PDA

View Full Version : Cedar Point Rides in Weather

Zingoman
05-04-2005, 03:41 AM
I am going to start work at CP on the 9th, and I am supposed to run Thunder Canyon. I am wondering from you CP regulars if the park is prone to not run water rides due to cold weather. I know that it is still quite cold up there right now, (in the 50's maybe?) and I want to know if anybody thinks that Thunder Canyon will even run for the first few weeks. What kind of temparatures do they run their water rides in?

Kyle Rehm
05-04-2005, 03:59 AM
Moving to the employee forum....

May 9th's temp is expected to be around 70, so absolutely.

Even still, when I went to Six Flags Great America this weekend it was about 43 and the water rides were open. So even if it gets that cold again, expect the rides to be open. There are one or two people that are bound to go on it.

Gemini78
05-04-2005, 07:35 AM
Last July I was up there on a rainy and cool day, and all of the water rides were open. I saw that SRF had people on it along with WWL. As long as it isnt around freezing the water rides are usually open.

Marc
05-04-2005, 06:32 PM
TC won't be open for Halloweekends, it will be Warewolf Canyon. I don't know if you will be working weekends, I will assme not. When it's cold out, they usually run the water rides.

I process in tomorrow, I will be working on MF.

Zingoman
05-05-2005, 03:06 AM
Lucky dog. I want to run a coaster SO bad. I don't know how I got stuck with goofy Thunder Canyon. I process in on the 9th, so I wont' actually WORK work until the 10th to my understanding. I guess I'll just have to see how it goes. I will onyl be working until Aug 12 because I have to go back to school.

TopThrillDouger
05-30-2005, 12:56 AM
Depending on the day, they could still have it running and die-hard guests will hop in and get drenched...once they get off the ride, they come on down to my porcelain ;).

Douger

Maxamillious
06-01-2005, 04:21 PM
porcelain?