PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Arrow...is the Arrowbatic dead?

Shades
05-05-2001, 02:51 PM
So has anyone heard about an installation of this really cool looking new coaster? I've been on the lookout since it was announced, but noone's bitten. Any ideas?

slipknot8527
05-05-2001, 03:46 PM
I beleive the Arrowbatic coaster had many problems and was put aside. They fixed the few bugs and rereleased it as a 4th dimension coaster. So it's not gone, just has a different name. Should be at SFMM shortly.

X2001
05-05-2001, 04:37 PM
Sorry but the Arrow Arrowbatic coaster is nothing like X that's going in at SFMM.
<BR>
<BR>The Arrowbatic coaster is an Inverted wild mouse type coaster, while the 4d is a prototype coaster that has a vertical drop and flipping seats.
<BR>
<BR>I think the industry is just waiting for X to open to see if Arrow has really improved the quailty of there coasters. Once X opens and it works great then you will see Arrow's of all types start to pop up.
<BR>
<BR>I am just greatful that SFMM was willing to take a big chance with Arrow and this new prototype coaster. I just pray that everything goes great once X is built b/c Arrow's future is riding on it.
<BR>
<BR>

Arslock
05-05-2001, 05:18 PM
<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
<BR>On 2001-05-05 16:37, X2001 wrote:
<BR>The Arrowbatic coaster is an Inverted wild mouse type coaster, [snip snip]
<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End -->
<BR>
<BR>Inverted wild mouse, what the heck are you talking about? The arrowbatic had extra wheels, so it could do zero g rolls and other manuvers. It was certainly not <b>anything</b> like an Inverted wild mouse.
<BR>
<BR>No plans for installation, the darn thing was too expensive, and had problems.

X2001
05-05-2001, 05:34 PM
Arrow said it themselves that the Arrow Arrowbatic coaster was a inverted wild mouse that is capable of inversion. I don't know where you got the expensive/problems from b/c that's not true. Arrow built a prototype of the Arrowbatic just like they did with the 4d at the arrow plant, that's how they know these rides will work b/c they test them at there site first. I am sure that the Arrowbatic is not that expensive and that they will be built as soon as the industry see that Arrow can make a smooth coaster once X opens at SFMM.

Shades
05-05-2001, 07:38 PM
X2001 is right. There is a definite difference between the 4th Dimension design and the Arrowbatic. The Arrowbatic is, according to Arrow, an inverted wild mouse. It was designed so smaller parks could put in a more intense coaster with a smaller footprint (overall land that the ride occupies). Its cars sit below the track, hence, inverted. It is capable of inversions. 4th Dimension's cars straddle the track, holding two riders on each side. 4th's cars also spin you head over heels. Arrowbatic's are not capable of this. I think it's a very innovative and cool idea, and I do hope very much it becomes a reality soon. As for Arrow's track record, that's a good point too. I have heard that their coasters tend to be rough. The amusement industry may be holding out. But why jump all over the 4th Dimension when this design (Arrowbatic) has been available for longer and is based on an idea that works?

coastergenius100
05-05-2001, 07:42 PM
Interesting, I saw the Actrobatic on some roller coaster documentary, they said that it would be the first coaster capible of a 90 degrees drop. Which I thought sounded funny as a result of the fact that many coasters contian verticle drops.

JD
05-05-2001, 08:14 PM
If I am correct, I believe these "vertical drops" like on Oblivion are a bit off 90 degrees, something like 87.5, I think.

Old Crow
05-05-2001, 08:22 PM
Close enough! This along with X these two are the most awaited coasters in my mind. Arrowbatic would totaly bring back some excitement to a boring park. It's small and unique and could really help the lines at a park. Especially if you run several cars at once.

BryanWood
05-05-2001, 08:28 PM
There have been many rumors of the Arrowbatic making it's debut at CP when all the kinks work out.

Air-force-1
05-18-2001, 04:40 PM
Arslok...
<BR>
<BR>The Arrowbatic IS in fact an inverted wild mouse type ride. I believe the ride that you are referring to was the "pipeline" prototype that was scrapped in the early '90's...was supposed to debut in '92. The Arrowbatic has been on either Discovery channel or MSNBC and looks like a great ride.
<BR>
<BR>Later,
<BR>DAVE

Kraken
05-18-2001, 06:09 PM
Yes, it is a type of Inverting Mouse. However, Reverchon has cornered them there. They have already developed succesful Inverted Mice. Several are working in fairs in Europe. They can be made to stay straight, or can be made to swing on the turns. This same type of coaster is featured in the Roller Coaster Tycoon video game.

Shades
05-19-2001, 12:51 PM
Hey, Reverchon's got a similar model? Do you know where I can get some info on it?

coaster man098
05-19-2001, 04:12 PM
i'ld like to add that hypersonic does feature a 90 degree drop, not 89.5 of anything

coastergenius100
05-19-2001, 05:12 PM
<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
<BR>On 2001-05-05 20:14, JD wrote:
<BR>If I am correct, I believe these "vertical drops" like on Oblivion are a bit off 90 degrees, something like 87.5, I think.
<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End -->
<BR>
<BR>Well that's Oblivion, I'm pretty sure that the ones on Batman and Robin, Mr. Freeze tophats are complete. Also the spikes on the impluse coasters and Super Invertigoes. Of coarse this program was made a while ago.

condor27
05-19-2001, 05:23 PM
Too bad Arrow isn't willing to take the initiative to become the first to sell small inverted. Arrowbatic still exists on paper only, where Pinfari and Zamperla's compact inverted (with inversions) are already physically built.

Kraken
05-19-2001, 06:24 PM
XLC has a staight down drop, but the straight down part is only for about 12 feet S:TE, and Tower of Terror have straight down backwards drops. Deja Vu and Impulse coasters are just a little bit off. Technicly, many coaster have had straight down areas on drops, where the curving drop is way over banked.

Nosk8er
05-30-2001, 01:02 AM
any place i could get some info on this bad boy?