PDA

View Full Version : Transportation

Pcw
10-08-2005, 02:50 AM
Is there anyone that relys on public transit to get them to the park for work? Are parks usually flexible with shifts when it comes to this?

Carowinds 73-03
10-09-2005, 01:31 AM
Not sure how it works but it always see the city bus get to Carowinds 20-30 min before the people are supposed to be there so i don't think i have ever seen it run late.

Marc
10-09-2005, 04:39 AM
At Cedar Point, at least in rides, they have housing on point. Men's dorms (Cedars) are located between Wildcat and the Old Time theater and Famous Dave's. Womans dorms are located by the water tower.

They are hardley liveable for most people though. No heat or A/C, but they are cheap, quiet and convenient. They open Mid May and close on Labor Day.

There is commons dorms and apartments. They are located just off of the causeway. A bussing service runs from early in the morning till a couple hours after park close. Dorms have A/C and heat. Apartments have heat in each room, but A/C only in the living area.
The only times I wouldn't been able to work more hours if I didn't have a car was last year for power washing. At the time, I was working all open to close shifts. On night I stayed untill 1am, then I got a couple hours of sleep then got there at 6 am to power wash for a couple hours. Worked all day, then power washed at night untill 1:30 am. That is a 19.5 hour day. Then I got up the next morning and got there at 6 am to power wash again. That day, my performance was down quite a bit. I felt more like a machine than human at that point. Heck, I didn't even complain once.

coasterell
10-10-2005, 10:28 AM
I know that a lot of employees take the RTA to Geauga Lake. I don't think it's ever been late, except for the time that the bus broke down on the highway. My mom stopped and picked up some of my friends so they would be at work on time.

Ryan F
10-10-2005, 07:17 PM
I had to take public transportation all three years I worked at PCW.
Depending on where you're coming from you can take any number of transit routes. The park doesnt really give you flexible hours just because of public transit...you'd have to talk to your supervisor for that, but GO transit starts and stops service 2hrs before and after park hours for employees.

HPfanatic
10-11-2005, 09:27 PM
Hersheypark is really great in that u dictate your schedule. if u tell them look this is when the bus comes and this is when i can get there then they say "ok" and make your schedule around it but i imagine not all parks are like that. and also im not sure where you all might live but in the northeast trafic jams are a problem so the busses do run behind schedule quite often and the park is pretty lenient

medieval
10-12-2005, 08:32 AM
SFGadv has public transportation, but I just drive 10 minutes :D

PGH_Steeler
10-12-2005, 11:32 AM
well i know people who take the bus to kennywood. I don't, i drive. But, most of the time they are on time for their shift unless they caught a later bus or there is a lot of traffic.