PDA

View Full Version : WOW! Skydiving 10/30/05

SFGadvKing
10-30-2005, 08:06 PM
i've been wanting to go skydiving ever since i got into coasters about 6 years ago. it was too bad i needed to be 18 so i needed to wait 6 years to do it. well i turned 18 a few weeks ago and immediatly started looking for places to go skydiving. i found Skydive Jersey Shore. i tried making a reservation for last sunday but i was never able to contact them. i called back this past week and finally made a reservation for 2:00pm today (10/30). my sister also talked about wanting to do it so i asked her if she wanted to come and she agreed.

so me, my sister, and dad(who was going to watch) leave for an hour car ride down to the airport. it was 68 degrees, and not a cloud in the sky. we park, go into the place to sign in, immediatly go to watch the video with the guy with the HUGE beard (easily the longest beard i have ever seen) and then get to signing the HUGE waiver forms. that whole thing takes about 25 minutes and then we head over to the dropzone/start-up place. a woman shows us the position we should be in the plane and while falling which took about 2 minutes. because of high winds early in the day they were backed up so we waited about an hour watching the people ahead of us going up and comming down. we finally get called over, put jumpsuits and harneses on, and i get a little interview for the video. we then meet our jump instructors and head to the plane. now look at this picture - http://www.skydivejerseyshore.com/gallery/tandems/Picture_26 that is the plane we were in. it was me, my sister, the two tandem guys, the video guy, and the pilot in that plane. we were packed in like sardines...litteraly. we make the 20 minute plane ride up to altitude while seeing great views of the jersey shore and new york city.

we get attached to our instructors and my sister was first to go. then i inch towards the door, put my foot out onto the thing the wheel is under and we slowly lean out the door and finally there is nothing more to lean against and we fall. 10,000 feet high and dropping. there is nothing like the feeling. it does not feel anything like dropping on a rollercoaster. it just feels like your floating. the camera man gets some good close up shots of me and after about 40 seconds of freefall the chute gets pulled and it went silent. i was able to stear the parachute a little and we did some sweet turns. then it was time for landing. on the ground, i was watching everyone land very softly standing up but because of higher winds, the instructor said we would have to be landing on our butts. so we get close and closer to the ground and we hit hard. the people watching said it was the hardest landing of the day and did my ass hurt. it still hurts right now as i type this, its really uncomfortable right now.

so they guy gives me a roll of film with 24 pictures he took and told me he will be sending the tape to me in a few days. and then we leave. i dished out $300 (205 for the jump and 95 for the video) and it was well worth it. i cant wait to do it again and urge everyone else (especially at a site like this who are thrill junkies anyways) to try it, and if you live around here, deffinatly go to Skydive Jersey Shore, all the people there are really friendly and they were joking around with us the whole time. you wont be let down.

i'll edit in the pictures as soon as i get them developed (which will be tomorrow).

NITROS AIRTIME
10-30-2005, 08:43 PM
wow that sounds really great. Skydiving is one of those things I've always wanted to try. Glad you had a good time.

coasterdude28
10-30-2005, 09:25 PM
My sister jumped at Skydive Jersey Shore in May. She loved it. The people there are really nice. I can't wait to turn eighteen. Skydiving is on my to do list. Do you know the name of your tandem jumper?

SFGadvKing
10-30-2005, 09:59 PM
Skydiving is on my to do list. Do you know the name of your tandem jumper?

no sorry, all i remember is that one of the three guys that jumped with us was named George. actually, i dont think it was my sisters instructor so it was either the video guy or my instructor

coasterdude28
10-30-2005, 10:16 PM
From what I saw in the pictures, I think the guy that jumped with your sister, jumped with my sister. I will show my sistyer the picture and ask her. He was a really cool guy.

SFGadvKing
10-30-2005, 10:19 PM
uhh...what pictures? the picture i put in the first post is from the website just showing everyone how big the airplane was. i dont know any of the people in those pictures. i will be putting MY pictures up tomorrow after the get developed showing the guys that jumped with us.

SFGadvKing
10-31-2005, 07:25 PM
I GOT PICS!!!!

http://www.picturetrail.com/yeshli2nuts

coasterdude28
10-31-2005, 07:45 PM
Ok, I misunderstood you. Those pics are great. It looks like you had an amazing time.

Wes
11-01-2005, 01:26 PM
Sounds like fun! I want to do it myself some time.

Do you know if there is a weight limit? Just curious.

coasterdude28
11-01-2005, 05:47 PM
There shouldn't be. From what I remember most any size person can jump. They have all different chutes for different sizes. Don't quote me on that but I think you should be fine.

Rider711
11-14-2005, 08:19 PM
There is a weight limit of up to 250lbs.

SFGadvKing
11-16-2005, 08:31 PM
at Skydive Jersey Shore the weight limit is 220 lbs but you can still jump if you are over it, you just have to pay extra.