PDA

View Full Version : stitch's great escape

Bencerisback
01-27-2005, 09:23 PM
i was just in orlando this past week and decided to stop in at magic kingdom on our "disney hopper pass day", we rode all the classics and then i knew that alien encounter we gone and that this was here...so we had to ride it, and i thought it was dumb in the first place that they took out alien encounter and put this in (i do know why they did it though), but then after riding it i thought the ride was terrible, boring, and had little effects compared to alien encounter, it wasnt scary and wasnt funny so i just thought this ride was a waste of time and money (plus i still had that stitch burp smell in my nose all day)

anyone else's opinions?

KW fan
05-31-2007, 09:38 PM
I liked it. I was there last week

coasterdude28
05-31-2007, 09:46 PM
I thought that this ride was terrible. When I say terrible, I don't mean like "ehh it wasn't so good, terrible." I mean "Wow, I never ever will ride that again, terrible". There was not one thing that I enjoyed about this ride. I would consider it more of a torture chamber than a ride. Wy would anyone subject themself to being trapped in an uncomfortable chair while having a terrible smell pumped on their neck? I just don't get it.

jimhamblin
06-01-2007, 09:04 AM
Alien encounter? I thought it was the ExtraTERRORestrial experience. Or am I thinking of something completly different at WDW?

razor12
06-01-2007, 11:07 AM
That was the name for the encouncer. It was ExtraTERRORestrial encounter or experience. I don't remember, but that ride freaked me out. I decided not to return to The Magic Kingdom due to the fact that I enjoyed three rides and most of which are outdated. The lines were also horrible. It wasn't fun anymore. I'll give it ten to fifteen years.

I waited an hour for the Stich's Escape. May I say, this ride sucked. I thought to myself, why did I ride this piece of "crap"!

jimhamblin
06-01-2007, 07:52 PM
It's sad to hear they removed the ExtraTERRORestrial experience then. I like it a lot. It's even more sad that it was replaced by something that seems to be a bit lack-luster. Not what we've come to expect from Disney.

Raptor
06-02-2007, 03:46 PM
* The full name was "The Extra-TERRORestrial Alien Encounter" , but most people just referred to it as Alien Encounter.

helix123
06-14-2007, 07:07 PM
Alien encounter when I rode it at the age of seven scared the crap out of me. I started to cry and everything. But the next day I rode Rockin Roller Coaster and loved it so I guess it evens out? right

apsterling
06-14-2007, 07:44 PM
Alien Encounter was removed for it's intensity and the customer dissatisfaction - aside from teenagers and single/couple adults, nobody liked it.

Stitch's Great Escape was put in to replace it, though IMO, i'd have been happier with a better ride in there. SGE sorta sucks mainly because they don't turn the lights down enough, it's very lamely themed, and they don't really follow much of a story.

PANTSFREE
06-14-2007, 10:11 PM
Alien Encounter was so awesome... I remember that being my favorite ride at the Magic Kingdom back when it first opened and my family had Disney season passes. Anytime we went I had to go on it.

Now enter last March when I went on the Stitch Escap piece of garbage... WOW, what a terrible ride. Probably my least favorite thing in all of WDW. It isn't just because Alien Encounter was so awesome, it was just that this Stitch thing was an obnoxiously boring piece of garbage... They even ruined the awesome scary robot guy during the second waiting room area!!!

Its sad that disney has to ruin all of their best old rides by replacing them with such terrible ones...

Michael C
06-15-2007, 10:21 PM
I was so mad when they announced this. They had a fantastic attraction with a Great premise and the Only thing I had against it was the Same Voice actor was used for all the sayings. this new Version is terrible. It's still too scary for Children that tend to like Stitch and Adults can't enjoy it. and these insistence of adding these grouse out Smell to there attractions is geting annoying.

Raptor
06-19-2007, 02:48 PM
And I can tell you upfront that that is the first I've heard of that "rumor", and Tower of Terror is not going anywhere for a loooonnnnng time.

James R
06-19-2007, 03:35 PM
I wouldn't question Raptor's credibility on Tower of Terror, as he works there. Heh. Well, The Tower of Terror concept worked out so well at WDW, that Disney made it an attraction at their other parks. You don't see many kids riding it because it's a ride that has a taller height requirement, and because it's a huge, scary tower. That's probably why a three or four-year-old wouldn't go inside.

Raptor
06-19-2007, 04:06 PM
You wouldn't believe how young some kids are that go on it. I've seen three year olds ride. As long as they're 40", they can ride. Age doesn't really have much to do with it, either - just as many adults "chicken out" as children.

You're forgetting that one of the biggest complaints about Alien Encounter was that it was in the Magic Kingdom. Alien Encounter would have worked in any other park, really, but not in MK. It really was out of place there, which is why most parents didn't think twice about letting their small children on it, but then were furious when the kids became terrified.

Well, that + Stitch is more marketable.

PANTSFREE
06-19-2007, 09:12 PM
TOT isn't going to close anytime soon... It doesn't make any sense at all that it would... Although disney does cater towards families obviously more then thrill seekers, they do have some thrilling and to some extent even scary rides, and these are among their most popular and timeless attractions.

If you're going to say rumor has it they plan to take out TOT because its too scary you might as well say there were rumors to remove Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Rock n Roller, Expedition Everest, etc...