PDA

View Full Version : Your status

slnewbus
04-20-2005, 04:14 PM
What is your status? (single, dating, married....that kinda thing).

coasterlove
04-20-2005, 04:30 PM
Why....are you offering???

You gotta buy me dinner first.

Carowinds 73-03
04-20-2005, 04:40 PM
Sadly i'm single now :(

Riddler156
04-20-2005, 04:45 PM
I'm single and I hate it!:mad: I like the ladies, but the ladies don't like me...

Chip
04-20-2005, 04:51 PM
You guys are going to make front-page news on ARN&R, you know.

coasterdude28
04-20-2005, 05:43 PM
odd and random topic. But it would have been good for Thrilldate. lol

Steven
04-20-2005, 06:41 PM
This topic makes me laugh because it seems like it will just end up into a whinefest about being single.

Maybe a little word of advice guys, you have to be able sell yourself. Being a coaster or thrill ride enthusiast isn't going to cut it. Plus, if you're in high school, you're better off waiting til college because it's a lot better, that and it's not as awkward. Also, if you can present yourself as who you are and not someone who's more or less, you have a better chance in the long run. Just don't become obsessive about it because that isn't attractive at all.

As far as myself goes, I have no problem getting dates, and I've been on several in the past couple of months. I'm single, but it's nice because I'm not rushing into anything, and I can find what works and what doesn't. Plus, there are times I like to be myself, and in a relationship you do kinda lose that.

RamblinWreck
04-20-2005, 06:52 PM
You guys are going to make front-page news on ARN&R, you know.

Haha, yea, sounds like a headliner :)

Fortunately, I have been with the same woman for four years. Once I get out, then we will probably get married. Yaaay for not being a single enthusiast! :)

hulkrider04
04-20-2005, 06:59 PM
I prefer to just play the field.

Martin
04-20-2005, 06:59 PM
<~*Single*~>
But, hey there are a lot of fish in the sea.

pearlsea
04-20-2005, 08:24 PM
bleh, im 15 and single :( . oh well, whatcha going to do.

Aaron
04-20-2005, 11:28 PM
Dating, and been dating the same person since October of 2000. She's been a friend of mine ever since third grade. I couldn't be happier with the whole situation. :D

Kyle L
04-21-2005, 01:10 AM
I'm single. Having a girlfriend to me seems like a bit of overkill for what I am doing right now. I have tons of good friends who happen to be women that I like to hang around a lot, but dating seems like sort of a big commitment to me. Seeing as I am trying to excercise a lot more, get in work hours, and manage school, having a girlfriend on top of all that seems a bit overkill.

Right now I have a date to the prom. I'm not sure what sort of relationship will come out of that, but I'll just take things one step at a time. Having a girlfriend to me seems like a great experience, and I really like the person I am going with. She likes me back as well....as I said before, I'll see how things play out.

Brian F
04-21-2005, 02:21 AM
Married to the coolest woman in the world. She's cute, suports all of my hobbies, is just plain fun to be around, and yeah- she loves coasters, too.

One present she gave me for Christmas was to get us a couples membership to ACE.

I told you she was cool!

CoasterDJ
04-21-2005, 02:50 AM
I am single, but hopefully not for too much longer. I wont get into the only regret I have with being single, but I never give up. And that is definitely key for me.

coasterlove
04-21-2005, 03:11 AM
I wont get into the only regret I have with being single

What regret? Raging biceps and forearm muscles? ;)

You should see me. I'm the Illinois Arm Wrestling Champion.....think about that one for a while.

slnewbus
04-21-2005, 04:24 AM
I'm 17, single, and its not looking good. I had my first two girlfriends in the past like 2 months. 2 bad letdowns. The first one lied about her age. :( Then the one I hooked up with afterwards is a slut. :( I've gotten pretty tired of this, I thought I was finally doing good. It is pretty depressing.

Ryan F
04-21-2005, 07:29 AM
Dude, you're 17. What else did you expect at that age? Just about all girls will do anything to get a boyfriend, weather its lie about their age or "dive right in" with most guys.

Why does everyone think that being in a relationship is the cool thing to do? It's not, it's something you do when you find that special person that you actually care for, and that cares for you back. If you're going to get into one dont do it cause everyone else is.

RllrCoasterFan
04-21-2005, 12:41 PM
Almost 16 and single with an on and off relationship with a girl on my bus....Lol :D

Erik Leppen
04-21-2005, 12:57 PM
Why not a poll on this one? :) And I'm single.

Jimmy B
04-21-2005, 03:09 PM
I believe I have discussed this on another earlier thread that I'm single and still enjoying life. I haven't dated anyone yet; I am still reserving my first date for that special someone I'm patiently waiting for.

And I also said that marriage is not really a concern for me....at least not yet. I'm not sure I see myself being a "family" person; I am currently enjoying living in an apartment with my two great roommate friends. And I'm also enjoying working on my primary interest, meteorology. Basically, I'm happy with my life so far and I wouldn't want to change anything right now.

RLLrCoastrLover
04-21-2005, 03:16 PM
Almost 16 and single with an on and off relationship with a girl on my bus....Lol :D

LoL. Single, Loving it.

Raptor
04-21-2005, 05:29 PM
I'm 19, single. I'm always open and looking for girls I might want to take interest in, but every single time, the ones I would actually want to date (and often express interest in me - "if I were single, I'd go out with you!") are already taken. That happens, pretty much, without fail. So it's not that I can't get a girl. I'm just not one to just date someone just for the sake of being in a relationship. I see people in completely fake relationships all the time and I hate it, and I'd rather be single than do that. So I want a girlfriend, but I've almost stopped caring about it since it doesn't seem like I will meet a girl anytime soon.

...and that's my "status".

beltzies64
04-21-2005, 05:31 PM
Single, but if I stay that way for much longer I just may go crazy...

ErioL
04-21-2005, 05:35 PM
Single...I'm still waiting for Ms. Right :P

RamblinWreck
04-21-2005, 05:43 PM
Right now I have a date to the prom. I'm not sure what sort of relationship will come out of that, but I'll just take things one step at a time.

Hey, you never know. I've been with the same girl for a long time, and it started as a date for prom and a few months later things evolved and here I am 22 years old and still with her, and things couldn't be better :)

I agree with WildeFyre, don't do it "just to be cool". Perhaps thats why I've only been with a few people, ya gotta be careful with people nowadays.....

phantompenguin
04-21-2005, 06:33 PM
Single.

As a general rule I loathe high school girls so the odds of that changing soon is unlikely.

leeloo1953
04-23-2005, 09:44 AM
Married, for quite some time now. But it took until my early 30's to find the right one. So, don't be in a rush about it, if it's meant to happen it will.

I'm very happy to be done with the dating scene however, that can be quite frustrating at times, especially during the school years.

Wes
04-23-2005, 09:57 AM
Single and looking, but not like desperate or anything.

So many people are like... if I don't get married I'll be miserable.

Well look at all the married people that are miserable because they married the wrong person.

I wasn't really ready to date until the past few years because I really wasn't happy with myself up to that point.

Now that I can enjoy being me, I think I'm ready to start dating/looking again.

Oh and leeloo, I guess by your post I'm ready too ;) I just turned 33.

leeloo1953
04-23-2005, 10:23 AM
Yep, it could happen anytime now Wes! Our best friends, who are in their early 40's have 3 kids, all out of high school, but all still living at home. They'll ask us to do something and we have to say no, because we have pick up April after drama rehersal and such. They keep telling us at our age our kids should be grown up by now, so at our ages we should be free to do what we want. Why did we wait so long to have kids. Funny thing is, we didn't wait to have kids. My first was born 1 year after we married, because we both had had our fun and were ready to have kids.

The only thing that I see happening, is that when it comes to parks, they both kind of want to just go off by themselves (especially if their boyfriend is along or they want to meet boys, lol), and mom and dad (usually just mom), has to just walk around alone. LOL! But that's ok. I can understand that, and I don't have a problem with it.

Anyway, don't rush to find that special someone, don't look for that special someone, that special someone will just show up, if you're meant to find that special someone.

FLCC Josh
04-23-2005, 10:59 AM
Single and loving it! Livin' La Vida Bachelor!

Wes
04-23-2005, 03:06 PM
leeloo...

I've looked at my friends that got married at 19 after high school, half of them are divorced, quarter of the rest of them are miserable because they hate their spouse.

It's not something that you run litely into IMO.

I'm sure people think I'm old-fashioned, but I believe marriage should be for life, so I'm very picky about who I date and who consider marrying.

A good friend of mine is about my age, but there's a couple things that would drive me crazy if we were married. For one thing she's ALWAYS late and I'm not exageratting. It really get's on my nerves when we are going to a movie or somewhere where you have to be on time.

My phylosophy is that God is big enough to handle finding me the right girl and it will happen in the the right timing.

Brian F
04-24-2005, 12:17 AM
^ Yup. When I finally became satisfied with myself, and decided that I really didn't need a wife. I stopped looking. That's when my wife found me!

She was SOOOOO worth waiting for.

CoasterDJ
04-24-2005, 05:15 AM
What regret? Raging biceps and forearm muscles? ;)

You should see me. I'm the Illinois Arm Wrestling Champion.....think about that one for a while.

Well, I don’t want to bore everyone with my lone regret…because then I could get the world’s smallest violin. OK, seriously, I don’t really recall what I was thinking although I am sure there was something. If it specifically hits me, I will let you know.

But there are things that I want to experience, that at my age, I realize that they may never come to pass (and the loss of ten years of dating experience is nothing but the result of my choices).
There is an awkwardness that makes a 17 year old look like a smooth operator.

Otherwise, I don’t think either one of them was what I was thinking, but they do fit and if it hits me, I will be sure to tell.

Why does everyone think that being in a relationship is the cool thing to do? It's not, it's something you do when you find that special person that you actually care for, and that cares for you back. If you're going to get into one dont do it cause everyone else is.

Someone once told me to live it up as a single person, and stay away from a relationship. I explained it simply as being single was (at the time) the ONLY thing I had (ever) known for 27 years and that while maybe being the relationship IS a headache at times, but that when something is a new experience (such as a relationship if it is brand new, or just something you have not been in in a while), the little headaches are not as noticeable.

I agree with getting into a relationship for the right reasons, but sometimes you just have to, proverbially speaking, get out there and play the game.

… want to take interest in, but every single time, the ones I would actually want to date are already taken. That happens, pretty much, without fail. So it's not that I can't get a girl. …

Ditto, or at least something along those lines for me too.

Married, for quite some time now. But it took until my early 30's to find the right one. So, don't be in a rush about it, if it's meant to happen it will.

At the rate I am going leeloo, if I do EVER get married, it will not be before I am drawing social security!

While I definitely do not want to settle and marry the wrong person, but I also have goals in my life...things that I used to not care much about, but have in time, come around in my life.

slnewbus
12-07-2005, 03:53 PM
I figured I'd bring this back for it was a long time ago. What's your status?

Matt M
12-07-2005, 04:18 PM
I'm married and planning on having kids soon.

Riddler156
12-07-2005, 04:28 PM
Nothing's changed. I'm still single and desperate. lol

Montu Man
12-07-2005, 05:00 PM
I'm married and have seven kids.

Raptor
12-07-2005, 05:07 PM
Haha I'm still single...

thats sad. *cries* :sadface:

MaGnUmKeLly
12-07-2005, 05:34 PM
I am taken by a wounderful guy. We have been together for about 4 years now(give and take a few fights)

slnewbus
12-07-2005, 06:12 PM
I'm single and so tired of being so. I'm pretty desperate. Its a dire situation. I'm 18 and I'm about to give up hope.

slipknot8527
12-07-2005, 06:24 PM
I've been dating a wonderful lgirl for about six months now....we've lived together for a few. We've had a few nasty fight..(who hasn't?) but I can see myself maybe one day marrying her.

Slingshot57
12-07-2005, 06:37 PM
I'm 14 and I'm in 8th grade. I could easily get a girlfriend, but I really don't have the need right now. I'm waiting atleast until highschool.

Ryan F
12-07-2005, 06:39 PM
I've been with my amazing girlfriend for over 8 months now. Had an awesome summer with her (worked together, went to Niagra Falls twice), but now she goes to University 5hrs away from me. We talk on the phone every night and see each other about once a month. I can't wait till Dec 20th and she comes home for Christmas:D

DemonHunter4337
12-07-2005, 07:26 PM
I have been dating an awesome girl for the past 8 months going on 9 and things are great. I am really happy with her. It took me 3 years from the time I broke up with my ex to meet her and I am a lot better off with the girl I am seeing now.

Steven
12-07-2005, 08:36 PM
I'm 26... happily taken. What's funny is she was a TN member in 2001/2002, and was associated with someone at the time who now runs another site (not Putz's site). We've been friends since and have been together as a couple since October of 05.

She still pops in once in a while, but it's been made clear that she's subject to the same rules as everyone else (no special treatment, in other words). She visits on her own free time.

James R
12-07-2005, 08:42 PM
Wait. What was it again?

NSCIGC?

Ha. I could be part of that.

slnewbus
12-07-2005, 08:56 PM
I say that the thrilldate april fools joke should be acted upon. MAKE THRILLDATE PLEASE!!!!!

Riddler156
12-07-2005, 09:22 PM
^There aren't enough girls at this site.

Carowinds 73-03
12-07-2005, 09:23 PM
I'm in a realtionhip now.

joedonuts1011
12-07-2005, 09:31 PM
Happily married since July of 2005. Expecting our first child June 2006. My child will be an enthusiast, even if my wife is not.

Katie
12-07-2005, 09:38 PM
I say that the thrilldate april fools joke should be acted upon. MAKE THRILLDATE PLEASE!!!!!

This girl says "I don't think so!"

Montu Man
12-07-2005, 09:39 PM
I am taken by a wounderful guy. We have been together for about 4 years now(give and take a few fights)

I thought you were banned?

Ah well, time to take the kids to the movies.

slnewbus
12-08-2005, 05:49 PM
This girl says "I don't think so!"

This boy says "ugh!" I rescind my idea to bring thrilldate to life.

MaGnUmKeLly
12-10-2005, 08:17 PM
^There aren't enough girls at this site.

LMAO This is not a dating service.

Montu Man, I was banned for a week or so last year, but that was it.

zaneymon
12-11-2005, 08:57 PM
I'm In a relationship

slnewbus
12-12-2005, 04:12 PM
There aren't enough girls on here. You are so right riddler.

Gemini78
12-12-2005, 05:15 PM
Single just out of a little relationship. I actually kind of prefer not being in a serious relationship because I can still do all the crazy stuff with my friends that my girlfriend didn't really like to know about (usual crazy guy stuff that probably shouldn't be talked about) ;)

Rachel123
12-19-2005, 06:27 PM
I'm been single for a while now!! Not really looking or anything...Just waiting for someone nice to come along!

slipknot8527
12-19-2005, 06:34 PM
Just became single...and am very relieved.

slnewbus
12-19-2005, 06:44 PM
My situation is quite pathetic.

In fact, my situation is quite dire and pathetic. It almost brings me to tears.

Johnny Upsidedown
12-19-2005, 06:44 PM
Single and love it but always looking for a nice lady to date (getting a little lonely). Last relationship crashed and burned so hope to find a nice lady that likes to travel and of coarse loves coasters.

DemonHunter4337
12-19-2005, 07:58 PM
I am so glad my g/f likes Roller Coasters I could'nt count the number of GL/CP trips we made this past summer.

HPStormRunner22
12-19-2005, 08:19 PM
Wow, you really are desperate, slnewbus. Just give it time, you'll find someone soon enough.

As for me I'm single and perfectly happy. I have plenty on girls that are my friends but there is no one that I really like. It pisses me off to see people going out that are just doing it to be cool or so they can say they have a gf/bf. I'd way rather by single then in a fake relationship. Plus I'm free to do a lot more stuff being single.

April_fool_79
12-19-2005, 08:26 PM
Single and loving it. Been screwed over too many times by guys and by roommates, so now it's just me and my puppy. :)

And NO, not that way. Get your minds out of the gutter. ;)

Montu Man
12-19-2005, 09:24 PM
Single just out of a little relationship. I actually kind of prefer not being in a serious relationship because I can still do all the crazy stuff with my friends that my girlfriend didn't really like to know about (usual crazy guy stuff that probably shouldn't be talked about) ;)

I totally agree. There are some things we do that shouldn't be known by the opposite sex or they'll think were sick and belong in a mental hospital.

slipknot8527
12-20-2005, 01:52 AM
Slnewbus...dude, I know you want a g/f so bad...but once you have one for awhile, and you can't hang out with your friends anymore, and all your money goes to her....your mind will quickly change.....enjoy it while you can.

Chip
12-20-2005, 02:23 AM
My situation is quite pathetic.

In fact, my situation is quite dire and pathetic. It almost brings me to tears.Don't get like this. When you're single, you're free. You don't have to raise (or lower) or standards for anyone. You don't have to change who you are. You don't have to impress anyone.

Slnewbus...dude, I know you want a g/f so bad...but once you have one for awhile, and you can't hang out with your friends anymore, and all your money goes to her....your mind will quickly change.....enjoy it while you can.Don't forget that she'll get tired of you. Don't date. Kids, never date. It's just one big disappointment after another.

I'm sort of kidding. My relationships have always shown how stupid I am. The last one was really stupid. I entered it knowing it would end soon, but I did it out of sheer desperation. Looking back on it, I'd much rather be single for 4 1/2 years now than 1 1/3.

Oh well. I've sort of got a prospect. I'm just so afraid that things will turn out terribly that I don't want to try to start anything.

Cephas
04-07-2006, 10:30 PM
Don't date. Kids, never date. It's just one big disappointment after another.

I am getting dumped...literally right now. After two bad runs around the block, I completely agree.

Girls are overrated.

Khartoum
04-08-2006, 01:30 AM
I'm single. I've found that a lot of the ladies I get along with are 3+ years older than me. It sort of sucks but its all right as I don't really want a girlfriend at the moment. I'm busy with school, sport, friends and personal time. I could fit having a girl in there, but I seriously just cant be bothered...unless she is amazing. Otherwise I'll just be lazy as hell and not do anything.

Fastdawg07
04-08-2006, 02:20 AM
I have an awesome girlfriend that i've been in a relationship with for almost 2 years (July 9th). Our youth group took a trip to King's Island and she hated coasters at the beginning of the day. We started off with Face/Off, then SoB. Anyway, later in the day we were in line for Beast. We held hands (i was 14 i remind you) and I asked her out at the top of the Eiffel Tower (no not Paris', even though that would've been cool, lol) So yeah, she's awesome, nuf said.

Bratman
04-08-2006, 07:34 PM
Single and loving it. When the right one comes along, then that will change. Having gotten out of a long distance/long term relationship last year, I am in no hurry and will make sure it is right next time.

Plus, I am literally the envy of all of my married friends. As they say:

I can go wherever I want (theme park trips!!)
I can go when I want.
I am accountable to no one
My money is.....mine!

Wes
04-09-2006, 08:05 PM
^ I totally agree.

I'm like, why should I get married? All my married friends tell me how bad it is. lol

It's kind of hard to find someone it seems in Charlotte, and there are even statistics that prove that.

I've joined match.com, but only to be contacted. I'm waiting to see if anything happens before I go and pay to contact women.

I'm of the opinion that I'm happy with my life, if I get married at some point great, if not I like my life now and I'll continue to be happy.

I would love to raise some coaster enthusiast kids, that would be so much fun. But if not, I can always steal some kids at ACE events. ;) j/k

YoungStud
04-09-2006, 08:37 PM
I admit i am a player. This past friday i went out with 2 different girls that think we have a relationship,lol. But when i got home the next morning i feel so lonely, i want to have a serious gf but i can't find anyone i want to settle for.

Martin
04-09-2006, 09:06 PM
I'm sure they all love your steroids and shrinking sex organs.

Sir Willow
04-10-2006, 12:26 PM
Been married for going on 13 years now, with 2 incredible kids, and wouldn't change a thing. I wouldn't mind having a bit more money, or having my wife a bit more of a coaster enthusiast than she is (she enjoys the parks ok, but puts up with my over fascination), but with everything else that she brings, I'm more than happy to put up with those minor defects. :)

I had a great time being single, but I also love being married.

Wes
04-10-2006, 12:33 PM
LOL!! VekomahangNbang shows that he's married, but he's 14!!!

Hmmm... did they change the laws in Florida?

Bratman
04-10-2006, 06:07 PM
^ I totally agree.

I'm like, why should I get married? All my married friends tell me how bad it is. lol

It's kind of hard to find someone it seems in Charlotte, and there are even statistics that prove that.

I've joined match.com, but only to be contacted. I'm waiting to see if anything happens before I go and pay to contact women.

I'm of the opinion that I'm happy with my life, if I get married at some point great, if not I like my life now and I'll continue to be happy.

I would love to raise some coaster enthusiast kids, that would be so much fun. But if not, I can always steal some kids at ACE events. ;) j/k

Thanks! I agree with you, too. I'd like to raise enthusiast kids, also. Right now I am training my nieces (13 y/o) to be enthusiasts...with great success. Only issue is taking them over the border to American parks, but I have done it on occasion.

I have become more refined in my search for a life partner as I have gotten older....and also less intent on finding one. I have learned to take things a lot easier. Part of that is due to my job. As I am in management, if I were to, say, go out with a staff member, I would pretty much have to let them come to me. That has spilled over into my personal life. I do have a myspace account, and I have met women through there, but I always let them come to me first.

Honestly, I am enjoying life too much right now to really worry about getting married and whatnot. When the right one shows up......then I will know.........

apsterling
04-10-2006, 06:28 PM
I'm single, but I don't need people. I get by on riding coasters

=p

inLINEhkystAr
04-10-2006, 06:41 PM
^ I agree with you ,but i get by, by playing hockey and riding coasters

BGWfanatic
04-10-2006, 06:42 PM
^ and the fact that your 14 :D

w00dland
04-10-2006, 11:52 PM
I've had a bunch of those high school relationships, the longest being a year, but I take those for what they really are (high school girlfriends). Someday I definitely want to get married but I won't be in a rush. I'll just sit down and enjoy the ride.

James
04-11-2006, 12:17 AM
Eh.... I dont talk about stuff like this... But.. yeah im in my first real relationship.... Not been in it to long.. Just over 2 months.

James R
04-11-2006, 02:06 AM
Single, and doing alright.