PDA

View Full Version : favorite waterpark

slnewbus
03-14-2005, 06:51 PM
Ok, please state all or some of the following.

Best Stand Alone waterpark (best waterpark with it's own admission charge whether its alongside an amusement park or not, for example, one of the hurricane harbors or Soak cities, or an independent park like camelbeach)

Best Waterpark included with admission to an amusement park. (for example Wildwater Kingdom, or oceans of fun)

Best Indoor Waterpark

Best Overall Waterpark

Jerry S
03-14-2005, 06:54 PM
Best standalone waterpark is Splish Splash in Riverhead which is at the end of Long Island.

Best included park in admission to them park is the only one I've been too. Water Works at PKD.

Best Overall is Splish Splash.

sfft_2108
03-14-2005, 07:00 PM
Best Stand Alone waterpark-Schlitterbahn

Best Waterpark included with admission to an amusement park- I've only been to one and that is SFFT one

Best Indoor Waterpark- Haven't been to one

Best Overall Waterpark-Schlitterbahn. Schlitterbahn is the best. With the Master Blaster and everyone. It is the best Waterpark ever.

slnewbus
03-14-2005, 07:04 PM
Best standalone Camelbeach at camelback ski area in the poconos (tannersville, pa). This water park is awesome. The views are great. The grounds are beautiful. The slides are really good too.

Best included would be Wildwater Kingdom for me. The slides are great, the crowds are usually light.

I've been to one indoor water park, not really much of one, at circle m outdoor world camping resort in Lancaster, Pa. So I guess that is my favorite.

Best overall is a tough call. I love both camelbeach and wildwater kingdom. The fact that wildwater kingdom in addition to the waterpark, is that there are 3 top notch water rides right by it in dp, which gives wwk a slight edge for me.

Carowinds 73-03
03-14-2005, 08:28 PM
Best stand alone waterpark for me would be Wet 'N' Wild Greesboro.

Only one i have really been to. Unless your count the old water park & PTL but thats closed.

2nd i'm going to have to say Water Works @ Carowinds only because it's the only water park i have been to at a theme park.

coasetrphil
03-14-2005, 09:37 PM
Best standalone I've been to is without a doubt Noah's Ark in the Wisconsin Dells. My favorite indoor park in the one at the Great Wolf Lodge in the Dells, but Kalahari definitely looks to be the best.

BatwingFan SFA
03-14-2005, 09:39 PM
Best stand alone for me:Splashdown waterpark in Manassas)right down the road from me).

Best in park:a toss up between PKD's Waterworks & SFA's Hurricane Harbor.

Now I'm not a really big waterpark fan but based on appearance I'd say HH is shaping up to offer the best of the three in the area.

MilhouseTheKing
03-18-2005, 03:57 PM
Im not a big waterpark person, the only one ive been to in the last 5 years is the waterpark in Michigans Adventure which was pretty nice. I dont have much to compare it to though.

Bencerisback
03-18-2005, 05:17 PM
1 - Blizzard Beach
2 - Wet N Wild (orlando)
3 - Typhoon Lagoon
4 - Oceans of Fun
5 - White Water (Branson)

least favorite is river country (i think thats the disney one that closed down a few years ago, if not then the disney one im talking about is my least favorite)

Ryan F
03-19-2005, 01:29 PM
Typhoon Lagoon

GForce
03-20-2005, 04:59 PM
Schlitterbahn is hands-down the best one I've been to.

The water parks inside Six Flags are pretty cool too. I was too much of a sissy to slide down that 100-foot drop @ SFAstroworld, mainly because I was scared to death to lose a piece of my bikini - now that would suck.

ThunderDan
03-20-2005, 07:33 PM
Best Stand Alone Waterpark: Wet n' Wild Orlando

Best inclusive waterpark: Hurricane Harbor New England

Best slnwebus snuck in another Dorney Park rulez, Great Advenure suckerz thread: This one

Bencerisback
04-08-2005, 09:11 PM
well i went to great wolf lodge in KC yesterday and was somewhat disapointed. i thoguht it would have been much bigger from what i heard about great bear lodge in ohio. it was fun though, i really liked the green slide with unexpected bumps n what not. i lliked playing tricks on peo9ple in the treehouse too

7/10 for lack of slides and activities

by no means my favorite

jman8934
04-11-2005, 09:33 PM
I must say the only waterparks i've been to are Water Country USA, Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon(which i don't remember), and Wet 'n' Wild.

From what i hear around the world...Schlitter(w/e it is) is the best.

Out of the ones above i'd say Blizzard Beach is the Best, Then depending on weither or not you like theming...

-Wet 'n' Wild for rides

-Water Country for theme

I love DW
09-03-2006, 10:37 PM
Here are my top five water parks and the only five I have visited:

1. Dollywood's Splash Country (Pigeon Forge, TN) 10/10
2. Blizzard Beach (Orlando, FL) 9.8/10
3. Typhoon Lagoon (Orlando, FL) 9/10
4. Splashin' Safari (Santa Claus, IN) 7.5/10
5. Six Flags Hurricane Harbor (St. Louis) 7/10

divster
09-07-2006, 05:13 PM