PDA

View Full Version : New Universal Park

toorcam
10-02-2005, 01:03 PM
There are rumors of another universal park coming soon, but someone knows a possible location? Some talk about about mexico, others about Europe, other about Asia. What do you think?

SheikraTTD
10-02-2005, 04:46 PM
Where did you get that nonsense from?Mexico!Thats crazy!

Draculus
10-02-2005, 06:46 PM
Maybe you're thinking about the Shanghai project? I think that was axed.

Katie
10-02-2005, 08:44 PM
They already have a park in Europe. Unversal Studios Port Adventura. That is located in Spain. They also have a park in Japan. Universal Studios Japan. If they were to build another park, which I am not sure they will, I would think Mexico could be a destination. Or I would do it in England, but that is just my opinion.

Katie, who thinks this may be a nice addition to rumor patrol!

Dukeis#1
10-02-2005, 09:06 PM
Universal sold out its part in Port Aventura some time ago.

I wouldn't count on Universal building a new park anytime soon, GE isn't willing to put money into it.

toorcam
10-03-2005, 09:55 PM
Believe me, Mexico is not so far from having these kind of theme parks. Six Flags mexico is one of the most visited parks in the world, and the best in latin america. As there is poor people there, there are rich areas too. Disney was concidering mexico as an alternative too.
I am impressed about how the asian theme parks are growing, maybe, we will see a lot of new theme parks in a future there.

Bencerisback
10-04-2005, 09:19 PM
It is best in Latin America, I dont doubt that...but how good is it compared to the best in America? Not so great from what I've heard. I dont think Mexico will be the next. I could see one in China, Canada, and very slim chance in Mexico

Montu Man
10-04-2005, 09:33 PM
Shaghai would be a nice spot for another park. I just don't think people could identify with Universal movies very well there, like Back to the Future.

Bratman
10-05-2005, 12:42 AM
They won't build one in Canada for these reasons:

1) limited season -- May to October, and thats in mild weathered spring and fall in Ontario. Other areas would see a shorter season, save for BC.

2) their Florida parks attract a lot of Canadians, and they wouldn't want Canadians to bypass the Florida parks cos they can "do one at home " and go to Disney instead.

Worm
10-05-2005, 01:04 AM
Why can't south africa get a six flags, disney, paramount, or universal parks! its so unfair!!!! South Adfrica needs a coaster we ca be proud of...

Montu Man
10-06-2005, 10:19 PM
Because South Africa would not generate the revenue a park in another area would.

Worm
10-07-2005, 01:22 AM
Because South Africa (http:///#) would not generate the revenue a park in another area would.

What? it doen't make sense! Please explain.
I mean its not like we got snow!! its literally only one season.
Winter just gets colder then in summer, and it snows like once a year on the tallest of mountains

IT2
10-07-2005, 03:58 PM
Where did you get that nonsense from?Mexico!Thats crazy!

Don't be dissin mexico. Im a mexican. I think that it would be possible for a project in mexico.

VekomahangNbang
10-07-2005, 04:10 PM
What? it doen't make sense! Please explain.
I mean its not like we got snow!! its literally only one season.
Winter just gets colder then in summer, and it snows like once a year on the tallest of mountains
It's not whether the place has a cold winter or not. Cedar Point is successful most of the time and it is only open 6 months every year. The problem with South Africa is the tourist revenue isn't as great as other places like Mexico and China. Therefore, a park in South Africa wouldn't make as much money as a park in Mexico or China.

Worm
10-07-2005, 04:33 PM
^ then they can just make a small park, with a woodie! i've never even rode a woodie, not mention see one! And a flyer or a B&M because SA will really like a Flying B&M!

dukeandPCfan
10-07-2005, 05:51 PM
^ From a business standpoint, it does not make a lot of sense to build in South Africa (no matter what South Africa 'would like' or the size of the park). A large American park company has to spend a lot of money to export a park overseas, and will want the most for their buck. I see Latin America as a possibility, simply because it has the fastest growing middle class and competition is close to nothing (SF Mexico is THRIVING). Asia is a thriving market as well.

The most likely thing happening for a South Africa park IMO would be a local company opening up a park (Golden Reef in Cape Town took our shuttle loop, White Lightin' in the late 80s...)

Worm
10-08-2005, 12:49 PM
^ i've touht a bout it and South african currency is'nt really strong either.

Bencerisback
10-08-2005, 01:17 PM
The tourism industry in South Africa isn't so great...Even if they have a few amusement parks people aren't just going to go there for a new Universal Park...now if there was a Disney Resort and a Six Flags or two it would be a much more reasonable idea...as for now its not.

Worm
10-08-2005, 02:24 PM
The most likely thing happening for a South Africa park IMO would be a local company opening up a park (Golden Reef in Cape Town took our shuttle loop, White Lightin' in the late 80s...)[/quote]
No offense but Gold reef city is in Johannseburg, Ratanga Junction is in Cape Town.Can w stop this debate between me and everybody else on TN! Its obvious SA won't get a new coaster for a LOONG time!

Coasterman 20
03-04-2006, 10:59 AM
I think it was in Asia they are building a new park.