PDA

View Full Version : For Seasoned Veterans of Amusement Parks...

TopThrillDouger
05-13-2005, 04:55 PM
Howdy. :) For those that have worked at the park for more than one season, do you really notice a lot changed other than rides, attractions, etc.? To be more specific, internal changes within the park / company?

To help with the topic, there have been many changes in the way things have operated at the park I have worked at. Everything from breaks to pricing to training & development, it has improved in some ways, less in others. Change is inevitable and in the industry we love, it has its ups and downs. ;)

Douger

Carowinds 73-03
05-13-2005, 09:32 PM
What has not changed at Carowinds this yer.

Addmission, Smokeing policy, Ride height restrictions, wardrobe, trainig, orentation.
I'm sure i'm forgeting a few things.

Some of the things are good but some are just crazy.

PGH_Steeler
05-14-2005, 08:09 PM
yeah we have tons of changes at KW. like when people have an exit pass we use to just let them right on the ride, now they get a card and we have to extimate how long our line is then put a time to come back. I like that rule cause lots of people took advantage of the exit pass. They still do take advantage of it but now they gotta wait. Other things have changed too like no more general admission. There's more changes but i don't feel like typing them all out.

Carowinds 73-03
05-14-2005, 11:56 PM
Thats the same thing Carowinds started this year. We give them a time and they come back. Today we were giving out 1hour 30m times. Line was huge today.

Alpengurl
05-15-2005, 11:43 PM
my number one has to be that busch doesn't do free refills with the most expensive drink.. though after i found that out i felt bad for stressing over $1.50 to refill an almost 24 oz drink

let's see.. we're trying out this new zone training thing (points to the siggy)

we're also doing that exit pass thing with our disabled guests and special cases... it's been pretty popular so far.. enough that people get confused when it's not used (don't ask.. long story)

there seemed to be a lot less signons for non-peak season.. which we thought was kinda weird cuz now that peak season is approaching we are doing a lot of training on the job with the guests there to watch as we explain the ride to the trainees (though a lot of people do ask us about foot peddles and thumbs and such)

zone-wise.. they broke up the park a little better this year.. which didnt' effect me too much anyways

but other than that.. same ole busch

Sheik
05-16-2005, 07:33 PM
My park's year around but it's always changing. Were about to open our new coaster and we are currently changing over uniform styles...

Sir Willow
05-17-2005, 06:40 PM
Gotta admit though that the new uniforms look pretty sharp. I really like the ones that I've seen so far. Much better than the jungle flowers. :)

I'm still not decided on my Rhino Rally uni though.

BTW, gotta introduce yourself to me on Thursday. I'll be at the media shoot on Sheikra too.

Steven
05-17-2005, 07:04 PM
When I was at CP in 2002, it was actually kind of nice. By 2003, I could see the focus about how they seemed anal about many things (putting in autospielers, etc.). It took away some of the fun of working. What didn't help either is that my ATL slept with one of the supervisors (and as a result, she'd be on a power trip), and it took forever for my TL to even get guts about anything. Then, the way my area manager was, I felt I couldn't approach her. In the end, I was friendliest with Woz (then the ride operations manager).

Tbakmtown2006
05-22-2005, 10:20 PM
I havent noticed any big changes at Hershey. We got new uniforms last year and that has been about it.

TopThrillDouger
05-28-2005, 12:39 AM
Hmmm, I guess from what I have seen, the changes at parks can be slow for some and fast and furious for others. I know that change is inevitable but hopefully the best changes are to help the park in the short & long runs.

Douger