PDA

View Full Version : going to Florida at the end of jan(weekdays)need discount tix!

YoungStud
11-20-2005, 06:39 PM
i am wanting to go to IOA, BGT, and sea world. Anyplace to get discount tix?

Katie
11-20-2005, 06:42 PM
BGT has a deal from the website if you buy the tickets 7 days ahead of time you save some cash, otherwise there are tons of places on the net that have cheap like combo tickets.

try themeparktravel.net

Montu Man
11-20-2005, 07:19 PM
Whatever you do, don't use ticket scalpers.

YoungStud
11-20-2005, 09:42 PM
I may fly down there and rent a cargo van, and sleep in it while on vacation to save money. I want to do this as cheaply as possible.

CoasterJunkie
11-20-2005, 09:59 PM
From Hotwire.com, Jan. 22-Jan. 28 $423 for hotel and car in Orlando. The cheapest way to do it would be to forget about the flight and drive yourself.

Other tips: Don't buy partially used tickets, that's illegal (same with selling them). I wouldn't sleep in the van either, again illegal, and just not a good idea in Orlando or Tampa. Yeah, both would be a lot cheaper, unless you were arrested, then it would be A LOT more expensive.

Otherwise, I'd say to try Hotwire, Travelocity, etc. for flight, hotel and car. Stick to major airports (less connections). Some timeshare places might offer deals if you attend a promotional meeting. Be prepared to spend some money though, Orlando ain't cheap.

YoungStud
11-20-2005, 10:09 PM
i just went to delta.com and can fly fround trip for 211 bucks. It would cost me like 90-100 bucks on gas one way if i drove. Any campsites in orlando and tampa area?

CoasterJunkie
11-20-2005, 10:21 PM
Only campground I'm aware off the top of my head is Fort Wilderness at WDW.

Montu Man
11-20-2005, 11:30 PM
Only campground I'm aware off the top of my head is Fort Wilderness at WDW.
That will trap you in Disney territory, where you are miles from the real world, and the evil gods will rip you off. I know that some hotels near International Drive can offer rates around $40, or maybe less. There, you will be within a few miles of Universal, and not too far off from Seaworld. Disney is a bit of a haul from there if you don't know the area well.

2700th!

Sir Willow
11-21-2005, 11:45 AM
Buy the citypass tickets!!!

If you go to Sea World's website, and click on the "purchase tickets" link there, you can pick up the flex ticket which will get you into both Universal Parks, Sea World, and BGT as many times as you want within two weeks. And the combined price is less than what you would pay for one day tickets to all four parks- with a whole lot more days that you can use them!

Quick link to the page:
http://www.seaworldorlando.com/seaworld/fla/out_of_state_visitors.aspx

YoungStud
11-21-2005, 07:14 PM
i went to delta.com. I can make a reservation to fly out of louisville round trip for 211 to orlando and back. While if i took the same flight from cincy it would be like 600 bucks. Weird. You think i need to jump on it, or am i leaving something out. By the way the tix are non refundable.

VekomahangNbang
11-28-2005, 05:24 PM
You got that good of a deal with Delta? Wow! They always overprice you to death and have terrible service. The non- refundable tix with Delta really isn't that uncommon, they always try to rip you off.

Sir Willow
11-29-2005, 08:05 AM
^ Huh? I've gotten some great deals out of Delta, especially with their Song flights. And their service has been great.

Guess that some have different experiences with different airlines.

In any case, did you check out the flex ticket I mentioned? Word of warning- if you see something that offers free or massively discounted tickets, avoid it like the plague. There is a problem in the area with pirated tickets, as well as some other not so nice things. Better off getting the tickets from the parks where you know they'll be legitimate.

willski2002
11-29-2005, 05:51 PM
Get the 7-day FlexTicket, it will get you into all Universal Parks, SWF, BGT, and the waterpark at Universal (wet n' Wild, right?) if it's open.

You can get really cheap deals on hotels in Orlando, some of them are actually decent.

You can get a suite/studio at an extended stay hotel fro $59 (you'd need to stay there for 1 week exactly though) near I-Drive (it's a national chain, not sure what the name is).

Look on all the travel/hotel sites.

Sir Willow
12-01-2005, 10:37 AM
Heck, I rarely pay more than $50/ night for my hotels in Orlando. Check TripRewards.com and some of the other hotel sites, and you can find some decent ones out there. Personally, I've always had good stays at the Universal Maingate Days Inn. It's about 3 blocks away from Universal, and just on the other side of the interstate from Wet and Wild. Quiet, but close to everything, and usually runs me $40-50 a night.