PDA

View Full Version : Miami Vice: The Movie

Wes
12-21-2005, 12:31 PM
At my viewing of Kong I saw the trailer for Miami Vice, with Collin Farrell and Jamie Fox. http://movies.go.com/movies/movie?name=miamivice_2003

I don't know about this one. Miami Vice was such an 80's icon and I can remember watching it as a teenager.

I just can't see them doing anything with this as a modern story without changing it a whole lot.

They will probably make it very dark and similar to Collateral. The tv show was fun and goofy but then it was serious as well some times.

What are your thoughts...

Carowinds 73-03
12-21-2005, 02:50 PM
Oh god, Not another TV series turned movie.

It could be cool, never really watched the TV show. I don't like the cast.

slipknot8527
12-21-2005, 03:53 PM
I remember seeing this trailer in the theatre, and the whole place bursting out laughing...it looks horrible.

Brian F
12-22-2005, 01:03 AM
Wow, and I used to sometimes wonder why I always end up giving away the movie passes that they give me at work.

I'll be sure to rush out and miss this one.

coasterlove
12-22-2005, 12:51 PM
I'll wait till I see the preview to make a judgement on how it looks. Although I do like the director Michael Mann who was involved with the original Miami Vice. I'm also a fan of Jamie Foxx and while I'm a little tired of hearing about Colin Farrel, I do think he's usually a good actor.

slnewbus
12-22-2005, 03:51 PM
YES!!!! I LOVE MIAMI VICE!!!! I wish they would play the reruns on tv more often.