PDA

View Full Version : SFMM NOV.19th

nick916
11-15-2005, 10:10 PM
HEY! goin' NOv. 19th to SFMM few days after they officialy announce
tatsu.....sooooooooo in case some ppl that would no how will it be? lines long? prob a saturday but it wasnt too bad last time i went. Well write back ASAP and maybe i'll do a gallery of pics of the construction..

PS-if u get really sick easily on rides (the swinging ship,silverbullet at KBF)wear these bracelet things with beads that put pressure inside ur arm kinda...its weerd but it helps i went on 21 loops in 1 day at SFMM without getting sick...just a tip

VekomahangNbang
11-15-2005, 10:24 PM
I'm sure it will probably be crowded. Just look at Theme Park Review's Tatsu photo gallery to see how crowded it has been the last couple of Saturdays.

And 21 loops really isn't that much. I went on Alpengist one day 15 times. 15 times 6 equals 90. Plus 5 Loch Ness rides which total comes out to 100 loops.

Anyway, hope you have fun and can aviod the crowds.

Ah, thanks for the correction down there.

Cuddy
11-15-2005, 10:37 PM
^Quick math lesson, 15 times 6 equals 90, so your total inversions with times ridden and both coasters would be 100, not 98.

Evatas
11-20-2005, 03:34 PM
Hi : )
I don't want to create a new topic, but i have a stupid question about X : p
I've read on another board that X has a weekly closure, on Wednesdays, is that true? : )

Oh.. and i've read on this forum that in order to avoid crowds, i should ride

1.x
2.viper
3.deja vue
4.riddlers
5.batman
6.goliath
7.colossus
8.scream

Is that a decent order? : )
Thanks ^-^;

Katie
11-20-2005, 05:32 PM
X has been down for a few weeks due to the coaster valleying. I am pretty sure it hasn't opened back up yet, but I could be totally wrong. I have not heard of the weekly closing. You would want to ride these three first and the others are much higher capacity.

Superman: The Escape
X
Deja Vu (If operating that day)

The others are high capacity and shouldn't be that big of an issue.

By the way your English is fine. Don't worry.

Katie

Hector
11-20-2005, 06:33 PM
The park is also closed during the week (except for holidays) so if they get X back up, you don't have to worry about it that much. I would also recomend getting Riddler's early since the line can get VERY long for that.

Kingdakasurivor
11-20-2005, 11:56 PM
Have a Great time and enjoy enjoy every operating coaster thats the true Key to haveing a succeful trip

rctfan123
11-21-2005, 12:02 AM
Actually X has been running for a while now.

Zingoman
11-21-2005, 02:54 AM
So is X a really unreliable high maintenance ride? I know it has a rough history but has it gotten better? I don't hear much about it.

I'm also curious about Riddler. You say it gets a big line a lot. Do they run three trains? Does the line move quickly? I have not been to the Mountain since 2000, and Riddler was closed! I am curious about these two since I have not seen them in action.

Everytime I have been they also have the left side of Colosus closed. This bugs the crud out of me because that is the side the used on the movie Vacation. How often do they use both sides and how often to they race?

Sorry that is all off subject, but I'm curious.

Blazen_azn
12-05-2005, 08:05 PM
X has been running great for the last few years, it wasn't downt more than any of their other coasters. In october however, the ride managed to valley 3 TIMES, needless to say it was a COLD month. But overall the ride is reliable.

Unlike what so many people believe, SFMM now runs two trains on everything (save for goldrusher), but never three. Riddler's revenge has 2 train operation, it's just long because it has remained popular and has slower dispatch times.

As nice as both sides open on Collosus might be, it's really not needed, capacity wise anyway. Superman also only uses one side, but the other side is operational (they had both open for awhile in the summer). That, i thnk, is probably a money/power issue.