PDA

View Full Version : POV Video for IJST

Hank
01-02-2006, 05:54 PM
Are there any POV videos for Italian Job Stunt Ride?

Thunderhawk
01-02-2006, 06:13 PM
Why? Imagine three minutes of boring.

Pcw
01-02-2006, 06:21 PM
http://www.pulse24.com/Showbiz/Top_Story/20050421-003/page.asp

Carowinds 73-03
01-02-2006, 06:47 PM
Nice video. It does look very boaring but i'll soon get my chance to ride it when PKD opens.

Martin
01-02-2006, 07:04 PM
Doesn't look all that great, but none the less a nice, easy ride. That helix looks pretty cool and so do the various fires that happen on the MCBR, I believe, with the helicopter and gas tanks.

The guy in that video recorded his face more than the ride.

Pcw
01-02-2006, 07:15 PM
They probably made him, just to show off how 'scary' the ride is. Besides, we've already seen the animation video.

Martin
01-02-2006, 07:20 PM
True, true. He was smiling anyway, not really a sign of fear, but rather showing how tame the ride actually is.

DSB
01-02-2006, 07:29 PM
He was shaking the camera so much, it was hard to tell what was going on. It also does look boring judging by what I could make out.

Martin
01-02-2006, 07:37 PM
^ Yeah, it does lose its pacing, but does have some nice burst of speed here and there. The most exciting part of the ride is probably the helix after the launch. I also believe that he said in the beginning of the video, something about 60 mph speeds. Try 40 mph.

Tanks4me05
01-02-2006, 07:45 PM
60 mph? Yeah right. These people really have to look on the internet more often. But at least that may give a slight boost in attendance for the people who pitifully have no clue what the speed is.

Pcw
01-02-2006, 07:56 PM
Yeah, lots of people keep catching that. I guess he meant kph...even though that probably doesn't work out to 40 mph anyway.

Martin
01-02-2006, 08:01 PM
^ It comes out to 37.28 mph when conveted from 60 kph. I suppose he could of meant kph, or he was just exagerrating the speed of the ride by 20 mph.

DSB
01-02-2006, 08:23 PM
He also didn't seem to know much about coasters. "An element called a helix". "The ride goes by fast, but there's a lot of gravity involved". I like the 2nd one a lot. Well DUH there's gravity involved, that's one of the basic main forces that makes coasters work. The helix does look fun though.

B&M Junkie
01-02-2006, 11:47 PM
I hate the IJST. Long wait for a crappy ride. I will never ride this piece of crap again!

Pcw
01-03-2006, 12:04 AM
He also didn't seem to know much about coasters. "An element called a helix". "The ride goes by fast, but there's a lot of gravity involved". I like the 2nd one a lot. Well DUH there's gravity involved, that's one of the basic main forces that makes coasters work. The helix does look fun though.

Well, it's not some kind of coaster news show, just the local news.

Gemini78
01-03-2006, 09:51 PM
Actually, I must disagree with most, if not all the opinions, on IJST. I found it (PKI's at least) to be a very fun, and at one point intense, coaster. It is actually up on my top twenty, maybe in my top 15, and is a nice break between the towering monsters that dominate park skylines. I think the two best parts were the initial launch and helix, which were actually pretty forceful compared to what I was expecting; and everything from the MCBR w/special FX through to exiting the "subway" through the billboard. I found the "subway" section very fun because even though I knew that the ride was designed in such a way that I wouldn't hit anything with my hands, the total darkness, speed, and quick transitions/turns (maybe it was trick track) kept my arms down through that section. Give it a chance before you judge the ride, because before I saw it in person, I too though "forceless, boring, little kiddie coaster." But in reality, it is anything but that. I think I would ride that for a major portion of my day if I could (of course this is someone who marathoned maXair on Labor day).

Bratman
01-04-2006, 02:05 AM
^^ Hey a whole group of us did marathon the PCW version of the ride on Labour Day Weekend. Had a blast on it.

pipesdrums
01-04-2006, 03:03 AM
I found it (PKI's at least) to be a very fun

I agree with you on that point. While I don't think it is an outstanding coaster that that I would write home about, in my opinion I think it is a really fun ride. It could be faster and have more airtime, but I think for who the ride is targeted at, I think it does a decent job.

Another note I'd like to make is that during Fear Fest at Pcw they had most (if not all?) the light on and around the ride off which made the ride even better and alot more fun than riding it during the day.

I think its a fun ride that is great for a young family to ride, but I also don't think it worth much of a wait.

Hank
01-04-2006, 05:17 AM
This is simply beyond belief!

I asked a simple question...Is there a POV video of IJST available and the thread turns into OPINIONS of the ride.

I DON'T CARE what anyone thinks of the ride. The purpose of asking the question is for a young girl who is dying of cancer/leukemia and wanted to see the ride again, as it was one of the last rides she'd ever been on when at PKI last year. She won't make it to the 2006 season, so she asked if there was a video. She asked ME to look because she knew I had some sources to draw from in looking for it.

I appreciate the post that led me to the Canadian news story with some on ride shots. I realize it wasn't the best, but she REALLY enjoyed seeing it.

I know that most of you are far too young to understand (or care) about things like this, so I guess I'm "hanging around" with the wrong crowd. I've never been so disgusted and hurt by people's comments.

So much for me and this site. I hope the moderators will seriously look into this entire scenerio. And the rest of you - and you know who you are - should be ashamed of yourselves.

pipesdrums
01-04-2006, 05:44 AM
Maybe no one posted a link to an onride video because there isn't a good one on the net....

However, if you really want to see an onride that bad, you could always ride Pauly's Italian Job recreation in No Limits;
http://weeweeslap.com/track_exchange/detail.asp?tid=8430

Wes
01-04-2006, 12:59 PM
Why? Imagine three minutes of boring.

Try 1.3 minutes.

pipesdrums
01-04-2006, 02:35 PM
3 if you count the amount of time spent sitting stacked up on the brake run :p

ShannonS
01-04-2006, 03:31 PM
I will wait until I ride IJSC at PKD this coming April,until then,don't tease it for me.(HA!HA!) SES

Thunderhawk
01-04-2006, 10:50 PM
^^^Sorry, it FELT like three minutes after riding the other rides at PKI...

Hank, I am sorry for your situation, but I don't see what comments you found disgusting or mean spirited.

flightoffear96
01-05-2006, 02:42 PM
I thought the version at PKI was pretty fun. Its a nice little break from the mega coasters. I know it may not look like the most thrilling ride but it is still fun.

Jerry S
01-05-2006, 03:57 PM
I'm glad you have that opinion, I've not been on one of the IJSTs, and I hear it's boring, but it is a cool type of coaster, andI wish more people would car more about fun than thrilling sometimes.

Hector
01-05-2006, 04:04 PM

I asked a simple question...Is there a POV video of IJST available and the thread turns into OPINIONS of the ride.

I DON'T CARE what anyone thinks of the ride. The purpose of asking the question is for a young girl who is dying of cancer/leukemia and wanted to see the ride again, as it was one of the last rides she'd ever been on when at PKI last year. She won't make it to the 2006 season, so she asked if there was a video. She asked ME to look because she knew I had some sources to draw from in looking for it.

I appreciate the post that led me to the Canadian news story with some on ride shots. I realize it wasn't the best, but she REALLY enjoyed seeing it.

I know that most of you are far too young to understand (or care) about things like this, so I guess I'm "hanging around" with the wrong crowd. I've never been so disgusted and hurt by people's comments.

So much for me and this site. I hope the moderators will seriously look into this entire scenerio. And the rest of you - and you know who you are - should be ashamed of yourselves.

Please enlighten me as to what I should look into. But let me try to get this straight anyway. Your mad because people are discussing things on a discussion board and you probably got the best video your going to get; Yet you still feel the need to call most of the members on this board immature becuase of circumstances you failed to mention in your initial post. Did I miss anything? No? ok, just checking.

Wes
01-05-2006, 08:23 PM
I would hardly call IJST boring. The tunnel (when dark) is pretty fun.

The whole ride was fun. If it wasn't, I sure wouldn't have ridden it 4 times over 2 days.

It's just that it's not designed to be a thrill coaster, just a fun entertaining coaster. which it is.

Martin
01-05-2006, 08:44 PM

I DON'T CARE what anyone thinks of the ride. You got a bunch POV videos. Stop *****ing about it and relax, you have your videos, and now this has turned into a nice discussion.

Yes, I know I am far too young to understand the purpose for this, or why you care about this girl. I see how you feel, but you don't have to go nuts.

Thunderhawk
01-05-2006, 10:42 PM
The tunnel is fun, I'll admit that. But overall..I find it boring. I've always been drawn to the more extreme coasters, so it's not like I expected to love this ride.