PDA

View Full Version : Paramount Vs. Six Flags Vs. Cedar Fair Vs. Disney Staff

TopGun2004
02-03-2005, 09:40 PM
I want to know with people who have worked at other parks in a different chain. Simple as this which is better

Since i worked at Paramount and i have been to all the other park chains i still believe paramount employees are a little bit better than the others. No Offense to other park chain employees but i believe Six Flags emplyees just really dont care (Some do as with other park chains).

What do you all of the other park chain peoples believe

lukeventura
02-03-2005, 10:22 PM
Can you really judge this thing on a chain by chain basis? I'm sure it would be different at each park. That being said, Disney is the worst.

CoasterJunkie
02-03-2005, 10:32 PM
I know I might be a bit biased, but I'm going to have to go with Disney. Cedar Fair and Paramount are in a close second. I do agree with lukeventura however that it really does vary park to park within chains. Based on my experiance the staff at Busch Gardens Williamsburg is MUCH better than that of Tampa Bay. Same with Six Flags, Great America's is very good, but Magic Mountain's is horrible.

RLLrCoastrLover
02-03-2005, 10:58 PM
Based on my experiences, I would say Cedar Fair is the best, Then Paramount, the Six Flags, and I have never been to disney.

Montu Man
02-03-2005, 11:13 PM
I know it's not on there, but Busch easily, easily has the best. the'r mostly friendly, trained well, know where everything is, etc. Disney is bad IMO.

medieval
02-05-2005, 08:20 PM
It all depends on the employee him/herself. You will probally run into rude employees where you go. Some people are nice, but others are just mean. But the park itself should choose who they hire or not better.

PGH_Steeler
02-06-2005, 12:52 AM
i'm not picking any of those, i'm pickin my park KENNYWOOD!!!! WE ARE THE BEST!!!! YAY!!!!! lol

Montu Man
02-06-2005, 02:19 AM
You are biased! Yay!

I can see SF employees being rude, as they are underpayed, are lazy, etc. Just look at the SFNE strike.

slnewbus
02-06-2005, 01:23 PM
CF definitely has the best workers. Followed by paramount, disney and six flags. Six flags definitely has the worst workers. They are rude, inefficient, and not customer oriented.

hulkrider04
02-06-2005, 01:26 PM
I voted disney but if Universal was up there i would have picked them

Marcus
02-06-2005, 05:41 PM
Speaking from actual experience, it is much better working at Cedar Fair than Disney. While it's more fun things to do at Disney, the work really sucks. While at Cedar Fair I couldn't wait to get to work because it was so much fun. And when you're working 60+ hours a week, with one day off, it's best that work is the fun part. As for Six Flags, I'll be able to give a valid opinion possibly in June.

Carowinds 73-03
02-07-2005, 06:13 PM
Of course i'm going to say Paramount :)

Ta2KX
02-08-2005, 01:54 AM
I'm voting for Cedar Fair because I worked for CP and got to know many of the people behind those rediculously stupid red and blue uniforms. Great character and an outgoing spirit are evident throughout the park.
Six Flags: Zack Cornelius, the dirtiest of all CP food supervisors, and every night he was totally drunk and had the fattest bi*** you could imagine in his bed, yes a product of SIX FLAGS DARIEN LAKE.
Paramount: OK, any ride-op who wants to put down Mean Streak, especially one I remember from the Beast, deserves a beating -- maybe red train 7-2.

Ohhhhh, and as for Disney, ask CeDaRpOiNTzTeR just HOW he managed to jump off the balcony at his work residence at WDW. You'll be thoroughly amused.

Marcus
02-10-2005, 07:06 PM
Hey, don't tell me I won't do something

Ryan F
02-10-2005, 07:48 PM
I'm going to have to say Disney and Universal.
Both parks have friendly employees with great costumes (even in rides), and their employees keep in theme.

Coasterman 20
02-17-2006, 09:08 PM
I will have to say paramount.

Carowinds 73-03
02-17-2006, 09:12 PM
Well since i have only worked for Paramount i will have to say them but i think working for CF would be just as fun if not more. Maybe CF will buy Paramount Parks that way i can can see what it's like to work for CF.

Do you work for PKD?

B&M Junkie
02-17-2006, 09:18 PM
Well, SFMM employees are much better now, so I vote for Six Flags

TopGun2004
02-17-2006, 09:37 PM
im sorry i think this thread is worthless paramount employees will say paramount, six flags will say they are etc. I think each park chains employees have there good and bad qualities.

magnum_man1989
02-17-2006, 10:38 PM
I think Cedar Fair has really nice staff, but I'd pick Universal overall. They really get into their jobs to make everythign more fun. I love that wizard who everyone recieves insults from near DD.

TheKlockster
02-18-2006, 11:05 AM
This thread should be called - which park chain has the most employees that are ThrillNetwork memebers?

medieval
02-18-2006, 11:41 AM
im sorry i think this thread is worthless paramount employees will say paramount, six flags will say they are etc. I think each park chains employees have there good and bad qualities. Thats not all true. Im a SF employee, but I said CF. I only said them because after going to all the parks, they are the nicest of all.

ThunderDan
02-18-2006, 12:47 PM
This is a weird one.

I don't think Disney employees can be compared. SF, CF and Paramount employees work mostly outdoors in the heat, cold, rain and even snow. They balance flat rides and check harnesses in a variety of weather conditions. Though some Disney employees walk converyor belts like lab rats, most work in climate controlled buildings pointing to which car to load.

Paramount and CF employees are pretty balanced. I haven't seen anything bad or anything that really stuck out that was great. Six Flags parks are bipolar with crews. I've seen some fooling around, some lack luster crews and some very professional, expedient and entertaining crews.

For examplle at the home park, some great SFGAdv Coaster Crews IMHO in recent memory have been:

Medusa (1999, 2001, 2002, 2004)
Rolling Thunder (1999 thru 2003)
Batman (1993 thru 1999, 2002 thru 2004)
GASM (1999, 2002 thru 2005)

Some bad ones in my recent memory have been:

Medusa (2000, 2003, 2005)
Rolling Thunder (2004, 2005)
Batman (2000 & 2001, 2005)
GASM (2000, 2001)

Raptor
02-18-2006, 12:59 PM
Based on experience, and working for Disney and Cedar Fair:

Disney > Cedar Fair > Universal > Paramount > Six Flags

JamMasterJ
02-22-2006, 06:40 PM
Busch has the best, we rule:p ! We're the nicest and the most helpful (sorry to the rest of y'all at other places, I'm just a bit biased).:cool:

Sandy W
02-23-2006, 07:51 AM
I have had good and bad experiences in all CP, Paramount and SF parks. From a a Guest stand point Disney was very polite. From an emplyee standpoint Paramount employees were very friendly for the most part. Always a few bad apples anywheres. It depends on the area supervisor what the crew will act like in some respects. Even if you are having not the best of days to still smile and let the guests know they are special. This said its much easier to do from my standpoint if the ride op, foods, games, environmental, and so forth have a good boss. Since capacity is so driven to move, move, move in a lot of big theme parks. The one on one factor being able to really greet folks gets tossed out the window somewhat. It boils down to self your manners and also if you are treated good you will pass that along to the guests.

GiantWheel_SFKK
02-23-2006, 10:39 AM
This is a good example of how big exciting rides can really blind a person's vision of true employee service. I was very displeased with my experience at Cedar Point last year, mainly because of the poor customer service I've experienced. I've never experienced Disney employees, but I'm sure from what I've heard they should really be on the top. I'd have paramount and six flags above Cedar Fairs. But thats just me.