PDA

View Full Version : "Galaxy Spin"-- Zamperla Spinning Mouse for Cypress Gardens

Homer
03-15-2005, 06:49 AM
Confirmed:
http://www.polkonline.com/stories/022305/communitynews_visitors.shtml

Although the ride area is able to meet capacity, Buescher revealed Tuesday plans to add a new roller coaster to Cypress Gardens. Galaxy Spin will join the fleet of coasters this May. The ride is a spinning coaster with a UFO theme. The ride "cars" are now being customed designed.

This coaster would be similar to Ragin' Cajun at SFGAm.

Wes
03-15-2005, 08:15 AM
Wow 5 coasters in 2 years. Quite an acheivement.

I'm looking forward to visiting this park some time.

sfft_2108
03-15-2005, 10:00 AM
Lucky. I want a spinning mouse coaster. lol. Thats pretty good to get 5 coasters in 2 years.

Bencerisback
03-15-2005, 05:16 PM
thats like as many caosters as bgt has, if u count gwazi as one and dont count sheikra

spinning mouse will go great, if its like spinning dragons that is, please dont give us some proimeval whirl crap!

Homer
03-15-2005, 05:42 PM
^Chances are, it will be more like Primevial Whirl, but a bit more intense.

bk2004
03-15-2005, 05:55 PM
Oh, this is cool. Though, the UFO theming sounds a little, eh. Whenever I hear of a theming like this, I think of a cheesy theme at a fair.

Too bad it's not one of those newer extreme kinda spinning mouse. Like the Mr. Six coaster. Those look awesome. These are fun though too. I've ridden one at a fair before and they are fun. Glad to see this park so sucessfull!

James
03-15-2005, 06:58 PM
^Chances are, it will be more like Primevial Whirl, but a bit more intense.
Yeah it would be a clone.. Because Zamp owns the rev. spinners..
But how would it be more intense? (unless disney trims it to death)

Bencerisback
03-15-2005, 08:28 PM
traditional mouses/spinning mouses SUCK, theyre fun to an extent and i thought spinning dragons (think its the same as mr six) was great, especially when you have two super fat people on one side and two smaller people on the other (or nobody on one side, and two on the other), you spin SO fast