PDA

View Full Version : I'm new here.

CoasterLisa
11-03-2005, 08:21 PM
I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone at this board. I roam the web a lot and alreay knew about this site and decided it was time to become a member. I've posted here twice in the last month.

A little about me:

I'm from the beautiful Northwest, Washington State, and have loved coasters since age 4 (if you add a 1 after the 4 that's how old I am now). I love to discuss the history of amusement parks and coasters. I'm rather biased towards the woodies. ;) My home park is Enchanted Village which is a 35/40 minute drive but Silverwood is my foster parent park of which I am proud of and feel the closest to. LOL.

I noticed that someone here has claimed they have built a 28' K-nex coaster. I guess you could say I have the complete K-nex amusement park (1 spinning ride, ferris wheel, and rotating sky ride) along with the Screamin Serpent and Rocket coaster arranged nicely in my downstairs rec room. They take up a fair amount space but look realistic with the rides nestled inside the coasters. Too bad they don't have lights.

Besides K-nex, I also collect lots of books, magazines (besides ACE's RollerCoaster!) with articles dating back to 1989 on roller coasters. I also have computer games, videos, hats, t-shirts, photos, and trinkets of coasters. Much of what many of you folks probably have.

My current focus is seeking out more info on the defunct Northwest coasters and sharing them on my Web site. Though it can be time consuming with finding old photos, a little traveling, taking photos, editing photos, coding tons of pages, then uploading to my domain registry's server, I do enjoy sharing my life long love and passion. And that's what this is really all about anyway.

Anyway, I hope I can be an asset (not ass ;) ) to this forum.

I look forward to talking with ya.

Lisa
http://www.rollercoastersofthepacificnw.com

siestakey
11-03-2005, 09:26 PM
Hey...I'm the on building the coaster. You said you have K'Nex? Well, not to be greedy or anything...but do you want them? We NEED donations of K'Nexin large amounts because we are extremely low on pieces for the project. It will be 28 feet tall, it is not done yet.
-Welcome to the site.

Martin
11-03-2005, 09:43 PM
Hey Lisa! I'm Martin! Welcome to ThrillNetwork! Have fun posting on the boards.
BTW, this belongs in the Town Square

CoasterLisa
11-03-2005, 09:44 PM
Hey...I'm the on building the coaster. You said you have K'Nex? Well, not to be greedy or anything...but do you want them? We NEED donations of K'Nexin large amounts because we are extremely low on pieces for the project. It will be 28 feet tall, it is not done yet.
-Welcome to the site.

Hehehe. Not too subtle are you? Nice to meet the big K-Nex coaster builder...I think. :) To answer your question, no I don't have any extra pieces since they're all being used on my coasters and rides.

Thanks for the welcome, though.

Lisa
Roller Coasters of The Pacific Northwest
http://www.rollercoastersofthepacificnw.com

Johnny Upsidedown
11-03-2005, 10:02 PM
Welcome to Thrillnetwork COASTERLISA. Nice website you have built of stuff in the Pacific Northwest.. Know what you mean about website work.
Hope you enjoy your stay.
J.

coasterdude28
11-04-2005, 04:11 PM
Welcome to TN Lisa. You should fit in perfectly here and have a great time. Most of us here are obsessed with coaster just like you. It's nice to know that there are other crazy coaster freaks out there. If you want, you can put the link to your site in your signature instead of just posting it in each post. If you do though, be sure to have a return link to TN.(You might want to check the TOS to be sure what the rule is because I am not sure)

Well, have fun posting and I hope some people here can help you in your search for coaster history and whatnot.

Wes
11-04-2005, 04:33 PM
Man it's been a while since we had any new members.

Welcome Lisa! Hope you stick around ;party;

Cuddy
11-04-2005, 06:50 PM
And bring your other female friends here...its nice to have new members older than me!

Katie
11-04-2005, 07:29 PM
Welcome Lisa!

Katie

Carowinds 73-03
11-04-2005, 07:32 PM
Welcome to TN Lisa! Hope you enjoy yourself here.

We have not had any new members in a while but it's weird how the last 5 or so new members have all been girls.

coastermadnes05
11-06-2005, 04:42 PM
Nice site Lisa, this is a good place to learn a lot about coasters all over the place, I run a site from the midwest here but its great to hear about what everyone else around the U.S. has. Look forward to learning about the coasters in your area of the U.S.

ShannonS
11-07-2005, 04:42 PM
Welcome to our "family",Lisa. I just started joining this club myself about a month ago. Hope to hear from you SES

coasterqueen
12-04-2005, 10:50 AM
Welcome Lisa! I am seeing you all over the place. :D

Yeah I know, this post is a little late. lol.

-Tina

VekomahangNbang
12-04-2005, 05:15 PM
She hasn't been on in forever. Another person who joins and then forgets a week later.

Cuddy
12-04-2005, 05:33 PM
^Nice way to welcome people here.