PDA

View Full Version : working in your sleep?

sirius_kid
09-04-2005, 02:19 PM
I just wanted to know are there any associates out there (rides) that work so much. When you go to sleep you put your thumb up in the air then you wake up and say what in god name?? I have I just wanted to know were there any others lol

ThunderDan
09-04-2005, 05:01 PM
When I worked for a park, a co-worker told me that he speiled in his sleep. I woke myself up checking lap bars once!

Carowinds 73-03
09-04-2005, 05:12 PM
I have yet to do anything like that tha i know of but i have had many dreams about work.

Marc
09-04-2005, 06:43 PM
I might have done it. When I wake up in the morning sometimes I find my arm out past the edge of my bed. When I go to move it, I can't. I have to use my other arm to bend my arm. It's pretty painful too. It looses it's soreness in about 5-10 minutes.

msd83
09-04-2005, 09:56 PM
I might have done it. When I wake up in the morning sometimes I find my arm out past the edge of my bed. When I go to move it, I can't. I have to use my other arm to bend my arm. It's pretty painful too. It looses it's soreness in about 5-10 minutes.
I've had that happen before, it's really odd. I have to do the same thing, move it with my other arm until it moves by itself. I don't work at a park or anything. Wish I could, but the closest park to me is Adventureland in Farmingdale, NY, and I really don't want to work there right now.

Marcus
09-06-2005, 10:40 AM
Yes, losing circulation in your arm does suck.

Anywho, at my location I rent 200 of the same thing every work day, so it follows me to my sleep quite often. It's not so much when I am asleep, as when I am in that grey area where I'm not quite asleep, but I'm not really awake. Sure enough I just keep selling my rentals to faceless people, asking them to fill out the same form. A lot of times I will mentally catch myself in the middle of it, and say, "Hey stop that, your not at work!". But usually at that point, I'm so close to being asleep, I'm just like "ahh f#&@ it." and just work myself to sleep.

RidesKid133
09-06-2005, 11:16 AM
Nope, haven't done anything like that in my sleep yet. But like someone else said, I have had MANY dreams about work...and they're usually really stupid dreams too...lol

Ryan F
09-06-2005, 09:23 PM
Nothing to me, but I've heard stories about people waking up saying "clear, all clear" or answering phones like "[ride name], [person] speaking"

BSBMX
09-06-2005, 09:41 PM
I have dreams about work, but I don't believe I give hand signals or anything in my sleep. However, I'm asleep, so how would I know?

coasterell
09-07-2005, 10:51 PM
my mom told me that when I was sleeping I was yelling at someone about their kid being too short and them not being able to ride. I think I was really stressed that day.

Sandy W
09-11-2005, 10:58 PM
I had a few dreams about work from time to time. First I call them spin dreams where in my dream the ride keeps on going and going. Those were most often when I was falling asleep. The other kind I had I woke up saying just one person? and I was pointing to the car they were to go to in my sleep just as I was waking up. I have walked in my sleep a few times so I was not too surprised by this.

slnewbus
09-12-2005, 03:49 PM
I sleep walk and one time I went up to my parents in my sleep and was like, are you a group of 2, would you like to ride in the front row?

I always dream about working. I can't get away from it. lol.

RCTfan
09-12-2005, 09:00 PM
Well, its not when I'm sleeping, but it counts...

...When I hear the phone ring, I want to answer and say "Living Seas Break Room, this is Jeremy." Then I realize I don't work there anymore, nor am I actually there at all.

Carowinds2005
09-12-2005, 10:51 PM
When im laying in bed trying to go to sleep; I go over my spiels. But thats about it. And I have had dreams about work.

BSBMX
09-13-2005, 05:53 PM
^I did that when I first started working. Then I tried to see how fast I could say them, but I think I gave my parents concern when they thought I was rapping in bed.