PDA

View Full Version : Roll out the red carpet...

DontLookDown
02-01-2005, 12:17 AM
I know it's only a matter of time before I'm banned, but before I am, I'd like to say hello to everybody and say... I'm not such a bad guy. I've now spent 1/3 of my life working at amusement parks (no, I have not lived and travelled with a carnival; back in my day you could be 14 and operate a ride.) I've held various positions and am currently in upper management. I'm certified by AIMS and i am a NAARSO safety inspector; so I know what I'm talking about when it comes to rides (operational, mechanical, electrical, engineering, you name it i know it). Don't be mad if I correct you on the boards...I just believe if people are using wrong information/terms, then they should be corrected for everyone's benefits.

See you out there!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carowinds 73-03
02-01-2005, 12:26 AM
Well let me give you an official TN welcome before you get banned. If you get banned.

Enjoy the site and keep posting.

Sandy W
02-01-2005, 12:30 AM
Hello from me I am not in a parks employ now but I was an operator for over one third of my life as well. What is it like being a NAARSO inspector. Are you level 1, 2, or 3? Its interesting to hear about folks.

DontLookDown
02-01-2005, 12:44 AM
Hello from me I am not in a parks employ now but I was an operator for over one third of my life as well. What is it like being a NAARSO inspector. Are you level 1, 2, or 3? Its interesting to hear about folks.

Level 1. I originally put that but took itout. I'm not currently 'inspecting' rides, as I am in ops mgmt, but it will surely help me in my career.

Ta2KX
02-01-2005, 12:47 AM
Well, DontLookDown, we welcome you to our humble site, hopefully you will have some positive input to share with all of us, hope all your different stories add up and don't contradict eachother, because nobody likes a liar . . But that's beside the point, welcome to TN, or as many of us know it - the evolved version of coasterforum.

DontLookDown
02-01-2005, 01:05 AM
Well, DontLookDown, we welcome you to our humble site, hopefully you will have some positive input to share with all of us, hope all your different stories add up and don't contradict eachother, because nobody likes a liar . . But that's beside the point, welcome to TN, or as many of us know it - the evolved version of coasterforum.

Yes, I'll be sure to cover myself so i don't expose the fraud that i am... ::rolls eyes:: :-P

Wes
02-01-2005, 10:42 AM
Welcome to the boards.

If you really are a manager, then you could add a lot to the boards.

Just don't get an attitude with someone just because they post something incorrectly.

We've all done it.

Anyway, welcome to TN. ;party;

bk2004
02-01-2005, 12:06 PM
Welcome to TN! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/bk2004/dance.gif
Enjoy the boards. I've seen you around already, so it looks like you already are!!

HPStormRunner22
02-01-2005, 07:13 PM
Yea enjoy it here. Being an inspector sounds cool. Maybe one day I could do something like that.

sfft_2108
02-01-2005, 09:52 PM
Welcome aboard.

leeloo1953
02-02-2005, 08:36 PM
Welcome to TN...have fun!!

rlrcstrfreak
02-04-2005, 12:14 AM
welcome, What parks have you worked at?

medieval
02-04-2005, 10:49 PM
Welcome to TN. Enjoy your stay. Either short or long. But yea where have you worked?