PDA

View Full Version : soooo, this coming summer

jonny228
01-03-2006, 01:27 PM
This coming summer I am planning a trip, I should be getting a better vehicle, and I am planning a trip. Going to Virginia Beach, well Virginia at least. Traveling from Indiana can somebody come up with a good itinerary, maybe someone that does a lot of traveling, as I do not. I know I will stop at Holiday World in Indiana, and Busch Gardens in Williamsburg but I have no clue where else. Also, I only like quality parks so I don't want to see anything like KK on this list of possibilities. Thanks for any info.

VekomahangNbang
01-03-2006, 01:33 PM
You should also go to Kings Dominion, which is a very enjoyable park. If it's crowded you might want to spend more than one day there because there is a lot of stuff to ride. BGW is also a very nice park, and all four of their coasters are really good, with no crappy ones. SFA is outside of D.C., but I guess you could consider it to be like KK, so you might not like it that well (I Haven't been there though)

This should be moved to Tips or something.

m-force 4 ever
01-03-2006, 01:37 PM
I would also say hit BGW, PKD and SFA (which is kinda crappy but S:ROS and Roar are great so they make up for it)

Komatz70
01-03-2006, 01:41 PM
you might as well hit Hershey park and Dorney park as well. And coming from Holiday World, go to Kings Mills in Ohio and hit PKI

jonny228
01-03-2006, 01:46 PM
I have been to PKI plenty of times and I don't want to include it on this trip, mainly parks I have not been to yet, with the exception of HW. I have heard a lot of good things about Roar, and remember seeing that twisted piece of artwork when it was built I just might have to include that in my trip.

cannonballer
01-04-2006, 04:12 AM
Check out the waterpark next to BGW!
Its awsome!

BGWfanatic
01-09-2006, 08:10 PM
I have to agree with cannon Baller, BG Water country USA is by far my favorite water park. so if you are even remotely into water parks, you should definately include it in your trip.

NITROS AIRTIME
01-09-2006, 08:24 PM
If you don't want to go to SFGADV for KK because of quality ( which i would go to) then I'd advise against SFA. Thats my homepark, and almost everything about that park has many problems. the coasters their routinley break down. WHile Superman is great, it often breaks down. I've been on Mind eraser 8 times, and of those, 3 times it broke down while on it. I refuse to ride it, due to the roughness.

Stick with PKD, BGW, and Hershey PArk. If you haven't been their, SFGADV is really one you should consider.

dukeandPCfan
01-09-2006, 08:38 PM
^ i think he meant kentucky kingdom ;)

but if you haven't been to SFGAdv and are in the vicinity (close to Hershey/Dorney if you go there but far from VA, etc) you should go... kingda ka, el toro, nitro, superman, chiller, medusa, batman... etc -lots of Beemers, lots of good coasters!

BGW should be a must for the trip, and you're lucky you're getting to HW next year... Voyage is going to be awesome!

Kingdakasurivor
01-09-2006, 08:43 PM
Iv'e been going to SFGradv my whole life and It's a awsome park with El toro coming it will be even better, just be careul because the lines can get pretty long.
You should definitly hit hershey and holiday World those are High quality parks

PANTSFREE
01-23-2006, 11:19 AM
I'd go to SFA, it's a nice park and the coasters minus Mind Eraser are good quality. SFGAdv is a bit out of the way of VA/DC. Its about a 4 hour drive for me from my home in Alexandria. And everytime I've been to the park the crowds have killed it for me. You need atleast 2 if not 3 days at that place...

Coaster Nana
01-23-2006, 01:00 PM
Add my vote for BGW and PKD. We make the trip from Florida every year to go to those parks.