PDA

View Full Version : Orlando studios/ Islands of adv.

magnum_man1989
12-28-2005, 09:42 PM
We have been plannign a trip to orlando for about 3 months now and since we were staying in Orlando we planned a trip to the theme parks. The last time we went we only visited orlando studios and I had a BLAST and couldnt wait to go to islands of adv.

We flew on a tiny plane and ended up in Orlando at about 8 or 9 and stayed at my uncles for the night. Orlando is a really nice city compared to Miami which was another stop on our trip. In the morning we went right over to the park at 9 sharp and caught an early breakfast at Mcdonalds. By the way the trip took place during December 24-25. The first day we went to islands of adv which I think is the better of the two parks. First ride of the day was Spidey. I remember sitting this out last time because I couldn't handle it but WOW! this ride is amazing. The 3d effects, the constant twisting and turning and the characters make everything seem so real. Id rate it a 9/10.

Next ride after that was Dr. doom.The line was only about 10 mins long and most of the lines for the day were fairly short. This ride was ok, but they really should give you more launches. The first one is pretty good and got my stomach going, but after that your just waiting to get over with it. Pretty good ride overall. 7/10.

It was about 10:30 when we headed over to the Hulk. The line was only 10 mins! we got on twice in a row. My favorite part of the line is the launch. I tricked my parents into thinking the launch was a regular chain lift and it worked. I expected more from the second part of the ride but after the cobra roll it becomes dull. Lots of speed and twists. Really good coaster. 9/10

We wanted to see more of the back of the park so we went and saw Posidens Fury I think it's called. The lines were starting to fill up at about 12:00 but this ride was only a half hour at the most. I was impressed by that water tunnel, and our tour guide made everything seem real. He was actually pretty funny screaming PROFESSOR into the radio. I liked this and I would it a 7/10

We caught some lunch at a resturant across from Deuling Dragons that served huge turkey legs. The prices were pretty good and they had outside seating which I liked but they needed to do something about all those hungry birds.

Deuling Dragons was next on our list. We had 6 people in our party so we split it up 4 and 2. 4 on fire and 2 on ice. I have ridden both sides and I am more impressed by the fire side. That huge immelan after the drop is amazing. The ice side seemed slower than fire. The best part of both rides is the verticle loops. Some random man said you come within 17 inches of each others feet. Thats pretty cool. I love this ride and it's one of the best inverted coasters in the world, behind Raptor of course.9/10

My favorite part of this park was Jurrasic park. They did a good job of theming all of the rides and scenery. River adventure in my opinion was the best ride in the park. The wait was only 20 mins so we went twice. They did a good job with the fake dinosaurs making them look absolutely real. The part that scared me the most was the falling box part. I was saying to myself" I hope this box doesn't fall on me" and right when we get under it, the thing drops. I had my body turned and everything to get out of the way but I realized that it's part of the ride. Going up the hill was pretty cool too. The part where the claw makrs appear on the cloth looked real. Props to Islands of adv for making that T-rex look so much alive. Everyone screams as the go down. Does anybody know how big that drop is?. It feels like maybe 70 or 80. The ride gets a perfect 10/10 and I can't tell you how many times I re-rode it before the end of the day.

Dudley's ripsaw falls was closed for some reason. My uncle who works at the other park said they were doing work on it. It looks like a pretty good ride. Big drop and all.

The rest of the day we did re-rides and walked around the port of entry and looked for things to buy. I love this park almost as much as cp.

Overall park rating...drumroll please...dadadadadadadadadadadadadadaddddadadadad:---9/10

The theming is amazing and the coasters are too. I thought they could use a few more rides but It was really clean and the staff was very friendly. I enjoyed my stay at Islands of adv.

magnum_man1989
12-28-2005, 09:53 PM
Part 2

This is about my trip to Orlando studios.

We first ride the Mummy. I am still upset over the removal of King kong, but this was a good ride to replace him. Long live the king. Anyway, I would give it a perfect 10. Good theme, good use of that space and I loved it.

Next was Men in Black. Not one of my favorites. It's pretty good to ride early because there aren't any lines but like I said, just an ok ride. 5/10

We caught a bit to eat at the monsters cafe and went to see the hollywood makeup show. It's a show about the horror film industry and how they use makeup on their films. I was laughing because one of the guys was showing a clip of osme movie of a monster chasing a woman and he said" Hello woman, Im here to pinch your boobie." It was pretty funny. 8.5/10

Jaws was my favorite ride last visit and it scared the heck out of me. I must admit, it still does. Good 5 minute wait time which is good for this ride. Our tour guide was hilarious. After the second attack durign the gas explosion, he says"Oh no, a gas fire folks...hey check it out only 1:15 a gallon!" Great tour, Great theme, and a great ride. 9.5/10

Twister is the best of the themed rides in the park. Thats why I rode it 4 times in a row. It can't be beaten. I love the fire effects and the wind and rain. It felt like something was gonan hit me in the face during the whole ride. pretty real! 8.5/10

The rest of the day we ate dinner and did re-rides. I thought it was a pretty good day.

Park rating: 8/10- Pretty good park. Needs a few more rides like the mummy though. I didn't catch earthquake due to HUGE lines throughout the day.

Overall trip rating: 8.5/10- Awesome times! I enjoyed Islands of Adv. myself, because it had more thrill rides and shorter lines than the older park. Both amazing parks. I recomend them to anyone!

Montu Man
12-28-2005, 11:27 PM
Good guess on the JP drop. It is 80 or 85 feet. Don't you love it how Jaws is open right now? I love that ride. Nice TR, now I must go out to your local parks and dominate your roller coasters.

magnum_man1989
12-29-2005, 01:25 PM
JP looks alot bigger than just an 85 ft drop. hmm???..maybe they need all of that extra space to fit T-rex in? Yes that is great that Jaws is still open. I think it's one of the best rides in the park.

April_fool_79
12-29-2005, 01:57 PM
You ate at the Enchanted Oak Tavern. Thunder Falls Terrace in JP has amazing BBQ wings, with grilled corn on the cob, potatoes ... Yummy. And the chair cushions ... I kept trying to figure out a way to steal one, but they're too big to stick under my shirt. ;) Too bad they decided to close the restaurant for the majority of the year, or open it only for special events.

And you didn't ride Quake because of long lines, but everything else was short? Good grief. They must have been really short staffed and only running a show every 15 minutes if there was a long line those days.

magnum_man1989
12-29-2005, 02:28 PM
I faintly remember riding quake last visit, which was 4 years ago and I remember that it was REALLY really good, but I also remember waiting in a long line to ride it, same with jaws. I dont really know which of the rides in Universal Studios is the best but It's a close tie between Jaws and Mummy.