PDA

View Full Version : Ghoulie's Grove

dkmaddog
10-07-2004, 11:10 PM
Well I got a little bored the other day and decided to build a park for the October competition. I've never really done a major park or competition like this before (normally play RCT and RCT 2 just for scenarios), so of course this is going to be bad. I have the entrance area partly finished and am looking for constructive criticism. I know its not very good but hopefully I'll get better with time. Also, I could use some good custom scenery for a halloween style park. I have no scenery other than what came with the game so if anyone knows where I can get some good scenery objects, tell me. Thanks.

Heres a screen of the enterance.
Enterance 1 (http://pic13.picturetrail.com/VOL456/2697890/5392133/68971947.jpg)

coasetrphil
10-07-2004, 11:12 PM
What you have so far actually looks really nice for someone that has never done anything major in RCT2. It looks really good so far.

For scenery I would just download some of the more popular parks here, at New Element, and at rct2.com. You should get all the scenery you could ever want if you do that.

Aaron
10-07-2004, 11:25 PM
Interesting twist on the Halloween theme. It looks considerably brighter, but the Halloween effect isn't lost at all. The use of slides as scenery is something I haven't seen much of. Good job.

SFGadvKing
10-07-2004, 11:34 PM
its very very not bad for a first park. i have to disagree with aaron, i think the brightness of the screen loses the halloween feel of the park. with all the castle scenery you have, it looks too much like a medieval park. you've got the spooky scenery there but you need to have more than just the grey walls.

CPdude05
10-08-2004, 03:24 PM
This is very good for your first park, but you have too many buildings of the same type. I would download some other parks so that you could get some more different scenery.

dkmaddog
10-08-2004, 06:49 PM
Thanks for all of the suggestions. This park is going to end up not being so great so I'm just going to continue building it as a learning process. Here is a screen of the parks first and maybe only coaster, aptly named The Last Ride.
The Last Ride (http://pic13.picturetrail.com/VOL456/2697890/5392133/69032300.jpg)

I also began encorporating some different style walls and ect. in the areas of the park I just built. I think I have trouble variating the styles of buildings because once I get started on a style or theme, I can't seem to get off that particular style or make a smooth transition between styles. I guess that is a skill that will come with practice.

CPdude05
10-08-2004, 06:53 PM
GREAT JOB!! That coaster looks awesome and looks even better with all the scenery. You are doing a great job with this park. This park would slaughter my first park.

bk2004
10-08-2004, 09:14 PM
The wooden coaster is cool looking, though that path cutting right through the lift seems a little odd.

Also, good job on the theming with what you have. It does look good, but it does looj more like a medieval theme more than an october theme.

HPStormRunner22
10-08-2004, 09:47 PM
It looks good. Much better than anything I could through together.

Aaron
10-08-2004, 11:31 PM
The wooden coaster looks great, from what I can see of it, and the path cutting through it is not only a good idea, but it'll add nicely to the excitement rating.
Although there's certainly a medieval atmosphere to the park, it seems sufficently Halloween-esque to qualify, so don't worry about that.