PDA

View Full Version : Just applied!

Pcw
01-02-2006, 07:41 PM
I've just applied for a job at PCW. I chose admissions attendant as my first option along with ecologist and walk-about character. Hoping I'll get the job, is there anyone here that works in admissions at PCW?

RidePhoto101
01-02-2006, 07:54 PM
Good luck with the job interview. Being a costumed character could be a little warm in the summer but I'm sure whatever you get hired for you will have fun with as long as you make the best of it. At least in most cases with amusement parks, its not the actual job that makes working fun, its the people and the high energy atmosphere. Make the best of it and you'll have a great summer. Good luck.

Pcw
01-02-2006, 08:00 PM
Thanks! I've heard that they good you enough breaks for the walk about character job at PCW. And with the Nick Parade, there's probably a better chance of me getting the character job, even though I put it as my 3rd.

Carowinds 73-03
01-03-2006, 01:52 AM
Good luck! I hope you get the job. Working at a theme park is alot of fun and working wth Paramount can be very rewarding.

SFOT Source
01-15-2006, 06:08 PM
I thought this would probably fit under this thread:

Yesterday, I went to the SFOT Job Fair and went and did the whole job thing. After walking through set-ups that the various departments had, I decided to go with the Games Department. I was impressed with what they had to offer and it seems like a fun job even though its not fun to get pestered by them. After doing my paperwork and enduring a 2 round interview, I got the job in the games department. So this upcoming weekend, we will have orientation/ID & uniform distribution. On Feb. 18th is training for the job and then the season starts March 4th. It is already guaranteed that I will work opening weekend and I am really looking foward to starting up at the park. Once I turn 16, I will have the option to move to rides department. As that is what is originally intended, it will most likely be based off if I'm superiorly enjoying my time in the games department.

Alan J
01-15-2006, 06:26 PM
Um, if im thinking right you have to be 18 to run rides. (Or be in the ride department.)

SFOT Source
01-15-2006, 08:35 PM
Its 16 here:

Laborer : Ride Host/Hostess
Position Type: Seasonal
Description:
To provide a safe and efficient ride experience through the loading, unloading, and overall operation of the park's rides. Cleaning of assigned area also required.
Skills required:
Loading and unloading of the guests. Operating ride control panels. Observe rides for safe operation. Ability to use stairs, catwalks, and ladders. Ability to work at heights over 50 feet. Good people and communication skills and friendliness a must. Ability to promote a safe working environment.
Age Requirements: 16 or older
Availability Requirements: Days Evenings
Pay rate: 6.50hr

Directly off SixFlags.com ^

RidePhoto101
01-15-2006, 09:12 PM
As far as I know there are some parks that will let minors work as a ride host, just not as a ride operator. In otherwords, if you are 16 or 17, certain parks/chains will let you check restraints and/or work entrance, but you are not allowed to work controls until you turn 18. I would imagine this is the policy at SFOT.

Pcw
01-16-2006, 07:41 AM
Pay rate: 6.50hr

Minimum wage in Canada and the US is different right? I hear in February the rates going up to $7.25 for minimum wage for students.

SFOT Source
01-16-2006, 12:02 PM
Yeah, it is different. However, SFOT does not go down to the bottom of the payrate. They put a base payrate of $6.00 for 15 year olds. In my position, it is guaranteed to go up to a $7.00 base pay at 16 years old.

Nick S
01-17-2006, 10:28 PM
I would have thought that the rates for attendant and operator at PCW would have gone up, because of the minimum wage increase.. In Admissions, all of the entry-level positions get payed minimum wage.

Pcw
01-19-2006, 05:28 PM
Well I got an e-mail back from the park...with the subject "2066 Employment"...

Matthew,

Thank you for your application for the 2006 season. We are excited to hear you are interested in joining the Paramount Canada’s Wonderland team.

Unfortunately you must be at least 15 years old to work in the park. Your application will be kept on hold until you have turned 15, you will then be considered for any available positions at Paramount Canada’s Wonderland.

If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to email me or call the Human Resources Department at (905)832-7401. Thank you again for your interest, we hope to speak with you soon.

Regards,
Melissa Miller

Recruitment Manager
Human Resrouces
melissa.miller@paramountparks.com
(905)832-7000 ext-6112

Pcw
01-19-2006, 07:02 PM
Thanks for the info.

I can't believe the park's opening on May 7th instead of something like April 30th at least.
...I also counted 122 days of the 2006 season (last year was 126)

coasterell
01-30-2006, 06:57 PM
A few weeks ago I found out I'll be going back to Geauga Lake.
Happy Harbor Crew 2006...

trombone
01-30-2006, 10:55 PM
On the side note I am going to be working for Disney World at Disney Quest. I start my first class on tuesday Jan 31 and will be having training in the Attraction Department