PDA

View Full Version : PCW job fair....?

pipesdrums
02-14-2005, 03:01 PM
I have a few questions for anyone who has applied or been hired by PCW.

I just applied for 3 positions on pcw's website, I am wondering, will they call me or anything? Or should I goto the job fair? Or both?

Reason why I ask is it has almost been a week (I know not long, I am just really in the need of work and have other jobs available) since I sent my application in and I havn't recieved any information or anything and it is going to be tricky for me to get to Vaughan on the days of the job fair.

Coaster Freak
02-14-2005, 03:26 PM
In my opinion, I would say go to the job fair. It is the easiest way of doing it....otherwise, like you have already been doing, you will have to wait for them to call you. Obviously, if you go to the job fair and do get something, you would have to tell them this if they happen to call you for something else you applied for. Also, what you could do is call the Human Resources office and ask them what to do...and that might expidite their review of your application.

BTW, if you're questioning my thoughts, I did work in PCWs HR office back in 98 & 99 when the hiring was going on.

pipesdrums
02-14-2005, 03:37 PM
True, true. I guess I will just wait until end of this week to see if they call and if not I will call the HR department and ask about it.

Also I'm wondering, what is the pay like at pcw? I applied for ride maitenance and two of the electrical jobs incase that makes any difference.

dilbert
02-14-2005, 08:06 PM
Pipedrums, I think you are looking at $10/hr tops. $9/hr is probably more like it.

pipesdrums
02-14-2005, 10:16 PM
Oh ok, better than what I thought it would be lol

pipesdrums
02-18-2005, 03:27 PM
Just thought I should update this incase anyone else is applying and had the same questions.

I phoned the human resource department today and they said that the job fair is only for positions like ride ops, food vendors and part time jobs like those.

They also said that it could be up to 2-3 more weeks until I get a response from the maintenance department because they havenít reviewed all of the applications and have not set up any interviews yet.

Pcw
02-19-2005, 12:01 AM
I think I'll be aplying next year...if I can find a ride(to the park) and if this rule applies still...

3. What happens if I submit an application and I am currently 14 years of age but will be turning 15 before September 2004?

Human Resources will put your application on hold until you turn 15 years of age. You may be contacted at that time ONLY if positions are still available.

Also, for the online job descriptions, ones without any age mentioned is 15 years and up?

pipesdrums
02-19-2005, 12:19 AM
Some are 18+ just because of what the job responsibilites are. I noticed that not all the jobs have the ages listed in the description.
A 15 year old would probably be hired as a food vendor or something minor like that.