PDA

View Full Version : The Enterprise-Roundup-Chaos Bet

slydoc
08-27-2004, 09:19 PM
A friend of mine and I got into a bet about whether there's a difference between Enterprise, Roundup and Chaos rides other than the company that makes them. We agreed to let you settle the bet and your assistance is greatly appreciated.

coasetrphil
08-27-2004, 09:35 PM
The Chaos and Enterprise are completely different experiences, but I'm not familar with the Roundup so I can't help you with that.

HPStormRunner22
08-27-2004, 10:01 PM
^ The round-up is a circular drum that holds riders who are standing on the edge of the drum in with centrifigul force ( Don't know how to word it). No restraints but a chain.

Heres a link http://www.flatrides.com/Ride%20Index%20Pages/roundup.html

The enterprise- http://www.flatrides.com/Ride%20Index%20Pages/enterprise.html

And Chaos- http://www.flatrides.com/Ride%20Index%20Pages/chaos.html

slydoc
08-27-2004, 10:12 PM
FYI, obviously I have my own idea as to whether there's any difference or not, but in the interest of fairness I'm trying really hard not to say anything (as if it would matter all that much if I did say anything, LOL).

James R
08-28-2004, 01:30 AM
Round Up feels completely different. I've never ridden one, but from what i see, it looks to be similar to a Gravitron. Chaos-i? (lol) You swing outwards with gravity pushing you outwards away from the center and you also rock. Enterprise-s have a similar effect, but they cannot flip/rock. They can only just 'go with the flow'. Hopefully you had made your bet that they are different.

BryanWood
08-28-2004, 03:55 PM
Enterprise and Round-Up are somewhat similar. Both push you against your back with centrifugal force and G's, but you are in different positions. The Chaos is much different, because you can flip your car around while spinning, and the centrifugal forces are not nearly as strong as a Round-Up or Enterprise.

carrouseler
08-28-2004, 10:31 PM
Chaos: you're strapped in with OTSR. The center spins and your car spins around and upside down freely.

Enterprise: you seat in the car. It spins around at a great speed as to keep you against the seat and it raises and you go upside down.

Round Up: You stand against a mat. It spins at great speed and tilts. You do not go upside down.

Personally, I like the Enterprise the best because it is less painful. Round Up is pretty painful if you're pretty tall and your head exceeds the top of the mat. Chaos are fun, more parks should have them.

CPdude05
08-29-2004, 08:50 PM
I like chaos just a tad bit more than a round up. Ive never ridden an enterprise.

coastermatt
08-31-2004, 11:13 AM
I think Enterprises are cool looking. I wish HP would've kept theirs but there's always Dorney's. Do you think Chaos's are more Painful than Enterprises? I think they look about the same to me.

General Public
08-31-2004, 03:38 PM
There's no such thing as centrifugal force! There is only centripetal force! >:<

CPdude05
08-31-2004, 04:11 PM
I think Enterprises are cool looking. I wish HP would've kept theirs but there's always Dorney's. Do you think Chaos's are more Painful than Enterprises? I think they look about the same to me.
I rode the chaos at Cp and it is awesome. No pain at all. I still have to ride witches wheel. Its a shame that i have been there 20+ times and never rode witches wheel.

Bencerisback
08-31-2004, 05:14 PM
none of them are painful, although chaos can be a bit jerky

all three are completely different, round-ups are tons of fun, they have one at worlds of fun and i used to ride it right after i got off the orient express ever ytime (rip oe), and then they also have an enterprise and that is one of my facorite rides in the park because if spins really fast and then when you get to the point where your upside down it feels like your seat is gonna break off or youll sllip up and hit the ceiling (neither of those have any restraints except for a little chain on teh round up so you dont jump out of your spot and try to crawl around on the ride)

and chaos you go in circles and gradually get high and then your car starts flipping and its just CHAOS

CPdude05
08-31-2004, 08:25 PM
I like round ups but they get very boring after a while.

Calvin
09-05-2004, 01:23 PM
I personally love the Darton Zero G, because it goes nearly vertcal. And you can push yourself up off the floor and hold yourself up by kneeing the little rope. The Round-Up is a fair ride, but fun none-the-less. Chaos is kinda iffy. Best at night, but overall it just gets repetative. Enterprise is always fun, and the one that's touring UK fairs is a kind of mix between the Chaos and the Enterprise, because you sit in a Chaos-like seat, with an OTSR, with your legs dangling, and it spins and lifts Enterprise-like. It's called Millenium, and it's pretty fun.

Jerry S
09-06-2004, 10:17 AM
I can see how someone can confuse a Chaos and an Enterprise, by their looks. I don't know where round-up comes in.

CoasterGuy210
03-22-2007, 05:36 PM
They are all different. Each one offers a little something different, not to mention, the enterprise and round ups spin much faster than a Chaos. Chaos is a completely different ride from those two just because three rides spin and tilt to the same angle does not mean they are the same.

vedved82491
03-22-2007, 06:02 PM
Kind of summing up what everyone said.

Round-Up, Chaos, and Enterprise all go up similarily. Chaos and Enterprise are more similar that a round up, but yet they are all completely Different.

On a round-up, you are standing, spinning outward and causing a unique experience...for a more intense experience, try Starship 2000/3000

Chaos, you sit down, and every ride is always different. You can control the spinning and depending on the weight you can flip the car around all the way.

Enterprise, you are sitting in cars which look like they are at the end of a large bicycle tire. Centripetal/Centrifugal force (forgot which one) keeps you in your seat without any seat belts...similar to a roundup except different idea.

CoasterRockStar
03-26-2007, 04:08 PM
They all look completely diferent to me. I have only rode the Enterprise (Scream Weaver @ Carowinds) but the Round-Up looks alot like a Gravitron. I rode one of those and it feels nothing like SW. Of course I rode it @ Family KIngdom after they started running it slower. It might have a made a difference.

Timbersman
03-26-2007, 04:22 PM
They have a simular thing in common but have different sensations and forces.

Michael C
03-27-2007, 02:30 AM
The rides are Completely different:

The chaos is for starters a failed model. The ride lifts similarly to a roundup but that's about as close as it gets. the ride experience is primarily in the rides seats being able to swing and hopefully flip.

Roundups are retro Spin n' puck rides. The Rides main function is to spin and a Farly high rate of speed creating enough centrifugal force to hold you in while the ride is lifted to t less then a vertical angle. The ride is all about force.

Enterprise rides are a step up form the round ups. It's also about force but the ride is increased in it's thrill aspect. the ride reaches a full vertical angle and provided gondolas that swing out words with the force so you can make vertical inversions.

vedved82491
03-27-2007, 03:48 AM
Not all Enterprises go completely vertical tho.

medieval
03-27-2007, 08:42 AM
I would have thought this bet was settled 2 years ago...