PDA

View Full Version : what park and rides have you worked at?

xtreme
12-09-2005, 11:21 PM
well a few questions

what amusment park have you worked at?

what rides have you operated?

what rides would you like to operate?

Chris L
12-10-2005, 12:06 AM
Knott's Berry Farm Summer '04; Ghost Town & Calico Railroad, because I got shafted out of working Supreme Scream - they overbooked and had to transfer me.

PGH_Steeler
12-10-2005, 12:47 PM
Well i work at Kennywood and these are the rides i know how to operate.

Skycoaster
Racer
Jack Rabbit
Phantom's Revenge
Pittfall
Exterminator
Whip
King Kahuna
Volcanoe
Noahs Ark
Merry-Go-Round
Turtles
Swing Around
All 14 kiddie land rides (Now 13 because the cads are gone)

I would like to operate the Thunderbolt, the Aero 360 and the Swing Shot.

TopGun2004
12-10-2005, 01:52 PM
I work at Paramount Carowinds.

My rides that i am fully certified at
Top Gun
Action Fx
Thunder Road
Scooby Doos Haunted Mansion
White Water Falls
Dodgems
Kaliedoscope

I would have had Frenzoid but by the time i had time to train at it they took it down

slnewbus
12-10-2005, 03:44 PM
I worked at Dorney one season, and I worked mostly at Talon. I got shifted around when staffing was bad for some days at the Cedar Creek Cannonball (the red train), The waveswinger, Screamin Swing, and Thunder Canyon. I was at the Cedar Creek Cannonball for 2 weeks during the summer because I had a knee injury.

Sir Willow
12-10-2005, 04:04 PM
Busch Gardens Tampa. Pretty much limited to Rhino Rally, though I have also done Cheetah Chase.

Not sure I'd want to move to another ride as I have to much fun at Rhino. I really like the spieling and interacting with the others on the ride, which is something that you just don't get to do on most rides.

DemonHunter4337
12-10-2005, 04:16 PM
I'll shorten this as much as possible.All the rides I worked on my three years at Cedar Point are:Troika, Chaos and Superhimalaya, Camp Snoopy, GCA (Gemini Children's Area), Gemini, CP&LE Railroad, Mine Ride,Thunder Canyon,Antique Cars, Wave Swinger, Swan Boats, MF, Demon Drop, Dodgems 1 (the ones that used to be by Camp Snoopy), Monster, Witche's Wheel,Midway Carousel,and Corkscrew. And at Geauga Lake I worked all the rides in Kidworks Playzone, Head Spin, Steel Venom, Bel-Aire Express and Skyscraper.

MaGnUmKeLly
12-10-2005, 08:20 PM
Just about 90 percent of the rides at cedar point I have worked at. Geauga Lake: Thunderhawk, Pepsi Plunge, Merry Oldies, Mission Bemumda Triangle(04), Steel Vennom, Sky Scraper, Bel Air, Ferry boats and the foam factory in the kids area.

Chiller1472
12-11-2005, 11:31 PM
Hmm... Sfgadv... Skyway, Log Flume, Minetrain, Medusa, Viper, Rodeo Stampede, Superman, Scream Machine, Houdini, Kingda Ka, Balin's Jungleland, Big Wheel, Chaos, Flying Wave, Pirate's Flight, Fantasy Fling, Buccaneer, Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Train, Evolution, Jolly Roger, Spinmeister, Musik Express, Autobahn, Pendulum, Chiller, Freefall, Water Effect, Batman, Nitro, Congo Rapids, Poland Spring Plunge, Skull Mountain, Looney Tunes Seaport....

I would like to operate X at Sfmm!

xtreme
12-11-2005, 11:39 PM
^dude ive been day transfered to x its not to much fun you have to write so many handicap passes plus check restants.

Chiller1472
12-11-2005, 11:52 PM
^
I know! The favorite rides that I have worked, have all been the challenging/hectic/fast paced/stressfull one's!

xtreme
12-12-2005, 01:26 AM
at sfmm im fully certified for colossus,atom smasher,grinder gearworks,circus wheel,and goliath jr soon goliath

Carowinds 73-03
12-12-2005, 08:41 AM
I was trained at 2 new rides this year at Carowinds so now i have done:

Top Gun
Thunder Road
Hurler
Vortex
Kaleidiscope
Scooby's Haunted Mansion
Carolina Cyclone
Drop Zone
Carolina Goldrusher

I'm working my way around the park. Maybe next year i'll get a few days on Borg.

Cid
12-12-2005, 02:01 PM
The only park I've worked at is Cedar Point.

I'm not in rides so question 2 is not valid for me.

The only rides I can think of that I would want to work would be Blue Streak, Calypso, and Turn Pike Cars. That whole little area seems to be isolated from the world. I love being where the action is in merch, but I don't think I would in rides.

Carowinds2005
12-12-2005, 03:40 PM
I work at Paramount Carowinds.

Rides Worked-
Scooby Doo Haunted Mansion
White Water Falls
Action F/X

Scottywood
12-14-2005, 11:05 PM
I work at Lake Compounce rides I have operated in my 5 years their are....Thunder Rapids, Sky Ride, Lakeside Trolley, C.P. Huntington Train, Carosuel, Bumper Cars, Musik Express, Wildcat roller coaster, DownTime, Wave Swinger, Boulder Dash roller coaster, Ferris Wheel, Saw Mill Plunge, American Flyers, Pirate Ship, Zoomerang roller coaster, Little Dare Devils, Flying Elephants, Drum Circus, Garfeild's Drop Zone, Fantasy Carosuel, Kiddie Swings so I believe that brings me to a total of 22 rides.

As for some rides I'd like to operate would be Mammoth Falls or the new ride for 2006 Thunder n' Lightning, but their are few rides I have yet to operate at the park. But I would like to operate a launch coaster like TTD or Kingda Ka.

April_fool_79
12-15-2005, 04:29 AM
I worked at Miracle Strip Amusement Park in Panama City Beach, FL for 4 seasons. I was fully trained on all the rides there, and the only girl allowed to run the coaster, and one of only 5 people allowed to run the ride by themselves.

I spent 5 years at Universal and was fully trained on Kong, Quake, and Jaws at USF, and Hulk, Dragons, Bluto's, P-Flyers, Trike Encounter, and Discovery Center at IOA. I was partially trained on just about every ride in both parks. I liked doing different things, so when a ride was short staffed, and my home attraction was overstaffed, I usually volunteered to head over to the short attraction, and ended up being able to jump into at least one rotation at each attraction.

Oh yeah, I spent 4 months at Journey to Atlantis at Sea World Orlando. I do not miss being at that park at 6 AM to blow leaves off the sidewalk AT ALL.

medieval
12-15-2005, 07:57 AM
I'm not in rides, but rides I was trained and certified on in '05, along with working all of them.

Skull Mountain
Fantasy Fling
Log Flume
Kingda Ka

Hector
12-21-2005, 06:04 AM
Cedar Point 2002-2005

OK, let's start with the begining

Games (mostly Area three AKA Gemini Games)

Power Tower (main)
Magnum
Corkscrew/ Super
Mantis
Dragster
Cads/ Cedar Downs
Paddlewheel
If there's more I can't remember

Power Tower (main 1)
Magnum (main 2)
GCA
Paddlewheel (main 3)
Monster
Camp Snoopy
Cads/ Cedar Downs/ Scrambler/ Matterhorn
Again, if there's more I can't remember...

Paddlewheel (main 1)
Power Tower
Corkscrew/ Super
Dragster (main 2)
Camp Snoopy (Weekends crew 1)
GCA
Monster/ Witches Wheel (Weekends crew 2)
Mantis
Magnum
White Water Landing
Raptor (A few weekend fridays)
Giant Wheel
Wicked Twister
Kiddy Kingdom (the other Halloweekend fridays)
Troika (Friday's with kiddy kingdom)
Chaos (Friday's with kiddy kingdom)
Demon Drop (well, only entrance to rotate them)
and I cycled maXair before the park opened.
And for the third time, I might have forgotten some.

Knott's Berry Farm Annual Passholder

And I've worked and driven pretty much every type of ride I've wanted to do. The only rides left I want to operate are some Disney rides. Tower of Terror or Haunted Mansion mainly.

coasterell
12-22-2005, 11:48 AM
I worked at Geauga Lake, and I was pretty much a "runner" meaning I learned a lot of rides.

Bever Land Mine Ride, Black Squid, Boardwalk Typhoon, Bounty, Dippy Divers, Gotcha Games Foam Factory, Happy Harbor Nets, Hay Baler, June Bug Jump, Mad Whirl, Pirate's Flight, Raging Wolf Bobs, Road Rally, Starcastle Voyage, The Tea Party, Thriller Bees, Thunder Alley Speedway, Tree Hopper, Turbo Bungee, and the Yo-Yo(total 20 rides)

Rides I would like to learn are as follows: Dominator, Steel Venom, X-Flight, Time Warp, Grizzly Run, Texas Twister, Ripcord, Dino Island, and the Big Dipper.

m-force 4 ever
06-24-2006, 09:36 AM
SFGAm

rides:
Columbia Carousel
Rue Le Dodge
Condor
Superman
Whizzer
Hometown Fun Machine
Jester's Wild Ride

GMalenko1
06-25-2006, 07:18 AM
Hey everyone. This is my first post. But here is what I've worked

Clementon Park
Thunder Bolt
Inverter
Ferris Wheel
CP Hunnington Train
Samba Tower
Kite Flyer
Tutle Whirl
Chaos
Falling Star
Flying Pharoah's Swings
Sea Dragon
Carousel
7 rides in Kiddie Land
Log Flume
J2
Oh and Jack Rabbit

Six Flags Great Adventure
Kingda Ka
Batman
Koala Canyon
Bugs Bunny Fun Factory
Yosemite Sam's Flight School
Daffy's Deep Diver
Taz's Seaport Trucking Co.
Pepe´ LePew's Rafts of Romance
Road Runner Railway

trombone
06-28-2006, 09:05 PM
Currently: Splash Mountain at Walt Disney World

and all attactions at DisneyQuest.

Marcus
07-22-2006, 02:48 AM
I worked 3 seasons at Cedar Point but didn't work rides. Currently I'm at SFGAm operating Batman: The Ride as a home unit, with a secondary in operating Vertical Velocity. Also I'm certified to work the flats Whirligig and East River Crawler. Realistically, I hope someday to crosstrain on Roaring Rapids.

DominatorDude
07-26-2006, 01:08 AM
Geauga Lake & Wildwater Kingdom
Beaver Land Mine Ride
Big Dipper
Carousel
Dino Island II: Escape From Dino Island
Dippy Divers
Dodgems
Dominator
Double Loop
El Dorado
Gotcha Games
Grizzly Run
Half Pint Express
Haybaler
Head Spin
Hot Air Express
Mad Whirl
Merry Oldies
Road Rally
Rocket Relay
Rocket Sled Ride
Shipwreck Falls
Starfish
Texas Twister
Thunder Alley Speedway
Tree Hopper
Time Warp

PKI (on a park assistance basis)
Vortex

(27 Rides)

Raptor
11-03-2006, 04:10 AM
So far...

Cedar Point
Mean Streak
Gemini
Cedar Creek Mine Ride
Snake River Falls
CP & LE Railroad
Antique Cars
White Water Landing

Magic Kingdom
Tomorrowland Indy Speedway
Tomorrowland Transit Authority
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
Stitch's Great Escape
The non-training required parts of Space Mountain

Disney-MGM Studios
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Fantasmic!/Parade crowd control

Chris L
11-03-2006, 04:32 AM
Where: Knott's Berry Farm

When: Summer '04

What: Ghost Town & Calico Railroad

RCTfan
11-07-2006, 01:50 PM
I used to work at EPCOT working the Living Seas and Soarin'. I can still pick up shifts there but I don't do it very often.

If I would work any attractions at Disney, I'd choose Tower of Terror or Jungle Cruise.

Marcus
11-07-2006, 02:39 PM
I used to work at EPCOT working the Living Seas and Soarin'. I can still pick up shifts there but I don't do it very often.

If I would work any attractions at Disney, I'd choose Tower of Terror or Jungle Cruise.

Hey you were there in Spring 2005 as well! Awesome. That's when Soarin' was first coming out. Wow, I really hope you didn't have to work entrance to the ride when they had restricted access. I remember going to the Cast Member Preview and there was like 3 people working entrance. All these families walked up and said they wanted to get on Soarin', and were denied since they weren't Cast Members. So they started yelling and complaining, while I just walked by the chaos, flashed my card and got on the ride. Sucked for those entrance hosts getting yelled at the whole day, as well as the days they only allowed DVC members, and then season pass members to ride.

Also in that same Spring, I went with some Chatham peeps to ride Living Seas. Can't say I was a fan, but I do remember one part. There's a section where they did a showing or something, and then they announce these doors will be opening and to stand clear. Well there was a toddler who didn't understand the directions, and when everyone turned to the doors, all we saw was the door burst open, and cracking this small child smack dab on the head, and the kid flying a couple feet and falling over. Everyone in the room gasped and let out a "Oooooohh" until the mother grab the child trying to prevent him from crying. I can still hear that loud crack from the point of impact.

Carowinds 73-03
04-30-2008, 03:01 PM
*BIG BUMP*

CAROWINDS
Carolina Goldrusher
Hurler
Nighthawk
After Burn
Rip Roarin' Rapids
Fairly Odd Coaster
Southern Star
Lazytown Sporticopters
Carolina Cyclone
Drop Zone
Wild Thornberry's River Adventure
Carolina Skytower

Walt Disney World
Kilimanjaro Safaris

Universal Studios Florida
Jimmy Neutron
Shrek
Jaws
Spiderman

DPCMAN
04-30-2008, 03:42 PM
I work at Dutch Wonderland. I've worked every single ride we have there...of course that's what happens when you work there for five years.

The one ride I would love to run would be one of the trains at Magic Kingdom, WDW.

coasterell
05-01-2008, 11:41 AM
I have to add 2 rides to my list. Geauga Lake--Dino Island, and Shipwreck Falls.

I hope that I could maybe learn some rides at Disney if things don't go well in Merchandise.