PDA

View Full Version : The Dukes of Hazzard

Leo C
07-17-2005, 09:48 PM
"Just the good ole boys, never meaning no harm..."

That's right, it's the Dukes of Hazzard thread. It was my favorite show as kid. I really wonder if I saw any of the last new episodes in the mid 80's, I would be really young then. I definitely remember the day time reruns. Without a doubt it was a campy, fun show. I loved the General Lee sweeping the corners. It's the only classic car I'd ever want: a '69 Charger.

With this new movie the first of the travesties is Jessica Simpson maintaining her blond hair to play Daisy Duke. I know she is protecting the "Jessica brand" but the only real Daisy Duke was a brunette.

I'm cool with Willie Nelson playing Uncle Jesse and Burt Reynolds playing Boss Hogg. I really hope the Bo and Luke portrayed in this movie are not stupid. Bo and Luke were not dumb on the tv show.

YoungStud
07-17-2005, 10:50 PM
unfourtanelty i am afraid that bo and luke are made out to be a couple dumb rednecks. The actors that portray bo and luke are better off playing Coy and Vance, they were tools anyway.

I also predict that the reward money they win will be donated to charity.

Leo C
07-17-2005, 11:14 PM
I'm now at odds on wanting to watch the movie. The guy that is playing Cooter is pushing that true fans do not see the film until it is cleaned up. I completely understand his point of view. I just put my Dukes of Hazzard poster on my door but I'm not sure if and how soon I'd watch this movie coming next month.

Dan G
07-17-2005, 11:34 PM
The only incentive I have to go watch this movie is to watch Jessica Simpson is those short shorts. I saw the previews and she looks AMAZING. It's too bad I couldn't be Nick for a day. lol

Carowinds 73-03
07-17-2005, 11:48 PM
I just saw the previews tonight on tv and i'ma not sure if i'll rush out to see this, I think they did a horrible job on casting.

YoungStud
07-18-2005, 12:07 AM
johny knoxville is in it, go figure.

Cuddy
07-18-2005, 12:49 AM
Johnny Knoxville as Luke Duke and Sean William Scott (Stifler) as Bo Duke. I'll pass. I like seeing Burt Reynolds as Jefferson Davis Hogg, but I noticed a mistake right away in the trailer. He calls someone a "dipstick." The only person in the series that called anyone a dipstick was when Rosco P Coltrane called Enos that. Plus the General Lee doesn't look good enough.

So yeah, I'm a fan of the TV show, but I think I'll pass on the movie. That reminds me, I need to pick up Season 3 DoH.

And my personal opinion of Hollywood came forth on a Non Sequitor cartoon last week:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y271/CuddyTN/hollywoodtruth.gif

Leo C
07-18-2005, 01:16 AM
^my sentiments exactly on Hollywood within the last few years.

I hardly check out AMC but in the tv listings I saw the original "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" was on a few weeks ago. I was totally turned off from then on towards the new remake movie. Who needs to see the Bad News Bears again? Couldn't I just watch the one with the late Walter Matheau? The criminal/bad guy ends up coaching a bad sports team thing is so overdone - like the Mighty Ducks with Emilio Estevez.

Wes
07-18-2005, 08:08 AM
I'm skipping this one as well. The trailer does nothing for me.

I grew up watching the tv show as a kid (1st run, not reruns either) lol

Neither of the guys look like Bo or Luke, Burt Reynolds as Boss Hog? No!!!!!!!! Willie Nelson is about the only one I can half accept.

They have ruined what could have been a decent movie IMO. I refuse to see this one.

I'm sick of them making movie versions of old tv shows. Only a few have been any good.

Leo C
07-18-2005, 09:07 PM
I think the show ended in 1985. I was four then; doubt I saw the last of the new episodes but pretty sure I saw the first daytime airings of repeats.

I could at least accept that Daisy's Jeep is a Wrangler. During the show she drove a Jeep CJ-7 with the words "Dixie" on the side. I remember her driving a yellow Challenger/Barricuda/GTX? at one time.

Cuddy
07-18-2005, 11:30 PM
Got the answer for you:

Daisy originally drove a yellow 1973 Plymouth Roadrunner, until the brakes went when Bo and Luke were driving it in the 2nd season episode 'The Runaway' and it went over a cliff - with them getting out just in time. At the end of that episode, she got her white jeep, called 'Dixie'.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078607/trivia

Leo C
07-27-2005, 12:00 AM
I think the movie stunt car actually has a round "0" on it not the straight "0" the car usually has.

coasterlove
07-28-2005, 01:50 AM
The only incentive I have to go watch this movie is to watch Jessica Simpson is those short shorts. I saw the previews and she looks AMAZING. It's too bad I couldn't be Nick for a day. lol

Dude, the way you're talking about and lusting over her, I think you would only need 1.7 minutes....not a whole day! :p

I think the movie looks like it could be fun. Sean William Scott and Johnny Knoxville are both great and I'm willing to give them a chance with this movie. And yes Jessica Simpson looks extremely hot and that by itself is just about worth the price of admission.

Daniel, I get the first 23 hours, 58.3 minutes as Nick, then you can have the rest of the day.

tntornadox
07-28-2005, 01:54 AM
Johnny Knoxville stars in it, the film premiered in Knoxville, Tennessee...hmm...strange coincidence? ;)

Leo C
08-02-2005, 11:11 PM
The fictional Hazzard County was in Tennessee anyway I believe. It's just a few days til the movie premieres. I wonder how my local movie critic will can this. I hope the cast during the premiere shows up in a new 2006 Dodge Charger all dressed up in orange.

Cuddy
08-02-2005, 11:34 PM
I thought it was Georgia. Some episodes had them Dukes going from Hazzard County to Atlanta in a matter of hours...

Anyhow, I AM going to the movie. In the Season 3 DVD set, there is a ticket voucher (up to $12) for one ticket. Can't pass up a free ticket...

Rachel123
08-03-2005, 02:52 AM
I never really watched the show. The movie doesn't interest me to much. I may watch a few episodes on tv to check it out. Sounds pretty good. Even if I don't like it......I don't mind watching that car. I would kill for a dodge charger......

Leo C
08-04-2005, 12:55 AM
You could be our TN Daisy Duke then. hehehe

Cuddy
08-04-2005, 08:22 PM
^there you go!

I read a review for DoH in Scene Magazine (available in Cleveland and select cities across the US). They made getting kicked in the nuts seem more enjoyable than watching a dude from Hackass and a dude from Amercian Pie try to be "Good Ol' Boys."

Leo C
08-05-2005, 12:09 AM
Don't tell me this movie is going to need a "Batman Begins rescue treatment" and needs to be redone.

Cuddy
08-05-2005, 12:16 AM
Let me put it this way, I will enjoy my free viewing, but I'm going to go into the movie with the same attitude that a coaster enthusiass goes into a park.

Rachel123
08-05-2005, 12:21 AM
Hahah There we go!!!

If one of my friends suggests going to see it in the theatre one night...then I will. If not..I feel like I might just wait and rent it. In the MuchMusic they were talking about all the kicking in the nuts that happened. I wouldn't want to be one of the ones being kicked!! (not that I even know what it feels like ;) ) The guys are good looking though so either way, the movie will be enjoyable for me.

Leo C
08-05-2005, 12:30 AM
On the Dukes of Hazzard tv show you never see the General Lee drive during the night. I don't think I've ever saw the headlights flipped out. In the movie they drive at night. I guess I wouldn't be surprised if they dealed with rain as well. I could just see it:
Stifler: "Dude, it's raining."
Knoxville: "Well it was your idea to weld the doors shut, Mister NASCAR."
Stifler: "Dude, we need a car cover!"

Aaron
08-05-2005, 02:49 AM
This is one I think I'll be staying away from. I had never even heard of the show before all the publicity started coming out for this movie and the trailer looks pretty bad. From what I can tell, it's a bunch of rednecks driving around pulling all these fancy car stunts and destroying things. Not my kind of movie.

TimberWolfe
08-05-2005, 02:52 AM
O yea Jessica Simpsons Hot ha ha

Griswold
08-05-2005, 09:47 AM
Why isn't Rosco in this movie??????? If he is, I didn't see him in the previews.

Coastr Crazy 72
08-05-2005, 03:12 PM
I might see this movie just because Jessica Simpson looks smoking in this movie.

Drewbie
08-05-2005, 03:58 PM
Rachel123

/signed

magnum_man1989
08-05-2005, 05:14 PM
They had some pretty sweet Dukes of Hazard playstation games that I used to play back in the playsstation era....Eh good times, good times!

NITROS AIRTIME
08-05-2005, 05:38 PM
im going to see the movie...I used to like Dukes of Hazzard. I don't have high expectations for this though at all..but whatever, nothing else to do...

steel
08-05-2005, 05:49 PM
This is one I think I'll be staying away from. I had never even heard of the show before all the publicity started coming out for this movie and the trailer looks pretty bad. From what I can tell, it's a bunch of rednecks driving around pulling all these fancy car stunts and destroying things. Not my kind of movie.

At last someone agrees with me!

Leo C
08-05-2005, 09:01 PM
If I do see this movie, it's probably going to be a matinee.

Leo C
02-09-2007, 08:15 PM
Looks like ABC family will air their own Dukes of Hazzard Movie March 4th. To be on that channel it has to be much more family friendly, which it looks like, and closer to the more down to earth content of the original show. They actually have Willie Nelson as Uncle Jessie again. Of course, he wouldn't be talking about blipping more dirty things.

I still have to get the 7th season to complete my whole Dukes series.

I love DW
02-10-2007, 12:40 AM
That should be interesting to see what ABC Family does with the Dukes of Hazzard definitely will be cleaner than the movie. I really enjoyed the original tv series and I liked the movie but I don't think that it was very similar to the real Dukes of Hazzard or as good, but with Jessica Simpson as Daisy it was all right.

Leo C
03-04-2007, 11:30 PM
March 4: 8:00PM, 10:00PM
March 9: 8:00PM
March 18: 1:00PM

Dukes of Hazzard: The Beginning on ABC Family. Not bad. The bad golfer guy from Happy Gilmore is Boss Hogg. Uncle Jessie is slightly cleaner. Still creates moonshine and teases.