PDA

View Full Version : K'Nex Section

siestakey
12-07-2005, 05:34 PM
Hey, I was thinking that there should be a thread for K'Nex coasters. Construction section and a section for finished coasters. I think it would be cool, and maybe some people would join for it or post in it. Just an idea that I would really like to have on here. Thought maybe it would be agood edition to ThrillNetwork.

coasterdude28
12-07-2005, 07:15 PM
If that were to happen, it would have to encompass all models. Coaster Dynamix, K'Nex, Homemade, and others. That is a nice idea. There really is no section for threads like that.

siestakey
12-07-2005, 07:17 PM
^Yeah. There should be a section like this:
Model Coasters
-K'Nex
--Construction
--Complete
-Coaster Dynamix
--Construction
--Complete
-Home made
--Construction
--Complete

Alex Westerman
12-07-2005, 07:26 PM
maybe as an edition to SpeedZone? I know we don't exchange files for these build feels like it's very similar. One virtual the other real. Just a thought.

siestakey
12-07-2005, 07:28 PM
Maybe. I thought it would have it's own section, but speedzone is good. I thought there could just be a sextion for real models, knowbwhat I'm sayin'?

Graham
12-07-2005, 07:36 PM
What you suggested in your second post is nice siestakey; but I donít think we would need more then one forum for coaster models. I think itís a good idea.

coasterdude28
12-07-2005, 07:56 PM
It would go great under the "Fun and Games" section. So then there would be Speedzone, MBG, and Models under "Fun and Games".

Steven
12-07-2005, 08:40 PM
I like Alex's idea... perhaps even add to Speedzone itself (the section, not the forum) an area where plans and pictures could be uploaded.

We could also stick to the forum approach and do a subforum for those types and allow for any creations and their plans/pictures to be uploaded.

sfft_2108
12-07-2005, 09:08 PM
Its a nice idea... But is there that much interest in them? There has only been a few K'Nex Coaster threads which are popular, but there is only a few topics. Would more people start to build if we would have that section here? I know in the past that we had the idea to start a sports section but it didn't happen because not that much discussion would take place. Right now I see more sports talk than K'Nex. Tho this is a Coaster Site and I don't see a problem with adding the K'Nex Section, but I don't want it to be there and nothing happen. TN has grew tremedously(sp? lol) in the past year. The K'Nex section could be another SPARK (Sparks died. lmao inside joke) added to the fire, or it could just be SBNO. lmao. So there's my view.

Raptor
12-08-2005, 02:44 AM
Yeah, very few people have actually taken the time to build K'Nex coasters other than the default box set models they give, I don't think it would be such a great idea.

Sir Willow
12-08-2005, 01:07 PM
^ and ^^ mention my question about it- is there even enough discussion about them to justify one more forum? Certainly not multiple ones. And I have a strong feeling that if the few that are in the forums now were moved to a dedicated one that they'd practically die off completely. My vote would be to leave them as is.

sfft_2108
12-08-2005, 02:30 PM
Yeap. I don't think a K'Nex Section would work here. Just not that much interest in general. Maybe in a few years...

Steven
12-08-2005, 03:18 PM
...and now the naysayers decide to come out.

I would work on your timing, guys... preferably before I reply!

Sir Willow
12-08-2005, 03:43 PM
I replied as soon as I saw the thread- when I logged in for the day. Just because some of us don't line on the boards at all hours Steven... :P

Steven
12-08-2005, 08:30 PM
I'm not on it at all hours myself.... I pop in here and there lately.

Goliathlete
12-10-2005, 11:52 AM
It's hard to say whether it would see enough traffic or not. How many model/homemade coaster threads are currently on the site? Not too many. I suppose it's worth a try though. :shrug:

I'm not saying I don't like the idea, because I do, I'm just not sure if it would be active. :)

siestakey
12-17-2005, 11:00 AM
Well you see, mayvbe if there was a K'Nex section it would encourage people to build. I mean, how many of us would have No Limits if it wasn't on the site? I know I probably wouldn't.

Erik Leppen
12-17-2005, 12:42 PM
I think having a dedicate section for something, does rather attract more people to the threads than that those threads die out. In other words, separating model coaster threads from the rest would probably make more people react.

And, there is a difference in NoLimits and K'Nex, and that is that NoLimits does only cost $30. People who don't have K'Nex now, won't buy it because of a dedicated model coaster section... I know I probably wouldn't. :D

And, it can be a section to also include LEGO or other toys' models of any kind of thrill rides... not just roller coasters.

bk2004
12-18-2005, 01:04 AM
Well you see, maybe if there was a K'Nex section it would encourage people to build. I mean, how many of us would have No Limits if it wasn't on the site? I know I probably wouldn't.

I got No Limits because of this board. I saw the speedzone and never have heard of this game entitled "No Limits" so I checked it out and in the next few weeks bought it. Though I do enjoy riding the coasters more than building them since I do not have the patience on taking weeks to build one decent rollercoaster.

If there was to be a K'Nex section, I think people would be more interested in looking/posting rather than making their own coaster and talking about it. True, there hasn't been many thread but with a new section dedicated for it, I think it could grow. So yeah, a good idea.

And now thinking about it, I wish I wouldn't of give away all the sets I had. Now I am left with about 1 1/2 which isn't workbuilding just about anything.

coasterfreak14
12-19-2005, 04:42 PM
I agree. I think there should be one. The reason why I don't ever make models anymore is because there's no where really to talk about it. I think it would attract more people also because then when they type in "k'nex roller coasters" or "model roller coasters" on Google, then ThrillNetwork would show up. And they'd be like, "Hmmmm...ThrillNetwork's only the most popular thrill website on the entire Internet. I should post about my model there."

siestakey
12-20-2005, 08:05 PM
^ Exactly. So, any word on this moderators/administators?

sfft_2108
12-20-2005, 08:10 PM
Here is a site dedicated to K'Nex Coaster. http://www.sscoasters.net/

Enjoy! :)

Jerry S
01-25-2006, 06:20 PM
Just wanted to bump this up. I think it's a good idea, as long as there will be people who will use it. I don't think that a construction and complete section is necessary, but possibly it could be divided into the 3 previously mentioned sections.

magnum_man1989
01-26-2006, 07:58 PM
I think the Speedzone would be a good place to put something like this. I Have a K'nex coaster myself to present.

siestakey
01-28-2006, 04:07 PM
Well, can we have one? Please? lol.

sfft_2108
01-28-2006, 04:30 PM
No... We will not have one. ;)

siestakey
01-28-2006, 04:41 PM
^What? How do you know?

sfft_2108
01-28-2006, 08:25 PM
I am only kidding. Go build your coaster. ;)