40mph faster, which means Stealth will carry much more speed over the top hat.

I so hope I win some tickets in the competition, which Thorpe Park ran, which lets you ride Stealth this month during its testing.

Martin
03-11-2006, 04:01 PM
This thread faded away, but more updates have been posted. The trains look like Xcelerators:
http://stealth.thorpepark.com/photo_diary/photo_diary.asp?css=2&batch=23

Cephas
03-11-2006, 06:42 PM
Man, it really sucks this ride has OTSRs. They'll really take away from the ride experience.

Fantom
03-11-2006, 10:08 PM
Yeah, that sucks that you can go on a 400 ft coaster without OTSRs but not a 200 ft coaster.

Wes
03-14-2006, 12:26 PM
Wow! Awesome pics! Thanks Robb as always.

Johnny Upsidedown
03-15-2006, 04:29 PM
Stealth is officailly open to the public.
Go here for the story http://www.parksmania.it/english-news_news_thorpe-park--stealth-now-open_1858.html

Chris L
03-17-2006, 11:27 PM
This thread faded away, but more updates have been posted. The trains look like Xcelerators:
http://stealth.thorpepark.com/photo_diary/photo_diary.asp?css=2&batch=23

Ya, and Rita Queen of Speed's trains are also Xcelerator knock-offs. Hell, Stealth in general is an Xcelerator knock-off [well, design wise, probably a knock-off of Xcelerator (its train design and music), Dragster (station design and queue theming), AND Kingda Ka (layout design)], with the lack of overbanked turns and it having shoulder harnesses. In the opening day video (http://www.thorpepark2006.co.uk/videos.html), you can hear them playing 1950's Boardwalk style music (Beach Boy's Surfin' U.S.A.) like they do on Xcelerator's midway at Knott's. :rolleyes:

Stealth's new name: Top Thrill Kingda Dragcelerator Ka.

Martin
03-18-2006, 06:34 AM
^ Haha, that was a good one, though so true as well. Heck it still looks like a fun ride.

The only thing that I don't like about the Rocket OSTRs is the fact that the handles are oddly placed. Other than that they are great as they provide freedom and the sense of safety. The OSTR doesn't even touch a lot of people, making the entire restraint a large lap bar, which is how it feels for most people. However, as I see that all the new rockets have OSTRs, OSTRs on a rocket with the intensity, height, and speed of Rita really isn't necessary.

matteocrepaldi
03-18-2006, 07:37 AM
http://http://www.themeparkreview.com/miniuk2006/thorpe23.jpg

http://www.themeparkreview.com/miniuk2006/thorpe23.jpg

Does this mean that there can be a roll back?

Martin
03-18-2006, 08:10 AM
^ That is correct. That sign is also found at Kingda Ka:
http://www.amusementpics.com/KK/051705-060.jpg

Worm
03-18-2006, 09:51 AM
if a roll back occurs, what then? do they launch the poor, frightend to death people again?

Draken2k
03-18-2006, 10:49 AM
In all of my experience with rocket coasters, guests proportionately seem to be excited after a rollback rather than scared.

Martin
03-18-2006, 11:26 AM
Yeah, it must be a joy to get a rollback on a rocket. You have to be really lucky to get one, plus you get to experience two launches.

meames
03-18-2006, 06:45 PM
I know I will be hoping for a rollback when I ride - must visit in the winter when the wind is blowing :)

steel
03-18-2006, 06:49 PM
I hate how most coaster enthusiasts never get a rollback. The one right after your ride is guarenteed to be the one that rolls back, lol.