PDA

View Full Version : Update meh!

DyingDutchman
02-24-2005, 11:26 PM
Hey...not sure if any of u remember me, bc i left before a lot of you probably signed up but ive been totally out of the coaster scene for a long time...last I was here, they were just announcing Knott's Berry Farms new coaster, xcelr8or or whatever the hell they managed to end up naming it. As that tells you, I missed a lot! So anyone care to update me on the important new coasters etc. that have come about since i was last here like 2 or 3 years ago?

coasterking11
02-24-2005, 11:36 PM
Knotts now has a new coaster Silver Bullet witch is a b&m invert. Sf GADV is getting kingda ka the tallest and fastest in the world and Dorney park is getting a floorless and BGT is getting a dive coaster.

slipknot8527
02-25-2005, 12:33 AM
Oh, and all the cool members are permaband.

coasterlove
02-25-2005, 02:42 AM
In 2003, Top Thrill Dragster opened at Cedar Point. It was the tallest and fastest coaster at 120mph and 420ft tall. The record will go to Kingda Ka which opens this year at SFGAd. It will staand at 456ft tall and 128mph. They're both hydraulic launch coasters similar to Xcelerat which you're familiar with. As already said, BGT will be getting the first Dive Machince in the US. A little bit about parks. Six Flags Worlds of Adventure was bought by Cedar Fair and renamed Geauga Lake. They no longer use the Seaworld side and are getting a big water park expansion. SFGAm is also getting a major waterpark expansion.

On the site, over the last year there were a lot of political arguements with the election of course. And a lot of the same usual stuff.

Homer
02-25-2005, 06:45 AM
Also, Intamin has a poor safety record after a man got ejected out of his seat since his restraint popped open on Six Flags New England's Superman: Ride of Steel. All of the Ride of Steel clones got ankle restraints.

Skye
02-25-2005, 08:59 AM

no i'm still here.

Raptor
02-25-2005, 02:12 PM
Improper usage of the word "meh"

medieval
02-25-2005, 02:25 PM
You should look in the 2005 construction thread. It has alot.
And yes, Kingda Ka is currently the tallest coaster, but TTD is still the fastest.
Their is alot that has happened, including SFGadv. Their doing so much this year.

coasterlove
02-26-2005, 12:20 AM
Also, Intamin has a poor safety record after a man got ejected out of his seat since his restraint popped open on Six Flags New England's Superman: Ride of Steel. All of the Ride of Steel clones got ankle restraints.

Actually the restraint didn't pop up nor did the seatbelt have any problems. What happened was the staff working the ride didn't properly check to see that the passenger Stanley Modarsky was fastened in correctly. Also, he had cerebral pulsy which made matters worse on top of his large size.

Cuddy
02-26-2005, 12:30 AM
Dutchman of the dying breed...so great to have you back. Since you are kind of intro-ing yourself, I moved this to town square where a lot of us will see and post. Remember me, CedarPoint_Mark? I've turned to the darkside. Or so some would think.

its great to get these long-lost members back. Now if we could get Dekalb to come back a bit more...or even Honan.

sfft_2108
03-05-2005, 04:06 PM
Welcome back dude. I think I remember you s/n but I don't remember you personally.

Carowinds 73-03
03-05-2005, 08:23 PM
Welcome back. Good to see more old memebers returning.

bk2004
03-05-2005, 09:24 PM
Welcome back again. Enjoy TN as you will notice it has changed a lot.

Also, why did you leave?

Wes
03-06-2005, 11:47 AM

I thought you were the only cool member ;)

And I remember your name at least DD. I used to be bgwfreak before I joined the staff (or the darkside as Andrew P said). Resistance is futile after all.

Pretty much nothing special has happened in the coasters except for TTD and then Kingda Ka beating it by 30 feet and all the CP fanboys crying about it. lol

Carowinds got the old Stealth from PGA so you had everyone getting sick of us Carowinds fanboys talking about it to death. Which resulted in the hillarious thing of Get Wolfinated (instead of assmilated) and all the newbies were like OH NOESSS!! Big Bad Wolf fell into the rhyne river!!!!

Hmmm besides that nothing else, just the same old rumors.

Oh and by the way The Moon does not exist and there are snakes living under S:UF at SFOG.