PDA

View Full Version : New Database problems

Sir Willow
09-26-2005, 07:51 PM
The new layout looks great. But I seem to have encountered a bug. I can't pull up my coaster and ride count for some reason.

When I go to my profile page, I click on the "edit park/ride count" link. It then tells me to login or register, which of course I already am. But I click on login anyways, and then get a URL not found error. All of the other options on the side still work fine.

After fooling around for a while I can manage to get a login to the database, but it has to be done separately from the forums now and doesn't seem to work together with it anymore.

Steven
09-26-2005, 08:02 PM
Try this... manually clear your cookies (any of them), and log in from the main site, which will allow you to get at your count stuff.

That may be necessary for everyone since there are some changes in cookie handling.

coasterdude28
09-27-2005, 04:55 PM
I am having a problem with the database. When I go onto a page for a coaster and click on 'view this ride's gallery' a different page comes up but has nothing on it. I cannot view galleries or individual photos. Any help would be appreciated.

I really like what you have done to the DataBase though. Great Job.

VekomahangNbang
09-27-2005, 06:58 PM
Hey i cant get my ride and park count and all of that stuff to work. I think I have the same problem as Sir Willow.

Steven
09-27-2005, 10:14 PM
Follow the same instructions VekomahangNbang.

coasterdude28: we'll need more info regarding that.

coasterdude28
09-27-2005, 10:43 PM
What was happening was that I would click on a certain picture and a page would come saying "View Picture: Nitro". It would have the capton and whatnot but no picture. I just went back and tried again and the pictures came up sometimes but I had to wait about 15 to 20 seconds for them to appear.

DerMorgan
09-29-2005, 05:18 AM
i've been trying to add a park and a ride, but it doesn't seem to work.

the park is the tokyo aquadome, and the coaster is called galaxy express 999. it's a tire launched, intamin, indoor, space themed coaster with one vertical loop that opened this year.

Graham
09-29-2005, 07:03 AM
DerMorgan,

Only Staff members can actually add the rides to our database. When you submitted the ride it got emailed to us and an editor will validate what you sent. We have received your email; however we haven't added the ride and park you submitted to our database yet. I'll see if I can add them later tonight.

DerMorgan
09-29-2005, 09:16 AM
cool. sorry, i didn't mean to rush you guys. i'm just trying to update my coaster count after my recent trip to japan. it's possible that i have the most coasters of anyone here at thrillnetwork! i was actually suprised by that.

Sir Willow
09-29-2005, 09:25 AM
^ Well, maybe of those that have actually worked through the database to add their coaster counts to their profiles. :)

There are a couple of people that post here pretty often though that I know have very high coaster counts. They just haven't put them online here.

BTW, back on topic- clearing the cache seems to have done the trick. Had the same thing on another computer I use, and when I did that it cleared up the problem I had.

DerMorgan
09-29-2005, 02:04 PM
[QUOTE=Sir Willow]^ Well, maybe of those that have actually worked through the database to add their coaster counts to their profiles. :)

QUOTE]

a very good point! ok, i'm still proud of my count anyways :D

Sir Willow
09-29-2005, 07:40 PM
^ And there's nothing wrong with that! :D

I'm looking forward to getting my coaster count up to around 240 in the next couple of weeks myself if all goes well.

minicoopertx
10-09-2005, 08:30 PM
I was all set to put in my counts... but I can't get into the section to edit my list. Instead, I get this:
Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /usr/home/thrill/www/database/count.php on line 886

Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /usr/home/thrill/www/database/count.php on line 889

I've tried the "clearing cookies" bit, I've used different browsers (using Firefox now), even tried on both PC and Mac. Nothing gets me past this.

Joseph
02-12-2006, 12:12 AM
Rather than start a new thread, is there a way you can (well, I KNOW it can be done, I guess could y'all make it so one can...) go directly to a ride or park if it's a direct hit - ie if I type in Kraken it would take me directly to that page instead of taking me to the results page.

ooh, and I just realized the update park and update ride links in the db hub are pointing to the opposite pages ;)

Graham
02-12-2006, 01:02 AM
Bob, that was actually I thought of doing while working on the database update a few months back. In fact, it was even in the early stages of the search page before everything was done. However, here is why I took it out, The algorithm we use to match results from our database depends partly on wild cards (in other words you could type in just "Cyclone" and it will return Cyclone, Cyclone 500, Cyclone Racer, and Cyclone Sam's). It was because people might only find one result on a partial search that I didnít want to redirect if only one result was found since it is possible that the result that was retuned wasnít at all what the person searching was looking for.

Also, Thanks for letting me know about the update links.

michlev1974
02-14-2006, 09:33 AM
Is this a know error for the RCT3 Soaked expansion pack? I reinstalled my drivers, ran all the spyware, cleared cookies, etc... The game runs for about 15 mins in the sandbox mode and then the screen freezes for about 30 seconds, an error is displayed 'nv4_drive....stopped working..." and I have to unplug the computer and restart. Am I missing something? I have had enough time (before the screen freezes) to have the park open, put in a wave pool, and a lazy river, along with a few rides. Is there an obvious miss? RCT3 played w/no troubles for me until I added the expansion pack last week. I hope someone reads this and says, "Ok, you are missing.........". I love this game!

Steven
02-14-2006, 09:45 AM
This isn't the right place to discuss it, as we do not get into the support of games. You will need to contact Atari's technical support for RCT3.

michlev1974
02-14-2006, 11:26 AM
Heading for Atari.

Thanks

Sir Willow
02-14-2006, 12:16 PM
hehe- TN database errors and RCT tech errors. Yeah, I can see how those got mixed up. LOL