PDA

View Full Version : Are any of your rides Haunted???

PGH_Steeler
02-16-2005, 07:51 PM
I'm only saying this because i remember something happened in kiddieland that made some of us think a ride was haunted. i mean there is probably a logical explanation for it, we just wanted to have fun with it though. The only reason why we thought this is because on the elephant ride, kids have to pull back the lever to make theirs go up in the air. well one day i was running the ride by my self and i noticed that an elephant was in the air but the funny thing is, there was no kid in the seat. i was wondering to myself how was this happening. It didn't happen all the time just sometimes the elephant would just go up and come back down then go up again and stay there. That was kind of weird. Then i told someone and they saw it happen too so i wasn't going crazy. To this day, i still don't know what was wrong with that elephant. And the lever was not stuck in the pulled back position either. Just though i'd ask yall if yall had weird experiences like that. HOLLA!!!

Sandy W
02-16-2005, 08:39 PM
Are you sure someone did not just test run the ride. When I do a hellicopter or Red Baron or whatever. I put the seatbelt around the lever to test the hydraulics. Although I have seen them stuck before. Talk about haunted I know its not but. I was working late one night at Lake Compounce. That year 92 it had been closed but I was one of the volunteers who worked a weekend to keep its continuous operation statis sorry but i kind if had to say all that to explain while I was rides there for several years that night I was cleaning the ladies room. Now mind you the park had not been open all year. It was full of leaves. I was cleaning away. I did not notice the time. It was all a sudden quiet. I stuck my head out and nobody was there all the lights were off. I was entirely alone but for security up at the front gate. It was really spooky. I made my way out things clanged and rustled in the wind. It did indeed felt haunted. Now I had a ride haunted by stink yes. One night at Riverside. I was at the kiddie carousel and a skunk went under. Guests came I had no choice but to run it and Mr skunk was not too happy about it. That ride was haunted by stink the rest of the night.

PGH_Steeler
02-17-2005, 11:32 AM
no no one was testing it, i was there by my self and it wasn't a busy dau so kids whould just go to the closest elephant and that one happened to be on the other side and when i would walk around to check seat belts and put kids in, there was no one in it and when there is no one in the elephant, i just leave the belt on the seat. it wasn't not hooked to the lever or anything. it just went up in the air by its self. kind of weird.

Sandy W
02-17-2005, 11:57 AM
Now that would be kind of weird.

Scottywood
02-17-2005, 04:16 PM
Are those by any chance the FLying Elephants at Lake Compounce? Cause I've worked them and half of those handles are broken in some way. Probally just wiring or something worn down from kids slamming down repeatedly while riding. Then again if it is Lake COmpounce there is a higher probabilty of it being a ghost, I mean the park itself is probally haunted by something, how else can you explain some stuff there.

PGH_Steeler
02-17-2005, 04:24 PM
Are those by any chance the FLying Elephants at Lake Compounce? Cause I've worked them and half of those handles are broken in some way. Probally just wiring or something worn down from kids slamming down repeatedly while riding. Then again if it is Lake COmpounce there is a higher probabilty of it being a ghost, I mean the park itself is probally haunted by something, how else can you explain some stuff there.

they are probably the same elephants except its at kennywood not at the Lake.

dzmatt
02-28-2005, 09:53 PM
Most kiddie rides like that are designed so that they go up and down even if no one is using the handle. It's so that kids who don't know how to use the handle (or whatever you use to make it go up and down) will still get the opportunity to enjoy the ride.

PGH_Steeler
02-28-2005, 10:07 PM
Most kiddie rides like that are designed so that they go up and down even if no one is using the handle. It's so that kids who don't know how to use the handle (or whatever you use to make it go up and down) will still get the opportunity to enjoy the ride.

i know that but, we never had that switch turned on. The automatic lift switch was always off. If the kid don't know then oh well. And it could be a bad thing if it was on because some kids don't like to be in the air. I've seen a lot of kids flip out when their older brother or sister made the elephant go up so having that switch off is a good thing. There was just something wrong with that elephant.

FlimflamShwansn
02-28-2005, 10:55 PM
i know that but, we never had that switch turned on. The automatic lift switch was always off. If the kid don't know then oh well. And it could be a bad thing if it was on because some kids don't like to be in the air. I've seen a lot of kids flip out when their older brother or sister made the elephant go up so having that switch off is a good thing. There was just something wrong with that elephant.

Quite often the spring in the handle breaks, and the lever falls, hitting the button. Sorry to burst your supernatural bubble :-P

PGH_Steeler
03-01-2005, 12:18 PM
Quite often the spring in the handle breaks, and the lever falls, hitting the button. Sorry to burst your supernatural bubble :-P

you didn't burst my bubble, i still think it's "haunted".