PDA

View Full Version : Uniform Post...

PGH_Steeler
04-16-2005, 04:20 PM
Ok i wanted to make a new post about uniforms. I'm bored thats why and i'm tired of seein the same threads lol. N-E-Wayz, What do your parks uniforms look like? i know most parks are the same. We got new uniforms at KW. I'm so happy they changed the uniforms cause they had those old uniforms since before i was born. Instead of Polo's we got T-Shirts. The t-shirts say Kennywood at the top then in the middle there is a pic of a coaster and then at the bottom it says Rides and the rides shirts are red. I don't know how the other departments uni's are i just know what the ride uniforms look like. Oh and Blue shorts as usual. I love our KW sweat suits too. I'll put some pics up of them some time.

Oh and do yall gotta pay for yours, every year we gotta buy new ones. I don't like that rule. It was so expensive this year cause i got some extra stuff like a jacked and sweat suit.

TopGun2004
04-16-2005, 06:09 PM
At about all the paramount parks associates have blue shirts with stars across the collars and stars across the edge of sleeve and team leaders are white shirts with stars across the collar and on the left sleeve it says Paramount Parks. We have cargo pants and or cargo shorts and we have to pay for ares every year.

Ta2KX
04-16-2005, 10:32 PM
I was a ride host at Cedar Point. The red polo shirts with blue section, the impossibly short blue shorts that just didnt fit, and a belt of my choice. Put that tag on the left side of your collar, put the cornerstone pin in the right, and then put on that smile, you'll need it if you're working an O-C.

Carowinds 73-03
04-17-2005, 06:13 AM
I do like the Paramount uniforms alot more than i did in years past. The only difference is that the people worjking in the new Nick Central their uniform is the cargo pants and an orange polo shirt with the Nick Central logo on the chest.

slnewbus
04-17-2005, 10:52 AM
at dp they have reno 911 khaki shorts, and a polo shirt, with your name tag, (must wear white sneakers and be clean shaven). some jobs require a hat as well. In the waterpark it's a blue swimsuit and a polo shirt.

sirius_kid
04-17-2005, 11:16 AM
at dp they have reno 911 khaki shorts, and a polo shirt, with your name tag, (must wear white sneakers and be clean shaven). some jobs require a hat as well. In the waterpark it's a blue swimsuit and a polo shirt.

WOW! white shoes a must? Thats crazy at Paramount Parks they just say dont wear boots. I dont agree on the hat because not all people look good in hats

slnewbus
04-17-2005, 11:39 AM
^They don't have to be completely white, just mostly white (sneakers).

PGH_Steeler
04-17-2005, 03:26 PM
at KW they gotta be mostly white. And the guys gotta shave too lol. i think that is so funny.

Vic_SFKK
04-17-2005, 09:45 PM
WOW! white shoes a must? Thats crazy at Paramount Parks they just say dont wear boots. I dont agree on the hat because not all people look good in hats

at SFKK they have to be ALL white or ALL black, no more mostly.. but in the operations department (rides, park servivces, Grounds..) we have to wear all black... from the manager down to the team members.. all in the same dress code

Carowinds 73-03
04-17-2005, 10:12 PM
You have the chioce to wear a hat at Carowinds. It's not required.
As for shoes they can be white or black but no they can't be boots.

Marc
04-18-2005, 12:55 AM
I was a ride host at Cedar Point. The red polo shirts with blue section, the impossibly short blue shorts that just didnt fit, and a belt of my choice. Put that tag on the left side of your collar, put the cornerstone pin in the right, and then put on that smile, you'll need it if you're working an O-C.

I hate those blue shorts... ugh...

Gotta love the O-C olympic events.

phantompenguin
04-19-2005, 12:47 PM
at KW they gotta be mostly white. And the guys gotta shave too lol. i think that is so funny.

Which makes me so mad...I had to lose my goatee I've had for like a year(a real goatee, just the chin hair, not a Van Gogh) and I had to bring my sideburns up too. :mad:

Carowinds 73-03
04-19-2005, 04:35 PM
At Carowinds you are allowed to have a beard or goatee just as long as it developed and your not rtying to grow it while working.

Scottywood
04-19-2005, 07:29 PM
At Lake Compounce we have green polo shirts with blue trim around the arms and collar. Also have khaki shorts, which are so ugly, but we have the option to wear khaki pants (no cargos). White or black shoes, a belt of your choice, an optional hat, natural color hair and only facial hair that you already have. Sunglasses are optional, but they can't be reflective.

Assitant Coaches have a new uniform this year which is going to be blue and have kakhi trim...not comepletly sure though since they haven't come in yet.

Coaches have blue dress shirts that have the lake compounce logo on them and have to wear pants (or a skirt for women) just like ACs.

Carowinds 73-03
04-19-2005, 07:37 PM
Here's something funny. This is the first year carowinds is doing cargo pants & shorts but the catch is you are not allowed to put anyhting in the side pockets.

They do look alot nicer though

Cid
04-19-2005, 09:49 PM
I'm really glad that CP has real strict uniform and grooming guidelines policies. The first thing I notcie when I go to other parks is how tacky it looks when every employee has a different shade of khaki (pants) on, and different colored shoes.

Another question related to uniforms. Do other parks have a wardrobe set up like CP. At CP they issue us two uniforms, and we can bring one back any day and exchange it for a new uniform. Usually people stuff their extra in a bookbag and exchange on brake.

DO other parks have a wardrobe dept? You guys have to do your own laundry?

Carowinds 73-03
04-20-2005, 05:05 AM
Carowinds use to have a wardrobe dept but got ride of it and now go through Cintas.

PGH_Steeler
04-20-2005, 10:26 AM
i forgot to say that we don't have to wear the blue kahki shorts if we don't want to. We can wear the blue kennywood sweat pants. I know some boys never liked the shorts cause they were too short so they wore the sweat pants for most of the summer. So some people wear the shorts and some wear the pants. The sweat pants are extra. The only thing KW makes us buy are 3 shorts and 3 shirts. Everything else we can buy if we want. This year they are makin us buy a KW water bottle. It was only a dollar. I think that is so dumb. I guess they don't want little plastic cups sittin around any more.

Carowinds 73-03
04-20-2005, 01:07 PM
Sweatpants durring the summer????? You guys must be hot.

I have never heard of a park allowing sweatpants.

PGH_Steeler
04-20-2005, 01:46 PM
here in pittsburgh, it's not always Hot in the summer. Some days its hot some days it's kinda chilli out. Like when it rains for instance. And it's not like they are our own personal sweat pants from home, they have to be KW sweat suits. And the sweat pants really ain't as bad as you think it is. In the beginning of the season i wore my sweat pants a lot and wasn't hot. After a while i got tired of wearin them so i switched to my shorts. It all depends on the weather. If it is a rainy day, i'll wear the sweat pants. We also have sweat shirts we can wear too if you wanted to. The sweats suits are soooo comfortable. there's sweats shirts with hoods and ones w/o hoods. I got one with a hood. I can fall asleep wearing it. I also bought a KW jacket. I have no idea if i will ever wear it. I'll probably wear it when i don't have my sweat suit on, if it's a little cold out.

Here is a pic. The sweat pants aren't that bad. Oh these are the old shirts as you can see. We got t-shirts this summer.

http://www.geocities.com/lostkwpics/lkwgroup2001pf.jpg

phantompenguin
04-21-2005, 06:36 PM
I bought a pair of the sweats but I really don't expect to wear them much. I'm generally a hot person but I bought them just in case.

Pittsburgh isn't the warmest of climates but it's still usually way too hot for me to even think about wearing sweats.

PGH_Steeler
04-21-2005, 07:30 PM
I bought a pair of the sweats but I really don't expect to wear them much. I'm generally a hot person but I bought them just in case.

Pittsburgh isn't the warmest of climates but it's still usually way too hot for me to even think about wearing sweats.

well i hope you like the rain, cause remember k-land don't got no shelter. All they give you are those umbrellas to sit under and those really don't work very well.

RidesKid133
04-28-2005, 07:15 PM
At Clementon Park, we have to wear Black Pants or Shorts. (Usually something like Dickies). We have to wear black or white shoes, and we get a shirt. (Which we should be ordering pretty soon) They say we should give it back at the end of the day, but I don't think I'm going to do that when the season starts..lol

sirius_kid
04-29-2005, 08:14 AM
I'm really glad that CP has real strict uniform and grooming guidelines policies. The first thing I notcie when I go to other parks is how tacky it looks when every employee has a different shade of khaki (pants) on, and different colored shoes.

Another question related to uniforms. Do other parks have a wardrobe set up like CP. At CP they issue us two uniforms, and we can bring one back any day and exchange it for a new uniform. Usually people stuff their extra in a bookbag and exchange on brake.

LOL thats true different shades of khaki pants and shorts, I think just about every park has employees buy there own pants. Here at (PKD) we buy our own pants and order shirts from Cintas, and for some reason I always buy water proof pants lol

PGH_Steeler
04-29-2005, 09:43 AM
see at KW we buy our uniforms there. They got this room with every uniform, so we don't have to order them or anything. You can pay with cash or get it taken out of your first check. i paid with cash this year. we don't have khaki pants either (well the spervisors do but no the managers and regular employees. Just sweat pants if you want them. i really like the uniforms this year, T-Shirts are way better than polo's most people hated wearin the polo's. They were too hot to me.

willski2002
04-30-2005, 09:38 PM
Blue collar polo-ish shirt and khaki pants/shorts (no cargoes, no baggy shorts) with a gold nametag on the right side here at SFoG. You can wear white shoes or gray shoes.

Tbakmtown2006
05-22-2005, 10:29 PM
I like the Hershey uniforms. I have a teal polo with navy shorts. Normal rides employees have a dark red polo with navy shorts. We have to have white,black,blue shoes with white socks. I never wear white socks, always black. I believe our uniform would look better with khaki shorts but hey what can I do.

We have a wardrode department and if you have a locker they wash your clothes otherwise you get two of each and you do your on laundry.

Carowinds 73-03
05-23-2005, 07:45 AM
I agree. Khaki shorts a Chocolate brown polo's That would look nice imo.

Sheik
05-27-2005, 08:41 PM
Busch Tampa has many diffrent combos...Ride Op in most of the park have varations of jungle prints with black shorts or pants... Then Montu Ops have the Egypt print which lots of people like...I have had offers for it... Then Sheikra which is where im at now has blue or white button down shirts wirh busch logo in tan and african looking print on the collar and sleves then tan short with cargo like pockets that are sown shut...Then we have to be shaved and groomed and what not...Oakleys are a must like any other ride op it just makes us cool...But if we choose to have them we must take them off when conversating with a guest... HR and GR have diffrent looking button down shirts and well its a theme park so there are all kinds of uniforms...Supervisors wear purple/blue/white button down shirts with busch logos and tan pants...

CoasterJunkie
05-27-2005, 09:37 PM

Disney has a similar system at all the US parks now. In know in Orlando we could have up to 5 complete costumes checked out at once. We also had the choice of cleaning them ourselves or taking them in to be cleaned.

There was a time when no Disney costumes left the parks, and you changed into your costume at work, and changed out when you left. That way no one saw the Frontierland sheriff getting gas at the local 7-11 :D