PDA

View Full Version : New to the board

coasterclint
11-15-2004, 09:39 PM
Hey there,

Well i just wanted to introduce my self to the board. I just found your forum a week ago and have been doing some reading up. My name is Coaster Clint. I am a radio dj in Fredericksburg, VA. I have the Coaster Web site thing, I ride the coasters, and love to hang with the coaster forums.

Well I dont know if there was much else to say other then that. hope to chat with you soon.

Coaster Clint
www.coastercrew.com (http://www.coastercrew.com)
coasterclint@coastercrew.com

medieval
11-15-2004, 09:42 PM
I'm happy to be the first to say WELCOME TO THRILLNETWORK. Sorry, I got carried away. Cool a radio DJ. Thats something new around here. (at least I think).
If their is one place to talk about coasters its here. So have fun and enjoy yourself here. You will probally make friends here like alot of us did. :D

P.S. Sometimes it gets crazy around here. You'll get used to is after a while:flip: .

Homer
11-15-2004, 09:44 PM
Wrong forum, but welcome to ThrillNetwork..

sfft_2108
11-15-2004, 09:47 PM
Welcome........

Draculus
11-15-2004, 09:57 PM
Welcome to the network. Have fun posting! :)

Montu Man
11-15-2004, 09:57 PM
Hi, glad to meet someone new. Hopefully you will stay here and not go to RCPro or something.

coasterclint
11-15-2004, 10:02 PM
I already like you guys more then SOME FORUMS.... I have had bad experences latly with some coaster forums and there... well meanness.. if thats a word.

You guys rock.. thanks for the welcome

sfft_2108
11-15-2004, 10:06 PM
Thank You for posting on the internet. What forum(s) did you come from?

coasterclint
11-15-2004, 10:12 PM
Well i dont like posting other forums in forums with curtisy to the forum i am in but it ryhmes with coasterfuzz.... LoL

bk2004
11-15-2004, 10:14 PM
Welcome, Coasterclint. I like that name! :) Have a good time here as you already seem to be having.

sfft_2108
11-15-2004, 10:16 PM
Well i dont like posting other forums in forums with curtisy to the forum i am in but it ryhmes with coasterfuzz.... LoL
I wonder what they could be?

coasterclint
11-15-2004, 10:16 PM
Not the nicest forum i have been to... but hey this one seams to be very friendly... you guys must be from Minnesota LoL jk...

(if you did not get it Minnesota has a thing called Minnesota nice... the hole state has this thing with being nice... I am from there thats why i know about it)

Coaster Clint
www.coastercrew.com (http://www.coastercrew.com)

SFGadvKing
11-15-2004, 10:18 PM
welcome

Cuddy
11-15-2004, 10:24 PM
First, I moved this to the proper forum.

Second, it's great you have a coaster site, if you would like to submit it to TN, you are most encouraged to.

Third, always great to have new members and no comment about coasetrbuzz.

coasterclint
11-15-2004, 10:26 PM
Hey i do videos (mostly about coasters) the only thing i think sets my site different from others... please check them out and let me know what you think.

www.coastercrew.com/coastervideos.html (http://www.coastercrew.com/coastervideos.html)

Jimmy B
11-15-2004, 11:33 PM
Hi coasterclint!

How long have you been interested coasters/parks? And were you naturally interested or did someone or something help get you into it?

Carowinds 73-03
11-16-2004, 03:27 AM
Welcome CoasterClint. Always good to see some new faces around here. I agree that this is better than other forums, were like one huge family here.

BTW. What station do you work at? Is it a Clear Channel station?
I ask cause between me, my parents and my brother we have worked in radio for about 40 years.

Wes
11-16-2004, 08:14 AM
Hey dude,

I've been to Fredericksburg before :) I saw the battle fields last summer.

Welcome to the boards! ;party;

SFOG Freak
11-16-2004, 02:53 PM
Welcome to TN Clint!

I hope you enjoy your stay...

DEJA-VU RULES
11-16-2004, 03:41 PM
Welcome to the boards coasterclint and have fun.

HPStormRunner22
11-16-2004, 04:13 PM
Welcome to TN. Have fun posting! And I am going to Fredricksburg next summer to tour the battlefields.

aribev24
11-16-2004, 07:44 PM
Welcome to the boards, coasterclint. I'm sure you will enjoy it!:)

coasterclint
11-16-2004, 09:19 PM
Hurricane - My storys of coasters goes way back to when i was 5 and was on my first woodie, at valleyfair. Ever seince then i said i wanted to test coasters. i worked at valleyfair in the summer of 99 and that is when i found out about cedar point. It was all down hill from there. I have had the coaster crew for about 5 years now. We have been riding them coasters together and haveing a ball... Now were looking to expand a little, just have to find people in states that we are not in, that are intrested in running that part of the crew. Its fun stuff as you can see from the videos if you got a chance to look at thime ( www.coastercrew.com/coastervideos.html (http://www.coastercrew.com/coastervideos.html) ).

Carowinds - I have been in radio for about 5 years. I have worked for clear channal part time.. but most places i work are privet stations... they have the best intrested for Jocks... not like them big companys taking over and voice tracking everything.

BGWfreak - sorry to here that you had to look at all them fields... i mean it might just be me but they look the same as other fields that are not battlefields... hmmm i wonder if its just a marketing skeem to get people here.

HPstormrunner - ha ha have fun on them tours.. he he hit me up when your giong to come... i might be able to take you away from them and hit up some coasters at PKD lol thats fun stuff.

Wes
11-16-2004, 09:24 PM
Yeah, but the museum is interesting. And I like history.

Carowinds 73-03
11-16-2004, 10:13 PM
Aint that the truth. I worked for 106.5 The End here for about 5 years until CC came in a took over. I worked for about 3 months after that and i had enough.

PKIDelirium
11-16-2004, 10:18 PM
heh, there's a TON of Clear Channel stations here, welcome aboard CLint!

coasterdude28
11-16-2004, 10:44 PM
hey welcome to TN. I just recently joined and i love it here. i think you will like it to. have fun posting.

leeloo1953
11-17-2004, 06:45 PM
Welcome aboard coasterclint! You'll probably learn that my stories of coasters go much further back in time than yours. lol

I can say that my first experience with a "coaster" website was the one you said, and yes, that is a very rude website. TN so much more fun. So have fun, keep posting and become part of the family!!

coasterlove
11-18-2004, 01:11 PM
Hurricane - My storys of coasters goes way back to when i was 5 and was on my first woodie

Wow, I didn't have my first woodie until I was 10 or so....but that's another story.

Anyways, welcome to the board. It's always interesting and weird here.

Ta2KX
11-18-2004, 02:07 PM
welcome to Thrillnetwork coasterclint, you'll find TN to be a great place to chat about coasters, debate over which ones are the best, and laugh at the people who have no idea what they're talking about. But in addition, TN is a great resource when you want to plan a trip to a park or several parks. Many of us can give you valuable advice, when to visit, how to save the most money, and give you insight on which coasters are worth the trip to ride. TN has a huge collection of Trip Reports in its own section of the boards submitted by members that provide detailed info about parks around the world. They can often help one find the park or atttactions that have what they're looking for.