PDA

View Full Version : Saw 2

Lancelot
10-24-2005, 11:53 AM
Is anyone else excited for this beast of a movie like I am? I thought the first one was freakin' bad a$$.

RaptorXLC
10-24-2005, 12:01 PM
I definately am. Going opening night. In the first scene. Apparently the guy wakes up with a key implanted behind his eye, and he has to gauge his own eye out to get the key, and take off the nail filled mask that will close in 60sec. Seems like it's gonna be just as good as the first one. Can't wait. And yes, it was bad azz.

TheHawk
10-24-2005, 12:53 PM
I like it for a the fact is different than most horror movies, it isn't some dumb teens or person being killed where you know what is going to happen while the first saw was unpredictable, this one looks be as good or better

James
10-24-2005, 01:08 PM
I am so set to see this movie... I was never into the first one.. And didnt even want to see it... But I got the chance to see it for free.. outside in the woods... at night... (woo!) So I saw it.. and found it to be a really good movie.. So I cant wait for saw2 to come out :D

Worm
10-24-2005, 01:24 PM
never seen the trailer but it can only be better than the first one which also was bad a$$

slipknot8527
10-24-2005, 01:25 PM
The first one was brilliant...one of the best horror movies in recent years (besides The Grudge).

Can't wait for the second one.

siestakey
10-24-2005, 02:32 PM
I want to see hte second one so bad, but my mom won't let me, especially after the first. That was a crazy twist it had, huh?

Dan G
10-24-2005, 03:01 PM
As long as there is no more cutting off of the body parts, I will go see it. That small segment in the first one almost made me puke, and I could have did without it. It seems like this new one doesn't have that seeing how everone is in a room together with no chains so I should be fine. It does look like it's going to be gruesome.

"There will be blood." lol

Emann
10-24-2005, 04:00 PM
I am excited for this movie. I thought the first one was good but it didnt go as deep into the other peoples stories as I wanted it to do. ^ I thought that was funny in the commercial "and yes there will be blood."

RCTfan
10-24-2005, 06:44 PM
I can't wait, I'm so excited! I saw the first one opening night and was highly surprised how awesome it was! I would love to see this one opening weekend, but I've got to work. So, I'll see it next week! YAY FOR SAW 2!

Carowinds 73-03
10-25-2005, 05:07 AM
Yeah, i'll be sure to see this if it's anything like the first. I guess not much promotion for this movie. I just heard about it 2 weeks ago.

Raptor
10-25-2005, 06:20 AM
I can't wait to see it, but it will probably be hit or miss. The whole concept of the jigsaw killer is awesome, but I hope everything in the second movie is just a rehash of that concept. But then, I hope they don't disregard it completely (kind of like how The Ring 2 abandoned the concept of only having 7 days to live after watching the tape in favor of the lame new thing of Samara wanting a mom.)

As long as there is no more cutting off of the body parts, I will go see it.Um, you can pretty much count on it that there will be.

The first one was brilliant...one of the best horror movies in recent years (besides The Grudge).Besides The Grudge? How can you rank that so high up there with Saw? The Grudge is one of the worst horror films I've ever seen.

medieval
10-25-2005, 08:13 AM
I'm going this weekend. I still need to see the 1st one...

RaptorXLC
10-25-2005, 12:10 PM
If that doctor in the first one had an ounce of acting talent in him, the movie would have been so much better, but it was still good. I hope the actors in this one are decent, although my hopes aren't exactly very high for that.

coasterlove
10-25-2005, 12:35 PM
I just picked up the new DVD of Saw that comes with the ticket to go see Saw 2. So I'll be seeing but not opening weekend but the second. The case for the new DVD is great, it has running blood in it that flows through the cover. Very nice.

Coastr Crazy 72
10-25-2005, 01:49 PM
Yea I can't wait either. The first one was just genious. It had an amazing story, incredible plot twists, great suspense and was just overall an incredible horror movie. One of my all time favorite. I just hope this second one lives up to the hype.

RllrCoasterFan
10-26-2005, 12:48 PM
The first was geniou like most of you have said and this one looks like it might be one of those brilliant films that will surpass the first one. The clown doll is so freaky and freaked me out in the first one. Saw was an orignal and will be hard to beat in the sequel. It is so gorey and painful to watch and that hadn't been in a movie for a while. And another thing it seemed real, like it could happen. I love horror films that go on possible real consepts like serial killers but also make it have a supernatural feel and this one did that. Can't wait for this one.

And to whoever said this hasn't had a lot of promotion behind it, those are always the best and scariest films. Plus no big name actors in it so it feels like it could happen to you even more.

Lancelot
10-26-2005, 05:43 PM
Yes these movies are the shiznit. You can't ruin it for yourself by caring about small details like acting talent. It almost starts its own genre of horror movies. One's with actual plots that aren't just kill all the college kids at summer camp.

tcornolo
10-26-2005, 06:09 PM
/\ Definately. I had never seen anything like Saw and when I saw it, I couldn't sleep well for quite a while. The clown and the pig faced masks are freakin awesome and I'm sure that this one will surpass the first.

I was reading on the Saw 2 Blog and the producer and the directors were watching the final product, before cuts, and one of them stood up during a scene and started telling the other ones that they should take it out and that it was ********** disguisting. The other producers said no and he walked out off the meeting and left. So if the people that made it are questioning whether or not to put a scene in, I'm sure that it will be extremely gorey.

rapTORrock?
10-26-2005, 06:51 PM
Saw is the best horror movie EVER!! Hands down! The orginiality behind it makes it one of a kind. The question is, will the second one have a twist like the first one did or will it just be a movie to cash in on the originality of the first movie? I can't see them throwing any more curve balls into this story but I hope I get surprised.

Nightmare500
10-26-2005, 08:12 PM
man, this one does look sweet.

I hope it has another quote like "its...its...gunna be allwight..."...man even though he did just cut his foot off, him saying that like an old grandpa cracked me up.

definatly seeing this one opening weekend!

RaptorXLC
10-28-2005, 11:55 PM
Just got back from Saw II, and i have to say I enjoyed myself. In the first death, although it may not have been too graphic of an actual death, the lead up to it was one of the most intense scenes in a movie i've ever seen. Overall it was very good, if you liked the first one, which i did, you'll like this one. I personally thought it was very good, and you'll be in for a decent surprise at the end. I figured out half of it, but it was still good. Not sure if the twist is as good as the last one, but still very good. Definately go check it out if you can handle these types of movies. 8/10

Coastr Crazy 72
10-29-2005, 12:30 AM
I loved this movie. I have to hand it to the producers of this movie. They made an absolutely amazing first movie and for once the sequel lived up to it completely. The story was amazing. The deaths, creativity and plot twists were simply spectacular, which is actually an understatement. Like I was sitting through the movie thinking "wow the first one was amazing how can they possibly be as creative and really live up to the first one?" But they did, they blew me out of the water. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Everything was just so new and original that it was hard to believe we as humans could think of stuff so twisted, scary and just overall mind boggling. Amazingly creative and amazingly twisted is the best way to describe it.

Spoiler

I knew that the movie would have some sort of crazy plot twist at the end and even though I was expecting it, it still blew me out of the water.
END

This is definitley one of the best movies of the year IMO. I give this a 9.5/10.

RaptorXLC
10-29-2005, 01:21 AM
BTW, anyone who saw it, how bout that preview for Hostel. That looks crazy. Up the same alley as Saw. Plus Tarantino's involved or at least gave it his seal of approval. Can't wait to see more about that.

siestakey
10-29-2005, 02:33 PM
Well, I'm not allowed to see this movie, but if someone can PM me what happens, that'd be great, 'cause it seems like a GREAT story, the first one was.

Dan G
10-30-2005, 12:01 AM
All I can say is, wow...you would never expect what happens at the end of Saw II, and the producers did a good job with the connections between the first and this one. I have to say that this one is hands down the most gross out of the two, and it really makes you squimish during some of the scenes. It was a great movie, and I can't wait till the third one...oops did I say that. :D

Cuddy
10-30-2005, 01:40 AM
Never saw the first...but to fully enjoy the second, is it absolutely necessary I see the first one to enjoy the second one?

Dan G
10-30-2005, 04:47 AM
Theres only a few small segments that are connected with the first one. The only thing the first tells you about is the guy that is doing this. I wouldn't say it is necessary to have to watch the first, but if you want a better understanding of the killer and what not, definitely watch the first one. They're both great horror movies, so I'd watch both if I was you.

mr.freezedude
10-30-2005, 07:45 AM
Whats hostel. I did a search for it at movies.com but it had nothing about it.

willski2002
10-30-2005, 08:49 AM
Dude.

Saw II was just about the bloodiest movie ever, but it was still pretty awesome.

SPOILER

My favorite parts were the syringe pit, the oven (I'm a pyro no more :P), and the razor thingy with the antedote inside.

MAJOR, MAJOR SPOILER

The first guy (white guy in a suit thing)-shot in the head by a rigged gun.
Second dude (Obi)-Burned alive
Third person (random girl)-Asphyxiation (sp?) aka ownt by the nerve gas.
Fourth person (some other dude)-Spiked baseball bat to the head
Fifth person (hooker girl)-Hands stuck in the razor things
Sixth person (Xavier)-Sliced up with a saw

Pretty awesometastic movie, if you ask me.

Oh yes, there will be blood............

Coastr Crazy 72
10-30-2005, 02:27 PM
Theres only a few small segments that are connected with the first one. The only thing the first tells you about is the guy that is doing this. I wouldn't say it is necessary to have to watch the first, but if you want a better understanding of the killer and what not, definitely watch the first one. They're both great horror movies, so I'd watch both if I was you.

Are you kidding me? The entire 2nd movie is connected to the first movie. I mean sure you will be able to make sense out of it, or at least you think it will make sense but unless you see the first one you really won't fully understand any of the second one.

You MUST see the first one in order to really understand the story and the motives and such in the 2nd one.

Chris L
10-30-2005, 08:48 PM
I saw it yesterday. It was pretty good. Not "WOW," but it was worth a matinee ticket. I thought the ending twist of this second installemtn was stupid though. Could've been better.

RaptorXLC
10-31-2005, 12:41 AM
I sort of agree. I thought it was a pretty good twist, but when the twist was unveiled in the first one, i had shivers running up my spine. That twist was insane. I lost my breath.

Cobra
10-31-2005, 09:54 AM
Great movie. Anyone catch the nod to classic horror film Last House on the Left?

Lancelot
11-01-2005, 10:59 AM
I didn't think the ending on this one was quite as good as the first's. But it was definetly badass. Some of the stuff the jigsaw did was insane!!!

sirius_kid
11-01-2005, 03:18 PM
WOW! well I really enjoyed the 1st one better the ending that is. The ending for SAW was a huge shock to me I was like "whoa!" I cant explain it. The ending for SAW II I was kinda shocked but I suspected something fishy with the girl. The whole time I was watching the movie I was trying to figure out the combination. I did get the 1st number right:d

leatherface9525
11-02-2005, 05:10 AM
God i have waited ever since they announced the movie. I get to the theater and have my parents buy the tickets (im only 16!) so i walk up to the cinema it was in and there was a ticket checker dude (guy looks like a younger version of michael jackson) and he says "uh... your to younge to see this movie" so i argue with the guy for 7 minutes and he ends up calling the manager and i get thrown out.

So after all that i didnt get to see it. But from what i hear i wish i would have!!

Rachel123
11-02-2005, 12:19 PM
I was amazed with both SAW and SAW II. The first one scared the crap out of me. I love how it isn't your typical killer movie. The way the twist was played out in the first one sent shivers running down my spine. I like the twist in the second one better but the way it was played out didn't give me chills like the first one. I saw it in the afternoon on opening day and I haven't stopped talking about it since then. I love how there are so many tiny details that attribute to the plot.

**SPOILER**
In the first one when Amanda is explaining her story she says "He helped me". To me that kinda foreshadows to something to be sketchy with her in the second. I thought that was kind of cool. I'm not gonna lie...It took me a little while to realize the cops were at the different house than Detective Matthews.
**END**

Oh, I think the first scene was done amazingly. I love they way they make the scenes to crazy and switch the cameras the way they do. I had my hands over my eyes. Hahaha

I love how Donnie from New Kids on the Block is still around.

The guy who played Adam in the first movie co-wrote both of them. I think these guys are genious'.

I definately give it a 9.5/10

coasterlove
11-02-2005, 01:34 PM
I thought it was great. I just saw it yesterday with my free ticket. I love gory films so I have to applaud a film that can still make me cringe despite all the horror movies I've seen. Saw 2 was entertaining and I thought the twist was great. There were a few things that couldn't exactly be believed or explained easily but nothing that really detracted from the overall film.

9/10

Great movie. Anyone catch the nod to classic horror film Last House on the Left?

Yes, I caught that and chuckled a little to myself while I knew my friends as well as most in the audience probably didn't get it since they've likely never even heard of it. And of course it wasn't just a coincidence either since he almost said it with a hidden chuckle. And I thought it was great how the house tied into the bathroom dungeon of the first film.

Rachel123
11-02-2005, 01:44 PM
And I thought it was great how the house tied into the bathroom dungeon of the first film.

I think that was one of my favourite things about it. The last scene and last line from each movie was the same. It creeped me right out.

Slingshot57
11-02-2005, 06:37 PM
Greatest sentence of all time...

I saw Saw 2 too!

siestakey
11-02-2005, 07:55 PM
HUGE SPOILER!
http://www.themoviespoiler.com/Spoilers/saw2.html

Ryan F
11-07-2005, 10:21 PM
MAJOR, MAJOR SPOILER

Sixth person (Xavier)-Sliced up with a saw
Actually, his neck was sliced open with a knife.

END SPOILER

I thought it was a good movie, very gory. I still haven't seen the first one though. Awesome twist at the end. 9/10

On another note, when I saw the movie a couple brought their VERY young child in. The bay couldn't have been older than 2. I'm happy she slept through the whole thing, but what kind of parent brings their newborn baby to a movie filled with killing?

xtreme
11-07-2005, 10:54 PM
what a great movie
i was on the edge of my seat for the entire movie.

jaye04
11-09-2005, 07:41 PM
I didn't like the first one all that much but Saw 2 was freakin amazing. The ending was killer (haha.....)