PDA

View Full Version : Favorites and Least Favorite Rides

RidesKid133
06-29-2005, 09:22 PM
Out of ALL the rides you know and are trained/certified on, which ones do you like the most, and which ones do you like the least? (Give a list)

Hate:
*Thunderbolt - Hate being an attendant because I hate balancing it. Hate being an op because the Pedal doesn't work all the time.
*Turtle-Whirl - It's just plain boring.
*Carousel - Same as above.
--basically with those two, there's no flashing lights, there's only one button....it stinks..lol
*Kiddieland - No one likes kiddieland. Plus, I hate kids.
*Falling Star - Just one word..lol B-O-R-I-N-G!

Favorite:
*J2 - my all time favorite. Nothing beats it. I can either be on the exit side (with the dispatch enable button) and checking seatbelts/lapbars or I can be on the operator side checking seatbelts/lapbars, because then I get to check out the op panel.
*Inverter - second favorite. Flashing lights, 3 buttons, frightened guests. I love it. Plus, I love the verbals, they sound so nerdy..lol But I know 'em by heart.
*Chaos - I've never done it during park hours. But during training it's fun. Because if the restraints don't come up, you can do it manually. Your always active. And the sound Chaos makes is awesome.

Carowinds 73-03
06-30-2005, 02:58 AM
Hate:

Thunder Road
Hurler
Carolina Cyclone
Lazy Town Sporticopters

Love:
Top Gun
Vortex
Drop Zone

phantompenguin
06-30-2005, 11:29 AM
Hate
Everything in Kiddieland

Love
King Kahuna

MConte05
07-01-2005, 01:59 PM
Hate
Waterstreet Cab Company (Bumper Cars)
Carosuel

Get Bored With
Boss
Screamin' Eagle

Love
River King Mine Train

Scottywood
07-02-2005, 12:44 AM
Hate
-Little Dare Devils (Motorcycles)
-Flying Elephants (Dumbo ride)
-Drum Circus (teacups, but there drums)
-Kiddie Swings
-Kiddie Carosuel
-Wave Swinger: Gets boring just sitting up in the boot, get very little chance to interact with people, even over the mic.
-Bumper Cars: Because people have no clue how to drive them.
-Ferris Wheel: Have to balance it and it seems so tough to run, very tempermental.

Love
-Musik Express: Basicly because I get to play DJ and listen to music while I work. It just gets me all psyched up. Usually I'll go there when I'm in a bad mood and throw in a song to cheer me up.
-Wildcat Roller Coaster: Its old, but it is fun. Unlike the new coasters the operator has to actually park themsleves so it takes a bit of talent. You also have 2 other people there so you aren't all by yourself. Plus I love to have fun over the mic with the ride speeches.
-Thunder Rapids Raft Ride: Most people don't like this one but it has grown on me as I have been certified on it for 5 years straight. favorite position there is E-stop because it heeps me moving in and out of every boat, making sure all the seat belts are buckled and everyone is ready to go. All while the boat is moving towards the end of the station.
-DownTime (186' drop tower): I like this one for many of the same reasons as Thunder. The floor op spot keeps me moving, talking with people, checking seat belts all in a race to get it down as quickly and safetly as possible. The CPO spot is also sweet because you get a nice leather chair to sit in and the building is air conditioned. It is the place to be on a hot day.
-Sky Ride: This ride goes 729' up a mountain and the best spot is the operator who gets to sit up at the top all day and make sure people are behaving and not getting off. It is very relaxing, but you have to make sure you wear sun screen or you will fry.
-Lake Side Trolley: It is an orginaly 1911 Trolley and it may be the best ride in the park to operate. It is another ride where you decide how fast it goes and you have to brake it yourself. Takes alot of talent and confidence, because believe me it is not an easy ride to learn.
-C.P. Huntington Train: It travel right along the lake and vgives you a kick ass view of the park. Again, another ride that the operator gets to drive and brake on there own, but this one is 10 times easier then the Trolley and it is so relaxing.

RidesKid133
07-04-2005, 11:04 AM
Is the train really cool? We have one but I never bothered to learn it. It never interested me.

Tbakmtown2006
07-08-2005, 08:34 AM
Hate:
-Fun Slide: hot and boring
-Chaos: restraint always get stuck and a pain to keep it balanced (only good thing is the operating booth is AC and the tips)
-Dizzy Drums: got dizzy watching the ride
-Whip: very LOUD, ride is forever long
-Tiny Tracks: train goes too slow and kids always stick their hands out

Favorite:
-Music Express: loud music and air conditioner
-Lightning Racer: always moving around and guests are fun
-Roller Soaker: feet get soaked; Front line people dump water on you; fun to operate until it breaksdown
-Granny Bugs: relaxing kiddie ride w/o bells, whistles, etc
-Fender Bender: fun to watch everybody ram their friends

slnewbus
07-08-2005, 10:49 AM
I have only done Talon for a long period of time. I have only been away from it for about 2 days at other rides.
Hate
Cedar Creek Cannonball Train (Wnless I am tired and I don't feel like doing anything.)
Waveswinger (Out in the sun and you have to run to fasten every chair quickly. Plus you have to say the spiel.)

Love

Talon. It is awesome.