PDA

View Full Version : Which Will Finish First?

Jerry S
12-21-2005, 04:35 PM
Six Flags' 4 new coasters are all topped off now, and this poll is to determine which coaster will be done first. By done I mean testing, not theming and lines.

I know that Goliath (GA) is ahead with a drop already, but B&M coasters are usually built very stop and go like. Which will finish first?

Don't be biased towards your local coaster, just give your opinion.

I think Tatsu because the lift started later than the other three and finished second. Also, all of the footers had to be dug by the time it began because of it's complexity with the terrain.

Montu Man
12-21-2005, 04:39 PM
Probably Tatsu, as hopefully SF is pushing it to move fast because they don't close annually.

redunzelizer
12-21-2005, 04:55 PM
Please define "finish first":

- completed track circuit (without storage track)
- completed track circuit (including storage)
- first successful clearance test
- first successful pullthrough
- first test ride with empty trains
- first test ride with weights / dummies
- first technicians test riding
- checked and approved by authorities.
- first day of rides for selected preview guests
- first day of public opening
- theming (in case there) completed

and finally for any coasters run and maintained by SF:

- second year of successful uninterupted operation.

Oh my.... why do you start a poll without asking a serious question? :rolleyes:

Jerry S
12-21-2005, 04:58 PM
Six Flags' 4 new coasters are all topped off now, and this poll is to determine which coaster will be done first. By done I mean testing, not theming and lines.

I know that Goliath (GA) is ahead with a drop already, but B&M coasters are usually built very stop and go like. Which will finish first?

Don't be biased towards your local coaster, just give your opinion.

I think Tatsu because the lift started later than the other three and finished second. Also, all of the footers had to be dug by the time it began because of it's complexity with the terrain.

I'll quote myself and underline it. By that I mean bare testing, i think most people understood that. Read my whole post before asking, and then you could clarify what I meant by "testing" and not "finish." You aren't the only smart one here. Also, you are biased against SF, so maybe it's better you don't respond here, so lets not even START with that whole second year BS.

coolstarwasim
12-21-2005, 05:11 PM
I think Tatsu

CP Maverick
12-21-2005, 05:11 PM
I'd say t.a.t.u. only because they'll probably want to get people on that girl asap. GA 2nd because of the earlier opening than the other 2 parks.

sfft_2108
12-21-2005, 05:13 PM
Goliath South, cause no one has said that one yet...

redunzelizer
12-21-2005, 05:59 PM
Jerry S, thanx for underlining, I actually had completely missed that one line. :sadface:

I hereby apologize for having read your first post way too fast.

Ryan F
12-21-2005, 07:02 PM
Goliath at LaRonde will more than likely finish last.
Montreal has real harsh winters with lots of snow and ice storms, which probably slow down construction.

Nitro1118
12-21-2005, 07:32 PM
1) Tatsu
2) Goliath North
3) Goliath South
4) El Toro

Toro's goin at snail's pace....

Cephas
12-21-2005, 08:48 PM
1)Goliath South
2)Tatsu
3)Goliath North
4)El Toro

steven77
12-21-2005, 09:00 PM
I think Tastu

bigboy_1234567
12-21-2005, 09:12 PM
Goliath South

Jerry S
12-22-2005, 07:56 AM
Jerry S, thanx for underlining, I actually had completely missed that one line. :sadface:

I hereby apologize for having read your first post way too fast.

Okay, and sorry for being impatient.

Leo C
12-22-2005, 09:35 AM
It sounds like one of those races you seen on the jumbotron at a baseball game. I pick the Red Train....

The weather seems most consistent and pleasant in So Cal. I think Tatsu will roll on through to testing the fastest. I was not surprise with how fast SCREAM! was put up a few years ago, but that was on flat asphalt as well.

pipesdrums
12-22-2005, 09:43 AM
I think Goliath at SFOG will finish first. Alot of it is already standing and with Georgia's milder temperatures, construction can be done without having to wade through snow, ice etc. The milder temperatures could also mean that testing can start earlier.

Goliath at La Ronde will be a tricky one to predict. Montreal does get alot of bad storms, but will the simplicity of the layout allow faster contruction? But then if trackwork is finished too soon, how long will it sit there dormant waiting for the correct weather to test?

I think Tatsu is a bit decieving. Even though the lift and station track has been put up quickly, I think the terrain will come into play when more complex pieces of track and to be installed. The lift and station track is pretty straightforward construction, but a delicate hand will be needed working on that terrain that might require more time.

El Toro? Its a woodie. Unless they had the majority of it built before winter really hit, I don't think it will having a fighting chance.

so..
1. Goliath - SFOG
3. Tatsu*
3. Goliath - LA*
4. El Toro

*two 3rds because I can pick which one will finish before the other, so they tie.

But who cares about those when Kentucky Rumbler is almost complete? :D

Wes
12-22-2005, 11:21 AM
Goliath South or Tatsu

matteocrepaldi
12-22-2005, 01:15 PM
From the latest update I saw I would say that the first to finish is going to be SFOG's Goliath.

Katie
12-22-2005, 04:16 PM
I honestly think Tatsu. They want that up and running for Solace in March. That is a pretty big push seeing as it was a later start then all of the others. Also California doesn't have to worry about winter weather effecting the schedule.

Jhcbiinoc
12-22-2005, 04:37 PM
^Tatsu, for the same reason mentioned above. It might have taken them a long time to do site prep, but once they went vertical, construction really took off. I'm guessing Tatsu will be done first, SFOG Goliath a very close second, Goliath La Ronde third, and El Toro last.

Carowinds 73-03
12-22-2005, 09:27 PM
I also think Tatsu will be the first to finish followed by Goliath @ SFoG.

Marc
12-23-2005, 01:35 AM
It doesn't matter which ride will open first. You can't ride them untill the park opens for the season.